Page 1 of 44 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm done

Default I'm done

The forum is not closing; this thread is left for historic reasons.
    Go here: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...Administrators

--ethercat

Back to Emma's post:

I know I've said it before and I probably won't be taken seriously, but I'm done with this.

I'm done with ESMB

I'm done with having Scientology play any part in my life.

I'm done with everything to do with this game.

ESMB is paid for until October 2012 at which time it will cease to exist. If you are an historian please take what you want from the archives before October. I'm prepared to give a copy of the database to a handful of people who can do what they want with it. Those people are Mick Wenlock, Paul Adams, Ray Hill & Ethercat. Those people might be able to salvage something.

I suggest registering at "Reach for The Tipping Point" message board if you want a new board. It is very well run & I have the highest regards for Ethercat. Also I think OCMB is accepting new registrations currently. Glibby, Sponge & RIF do a great job over there and it deserves support too.

I'm sorry if this announcement upsets anyone, but I simply can't do this anymore. I started out trying to do something good and it's ended up that I have made enemies everywhere. I don't want to read anymore crap about how I'm a sellout, a liar, an OSA operative, a bitch etc. I'm over it. I need to live my own life now, free of Scientology & the effects it has on people while in and also after they leave.

I only have one piece of advice left for anyone considering leaving Scientology. Read about Hubbard & find out who he really was. Read stories from OT8s who made it to the top of the Bridge & found out there was nothing there. Educate yourself as much as you can and as quickly as you can and once you've come to an understanding of what happened to you - RUN LIKE FUCK. Get away from ANYTHING & EVERYTHING to do with Scientology including groups formed by exes.

Go back to school. Travel. Play soccer. Join Rotary. Meditate. Raise kids. Volunteer for the Red Cross. Do ANYTHING except hang around. Scientology took too much of your life already. Don't give it one more second than necessary to recover.

Over & out.
    Last edited by ethercat; 17th September 2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: adding link to ESMB Lives On

Default Re: I'm done

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I know I've said it before and I probably won't be taken seriously, but I'm done with this.

I'm done with ESMB

ESMB is paid for until October 2012 at which time it will cease to exist. If you are an historian please take what you want from the archives before October. I'm prepared to give a copy of the database to a handful of people who can do what they want with it. Those people are Mick Wenlock, Paul Adams, Ray Hill & Ethercat. Those people might be able to salvage something.

I suggest registering at "Reach for The Tipping Point" message board if you want a new board. It is very well run & I have the highest regards for Ethercat. Also I think OCMB is accepting new registrations currently. Glibby, Sponge & RIF do a great job over there and it deserves support too.

I'm sorry if this announcement upsets anyone, but I simply can't do this anymore. I started out trying to do something good and it's ended up that have made enemies everywhere. I don't want to read anymore crap about how I'm a sellout, a liar, an OSA operative, a bitch etc. I'm over it. I need to live my own life now, free of Scientology & the effects it has on people while in and also after they leave.

I only have one piece of advice left for anyone considering leaving Scientology. Read about Hubbard & find out who he really was. Read stories from OT8s who made it to the top of the Bridge & found out there was nothing there. Educate yourself as much as you can and as quickly as you can and once you've come to an understanding of what happened to you - RUN LIKE FUCK. Get away from ANYTHING & EVERYTHING to do with Scientology including groups formed by exes.

Go back to school. Travel. Play soccer. Join Rotary. Meditate. Raise kids. Volunteer for the Red Cross. Do ANYTHING except hang around. Scientology took too much of your life already. Don't give it one more second than necessary to recover.

Over & out.

That horse is DEAD! Recognized, certified, soon-to-be buried, DEAD.

Good for you, Emma.

If the board will disappear, I am done, too.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak." -- Unknown

"Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand." -- Unknown

3. Thanks Emma says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

Bon voyage and thanks for the memories!

Weird that I ended up as one of the first to respond to this, as I read so little and so seldom post here anymore... the main reason for that being some of the same things you mentioned as being behind your decision to quit this show. I first discovered OCMB about a decade ago. Before that, scientology was close the the very last thing on my mind! Then began this f*ing OBSESSION with having to get the latest news, put in my two cents, push a point, argue with someone, see if anyone I knew showed up, etc. etc.

FWTW, I for one will never consider you a sellout, liar, OSA, bitch, or any of that other stuff -- you're simply a human being who did a fine thing in making this meeting place possible for all the rest of us, and we thank you ... even when it did turn into an obsession!

I completely get it that you want to quit the whole show, and I think that's a smart decision, and good luck and best wishes to you for all the other wonderful things I know you'll do with the rest of your scientology-free life.

