Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm done

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Default Re: I'm done

It occurs to me that there are two distinct actions here. One is to preserve the posts we already have. That would mean ESMB as an archive continuing to be at its current URL, except that the message board would be completely closed to further posts. A static web site is a hell of a lot easier to take care of than a busy message board!

All that would need to be done would be the hosting paid for and the occasional technical debug done if something happens with the hosting company. But as long as the database is in good hands (and it should be in MANY hands!), then that shouldn't be too hard. I'm guessing the hosting could be done more cheaply too, since the daily traffic will change.

-----

Another part of it is what Veda mentioned above, an archive of information separate to the message board.

-----

Then there is the question of a future message board, which is really a separate matter entirely.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

2. Thanks SweetnessandLight, Stat says "thank you" for this post

Thank you for all the sacrifices you made to start and run this board over the years. There's no doubt that ESMB has helped a lot of people. It's been a lifeline truly. The ratio of Emma fans to asswipes is probably 100 to 1, if not much more. So to hell with 'em!

Internet forums tend to be very cruel, unruly places. Overall I've been amazed at how many on this forum actually do get along and like each other. I know it doesn't seem that way at times, but compared to other forums I've experienced, this one is pretty damn good.

But I totally understand your need to move on. That's just life. Nothing lasts forever. There is a time and a season for everything. I trust that you know within that it's time for this phase of your life to end, and for another to begin.

Thanks again Emma!! You're one cool, special Lady!!

Lone Star

P.S. Oh yeah...I have always loved your avatar! To me it always seemed to say, "Go ahead you OSA punks.....Make my fuckin day!!!"
    Last edited by Lone Star; 13th April 2012 at 12:47 AM.

4. Thanks Emma says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Overall I've been amazed at how many on this forum actually do get along and like each other. I know it doesn't seem that way at times, but compared to other forums I've experienced, this one is pretty damn good.
    Oh yes.

Try the Clothing, Shoes and Accessories board on eBay. Talk about Meangirls. Holy shit.
    "We're so sad we're getting old it made us restless. I'm so mad I'm getting old it makes me reckless."
    Adele - When We Were Young

6. Likes Dilettante, SweetnessandLight liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by StickbyMe View Post
    Thank you, Emma. I've spent half a decade trying to pretend that Scientology never happened to me. The last two months since I joined the forum have been therapeutic as hell.

You guys are the loveliest bunch of SPs and PTSs and DBs that I ever met. I'll probably see y'all over on OCMB at some point.
    Not likely. OCMB is a very different place, and if one has the misfortune of using the wrong pass word when logging in, it's likely one will be permanently locked out, with efforts to correct the problem being futile.

In any event, OCMB is not ESMB, and never will be.
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

8. Likes Hatshepsut, Free to shine liked this post

www.divided-by-zero.com

Nothing will ever be ESMB.

10. Thanks I told you I was trouble says "thank you" for this post
    Patron with Honors TheRealNoUser's Avatar

This forum saves lives. period.

I sincerely hope that it continues to be run by another kind soul, as it was by Emma.

.... and Emma, you above all others have truly earned your freedom.

I wish you love and happiness for your future.

Best,

TRNU.

12. Thanks guanoloco, Emma, Stat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Kerry, guanoloco, Anonycat, Stat, Magoo and 2 others liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    Not likely. OCMB is a very different place, and if one has the misfortune of using the wrong pass word when logging in, it's likely one will be permanently locked out, with efforts to correct the problem being futile.

In any event, OCMB is not ESMB, and never will be.
    thanks -- that must be what happened to my account, I could never figure it out, but haven't been able to get logged on for a loooooong time! gave up on it. thanks for the clarification. back on topic....

Thanks again, Emma, and a thousand curses upon those who ever thought you were an "enemy." go and enjoy your life!

14. Thanks Emma says "thank you" for this post

Emma,
    You have done a great service running EXSCN and if it is time for you to move on, then I wish you luck in any adventure you decide to embark on.
    Just wanted to thank you for the time, effort, sweat, tears, and other bodily fluids you may have spilt by providing this site.
    Thanks,
    shadow

16. Thanks Anonycat, Emma says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Magoo, Sharone Stainforth liked this post
    Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

I haz a sad too. ESMB really did help save my sanity and there is nowhere else like it. I've lived a lot of the ups and downs with you here and in the earlier days some of that was frickin unreal. Yet a balance was found where it was safe for newbies and old timers as well.

Having read some of the unbelievable shit that has been written about you, it is enough to turn any stomach. You don't deserve that and IMO the few involved are projecting ... but the point to remember is that the number who attack and try to degrade are actually quite few. There may be some who join in "all in good fun" but again, they are perhaps reliving some part of their own scientology past when someone who was deemed unacceptable was dogpiled with glee.

In no way does it reflect the true effect you have had on many thousands of lives. That takes a courage and persistence that leaves me without words. And it is those thousands who are more important than the few who attack, and what you are reading in this thread is what you need to take into your heart and hold there.

I totally understand how you feel and thanks for continuing on well beyond any kind of comfort point (ummm 2007?). You do deserve some peace and sanity and it is your right to claim it. I'll do whatever I can to help preserve the data in some form, though I hope there is some way to continue this unique place on the net. There are still so many to come ...

My Story - Becoming Free to Shine
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

18. Thanks Kerry, solo, Emma, Sharone Stainforth says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

There are NO words that can explain what this board has meant to me. I have laughed, cried, thought, been angry beyond belief, laughed, cried and thought some more. I have received some of the loveliest of messages and some of the weirdest, some really cranky and some beautiful.

I have met some fantastic people I would never have met otherwise, I've also met some cranks.But overall it's been an experience I wouldn't have missed for the world.

Thank you, Emma.

I don't blame you one bit, I have had more than enough of Scientology for one life time.As I write I am listening again to LRH and his take over of Clearwater.

When I came on this board, my biggest fear, was fear. It was the most profound FEAR you can imagine, and it was something that Scientology drove into my very core as a young child. It's a hard thing to overcome, but through this board I have overcome that deep seated fear that has penetrated most of my life, the fear of Scientology.

I have just put Scientology in room 101 and that's where it belongs.

Hip, Hip! Hip,Hip! Hooray!
    "he also introduced all of us and indeed he thrust us into his practises of cruelty, inhumanity, abuse and punishment, all of which he systematically reframed as positive and as requirements for enlightenment." - Hana Eltringham/Whifield speaking in Hamburg on the 28th of March 2010.

http://www.lermanet.com/

http:/
    /www.scientologydisconnection.com/

http://www.exscientologykids.com

20. Thanks Anonycat, Emma, Jump, Stat, Tiger Lily and 2 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Dark Phoenix, Purple Rain, solo, scooter, Stat and 5 others liked this post
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast