Thread: How to get a copy of all ESMB's postings?

Silver Meritorious Patron Boojuum's Avatar

Default How to get a copy of all ESMB's postings?

I just read that the ESMB will no longer be after October. There's a great deal of priceless information here. I'm wondering how to continue to get access to it. I mean can I download all of it? purchase a DVD of it?

2. Thanks LA SCN says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Idle Morgue's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to get a copy of all ESMB's postings?

I know nothing about computers or managing websites but there has to be someone here that would be willing to take the baton?

I was wondering if anyone would take over this board?? PLEASE ... the Culties need some help to get out and the clock is ticking TICK TOCK TICK TOCK, IDLE MORGUES, BIG BILLS for the Co$, DM on a rampage and it will only get worse. This is the safety net for the CULTIES to get out!

BEGGING ON MY KNEES FOR SOMEONE TO TAKE IT OVER.

4. Likes Freeminds liked this post
    Patron Meritorious

Pretty sure VBulletin has a setting for archive mode but chances are you'd still have to buy a license to host it.

Other options would be to grep it yourself

http://www.httrack.com/

That's open source and chances are once you downloaded all the content you'd most likely have to do some replacing of the url pointers. It would be really sloppy. I've never tried to do it to a forum before but if you have the time and patience to trouble shoot it, it is possible to "hard" archive this forum.

I've wondered if anybody has figured out how to capture all the posts of a specific poster? For example, if you wanted all the posts of "Alan Walter," is there a way to list them out in entirety (view whole posts on a single page one after the next) so you could "cut and paste" them into a Word document and save them for your perusal later?

I know when I look at any particular thread, my browser shows the entirety of 40 posts per page. Very easy to see a big chunk of the thread all at once.

But in searching for a single individual's postings, the search function only shows titles and a small amount of the beginning of the post, forcing you to click to a new page to see the person's entire post.

This makes it impractical and time consuming to aggregate and save a single individual's historical record of posts.

There's a number of posters I've followed over the years (like we all have) and would like to cherry pick some of their posts as "keepers." Lord knows, members have spent hundreds of hours chronicling their experiences and ideas. It would be a crime to lose access to this valuable historical record which is ESMB.

ESMB is hands down the best source of information on the Internet (and I've been to all of them in the last eight years) for people decompressing, working things out for themselves, being curiosity seekers, or just wanting to be entertained.

Has anyone figured out how to do what I haven't been able to do?

ILove2Lurk

On a small mountain surrounded by many acres of forest.

Quote Originally Posted by ILove2Lurk View Post
    I've wondered if anybody has figured out how to capture all the posts of a specific poster? For example, if you wanted all the posts of "Alan Walter," is there a way to list them out in entirety (view whole posts on a single page one after the next) so you could "cut and paste" them into a Word document and save them for your perusal later?

I know when I look at any particular thread, my browser shows the entirety of 40 posts per page. Very easy to see a big chunk of the thread all at once.

But in searching for a single individual's postings, the search function only shows titles and a small amount of the beginning of the post, forcing you to click to a new page to see the person's entire post.

This makes it impractical and time consuming to aggregate and save a single individual's historical record of posts.

There's a number of posters I've followed over the years (like we all have) and would like to cherry pick some of their posts as "keepers." Lord knows, members have spent hundreds of hours chronicling their experiences and ideas. It would be a crime to lose access to this valuable historical record which is ESMB.

ESMB is hands down the best source of information on the Internet (and I've been to all of them in the last eight years) for people decompressing, working things out for themselves, being curiosity seekers, or just wanting to be entertained.

Has anyone figured out how to do what I haven't been able to do?

ILove2Lurk
    I would also love to know if the same thing is possible. Is it possible (any of you Tech Super Brains)? To use this platform (vBulletin) in a way to spit out all of one single ESMB member's full posting history?
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"They must know how to kindle and fan an extravagant hope". - Eric Hoffer about the "true believer". "Total Freedom", "your eternity", and "OT" involve a few of the extravagant hopes in Scientology.

Go HERE to view and/or download the essay, "The Three Basic Scientology Beliefs".

8. Thanks ILove2Lurk says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes, me too.
    Standard tech is a subset of LRH tech. LRH tech is a subset of freezone tech. Freezone tech is a subset of all possible tech. - Pilot

I think that the future lies in understanding and developing the capabilities of the mind and spirit. I might sometimes loosely call this Scientology, but I don't mean the CofS. I mean anything which works in this direction, which would even include you if you ever achieve real wisdom. - Pilot