Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Suing telemarketers, relevant?

  1. #1
    Patron with Honors StickbyMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    143

    Default Suing telemarketers, relevant?


  2. Thanks FoTi, Idle Morgue says "thank you" for this post
    Likes FoTi, Idle Morgue liked this post
  3. #2
    Gold Meritorious Patron
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,670

    Default Re: Suing telemarketers, relevant?

    Quote Originally Posted by StickbyMe View Post
    Send their legal department a piece of certified mail. Include a separate note from a notary, signed by the notary with his stamp, attesting to the contents. Inform the Cof$ that they are totally welcome to call, in fact you enjoy their calls. It's just that your time is worth something, and, past a certain date, they are calling you with the understanding that they are calling you in your capacity as a verbal abuse consultant. It will also be with the understanding that the best way to train a verbal abuser is to use verbal abuse on them. Included will be a fee schedule for insults. For instance:

    Did your parents have any children that lived? I BET THEY REGRET THAT! YOU'RE SO UGLY YOU CAN BE A MODERN ART MASTERPIECE!!! .... $37.28

    You must have forgotten to taken your Nerts breathmint ... that's the breathmint specially formulated to fight COCKSUCKER'S BREATH! ... $52.71

    I'm sure you can think of a few of your own to include in your fee schedule. Be sure to use totally off the wall numbers as shown, that way they will scratch their heads wondering why. Also include a schedule of late fees and interest. If they call, inform them that this is the start of the session that they are being billed for, and insult away. Be sure to tape the call. Get in as many insults as you can and then send them an invoice. If they don't pay, send a followup with late fees and interest. After 3 or so notices, you can then start more serious collection actions.

    Pete

  4. #3
    Patron with Honors Man de la Mancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    411

    Default Re: Suing telemarketers, relevant?

    Quote Originally Posted by StickbyMe View Post
    Usually the statute itself will define who it applies to and who is exempt.

  5. #4
    Patron Meritorious
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    710

    Default Re: Suing telemarketers, relevant?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoNuclear View Post
    Be sure to tape the call.

    Pete
    Snippedy-snip

    Be careful with taping calls. IANAL, but I think this is a state-by-state (USA) thing.
    In some states both parties to the convo have to know about and agree to be taped or YOU (the taper) will be in serious trouble...

    Jack
    Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

    "You remember only about the brass ring
    You forget all about the golden rule"
    -Bob Dylan Gonna Change My Way of Thinking

    Every thing secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity.
    Lord Acton

  6. #5
    Gold Meritorious Patron
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,670

    Default Re: Suing telemarketers, relevant?

    Quote Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
    Snippedy-snip

    Be careful with taping calls. IANAL, but I think this is a state-by-state (USA) thing.
    In some states both parties to the convo have to know about and agree to be taped or YOU (the taper) will be in serious trouble...

    Jack
    Bill collectors and sales hooples always inform you that the call is being recorded for training purposes. When the clams come-a-callin', you can have a special announcement that goes off and informs them of same. "Welcome to XYZ, Inc. Verbal Abuse Consulting, the one stop shop for something to offend everyone! (nice enthusiasm in the voice) You call may be monitored for training and other purposes ... and if you don't like it, just be like every other douchebag that doesn't like it and hang up! But wait ... I think you are an extra special idiot who needs some REAL verbal abuse ... so stay on the line, dipstick, and a verbal abuse specialist will be with you shortly!"

    Pete

  7. #6
    Gold Meritorious Patron Idle Morgue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,538
    Blog Entries
    90

    Default Re: Suing telemarketers, relevant?

    I do think that it would apply to Scientologists. I have an idea that would be more effective:

    When you answer and they say "this is Sassy with the Co$ calling", tell them that you have read all of the confidential materials on the internet and that you think the "Wall of Fire" story about Xenu, the galactical lord that threw beings into a volcano for population control and their spirits are attached to us and we have to audit them off - pretty much convinced you that Scientology is a Scam. Not to mention the L's lists are such a joke - $100,000 for that list. It is on Wikipedia! Tell her to check it out.