5. Thanks LongTimeGone, Dark Phoenix, Emma says "thank you" for this post
    Patron with Honors OldTimingMan's Avatar

The new bridge. Same as the old bridge.
    HAL: I've just picked up a fault in the AE35 unit. It's going to go 100% failure in 72 hours.

Bitter defrocked apostate Freeminds's Avatar

Thanks for everything Emma, and all the best to you and your loved ones.
    You don't have to worry about squirrels
    unless you are a nut.

8. Thanks Emma, Gadfly says "thank you" for this post
    Patron with Honors OldTimingMan's Avatar

Thanks for all your work Emma, it has helped many.
    HAL: I've just picked up a fault in the AE35 unit. It's going to go 100% failure in 72 hours.

10. Thanks Emma, Gadfly says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Kerry, Dark Phoenix, Free Will, Magoo, JustMe and 3 others liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Unhappy Re: I'm done

Shit.

Pete

12. Likes Emma, Hatshepsut, DoneDeal, Magoo, wazn and 1 others liked this post
    On a small mountain surrounded by many acres of forest.

Hi Emma,

Good for you on letting it all go!

I have tried to explain in some of my posts in the past that each of us are defined by what and where we place our focus and attention. Especially where we put that attention and focus most often, routinely and/or chronically. Part of the the therapy of getting over Scientology is arriving at a point where one has "no reaction", neither for or against the whole thing. As if it NEVER EXISTED. As if it doesn't exist. One has truly "let go" of it ALL!

That is from a "personal viewpoint". On a personal level I have found that THIS attitude is the best, to treat Scientology and all related to it, as the insignificant stuff that it is, "as a tiny ant on the butt of a pink elephant in a small crater on the dark side of the moon". Meaningless tripe.

Good for you Emma.

Granted, I would like to see someone take ESMB over, and continue it, or at least provide it in full existing form so that all threads and past posts can be found and read. Even if the forum itself is closed and no longer available for active posting and participation. The reason is that there is a WEALTH of material here to help any person understand the scam of Scientology, and to help any person unravel from the mindfuck of Scientology.

A great many intelligent and caring people, over many years, have created an amazing RESOURCE here in ESMB. It should be perpetuated.

I would prefer that THAT at least remain - the usefulness of the information here to help others "arrive past and through Scientology".
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"They must know how to kindle and fan an extravagant hope". - Eric Hoffer about the "true believer". "Total Freedom", "your eternity", and "OT" involve a few of the extravagant hopes in Scientology.

Go HERE to view and/or download the essay, "The Three Basic Scientology Beliefs".

No way, if this board hadn't existed I would be still be totally confused, I've learned so much from being on here. I feel that I have grown in many ways into the person I was before I swallowed the toxic soup.

You've done an amazing job and I will be forever grateful. Fuck's sake Emma, ''all I've done is make enemies!'' No way, you've done what you set out to do. Don't listen to a few wingeing ones.

You deserve a rest and to get away from mud slingers and name callers that have wound you up from time to time. You even deserve to have a life.

Thanks for all you've done, love you shit loads.
    La la
    Everywhere in the modern world there is neglect, the need to be recognized, which is not satisfied. Art is a way of recognizing oneself, which is why it will always be modern. (Louise Bourgeois)

15. Thanks Dark Phoenix, Emma, Tiger Lily, Gadfly says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

Hi Emma,

I don't think that you are any of those things at all, on the contrary, I always had respect for you despite our difference in opinions on certain subjects, for the most part I see you as a brave soul who has contributed a lot to others and has put a lot of your energies to help despite the attacks.

I hope that ESMB continues to be there because a lot of true history has been written here and it has the best comments.

When one is in the game of fighting for justice and what one believes in one does enemies, it is part of the game, so what??!!! Who cares? Really, don't let that take you Emma, you are in the condition of Power as far as I am concerned.

I sincerely wish you the best and have a lot of fun with your husband and famiy. If you ever come to LA I will throw a huge party in your honor.

Thanks for everything and don't change...

Aida

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post

I'm done with ESMB

I'm sorry if this announcement upsets anyone, but I simply can't do this anymore. I started out trying to do something good and it's ended up that I have made enemies everywhere. I don't want to read anymore crap about how I'm a sellout, a liar, an OSA operative, a bitch etc. I'm over it. I need to live my own life now, free of Scientology & the effects it has on people while in and also after they leave.

Over & out.

17. Thanks Emma says "thank you" for this post
Page 1 of 44 1234567891011 ... LastLast