Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm done

Silver Meritorious Patron

Default Re: I'm done

Emma,

You done good! And, yes, it is time to let it all go -- you've been on the front lines too damn long.

Thanks for everything you've done and put up with.

Bill

2. Thanks Emma says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron GreyLensman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I only have one piece of advice left for anyone considering leaving Scientology. Read about Hubbard & find out who he really was. Read stories from OT8s who made it to the top of the Bridge & found out there was nothing there. Educate yourself as much as you can and as quickly as you can and once you've come to an understanding of what happened to you - RUN LIKE FUCK. Get away from ANYTHING & EVERYTHING to do with Scientology including groups formed by exes.

Go back to school. Travel. Play soccer. Join Rotary. Meditate. Raise kids. Volunteer for the Red Cross. Do ANYTHING except hang around. Scientology took too much of your life already. Don't give it one more second than necessary to recover.

Over & out.
    Great advice. Have a great life, Michelle. Best, Spence.
    Please call me by my true names
    so I can hear all my cries and laughs at once...
    --
    Thich Nhat Hanh

4. Thanks Emma says "thank you" for this post

Hi Emma!,

I fully understand where you're coming from. You created a not only a safe haven for Ex's and a refuge for those looking for the answers to what $cientology and Hubbard really are (A vile monstrosity), you did it with grace, style and patience.

You have my utmost respect and thank you for ALL of your determination and dedication. Enjoy your life to the fullest and may smiles and laughter be all around you with happiness for all your days. I'll never forget you, F.B.
    War is Peace - Freedom is Slavery - Ignorance is Strength. George Orwell
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire
    It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so. Robert A. Heinlein.

6. Thanks Emma says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Magoo, Ogsonofgroo liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    It occurs to me that there are two distinct actions here. One is to preserve the posts we already have. That would mean ESMB as an archive continuing to be at its current URL, except that the message board would be completely closed to further posts. A static web site is a hell of a lot easier to take care of than a busy message board!

All that would need to be done would be the hosting paid for and the occasional technical debug done if something happens with the hosting company. But as long as the database is in good hands (and it should be in MANY hands!), then that shouldn't be too hard. I'm guessing the hosting could be done more cheaply too, since the daily traffic will change.

-----

Another part of it is what Veda mentioned above, an archive of information separate to the message board.

-----

Then there is the question of a future message board, which is really a separate matter entirely.

Paul
    I believe a potential problem is that the server is a private one, possibly even in Emma's house. IIRC.

I keep trying to start a post about all the good things about ESMB, but I think I'll be writing all day. Emma, I understand how horrible it would be to be attacked, and the need to stop that happening by removing yourself.

FWIW to those who talk about the "obsession" involved in ESMB....yes ok, it can be obsessive, but it is also a social network community (or whatever the correct jargon is). It is a computer-age community where people socialize, in a way. The focus may be Scientology - but the "obession" for many is not really obsession but just the usual satisfaction in socializing...and some esmber's are the best people you could choose to socialize with...it's not easy to get together with so many great people on a daily basis offline.

But that's just one area of the many other areas of ESMBer value,....the other areas, such as direct advice in dealing with cult abuse, real help and support, and all the mindfuck unravelling is obviously what it's all about for many and as I understand it, the real purpose of the board. The community feel (for those that feel it) does help a lot though, as an environment in which to get help or support.
    I'm staring to babble on, so will stop there.

Good luck Emma, I cant' say how much I have gotten personally from ESMB without writing for a really really long time!

9. Thanks solo, Emma, Stat, SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post

-snip-

Go back to school. Travel. Play soccer. Join Rotary. Meditate. Raise kids. Volunteer for the Red Cross. Do ANYTHING except hang around. Scientology took too much of your life already. Don't give it one more second than necessary to recover.