    Oh, and have her check out Aleistar Crowley, Thelema and O.T.O. and see if there are any similarities. LRH was a student of Aleistar Crowley. Interesting data that you need to read! The truth will set you free!!

    I bet you will be taken off the list and that may create some seeds of doubt to the caller!

  8. Likes TheRealNoUser liked this post
  9. #7
    Patron Meritorious
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    710

    Default Re: Suing telemarketers, relevant?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoNuclear View Post
    Bill collectors and sales hooples always inform you that the call is being recorded for training purposes. When the clams come-a-callin', you can have a special announcement that goes off and informs them of same. "Welcome to XYZ, Inc. Verbal Abuse Consulting, the one stop shop for something to offend everyone! (nice enthusiasm in the voice) You call may be monitored for training and other purposes ... and if you don't like it, just be like every other douchebag that doesn't like it and hang up! But wait ... I think you are an extra special idiot who needs some REAL verbal abuse ... so stay on the line, dipstick, and a verbal abuse specialist will be with you shortly!"

    Pete


    Jack
    Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

    "You remember only about the brass ring
    You forget all about the golden rule"
    -Bob Dylan Gonna Change My Way of Thinking

    Every thing secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity.
    Lord Acton

  10. Likes Idle Morgue liked this post
  11. #8
    Patron with Honors StickbyMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: Suing telemarketers, relevant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Idle Morgue View Post
    I do think that it would apply to Scientologists. I have an idea that would be more effective:

    When you answer and they say "this is Sassy with the Co$ calling", tell them that you have read all of the confidential materials on the internet and that you think the "Wall of Fire" story about Xenu, the galactical lord that threw beings into a volcano for population control and their spirits are attached to us and we have to audit them off - pretty much convinced you that Scientology is a Scam. Not to mention the L's lists are such a joke - $100,000 for that list. It is on Wikipedia! Tell her to check it out.

    Oh, and have her check out Aleistar Crowley, Thelema and O.T.O. and see if there are any similarities. LRH was a student of Aleistar Crowley. Interesting data that you need to read! The truth will set you free!!

    I bet you will be taken off the list and that may create some seeds of doubt to the caller!
    Well sure, but how do you get paid for that?

  12. #9
    Moonchild NoName's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    David Miscavige's worst nightmares
    Posts
    3,117
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Suing telemarketers, relevant?

    You don't get paid for THAT. You just get them to stop calling you and possibly pay back the Universe/Karma for people you sucked in with you.

    But you can google "Julie Christofferson Scientology" if you want to know how to make money off the Co$.

  13. Likes Idle Morgue liked this post
  14. #10
    Gold Meritorious Patron Idle Morgue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,538
    Blog Entries
    90

    Default Re: Suing telemarketers, relevant?

    Quote Originally Posted by StickbyMe View Post
    Well sure, but how do you get paid for that?
    I think the payout is an "effective blow" to the enemy by "enlightening" that being on the other end of the phone! It is making up the damage we may have caused by encouraging others to get back in or stay in because we were up-stat, honest beings that wanted to HELP! Scientology told us they were the most ETHICAL Organization on the Planet and they (Upper Management - Miss Cabbage and Lafatty Hub TURD) LIED TO US!! Who would have thought this type of evilness actually existed in our modern world??

    TELL THE CALLERS ABOUT XYou may save her life!! Hip Hip Hooray!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25th January 2014, 08:52 PM
  2. COS Italy suing Maria Pia Gardini
    By Ogsonofgroo in forum Legal and Government Actions against Scientology
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 23rd May 2012, 08:06 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd August 2010, 04:21 PM
  4. Replies: 123
    Last Post: 27th June 2010, 12:22 AM
  5. Relevant Music
    By ScudMuffin in forum Music Videos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16th February 2010, 08:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •