Thread: Jason Beghe: Friends and Neighbors

Default Jason Beghe: Friends and Neighbors

On YouTube: Jason Beghe: Friends and Neighbors

Jason Beghe shares thoughts about acting, about people, about his parents, and also about Scientology at 21:28-26:44.

2. Thanks MostlyLurker, FoTi, Liber8u says "thank you" for this post
    Banned

Default Re: Jason Beghe: Friends and Neighbors

Gotta love Jase!! Interesting to hear a little about his background. I had previously pegged him as more of a Brooklyn lad than a Manhattan munchkin; live and learn. I know his famous statement
    is: ". . . show me the motherfucking Clear . . . " which is just delicious, but my personal favourite
    is: " . . . if Scientology is real, then something is fucked up . . . ". The man's a star. While the WBM interview is always worth the time, here's an edited highlights package from TeoS:

Jason has an equally talented sister we don't hear much about. Thank God, she never got involved in Scientology.

5. Thanks FoTi says "thank you" for this post
    Likes FoTi liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Jason has an equally talented sister we don't hear much about. Thank God, she never got involved in Scientology.

Who is Howard?
    MY STORY FROM INSIDE SCIENTOLOGY: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...-Ups-and-Downs

"Scientology is essentially a spy and mind-control network set up to extract the most money it can from itís members as well as to enforce the maximum amount of production out of each individual, at minimal or no cost to the organization. Itís as simple as that." - John Peeler

"This video has been removed by the user"
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

The 32 minute, 17 second video Jason Beghe: Friends and Neighbors has been removed from the SchwabelStudio YouTube channel. A condensed 8 minute, 16 second version is still available on Vimeo: Jason Beghe: Friends and Neighbors.

Here is a transcript of the segment about Scientology (21:28-26:44) that appeared in the deleted YouTube video:

Jason Beghe: Well, I always have been very spiritually motivated. You know, that's probably the core interest in my life.

I was in this acting class, and my teacher was a Scientologist. And through a series of circumstances, I just said, "Hmm ..." I kind of realized that I didn't trust him, which I thought was a liability in some ways and ... And then I looked at that and I realized I didn't trust anybody, including myself, and it was like this kind of ruinous moment. And so, for whatever reason, the way that I decided to handle that at that moment was: "Let me find out what Scientology is." Something I would have never done.

I'm no longer a Scientologist, but I still have many experiences with them.

Interviewer: How so?

Jason Beghe: Well, I became, by accident, one of the most outspoken critics of Scientology.

So I'd never ... I'm not an Internet guy. I had to hardly even send an email at that point. But I had heard about this thing called Wikipedia. And I go, just as a fucking vain actor type: "What if I'm on this fucking thing?" Because everything's on this shit, right?

So I go: Jason Beghe. Sure enough, I'm on the fucking thing. It says, you know: "American actor, born in [inaudible], friend of John Kennedy," or something, and then it says: "public supporter of Scientology," was the last sentence. And, I tell you, I felt nauseated, because the reason I left was because I couldn't associate myself with good conscience with this group. And I said that to them, with love and respect.

I did know that I had a responsibility. I didn't know how to fulfill it. I did feel, and I said to them, that they needed reformation of some kind. You know. And they ... they ... It was very hard for them to look at that. They thought that it was a perfect system that reformed itself, and I disagreed.

And I had heard, I think on a TV show, there was, like, a controversy, because people can change things on Wikipedia. I figured: "Okay."

I had come across one guy who was a very outspoken critic. He had started a famous website called Operation Clambake, which is www.xenu.net, and he lives in Norway. And it was late at night. He's the only guy I could think of that I knew that was a computer dude, and I said: "Can you change this thing? Here's my password. I don't know how to do this fucking computer shit." And he's a ... he's a ... He explains to me that you have to have something to kind of verify it. And he says: "Why don't you just write a fucking, you know, tell your story and I'll post it on my blog, and that'll handle it. I said: "Don't they have, like, videos and shit on ... on the, you know, on the Internet?" And he's, like: "Yeah."

I said: "Well, can we do that?" And he's, like: "Okay, yeah, that's a great idea!" And he happens to be coming to LA next week and he gets this guy to come to my house, who's a video guy or something. They show up, I introduce myself, give them some food, and we sit down. They ask me some questions, not dissimilar to this, and it becomes this video ... It was, like, had 750,000 hits in two days, before it mysteriously disappeared. It was, like, on the Yahoo home page. It was international fucking news. Matt Lauer had called: "Can you come and do ..." I'm, like: "No, no, no." Because I didn't want it to be about me. But I became, by accident, this guy.

And then, you know, I start getting ... I mean, to this day, every week, I get three or four emails from people, you know, thanking me for saving their life and their child who was ... they thought they'd never see again.

And so, you know, it's just a thing that I do because I feel it's useful.

I don't care what somebody's religion is. I really don't. I don't care what anybody believes. I just don't like other people getting hurt. I don't like people hurting somebody. And, you know, from what I understand, Scientology is doing some ... some ... too much hurting. And so that's all that I have a problem with.

While I was a member, I was one of their dearest ... dearest, dearest people. But now they despise me. All my friends refuse ... all, you know, who had been in Scientology, you know, they would never talk to me.

Like, I looked at this and I go: "How the fuck did I ever get in a cult?" I don't strike me as the kind of motherfucker who would fall into a cult, you know. And I ... And it really was bewildering. And then I look at that and I say: "God Almighty!" You know, particularly this country, you'd be hard pressed to find somebody who wasn't in a cult. This whole fucking country's a cult, you know. You know, believing things with no evidence. You know. And, you know, because it makes you feel good.

10. Thanks JBWriter, Infinite says "thank you" for this post