Thread: CBC Radio, Day 6....Kate Bornstein interview

Patron Meritorious

Default CBC Radio, Day 6....Kate Bornstein interview

For those of you that may be interested there was an interview with the now Kate Bornstein a first mate on the Appolo, today. She worked under Hubbard. Now he is a transexual (a woman). She/he gives a 10 minute interview about her involvment with Scientology and Hubbard. It is on the radio program Day six on CBC radio. If I knew how I would post it here but I dont.

2. Thanks Ogsonofgroo says "thank you" for this post
    On a small mountain surrounded by many acres of forest.

Default Re: CBC Radio, Day 6....Kate Bornstein interview

Thanks for posting that. Here's the link:

http://www.cbc.ca/day6/blog/2012/06/...easant-danger/

To listen you need to have Adobe Flash installed.

GREAT INTERVIEW! Kate says this after explaining how shattered she had been when thrown out of Scientology and forcefully disconnected from all her many friends and family:

"I quickly found out however that I enjoyed the company of non-Scientologists more than I enjoyed the company of Scientologists. Not to say that Scientologists are bad people, but to say they are DRIVEN".

"And, their priorities don't include YOU unless you are also saving the planet"!

It is funny, because after I routed out of the Sea Org in 1985, even though I occassionally was onlines at Flag for services, I happily lived a VERY non-Scientology life, with my own business, a home, with non-Scientology girlfriends and so forth. I NEVER liked the extreme dedication, "purpose", Tone 40 intention, and "gung-ho enthusiam" that Kate describes as being "driven". There was always way too much of that for me!

By the way, Kate is just so GENUINE of a person. THAT emanates form all she says and how she says it. That Scientology calls Kate "suppressive" says more about the idiocy of Scientology than it says anything at all about Kate. And, to me, Scientology, Hubbard and many Scientologists are just so disgustingly DISINGENUOUS.

Listen to the clip - it's only about 10 minutes long.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"They must know how to kindle and fan an extravagant hope". - Eric Hoffer about the "true believer". "Total Freedom", "your eternity", and "OT" involve a few of the extravagant hopes in Scientology.

Go HERE to view and/or download the essay, "The Three Basic Scientology Beliefs".

4. Thanks Ogsonofgroo says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Ogsonofgroo liked this post

Smile Re: CBC Radio, Day 6....Kate Bornstein interview

Thank you for sharing that! God bless Kate Bornstein, and long may she wave!
    Yes, you can fly, but first you have to break out of that cocoon. You are capable of self rescue at all times. "Every blade of grass has its own special angel watching over it and whispering, 'grow...grow'." -The Talmud "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition, and not upon our circumstances." -Martha Washington

6. Likes Ogsonofgroo liked this post

I just happened to be wanderin' by the radio when the interview came on, what a wonderful person, so glad I caught it!
    Congratulations Kate on the book, I look forward to getting a copy and having a good read
    'Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.'
    Marcus Aurelius

THE BIG LIST of EX'S who have Spoken Out fx'd

On a small mountain surrounded by many acres of forest.

The interviewer asked Kate whether Hubbard knew about the transsexual thing. Kate answered that YES, Hubbard knew, but HE DIDN'T CARE BECAUSE BORNSTEIN WAS MAKING SO MUCH MONEY FOR HIM! As I recall, Bornstein was a "remote touring reg" (for Flag?) back in the mid-1970s.

This grazes on a point that is relevant. Hubbard and Scientology really don't care what you do or what you think, as long as you support the group. There is some LRH policy where he states, in no uncertain terms, and I paraphrase, "if you are with us we will forgive everything, but if you are against us, we will use everything we know (and can make up) to make your life a living hell".

The basic idea here is that the ONLY thing that matters, and the only thing that ever mattered to Hubbard, is whether or not you SUPPORTED THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY. THAT basic component is deeply interwoven in the subject materials of Scientology. For example, the Scientology Ethics & Justice Codes are filled with the idea that the MOST SERIOUS CRIMES are to hurt or hinder Scientology in ANY way. Many examples can be provided to show that.

In fact, you could go back to your Sea Org dorm room at night, masturbate wildly to pictures of Jabba The Hut, twice a day, tell all about it in your auditing and Sec Checks, BUT if you were a "dedicated staff member" who "helped Scientology" to any appreciable degree, NOBODY WOULD CARE or concern themselves with it much. The excuse or explanation might be, "oh, well Ron says the second dynamic is the most aberrated".

But, if you stopped supporting the sham of Scientology, then they would use this "data" about masturbation to find you guilty of the High Crime:

Sexual or sexually perverted conduct contrary to the well-being or good state of mind of a Scientologist in good standing or under the charge of Scientology, such as a student or preclear.

Scientology management and Scientologists will "make sense of anything", and justify just about anything if the person "supports LRH and Scientology".

Scientology ethics and justice IS "ethical relativism", but not because what is good and bad changes as "the greatest good" changes, BUT because it is ALWAYS relative to one thing - HELPING THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY ORGANIZATION.

I mentioned on another thread recently how in Scientology nobody really cares what you "really think". Over my years in the Church of Scientology, I expressed critical ideas, explained myself, admitted to practicing other practices, and while I may have received the "token handling" or "slap on the wrists", for the most part IT WAS ALL IGNORED because I was "supporting the Scientology group".

The only time what you do or think might matter is if the actions might lead to TROUBLE for the Church of Scientology. For example, they would not care that Slatkin was running a pyramid scam, as long as the C of S was getting LOTS of money. But, if and when he might get into severe legal trouble, THEN and ONLY THEN would the Church wax indignant about "we do not support criminal activities" and blah-blah-blah.

In truth the Church of Scientology forgives you of any and all sins, but ONLY AS LONG AS YOU SUPPORT THEM. Really, what they do has nothing to do with genuine "forgiveness", and it has to do with "ignoring crimes and nasty behaviors" as long as you are giving them time, energy or money.

The entire value system of Scientology is based on whether or not you SUPPORT SCIENTOLOGY. That is the long and the short of it.

My Church Right or Wrong!

And, on that topic, from responsiblefaith.com:

In paraphrasing the patriotic slogan, “My country right or wrong” and substituting church for country, I think it portrays what many of us learned in from our Catholic culture, and followed for years. It’s another way of saying, “you gotta go along with the church, even if you don’t agree with it, if you want to be a loyal citizen.” It also reminds me of G.K. Chesterton response to the quote, “…it’s like saying my mother drunk or sober.” I think what Chesterton meant was, that however much we love our country or church, it’s necessary to temper that love and loyalty with a good dose of reality. I believe many of us have struggled with that dose of reality. Some conscience say, you need to take a stand, but for others, after years of submitting to authority say I have hope that the authorities will shape up and get it right; in the meantime, I’ll wait and see. Others answer, not in my time, I’m out of here!

This well applies to Scientology. In organized controlled Scientology, one is forbidden from ever even contacting a "good dose of reality".

The smart folks involved with Scientology LEAVE. The not-so-bright folks, like Marty and assorted imbeciles, continue with the delusion that management "will shape up and get it right". Of course, THAT is impossible. They can't EVER "fly right" as long as they accept and follow Hubbard's many absurd ideas.

The problem is not in how some organization applies the dogma. The problem is right there in the dogma itself.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"They must know how to kindle and fan an extravagant hope". - Eric Hoffer about the "true believer". "Total Freedom", "your eternity", and "OT" involve a few of the extravagant hopes in Scientology.

Go HERE to view and/or download the essay, "The Three Basic Scientology Beliefs".

9. Likes apple liked this post