Over & out.
    I quit Scientology thirty years ago and, even when a Scientologist, was a public person auditor who made only occasional forays (that may not be the best word for it ) into Scientology Orgs. Since thirty years ago, I've worked on a number of Scientology related projects, off and on, but most of the time was spent not thinking about Scientology at all. In fact, I've gone years without giving Scientology a thought. To me, ESMB was a special development - an evolutionary step made possible by Emma, and by the Internet, so, compared to the pre-Internet grind of using typewriters and then primitive word processors, with no Internet to draw upon, posting on ESMB is a breeze.

It's a refreshing breeze, and I hope - even if I'm not around - that it continues in some form - with that enlivening mix of views I mentioned earlier - for a long time.
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

11. Thanks Emma, scooter, Infinite says "thank you" for this post

I am also hopeful that ESMB endures into 2013 and beyond. Its disappearance from the web would be a strike against freedom and would be taken as a victory by OSA and the Malicious Dwarf.

I have never been a Scientologist nor known one personally, but I know tyranny when I see it, and this organization has reeked of it since 1953.

My blood has boiled with anger over its foul attempts to silence its critics, from Paulette Cooper in the early 70’s to the recent fraudulent stalking charge against Brian Mandigo.

As a U.S. taxpayer, I am sickened that this criminal racket has enjoyed full tax exemption for two decades and the financial benefits of a non-profit for many decades before that.

And I have been saddened by the countless lives it has destroyed, particularly the poor souls such as Maureen Bolstad, who are thrown into this cesspool as children.

However, despite its unfortunate six-decade run of tyranny, I believe Scientology will eventually die, and ESMB is one of the clarion Bells of freedom ringing to both those who have escaped and those still trapped in this dark evil.

Thank you for providing this Bell, Emma. May it continue to ring loud and ring clear.

13. Thanks vumba, dchoiceisalwaysrs, Emma, Stat says "thank you" for this post

Oh, and Emma, you are loved very much by many good people. Don't let a few bad eggs get you down.

Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

15. Thanks Emma says "thank you" for this post

I know I've said it before and I probably won't be taken seriously, but I'm done with this.

I'm done with ESMB

I'm done with having Scientology play any part in my life.

I'm done with everything to do with this game.

ESMB is paid for until October 2012 at which time it will cease to exist. If you are an historian please take what you want from the archives before October. I'm prepared to give a copy of the database to a handful of people who can do what they want with it. Those people are Mick Wenlock, Paul Adams, Ray Hill & Ethercat. Those people might be able to salvage something.

I suggest registering at "Reach for The Tipping Point" message board if you want a new board. It is very well run & I have the highest regards for Ethercat. Also I think OCMB is accepting new registrations currently. Glibby, Sponge & RIF do a great job over there and it deserves support too.

I'm sorry if this announcement upsets anyone, but I simply can't do this anymore. I started out trying to do something good and it's ended up that I have made enemies everywhere. I don't want to read anymore crap about how I'm a sellout, a liar, an OSA operative, a bitch etc. I'm over it. I need to live my own life now, free of Scientology & the effects it has on people while in and also after they leave.

I only have one piece of advice left for anyone considering leaving Scientology. Read about Hubbard & find out who he really was. Read stories from OT8s who made it to the top of the Bridge & found out there was nothing there. Educate yourself as much as you can and as quickly as you can and once you've come to an understanding of what happened to you - RUN LIKE FUCK. Get away from ANYTHING & EVERYTHING to do with Scientology including groups formed by exes.

Over & out.
    Totally understand and agree with you.
    Scientology's become a non-entity.
    Not worth our attention.
    Although I've not been on the board that long, it's been fun.
    Thanks.

17. Likes Tiger Lily liked this post
    Patron with Honors TheRealNoUser's Avatar

Aside from my compassion for Emma as previously stated ...
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...l=1#post679361

It makes me feel absolutely ill to think that Miscavige and the CoS will treat this as a "win".

... this cannot happen.

TRNU.

19. Thanks Stat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes guanoloco, Stat liked this post
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast