Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Martyworld Tech

Default Re: Martyworld Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Jquepublic View Post
    I know. I've done my research on Rathbun and Rinder. I know who they are, and I know that black PR was perfected when it was in their hands.
    I really don’t think it was. It isn’t perfect, and they did not perfect it. It is inherently flawed; but it’s what command intention gives them. They used it, as imperfect and evil as it was. As Arnie Lerma would say, if Scientology’s black PR tech was perfect, we wouldn’t be here.

It’s amusing to me to see them turning that skill back on Miscavige and the Church. I should probably feel ashamed to admit that, but I don't.
    And when they turn their black PR skill or tech on their wog victims? Some people probably find that amusing. Doubtlessly Miscavige does. And the Independent Scientologists don’t stand up for Marty’s victims when he or their fellow Scientologists black PR them.

I don’t see how their being experts at black PR is evidence that Rathbun is black PRing/attacking/fair gaming critics or mobilizing a force to do so.
    I’m not a critic, and Gerry isn’t a critic. Obviously some people in the critics group even attack Rathbun’s victims. I think mobilizing a force to black PR critics is your idea, not mine.

I also did not claim that Rathbun and Rinder’s long history of black PRing the Scientologists’ victims; or R & R’s training in black PR; or even that Hubbard’s (to say nothing of Miscavige’s) command intention for Scientologists is to black PR these same victims, is evidence that anyone is black PRing/attacking/fair gaming critics or mobilizing a force to do so. These facts are evidence of the continuingness of the black PR, fair game, torts and crimes, but the evidence of present black PR, etc. is something else.

There is evidence that the Independent Scientologists, in which Rathbun is indisputably a leader, are black PRing his victims. So is he, of course. Since he is a leader, and since command intention is Scientology tech, it is his command intention that the troops (that is, his troops, not someone else’s) also black PR the same victims in the same way.

See for example, Gerry’s response to a black PR salvo from Marty’s Scientologists and Marty: http://www.gerryarmstrong.ca/archives/5. Also see Gerry’s July 12, 2009 response to Rathbun (then calling himself “Sitting Bull”) regarding Rathbun’s “Scientology spectrum.” http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/archives/3312.

Obviously Gerry occupies and represents what Rathbun calls “The extreme, rebellious far left of the Scientology spectrum.” Rathbun says this group is occupied “those who would not be satisfied until every last word of Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard was forever destroyed,” but that is just black PR.

There is no such group as “the extreme, rebellious far left of the Scientology spectrum” that “is occupied by those who would not be satisfied until every last word of Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard was forever destroyed.” There is no such “Scientology spectrum.” No Scientologist I have seen has challenged Rathbun on his spectrum or the people he’s populated with it. This is evidence of a command intention at cause.

Critically, Rathbun has in mind real human beings with real names whom he postulates onto one of the ends of his extremity of his invention; and those human beings are the Suppressive Person class, the people who tell the truth about Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard. These are the people whose evil Rathbun essentially equates with Miscavige’s evil. That’s black PR.

The people who tell the truth about Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard are the people Rathubn and his troops call the “haters.” That’s black PR.

And after Rathbun and his troops get rid of Miscavige (off his point of power to a palace in Malta?) do the troops mop up the other end of their spectrum, the SPs who tell the truth about Scientology and Hubbard?

Rathbun and Rinder excuse the evil they did by saying it was to defend Scientology and the founder, or achieve their acceptance. R & R have never stated that they would not do the same or worse for these purposes. They have never stated that Scientology is not worth doing evil for.

What they claim is that they discovered that what they were defending, and fighting for acceptance for, turned out not to be Scientology but something else – C of M, Miscaviology, corporate Scientology, etc.

Now that Rathbun and Rinder “know” that what they’re defending, and fighting for acceptance for, is really Scientology, it is completely reasonable to accept that they would do the same as they did while defending, and fighting for acceptance for, something that is not Scientology. It is actually reasonable that they would do worse now.

From a transcript of a telephone call between Rathbun and Michael Doven ca. 28 April 2010:

Michael Doven: Um, I just wanted to-- I have talked about you, you know over a number of months, it's just like, all right, what's taking place here? How is it taking place? Why is it taking place? What is taking place? You know, how, how, how we get into this point to where one who once helped and who once helped people I know and care about, ah--

Marty Rathbun: I'm helping people Michael, now-- This is a wrong button.[Car horn.] I'm helping people now like I've never helped people before. In fact, I'm even, I'm doing my job unobstructed like I've never been able to do my job before. So, I don't-- That, that, that paradigm doesn't really work for me.

Source: OCMB post
    Fortunately, they are limited in the evil they can do by the same laws that restrain dependent Scientologists from doing unimaginable evil, and by their actual limited power, even with enormous resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Earlier, I
    We're talking about Scientologists' application of the SP doctrine against their opponents, i.e., people who tell the truth about Hubbard and Scientology. There is no scriptural difference between Scientologists, whether Indie or not, on how they must treat people like us.
    That's not really what he's saying, though. He's defining a specific type of critic, and he's cautioning people to be careful before lending help to someone like that type, not advocating fair gaming.

Rathbun: “The extreme, rebellious far left of the Scientology spectrum is occupied by those who would not be satisfied until every last word of Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard was forever destroyed. The the anti-Scientology extreme cut its teeth on the purported purpose line of restoring freedom of speech and thought on the subject. Ironically, that very group is now demanding that everything L Ron Hubbard ever issued be burned in one colossal Spanish Inquisition-esque bonfire.”
    The above doesn’t apply to me or to any of the critics that I know. I may detest Hubbard, but if we can’t banish all religion to the netherworld then I don’t care to banish any of them. If people want to continue to practice Scientology then let them have at it. I could care less about people auditing each other and themselves out in the field. What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home, not my business.

I'm not saying I wouldn't watch any new organizations that form with keen interest. But people on their own doing whatever? I'm not worried about that.
    The Indies, or the troops, on their own is obviously an invention. They are not on their own. When you can demonstrate they are on their own, I will join you in not worrying about them. What I have found effective for reducing or eliminate worry about the actually organized Independs, or the actually organized Depends for that matter, is communicating about them and to them, and confronting them.

I do see the point, although I can also see how the Indies wouldn't want attention shifted to the abusive practices that flow from the same doctrine they both complain about and insist on maintaining.

Marty in that same blog says this:

Rathbun:“The relative minority of Scientology haters (far, far left) – those who favor book banning and burning and coercive tactics used to alter people’s beliefs – similarly use the DM led suppression tactics to paint the entire religion of Scientology as pernicious and worthy of dismantling. To them, everything about Scientology must go – including the peaceful practice of its philosophy, even when done sans the policies they use to justify all their broadsides against the religion itself.
    Emphasis mine.

I haven’t checked to see if anyone has asked him to expound on the “sans the policies” bit in the comments, but off the top of my head, Fair Game and Disconnection HAVE to be among them if the statement he made is true. They're the two most common complaints against the church by critics.
    Good. Fair game is the application of the Suppressive Person doctrine against SPs; that is wogs who tell the truth about Scientology and Hubbard. Not Rathbun or Rinder, or any Independent Scientologists, or any Dependent Scientologists, have repudiated the doctrine. They have to apply it, even in their ignoring of the SP class, that is, their wog victims. Scientology scripture provides no other treatment or handling for SPs.

Not every Scientologist gets to dramatize his or her intentions for SPs. That is because these intentions are criminal and if acted on are punishable in wog courts. Much of war in the realm of thought is legal, and much of the Scientologists’ war on its victims is in the realm of thought. (Ref. Battle Tactics)

Rathbun and Rinder got to dramatize their evil intentions toward SPs in the non-thought world, and get away with it. It’s not so easy now for Scientologists like Rathbun and Rinder, or even like Miscavige and his new lieutenants, to get away with it. Some wog victims, like Gerry and I, are fighting back.

Rathbun and the Indies have enjoyed some success in involving wogs to help them with their internecine war or "war" against DM. Yet not one of these Scientologists have come clean about the abuses Scientologists inflict on wogs, such as through Narconon, WISE and other front groups, and with their manipulation of corrupt cops and politicians, their infiltrations into all levels of government, etc. They all want more of this "expansionist activity." They just don't like the same tech being applied to them.
    I’m all for the Indie war with DM. He needs to be brought up on charges. Quite a number of people do.

I think that Marty et al have yet to accept that there WERE abuses inflicted on wogs, or that there is something dangerous about the Purif. That is probably going to take a while for some of them. Still others will never get there. But right now, they’re wrapped up fighting a holy war, being Loyal Officers and such.
    Sure. But the important part of the Scientologists’ war, holy or unholy, is still on wogs. Their war on Miscavige, even if not faked like Loyalist Op One, is a matter of internal ethics. Most vital for me is the Scientologists’ war against my class, the SPs. All Scientologists participate in it. SPs should be fighting back against all Scientologists.

The Scientologists don’t like it when thinking wogs fight back. Too bad. I hope for everyone that more and more wogs fight back.

Silver Meritorious Patron Jquepublic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline View Post
    And when they turn their black PR skill or tech on their wog victims? Some people probably find that amusing. Doubtlessly Miscavige does. And the Independent Scientologists don’t stand up for Marty’s victims when he or their fellow Scientologists black PR them. I’m not a critic, and Gerry isn’t a critic. Obviously some people in the critics group even attack Rathbun’s victims. I think mobilizing a force to black PR critics is your idea, not mine.
    No, it was yours:

It's clear that Rathbun is actually recruiting among his neutralized categories a battalion of bullies to attack the people in this un-neutralized category in order to neutralize them. His "Scientology spectrum" is command intention for his troops.
    You said it a few posts back on this thread.

I also did not claim that Rathbun and Rinder’s long history of black PRing the Scientologists’ victims; or R & R’s training in black PR; or even that Hubbard’s (to say nothing of Miscavige’s) command intention for Scientologists is to black PR these same victims, is evidence that anyone is black PRing/attacking/fair gaming critics or mobilizing a force to do so. These facts are evidence of the continuingness of the black PR, fair game, torts and crimes, but the evidence of present black PR, etc. is something else.
    Above quote applies to this one too.
    There is evidence that the Independent Scientologists, in which Rathbun is indisputably a leader, are black PRing his victims. So is he, of course. Since he is a leader, and since command intention is Scientology tech, it is his command intention that the troops (that is, his troops, not someone else’s) also black PR the same victims in the same way.
    What’s the evidence? I’d like to read and evaluate it for myself, please. No offense but my own Scientology experience taught me not to take anyone else’s word for it.
    See for example, Gerry’s response to a black PR salvo from Marty’s Scientologists and Marty: http://www.gerryarmstrong.ca/archives/5. Also see Gerry’s July 12, 2009 response to Rathbun (then calling himself “Sitting Bull”) regarding Rathbun’s “Scientology spectrum.” http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/archives/3312.
    I did a google search for Gerry and Rathbun. I found one 2 minute video of Rinder black PRing Gerry and when I watched it, I heard one man bitching about another, not black PR, but I found pages and pages of entries of Gerry bashing Rathbun. Not so much Rinder. Why not Rinder? His hands are just as bloody as Rathbun’s. Is Rathbun bashing Gerry, or you? He’s not making it easy to find, so he’s not doing a very good job of it IMO.
    And which Scientologists are black PRing Gerry?
    Obviously Gerry occupies and represents what Rathbun calls “The extreme, rebellious far left of the Scientology spectrum.” Rathbun says this group is occupied “those who would not be satisfied until every last word of Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard was forever destroyed,” but that is just black PR.
    Does this description fit him? Or fit you?

Rathbun: “The extreme, rebellious far left of the Scientology spectrum is occupied by those who would not be satisfied until every last word of Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard was forever destroyed. The the anti-Scientology extreme cut its teeth on the purported purpose line of restoring freedom of speech and thought on the subject. Ironically, that very group is now demanding that everything L Ron Hubbard ever issued be burned in one colossal Spanish Inquisition-esque bonfire.”
    There is no such group as “the extreme, rebellious far left of the Scientology spectrum” that “is occupied by those who would not be satisfied until every last word of Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard was forever destroyed.” There is no such “Scientology spectrum.” No Scientologist I have seen has challenged Rathbun on his spectrum or the people he’s populated with it. This is evidence of a command intention at cause.
    There is in Marty’s mind, and that’s who we’re talking about.

How is this evidence of command intention at cause?

Critically, Rathbun has in mind real human beings with real names whom he postulates onto one of the ends of his extremity of his invention; and those human beings are the Suppressive Person class, the people who tell the truth about Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard. These are the people whose evil Rathbun essentially equates with Miscavige’s evil. That’s black PR.
    The people who tell the truth about Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard are the people Rathubn and his troops call the “haters.” That’s black PR.
    It’s an opinion – a stupid, boorish, Marty opinion. He has them.

Some people will buy it, some won’t. The vast majority see it for what it really is. This whole idea that Black PR is saying bad things about other people never went to high school.
    And after Rathbun and his troops get rid of Miscavige (off his point of power to a palace in Malta?) do the troops mop up the other end of their spectrum, the SPs who tell the truth about Scientology and Hubbard?
    Marty is most definitely a Hubbard apologist but he has at least begun to concede that Hubbard was just a man, and a flawed one at that. It’s progress in my view. He’s seen some truth. And maybe when he stops fighting his holy war he will actually be able to see a little more of it. Right now holding Hubbard as a hero is fueling his fight.

What is it that you’re afraid is going to happen? And what is it you think anyone can do to stop other people from calling themselves Scientologists?
    Rathbun and Rinder excuse the evil they did by saying it was to defend Scientology and the founder, or achieve their acceptance. R & R have never stated that they would not do the same or worse for these purposes. They have never stated that Scientology is not worth doing evil for.
    What they claim is that they discovered that what they were defending, and fighting for acceptance for, turned out not to be Scientology but something else – C of M, Miscaviology, corporate Scientology, etc.
    Now that Rathbun and Rinder “know” that what they’re defending, and fighting for acceptance for, is really Scientology, it is completely reasonable to accept that they would do the same as they did while defending, and fighting for acceptance for, something that is not Scientology. It is actually reasonable that they would do worse now.
    The fact they never said anything doesn’t PROVE anything. They’ve never stated that they would do it either.

I don’t think they’re making false claims about their beliefs re: Hubbard and Miscavige. They believe in Scientology. I did too, once. You may also have done – you were staff once, right?

Fair game is the application of the Suppressive Person doctrine against SPs; that is wogs who tell the truth about Scientology and Hubbard. Not Rathbun or Rinder, or any Independent Scientologists, or any Dependent Scientologists, have repudiated the doctrine. They have to apply it, even in their ignoring of the SP class, that is, their wog victims. Scientology scripture provides no other treatment or handling for SPs.
    How are wogs victims of people practicing Scientology in the field, independently? As the Indies have embraced the ability to accept or reject policy, it isn’t fair to paint them with such a broad brush. You’d need to speak to each one individually to know where they stand on SP doctrine. Neither one of us is likely to do that any time soon.

Not every Scientologist gets to dramatize his or her intentions for SPs. That is because these intentions are criminal and if acted on are punishable in wog courts. Much of war in the realm of thought is legal, and much of the Scientologists’ war on its victims is in the realm of thought. (Ref. Battle Tactics)
    Rathbun and Rinder got to dramatize their evil intentions toward SPs in the non-thought world, and get away with it. It’s not so easy now for Scientologists like Rathbun and Rinder, or even like Miscavige and his new lieutenants, to get away with it. Some wog victims, like Gerry and I, are fighting back.
    You’re absolutely right to fight back if you’re being attacked. I’d never tell you otherwise. I would like to know who is attacking you and how they’re doing it.
    An organized Church is a control system by its hierarchal nature. William S. Burroughs, Naked Scientology

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline
    And when they turn their black PR skill or tech on their wog victims? Some people probably find that amusing. Doubtlessly Miscavige does. And the Independent Scientologists don’t stand up for Marty’s victims when he or their fellow Scientologists black PR them. I’m not a critic, and Gerry isn’t a critic. Obviously some people in the critics group even attack Rathbun’s victims. I think mobilizing a force to black PR critics is your idea, not mine.
    No, it was yours:
    It's clear that Rathbun is actually recruiting among his neutralized categories a battalion of bullies to attack the people in this un-neutralized category in order to neutralize them. His "Scientology spectrum" is command intention for his troops.
    You said it a few posts back on this thread.
    Above quote applies to this one too.
    I did not say Rathbun is mobilizing a force to black PR critics, and I don’t think that is what he is doing. I was talking about the Scientologists' victims, not critics.

Neither Gerry nor I are critics. We both briefly considered ourselves critics, but that was years ago. We are SPs because we speak the truth about Scientology and Hubbard, and we are the Scientologists’ victims. But we are not critics.

In his Sitting Bull manifesto, Rathbun actually states that critics are not the people he puts on the extreme end of his spectrum, but that sometimes they can be driven (by DM of course) onto that extreme end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbun
    On the other side, Miscavige pours gasoline on the critics' fire by his intolerant, aggressive, and anti-social responses to their hue and cry. Any criticism no matter how valid – and the most warranted criticism is always directed at his own conduct – is characterized by Miscavige as “anti-Scientology.” Since an SP is incapable of any self-recognition of wrong-doing, instead of correcting his abuses Miscavige steps them up and keeps producing future enemies, all the while driving mere critics into the anti-Scientology camp by his efforts to censor and destroy them.

Rathbun, M. (2009, 22 May). The Great Middle Path.scientology-cult.com. Retrieved 5 August 2012 from http://www.scientology-cult.com/great-middle-path.html
    I can imagine you being a mere critic, because anyone can be a mere critic, but Gerry and I are not mere critics. We are already on the extreme end of Rathbun’s spectrum, and do not need Miscavige to drive us to tell the truth about Scientology and Hubbard, or victimize us more to drive us to spectrum's end.

Rathbun black PRs everyone he puts on his extreme spectrum end, as haters, book burners, understanding destroyers, etc. It is clear that his followers support and reinforce his black PR. We are the Scientologists’ victims, including Rathbun’s victims, and we tell the truth about Scientology and Hubbard.

The truth about Scientology and Hubbard, clearly, has largely been told. What now needs to be told is what the Scientologists and their collaborators have done to prevent that truth being told, to stop that truth being believed, and to destroy the people who tell it.

Rathbun differentiates between “critics” and “haters" by whether or not Scientologists "might effect" their views. Presumably, if Scientologists give critics answers or explanations, the critics become less critical of Scientology and Hubbard, and they are not relegated to the "haters" class.

martyrathbun09 | November 2, 2010 at 11:53 am | Reply
    A critic might listen to answers or explanations for their continual barrage of critical questions and commentary, and perhaps those answers might effect his or her views. A hater just keeps pouring it on. Every answer or explanation, or any context provided, merely reinforces his or her hateful viewpoint.
    Scientologists, including Rathbun, have never provided honest answers or explanations for any of my many criticisms of Scientology, Hubbard or the Scientologists' actions. But even without any honest answers or explanations, I have never stopped being critical, so I meet Rathbun's criterion for "haters."

"Haters," obviously, as is apparent by the term's use among Rathbun's followers on his blog, is the set of persons who continue to tell the truth about Scientology and Hubbard, and the Scientologists' actions. Obviously too, "haters" is a hate term for the Suppressive Person class, and it is evident that Rathbun and his followers treat us differently from mere critics.

Rathbun and his followers work to influence critics, obviously, in the direction of "acceptance of L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology." Black PRing the critics the Scientologists seek to influence is not an effective tech for this purpose. Black PRing SPs to the critics is a common practice. Confusion tech appears to have some effect on the critics' unwanted behavior.

Sun Tzu’s The Art of War is a Hubbard-ordered book, and Scientologists claim to apply it in their "nasty battle." See this exchange on Marty’s blog where the complaint is made that DM is having zero impact on those he is trying to confuse. It's helpful to know that the Indies think they're doing better with this confusion tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Moving on Up a Little Higher
    Solace | June 3, 2010 at 10:12 am | Reply
    [...]

DM’s efforts to apply Sun Tzu’s Art of War (as it is the LRH recommended text for
    the subject we are discussing) are shockingly bad. He is having zero impact on those he is trying to confuse.

Here is what Sun Tzu actually says:
    “Deceit is of course not practised as an art or end in itself, contrary to tendencies sometimes prevailing in the modern world. Rather, false measures, feints, prevarications, troop deployments [emphasis added], dragging brush, feigning chaos, and other such acts are all designed to further the single objective of deceiving the enemy so that he will be confused or forced to respond in a predetermined way and thereby provide the army with an explitable advantage. Warfare must be viewed as a matter of deception, of constantly creating false appearances, spreading disinformation, and employing trickery and deceit. When imaginatively created and effectively implemented, the enemy will neither know where to attack nor what formations to emply, and will accordingly be condemned to making fatal errors.

“Apart from measures undertaken within the military itself, “expendable spies” (who spread disinformation outside the state”) should also be employed. Therefore Sun-Tzu advised, “provide our [expendable spies] with [false information] and have them leak it to enemy agents. Naturally their lifespan is limited, for when the ruse is uncovered the expendable spy is normaly terminated by the enemy, explaining why they are also termed “dead (or doomed) spies”.
    Instead of creating confusion or making us act in a predicable way — all DM has been actually doing is securing more nails in his coffin.

The fact is that Marty and Mike are far better at applying the LRH recommended text than DM and the OSA lemmings, and every effort on the part of DM is backfiring.

Instead of putting himself at cause, DM is continuing to catapult himself to effect and I am sure this is driving him completely luny (not that he wasn’t already!).
    It is a wonderful thing to see the midget, who has inflicted so much pain and hurt and degradation on others — to start to get so desparate in en effort to stay cause somehow — any possible way he can think of.

I can hear those coffin nails now!

Marty, Mosey, Mike and others — if you need anything in this nasty battle, let me know. Unfortunately my location on this planet makes that a little hard — but if I can, I will assist in any way I can.
    Jim Logan | June 3, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Reply
    solace,
    You have hit the nail on the head; DM has NO viable answer to Scientologists with KRC with the materials other than inval and eval. The same tired lines are used for that too.

He doesn’t dig Scn. He doesn’t get LRH. Add to that continuous present time harmful acts and he’s so introverted into that ‘problem’ he’s been fixed in, and he has NO tech. That includes Sun’s.

It takes real Ethics Presence and real Knowledge, Responsibility and Control to pull this off. That doesn’t exist in DM’s camp.

I’ll answer the burning question for DM; what’s our strat?

Ethics, tech and admin. There it is. Only to grasp it, you’d have to actually cease committing present time overts, so you can get a case gain, and from there you will be able to duplicate gradiently parts of Scientology and what’s more be able to actually apply them, to others for their case gain. Working your way back to the game of life that is constructive for the rest of life, someday, depending on your effort, you’ll arrive and understand completely that ‘strat’.

See, Dave, OSA, Mike Sutter and especially Hansueli, cause I think you are a fish out of water with these others (that’s just my personal affinity maybe), and any others who are on this line of ‘what to do about all this’, there can’t be any ‘curves’, no ‘pitch’, no ‘angle’ to the purpose.

It’s a clean line, one where everybody wins, that is higher than the fray. Not ‘monks’, not some fixed idea of who is ‘good’, and not devils, but real, honest to God, free beings reaching out to help others achieve their own personal spiritual freedom.
    martyrathbun09 | June 3, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Reply
    Wow Solace. We are tracking.
    In this blog post Rathbun makes a specific threat to the class of people he calls “the far left of the Scientology spectrum.” It is obvious that these people comprise the Scientologists’ victims, whom the Scientologists black PR as “haters” or “SPs,” or sociopaths. The “assault” Rathbun says he may be mobilizing a defense to, against the Scientologists’ victims is almost certainly a fabrication.

martyrathbun09 | November 19, 2009 at 2:59 pm | Reply
    Jeff,
    First let me say. If I had the power to appoint a Inquisitor to sort this whole mess out, of all the people on earth, you would be on the short list. Because I know your depth of wisdom and your level of equanimity. I am NOT making a distinction between “ex-Scientologists” and “Independent Scientologists.” Please read my words carefully. That is someone else’s interpretation. I have never used those words and that is NOT what I mean. I have not even criticized Kevin, Carmel, Paul, Anna and Dean. Please read what I have written. I am lending advice that is based upon 22 years of hard learned experience. I have lent effort to a number of 3rd dynamic justice actions in the past nine months that have been wasted, severely delayed, and possibly outright sabotaged by “the far left of the Scientology spectrum”. At the end of the day, if they don’t clean up their act – and show some tolerance – like your words “I respect anyone who still wants to practice Scientology” – I may end up mobilizing a defense to the assault myself. After all, I can’t trust Miscavige to protect the philosophy because that does not align with his purpose.
    Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Caroline
    What’s the evidence? I’d like to read and evaluate it for myself, please. No offense but my own Scientology experience taught me not to take anyone else’s word for it.
    I did a google search for Gerry and Rathbun. I found one 2 minute video of Rinder black PRing Gerry and when I watched it, I heard one man bitching about another, not black PR, but I found pages and pages of entries of Gerry bashing Rathbun.
    I think you really do understand what black PR is, so I will communicate with you accordingly.

To bash, in this context, means, “To engage in harsh, accusatory, threatening criticism.” http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bash

I disagree that there are pages and pages of entries of Gerry bashing Rathbun. Please produce them. And point out the entries.

Gerry has certainly accused Rathbun of irresponsibility, immorality and even criminality, because that is how Rathbun has acted in his treatment or handling of his victims. Given Rathbun’s actions against these victims, and Gerry specifically, Gerry’s criticisms were hardly harsh. His criticisms were definitely not threatening, and you have produced no evidence from Rathbun that he was threatened or felt threatened by Gerry’s communications to him. Until you provide evidence of pages and pages of entries of Gerry bashing Rathbun, I must reject your assertion.

The definition for bashing does not include untrue criticism, dishonest criticism, slanderous criticism, libelous criticism, defamatory criticism, or illegitimate criticism. This kind of criticism is the essence of black PR. An illegitimate criticism is, of course, no criticism at all.

In your example, if what Gerry wrote to Rathbun are not pages and pages of entries of him bashing Rathbun, your “criticism” would be untrue, dishonest and illegitimate, and would just be an addition to the black PR on Gerry. A way to establish if illegitimate criticisms are being made is to ask the author to supply evidence of the assertions in the claimed criticisms. So it is very important that you show what pages and pages of Gerry’s entries that you claim are bashing Rathbun.

My view is that Gerry’s communications to Rathbun were sincere, understandable, literary and grammatically accurate. They contain no semantic dishonesty, which is a common device among black PRists, although in places Gerry’s communications contain good humor, and they can have fun with words.

Obviously they’re not written for people who can’t understand them, but Rathbun and virtually any Scientologist can understand them, even if they say, like Rathbun, that they can’t. Since Gerry’s communications are readable and understandable, as I prove by reading and understanding them, calling them not understandable is not a criticism, but a dishonest criticism, or black PR.

All of Gerry’s communications to Rathbun add up to requests for help correcting real injustices, many of which Rathbun helped perpetrate, and which Rathbun could help to correct. Gerry provided Rathbun the facts necessary to understand the injustice, tort or crime that had been perpetrated against Gerry, and therefore the sort of help that was being requested. Gerry provided adequate and relevant support for his factual assertions, and excellent references.

That Gerry accused Rathbun was and is unavoidable because it is what Gerry is accusing Rathbun of that Gerry has come to Rathbun for help to correct; that is, injustices, torts, crimes.

To my knowledge, neither Rathbun nor anyone else has pointed out any untrue, dishonest, libelous, defamatory or illegitimate criticisms in Gerry’s communications to Rathbun. Nor has anyone pointed out any fact errors in these communications. Certainly the Scientologists and their collaborators against Gerry hate his communications, and black PR them, but that is because his facts are accurate, and his criticisms of Scientology, Hubbard and Scientologists are true and legitimate.

A key point in understanding the Scientologists’ black PR intentions and activities, certainly in Gerry’s case, is that the class of citizens being black PRed is victims. Gerry is a victim of the Scientologists, including of Rathbun specifically, and is claiming to be Rathbun’s victim. Rathbun is not Gerry’s victim, and is not claiming to be Gerry’s victim. Scientology scripture even gives Rathbun the justification and opportunity to black PR the whole victim class. And Rathbun specifically victimizes Gerry for being victimized.

Not so much Rinder. Why not Rinder? His hands are just as bloody as Rathbun’s.
    Rathbun was the first of the duo to start communicating publicly after claiming to have left the cult. Rathbun offered to help people like Gerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry in his letter to Rathbun
    I’m communicating to you about your dec after all these years because of your recent statements on your website and on ESMB. You offered to help those in need who once formally participated in Scientology but who now hold no hope nor intention of ever seeking help from that organization. That’s me to a T.

Armstrong, G. (2009, 31 May.) Open Letter to Mark C. Rathbun. gerryarmstrong.org. Retrieved on 7 August 2012 from http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/archives/3292
    It was reasonable as well for Gerry to communicate as he has to Rathbun, because Rathbun is selling character, and, of course, intelligence and abilities. Oddly, it is so important to him to black PR Gerry that Rathbun would pretend to be so unintelligent that he would claim he couldn’t understand Gerry’s clear and simple communications. How Rathbun, and other Scientologists, respond to communications from their victims, is reflective of the Scientologists’ character. It is also the kind of information that everyone should have about the Scientologists.

Gerry is not selling intelligence, abilities or character, and these things are irrelevant, but the Scientologists black PR the actual intelligence, abilities and character he does have.

Is Rathbun bashing Gerry, or you?
    Bashing can certainly be used for black PR purposes. But really Rathbun’s accusations against Gerry are, in toto, false. And Rathbun’s criticisms are largely illegitimate or dishonest. So really, the issue being dealt with is black PR, not bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbard
    BLACK PROPAGANDA, 1. about the most involved employment of PR is its covert use in destroying the repute of individuals and groups. More correctly this is technically called black propaganda. (HCO PL 11 May 71 III) 2. (black = bad or derogatory, propaganda = pushing out statements or ideas), the term used to destroy reputation or public belief in persons, companies or nations. It is a common tool of agencies who are seeking to destroy real or fancied enemies or seek dominance in some field. (HCO PL 21 Nov 72 I) 3. the activity called black propaganda consists of spreading lies by hidden sources. It inevitably results in injustices being done by those who operate without verifying the truth. (OODs 17 May 71) 4. when PR is used for the destruction of ideals or institutions or repute of persons, it is called, traditionally, black PR. This is usually covert and a distortion of truth or a whole cloth fabrication. (HCO PL 7 Aug 72) 5. black propaganda is in its technical accuracy, a covert operation where unknown authors publicly effect a derogatory reaction and then remain unknown. (HCO PL 11 May 71 III) 6. a covert attack on the reputation of a person, company or nation using slander and lies in order to weaken or destroy. (HCO PL 21 Nov 72 I) 7. black PR also uses imagination in order to degrade or vilify or discredit an existing or fancied image. (HCO PL 7 Aug 72) Abbr. Black PR.

Hubbard, L. R. (1976). Modern Management Technology Defined. Los Angeles: Church of Scientology of California Publications Organization United States.
    You denied that Rinder was black PRing Gerry, and reinterpreted it as a “bitch” about him. As I said, I am sure you know what black PR is. If Rinder had bitched that Gerry was a fruitcake and was “seeing things,” and Gerry really is a fruitcake and really is seeing things, then Rinder’s bitch really would have been a bitch. Since Gerry is not a fruitcake, and not “seeing things” then Rinder’s statement was a false or illegitimate bitch, and black PR. Rinder knows very well that Gerry is not a fruitcake, and not “seeing things.” Therefore Rinder’s black PR is willful, which is, of course, obvious.

Rinder’s few seconds of black PR was effective too, because the film maker Markus Thoess dropped the subject and apparently didn’t follow up about the Scientologists’ 30 year fair gaming of Gerry.

5. Likes PirateAndBum liked this post

Black PR in Scientology’s 1993 IRS submission

Quote Originally Posted by Scientology’s 1993 Submission to the IRS
    Our consistent view has been that the civil litigants are solely motivated by greed. The exception is Armstrong who we truly believe to be psychotic.

http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/cult/irs/csi-prod-1993-11-04-152016-152073.html
    Keep in mind that Scientology has a very specific definition for psychosis, which is:

PSYCHOSIS, 1. we know what psychosis is these days. It is simply an evil purpose; it means a definite obsessive desire to destroy. Now anybody has a few evil purposes when they suddenly think of this or that, that they don't want to do. They'd say "Boy I'd like to get even with that guy" or something. That's not what we're really talking about. This is the monitoring evil purpose which monitors all of this guy's activities, and that is a real psycho. Now there are people who are PTS and who act fairly psycho and there are people who are quote "aberrated." They've simply got out-points in their thinking. The psychiatrist never differentiated amongst these people. That's because he thought people had a disease called mental illness. It is not true. There is no such thing as a mental illness. There is no bacteria which produces psychosis. (ESTO 3, 7203CO2 SO I) 2. if he's real crazy he can't see anything. He's just got to fight. Well, if you knew what he was fighting you wouldn't feel so sorry for him. He's back there on the track a few trillion years fighting the Ugbugs. He's solving a present time problem which hasn't in actual fact existed for the last many trillenia in most cases, and yet he is taking the actions in present time which solve that problem with the Ugbugs. What the devil is that all about? Well the guy is totally stuck in present time. He's got 99.999999% of his attention units at some past period of the track. An exact precise period of the track. And in that precise exact instant he is fighting off something and is trying to handle something by some means and those are the means and practices which he is using in present time. He does not have any problem with you. You do not have any problem with him at all. You aren't back there where he is and he isn't up where you are. Now you can assume there are problems, but that isn't the problem he's trying to solve. That is the whole anatomy of psychosis. (SH Spec 61, 6505C18) 3. Dwindling sanity is a dwindling ability to assign time and space. Psychosis is a complete inability to assign time and space. (Scn 8-80, p. 44)

Hubbard, L. R. (1976). Modern Management Technology Defined. Los Angeles: Church of Scientology of California Publications Organization United States.
    In another part of Scientology’s submission to the IRS in 1993, they inject more black PR about Gerry’s state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Scientology’s 1993 Submission to the IRS
    Subparagraph 10.e(ii)

In this subparagraph, the Service has asked for a copy of any verdict, decision or judicial finding that any Scientology-related' organization or individual was involved in the commission of an intentional tort or violation of criminal law. Copies of these documents are attached as Exhibit 10-P. There were verdicts, or decisions with judicial findings of intentional torts in only four of the cases discussed on the pages of the prior submission referenced in this question, and all of these cases were discussed in the response to Question 4.d of the Service's May letter -- the Stifler case, the Christofferson case, the Wollersheim case, and the Armstrong case, discussed at pages 10-12; 10-15 to 10-16; 10-16; and, 10-12 respectively, of our prior response.

The Service has asked the Church to state whether it agrees with the findings of the Courts in each of the above decisions. The Church's response to this part of the question follows: [...]

Church of Scientology v. Gerald Armstrong:

We have included some background information here and an epilogue to the decision in question. That is because the Service has continuously thrust the Armstrong case at us, demanding an explanation. The Armstrong case decision was so inflammatory and intemperate that it was used to stigmatize the Church in the legal arena and make other outrageous decisions possible. As we shall demonstrate below, all this decision ever involved was Armstrong's state of mind, which subsequently obtained evidence proved conclusively to be one sordid, sado-masochistic nightmare. Furthermore, Armstrong's state of mind horror stories have fallen on deaf ears in recent litigation. Relying on Armstrong or the Armstrong decision is wholly unjustified.
    See also: Scientology Lies To the IRS About Armstrong

Gerry responded to Rathbun’s black PR in his 30 March 2012 article “L Ron Hubbard’s Worst Enemy – Part II.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong
    Isn’t it now time to debrief about what was done to black PR, silence and destroy me, while all the time knowing I was telling the truth?

[Rathbun] Some of the representations covered in this year’s March 13th event – such as the alleged Oregon sub chasing incident was “regarded as among the most regionally famed encounters of the war” – are so easily discredited that those in the know have to wonder: are the people making such representations attempting to set up L Ron Hubbard for a fall?
    No, Hubbard fell a lifetime ago, and it is too late for him to get up, or for anyone else to get him up. I can see, however, where these latest and greatest, and apparently most debunkable claims, are part of Operation Soft Landing. It stinks, and what you do in support of that operation also stinks, because it is all to the detriment of the Scientologists’ victims.

[Rathbun] It gets worse. The “L Ron Hubbard Biographer” attempts to position LRH as saving the world from “evil” scientists bent on blowing it up. A five minute google research project (for the culturally or historically illiterate who don’t already know it) would show that those “evil” scientists allegedly plotting to destroy earth were engaged in precisely the opposite activity – they were the original movement to demand “conscience” be incorporated into science because of the destructive power of what they were discovering.

To position Richard Nixon with Robert Oppenheimer and Albert Einstein is about as credible as trying to position Adolph Hitler with leading members of the German underground anti-Nazi movement.

It is pure insanity that is issuing from the lips of Dan Sherman and David Miscavige. It is madness. I would write it off as only such if I were not aware of the fact that David Miscavige is acutely aware of who ultimately takes the brunt of this.

What is more a travesty is the overall technique of Sherman and Miscavige. They are attempting to literalize L Ron Hubbard. As any intelligent student of Scientology knows, one of Hubbard’s virtues is his story telling ability. He can lecture for one hour on the subject of a simple principle; and he can tell a number of colorful stories and anecdotes to get the audience to view it from a number of angles to the point where they can understand the principle conceptually. Of course, we also know that Hubbard has done that literally thousands of times and it was all recorded for posterity. So, Sherman and Miscavige come along – take an anecdote out, alone, bereft of any context for what principle it is being used to illustrate, and tell the public:

a) Every word is literally true.

b) That “a” is of utmost importance, or why would they be conveying it with such ostentatious implant a/v technology; and thus

c) L Ron Hubbard ought to be viewed and treated like a God, and not as the thinking and living out of the box kind of guy he was, and thus

d) Scientology is really about belief, and not observation and workability, and thus

e) David Miscavige must be viewed as the Pope, infallibility and all.
    While this madness is clearly intended to up the mushroom treatment (being kept in the dark and being fed manure) of captive cult member audiences – David Miscavige is well aware of what its long term effect will be, more years of dragging L Ron Hubbard through the mud publicly as allegedly making false claims as to his history, qualifications and competence.
    I keep asking, and I keep meaning it when I do, how can it get any darker than that?
    Yes, you can continue to attack me and my class, and continue to avoid bringing the lies to the light of truth. That has been pretty dark.

And some of your statements about me in the comments:

[SKM] Wow, Marty, I always wondered about Amstrongs “being right” on that whole cycle (until this day).

Thank you for putting this into the right perspective. Makes sense now.
    DM, let the Church alone.
    You reply:

[Rathbun] Well, it is not quite that black and white as I noted in response to another comment – his subsequent propagandizing is as inaccurate as the churches in many respects.
    You know the drill, Marty. You know what Hubbard said: “The exact time, place, form and event.” You know about sociopathic generalizations. Please identify what you are calling my “subsequent propagandizing.” Then please identify the Scientologists’ subsequent propagandizing, which you assert is as inaccurate in many respects as what you identify as my subsequent propagandizing. Then please identify the many respects you aver in which what you call my subsequent propagandizing is as inaccurate as what you assert is the Scientologists’ subsequent propagandizing.

Or save yourself a lot of time and just acknowledge that you’re black PRing me here without any basis in truth.

Armstrong, G. (2012, 2 April) Response to Mark Rathbun. gerryarmstrong.ca. Retrieved 6 August 2012 from http://www.gerryarmstrong.ca/archives/280

Indie black PR

Earlier in this thread, I provided a link to Gerry’s article “Sitting Bull blowing smoke” at http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/archives/3312.

How, Chief:
    I’m writing in response to your article “The Great Middle Path,” for myself and for all Scientology victims. I also represent “Suppressive Persons” who comprise a major class within the victims population. You’re promulgating faulty and destructive information about us, and I will comment on several of these points below. […]

Armstrong, G. (2009, July) Sitting Bull blowing smoke. gerryarmstrong.org. Retrieved on 6 August 2012 from http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/archives/3312.
    The faulty and destructive information Gerry identified and discussed was Rathbun’s black PR.

Earlier, I also linked to Gerry’s article “Who or What Sold Out”: http://www.gerryarmstrong.ca/archives/5. Gerry discusses some Indie black PR in his letter:

Because of my years inside the cult in several places and positions, my possession of Hubbard’s archive, researching his life, my post-Scientology studies, almost 30 years as Scientologists’ fair game target and victim, and observation of Scientologists’ attacks on similarly placed victims, I have acquired considerable experience and a working knowledge of psychopathy and its manifestations in Scientologists. I believe psychopathy, hopefully Scientology-generated, makes sense of the statements about me on Rathbun’s blog by Karen de la Carriere and “Barney Rubble,” two Scientologists and members of the Scientology entity known as the “Independents” or “Indies.” And it is these three Scientologists’ statements that have brought me to write this.

[…]

I knew Karen de la Carriere, of course, on the “Apollo” in the 1970’s. I was legal, PR and intel, and she was an auditor. I would have seen her around a few times at the FLB during a couple of years in the later 1970’s. I don’t believe that our paths crossed again or that I ever had a memorable interaction or communication with her.

Heber Jentzsch had been my stepfather-in-law until his wife and my then mother-in-law Yvonne died, I think in January 1978. So he now is and will forever be my ex-stepfather-in-law. Yvonne’s daughter Terri is and will forever be my ex. Because of my relationship to Heber, at some point I had become aware that he had married Karen.

I don’t know who Barney Rubble is, but somewhere I think I saw some reference to him or her knowing Mike Rinder in Curaçao in the 1970’s. So maybe we know each other from the “Apollo.”

De la Carriere and Rubble went on, or off, about me in reaction to a recent comment on Rathbun’s blog by ex-Scientologist Allen Stanfield. I don’t believe I’ve ever met Allen, although I have read quite a few things he’s posted different places on the Internet, and I appreciate his depth of thought and good writing. Earlier this year, he wrote a kind and actually courageous article, “History of Scientology Criticism: Who is Gerry Armstrong?”[3] that meant and means a lot to me.

[3] History of Scientology Criticism: Who is Gerry Armstrong?”: http://alanzosblog.blogspot.com/2011...sm-who-is.html

Allen’s point that triggered the reaction was that I was like Rathbun when he set up his blog and started writing in that we both knew what we were in for and did it anyway. Allen apparently felt that both Rathbun and I did whatever we did not to gain personally, and we knew we would be attacked if we did it, but went ahead regardless. It isn’t clear in Allen’s comment what I did that he is equating with Rathbun setting up his blog. This theme of me doing what I did despite knowing I’d be fair gamed, however, is also present in Allen’s article about me on his own blog, so what he had in mind about me in his comment on Rathbun’s blog can probably be ascertained from there: essentially that I had dared to tell Scientologists, and wogs I suppose, the truth I knew about Hubbard and Scientology. And part of what I told was the truth about their lying.

It’s fairly clear that Allen got the idea of communicating to the world about the similarities between Rathbun and me from seeing Rathbun’s e-mail to me that listed what he called “critical differences” between us. These claimed differences were “critical” to Rathbun because they were what he used to justify his refusal to help me correct ongoing injustices he had helped perpetrate. One of his critical differences between us was:

You sold out twenty-three years ago – and are apparently still mad at yourself for the indelible taint it left. I will never sell out.
    De la Carriere repeated Rathbun’s claimed critical difference, although for her merely a huge difference, in her response to Allen:

Quote Originally Posted by Karen #1
    There are huge differences between Gerry Armstrong and Marty Rathbun.
    I will name one of them.
    Gerry Armstrong took some $800,000 settlement /hush money to be quiet and go away.
    Marty Rathbun under no circumstance would take hush money or be silenced for cash.
    Barney Rubble gave de la Carriere his stamp of approval:

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    +1, Karen you nailed it on the head. Gerry Armstrong never really had his Strategic Plan and look at him now. Wonder what he did with his payoff $.
    “Strategic Planning” is a Scientology religious rite, and a “Strategic Plan” is the Scientology religious canon that results from the Strategic Planning rite. Hubbard defined “Strategic Plan” in scripture in HCOPL 31 July 1983 “Basic Management Tools.”

A STRATEGIC PLAN is a statement of the intended plans for accomplishing a broad objective and inherent in its definition is the idea of clever use of resources or maneuvers for outwitting the enemy or overcoming existing obstacles to win the objective. It is the central strategy worked out at the top which, like an umbrella, covers the activities of the echelons below it.
    It’s true I haven’t been a Scientologist in almost thirty years, and for all that time have not practiced that Scientology rite, or accepted, written or possessed the canon or fatwah that constitutes a Strategic Plan. So in that sense Rubble’s right. But it’s like saying I never really had my adult baptism, my black mass, or my brit milah, and look at me now. I do understand that because Scientologists have their strat plan rites and constant clever maneuvering against enemies as religious expression, they view wogs who don’t constantly plan strategically, or maneuver or scheme, as inferior and degraded – look at him now.

De la Carriere responded to Rubble expanding on the huge difference she postulated between Rathbun and me:

Quote Originally Posted by Karen #1
    Barney ~~
    To be fully accurate here, Gerry Armstrong took an $800,00 settlement from the Cult.
    WHEREAS when DM sent a bunch of Lawyers to descend on Mike Rinder in Colorado after he fled offering him megabucks ~~ high six figures~~~
    Mike Rinder could not be bought for cash.
    None of the Indies whom Gerry via Caroline regularly attack as filthy liars, indeed attacking us as the scum of the EARTH wretched, deluded souls for using LRH tech ~~ none of the Indies have taken hush money $$$$ $800,000 to shut up and be quiet.
    Gerry reneged on his $800,000 settlement with CoS and thus began his long and protracted legal war with the Cult. Gerry has tried to universalize his legal problems by arguing that all people in the entire world are either “beneficiaries” or “victims” of Scientology v. Armstrong. Worse, the very Indies whom Gerry believes can extricate him from his self-created legal Hell will apparently not give him the help he needs –
    He daily screams for Marty’s help while screaming on OCMB how vile Marty is ~~
    It is almost a dementia ~~
    Having never taken a big payday from the Cult, Marty and Mike Rinder are free and say and do whatever they want.
    Unlike recent departures from INT Base, being paid huge sums of money to shut up and not go to Law Enforcement, Mike and Marty will never be bribed.
    I respect that.
    That Caroline and I regularly attack Indies as filthy liars and scum of the earth wretched, deluded souls for using LRH tech, or whatever they call Scientolopathy training or the dramatization of the Scientolopathic state, is clearly untrue. I do say that Indies, in fact all Scientologists whether Indies or Innies, are liars; and I say that because it’s true, because their lying hurts a lot of people, and because they should stop lying for everyone’s sake. I realize that lying is a core Scientology sacrament, and essential for retaining the gains of the Scientolopathic state or condition. The state in reality, however, is not valuable, and certainly is not the state Scientolopaths will attest they’re in.

Scientologists call their group and personal psychopathic state different things at various points or in certain situations in their lives; for example, “Insouciance,” “On-Sourceness,” “In-Ethics,” “Ethics Presence,” “Using LRH Tech,” “Clear,” “Homo Novis,” “Operating Thetan” or “OT,” “Tone-40” “Effectiveness,” “At Cause,” “Responsibility of Leaders,” or just plain “Responsibility,” and “Greatness.” Hubbard invented all these neologisms for his Scientolopathic state, and presented them all as positive or pro-survival. He made them all not only highly desirable, but optimum or ideal, and he sold the path to that state and how to maintain it once gained, for gargantuan sums of money. The Scientolopathic state inarguably can appear desirable and positive for Scientolopaths, but it is undesirable and negative for everyone else. The therapeutic goal for the rest of us is to get the Scientolopaths to see that their state is not in their best interests either.

I don’t think I’ve ever called anyone the scum of the earth, and don’t consider Indies, Innies or anyone the scum of the earth. I’ve never seen or heard Caroline attack anyone as scum of the earth for any reason, and that she regularly attacks Indies as scum of the earth is a ludicrous lie. We consider Scientologists in every essential way equal, and no better and no worse, than wogs. This philosophic and real position, unfortunately, is anathema to Scientologists because it is also the position that Scientology doesn’t work. The whole effort in Scientology, and the reason that Scientologists call themselves Scientologists, is to be better than wogs. This is, of course, an impossibility. Scientolopaths work to make the impossible real by lying and getting agreement with their lies. I recently wrote about lies versus truth in Scientology from a psycho-philosophical perspective in an answer to a question John Peeler asked. [4]

[4]Why Mike and Marty won’t tell the truth: http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/archives/5059

A number of people on OCMB where Caroline posts have used the idiom “scum of the earth,” but Caroline has never written it that I can find. “J. Swift,” for example, called Scientology a “scum-of-the-earth Master Race Cult.” He also wrote that, “People who make meth are the scum of the earth.” Gary Weber is quoted as writing about how he felt when leaving the cult, “I believed I was the scum of the earth, and totally useless to mankind.” It was Scientology and Scientologists making him feel that way, not wogs. A poster “CJK” provided the Scientologists’ definition for RPF’s RPF members: “RPFs RPF=scum of the earth, not allowed to talk to anyone and not allowed to leave.” “Free for Real” wrote of being a Scientologist and doing “all the things a good little cult member is supposed to do but then out of nowhere, I was the scum of the earth because I ran out of money.” It was fellow Scientologists making the broke Scientologist feel that way.

John Peeler confirmed the same thing about how Scientologists treat Scientologists, “When you’re a broke $cientologist, you’re treated like the scum of the earth.” John also described the Scientology group viewpoint about Scientologists at Gilman who wanted to live off the base, “These people were considered to be the scum of the earth for the next couple of months.” And John observed about ecclesiastical head Miscavige’s treatment of Scientologists generally, “David Miscavige gets off on treating those beneath him like the scum of the earth. He thrives on it.” It makes perverse sense for de la Carriere to be falsely accusing Caroline and me of regularly attacking Scientologists as scum of the earth, because Rathbun and his Indie Scientologists’ black PR on us is that we’re just as evil as Miscavige. In fact Rathbun and the Indies refer to the Scientologists’ victims like us as Miscavige’s best friends.

I don’t think Caroline or I ever called Indie or Innie Scientologists “wretched,” although I might have said that RPF conditions were wretched, or that RPFers at times looked wretched. The assertion that Caroline and I regularly attack Scientologists as wretched souls for any reason is just not true. I could have said that I felt wretched at times in Scientology, and not just in the RPF, because I did. So I do understand that Scientologists could still have their moments of wretchedness. A recurring thought I have is about Scientologists’ willingness to exist in wretched conditions in order to continue to support the effort to reduce the enemy to wretched conditions. One way to do that is to falsely accuse the enemy of some wretchedness, for example that he sold out or regularly attacked Scientologists as scum of the earth or wretched souls.

I did a quick search of OCMB and found that several people had used the word “wretched,” but couldn’t find where Caroline had used it. Some people called the RPF wretched, some called Scientology wretched, what Scientologists do to detractors and defectors wretched, the tech wretched, courses wretched, the scam wretched, and the religion wretched. Poster “Prufrock” surmised that, we are witnessing Scientology’s “wretched descent into the dustbin of stupid ideas.” J. Swift titled a thread, “THOU WRETCHED AND MOST FOUL SCIENTOLOGY!” He also called poster “Suzanne Marie” wretched, which was, I think, the only instance I saw where the word described a specific Scientologist. Michael Pattinson, writing as Hubbard, called his staff and the Sea Org “the wretched zombie group.” Somebody quoted Crowley from The Book of the Law, which is interesting because of its similarity to Hubbard’s “men are my slaves” philosophy:
    We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of Kings: stamp down the wretched and the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world. But nothing “wretched” from Caroline or me.

I also searched our own sites, and found that Caroline had webbed the dramatic leaving Scientology story by “Nefertiti,” who characterized a woman on the RPF’s RPF in Clearwater as looking “so wretched,” and described the scene of RPF sections mustering in columns as “a wretched sight.” Caroline did use the word once in a June 2003 letter to Miscavige:

That is what you depend upon — that good people, as Hubbard said, cannot confront Scientology’s evil. What must be done to stop this wretched evil, however, is to get good people to confront it, and even to rise up against it.[5]

[5] See Caroline’s letter to DM of June 6, 2003. http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50gran...003-06-06.html
    She is, of course, writing about the whole wretched evil of Scientology, a small and uncertain percentage of which even Rathbun, de la Carriere and their fellow Indies say is destructive, or criminal, or evil, or similar. The task for people in my position is to lay out for the Indies the rest of the Scientology evil that they’re not confronting, and instead are, unconscionably, defending, promoting and selling. The task with the Innies for people like me is to lay out as much of the entire Scientology evil as possible, which includes the portion that the Indies say they’re confronting. I am obviously in multiple positions or classes in relation to Scientology and Scientologists, but I am considering here the position or class of unwilling victims of Scientologists’ application of their Suppressive Person doctrine. And the SP doctrine and the SP class are essential for the generation of the Scientolopathic state in Scientologists.

The SP doctrine is common to both Indies and Innies, and identical in every part of Scientology. Scientologists’ application or execution of the doctrine — the dramatization of Scientolopathy — is directed at people who lay out Scientology evil for confronting — real SPs. Yet real SPs have no other real and reasonable choice but to continue to present Scientology evil for confronting. It is obvious that for the care and safety of the SP class, and for the protection of everyone, it is wogs that must confront the Scientology evil. It’s nice when a Scientologist confronts the evil they’re involved in and gets out, and, of course, ex-Scientologists are the only people who can testify to certain facts about that evil; but it is vital that the evil be made available for wogs to confront.

Scientologists like Rathbun, de la Carriere and Rubble, and in fact all Scientolopaths are dedicated to preventing this evil from being confronted, and one of their key Scientolopathic modi operandi is black PRing the real SPs who present the evil for confronting.

What Scientologists, virtually universally, have done and are doing to prevent me from telling the truth, and even persecute or fair game me for telling the truth, about what must be confronted – the times, places, forms and events comprising the Scientology v. Armstrong war – is a terrible iniquity. It manifests in a gargantuan, still pulsating public injustice that Caroline and I have made available for anyone with eyes to confront. It is a key case, the confronting of which can bring wogs everywhere to better confront the whole Scientology evil, and even set Scientologists free from Scientology and the Scientolopathic condition. This naturally makes Caroline and me targets of the Scientolopaths who don’t want their co-cultists or -conspirators to be free.

I do believe that delusion is a quasi-factor in Scientologists’ mental state or condition, and in its generation and maintenance. I do not believe, however, that de la Carriere is communicating how I actually consider delusion relates to “using LRH tech,” or otherwise acting Scientolopathically. I probably view Scientologists both generally, and very knowledgeable Scientologists like Rathbun, de la Carriere and Miscavige specifically, as less deluded than most of their critics and even their wog collaborators view them. Scientologists, of course, are trained in conning or deluding others, and have to appear deluded no matter what else they think. Miscavige himself, a supremely cynical psychopath, has to appear completely deluded at times, such as when speaking at his grandiose public events. Feigned delusion is expedient, quite clearly, to Scientolopaths to justify their Scientolopathic actions toward their victims, otherwise why feign it.
    Feigned delusion is not actual delusion, just as pretended ignorance, a very common pose or “beingness” among Scientologists, is not actual ignorance. Rathbun, de la Carriere and Miscavige are aware when they lie. They are aware of originating black PR to harm someone, and aware when they’re forwarding black PR. They are aware when they attack real SPs. They know that real SPs are people who present the Scientology evil for confronting, and that real SPs are telling the truth. Rathbun, de la Carriere, Miscavige, et al. know that Hubbard and Scientology’s victimization tech is antisocial. They know what the evil is to be confronted. They deny telling lies and doing evil to SPs, and they justify their evil acts, as any psychopaths justify their acts, with more lies, pretended ignorance and feigned delusions, such as the feigned delusion that I deserve the psychopathic treatment or handling they give me.

[…]

The following are a few more comments that are instructive in the thread on Rathbun’s blog that got into the sell-out issue. At the end I will address one more point.

The Count” wrote on August 11, 2011 at 6:00 am:

Quote Originally Posted by The Count
    That’s right Karen. There is a huge difference. Gerry Armstrong (and Caroline Letkeman) shoot at the wrong target. They attack LRH, the tech and Scientology as a generality. From what I’ve seen, I think they are both truly SP’s. Marty and Mike on the other hand are shooting at the CORRECT target, which is David Miscavige. They both know that the tech works, whereas Gerry and Caroline don’t.
    “RJ” wrote on August 11, 2011 at 8:58 am:

Quote Originally Posted by RJ
    +1
    Karen.
    Comparing Marty or Mike to Gerry and his sock puppet Caroline who spend most of their time trying to invalidate the subject and character assassinate the Ol’man is an invidious connection in my opinion even though Allan may think otherwise.
    “Fellow Traveller” wrote on August 11, 2011 at 12:47 pm, quoting Karen about her respect for Rathbun and Mike Rinder for not being “bribed” like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellow Traveller
    I respect that.
    So do I. Immensely.
    Bruce Pratt
    “Barney Rubble” wrote on August 11, 2011 at 3:07 pm:

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    Karen,
    So true. And in final thought, in a youtube video of Gerry Armstrong I saw (shot in Vancouver with Anon’s) a few years ago, Mr. Armstrong looked like he was a meth victim. When one takes bribe $ from the DM cult one will get very bad kharma.
    I might have actually seen methamphetamine once in my long ago youth. I might even have seen someone mainline it, but didn’t know what he was shooting up. I’ve never touched it or had any desire to do anything about it. I don’t know anyone that I know to be a meth victim, although a Google Images search for “meth victim” made it clear what Rubble had in mind. [31] The way ironies work, I now see I’d stumbled onto “J. Swift” in 2009 declaring meth makers, of all the planet’s humanoids, “the scum of the earth.” Rubble has his item.
    [31] Google image search>meth victim: http://tiny.cc/2wp3l

It is true that I’m lean, and I suppose that leanness is a possible condition for some meth victims. Really good runners, except for the shortest distance sprinters, are frankly all lean. I’m a runner, and black PRing good lean runners about looking like meth victims sounds like the thought and work of either the absolute paragon of physical health and perfection, or a psychopath who might not really be in the best of health at all. Rubble throws his crap from in hiding, of course, so his physical form can’t be examined for its flawlessness. Rathbun knows it’s crap and lets it stick. It helps fulfill his postulate that because I sold out – to him and his fellow Scientologists – I’m indelibly tainted on a dwindling spiral in a dark, dank dungeon and mad at myself. One would expect that an indelibly tainted guy on a dwindling spiral in a dark, dank dungeon and mad at himself could look like a meth victim.

Armstrong, G. (2011, 3 September). Who or What Sold Out? gerryarmstrong.ca. Retrieved on 6 August 2012 from http://www.gerryarmstrong.ca/archives/5

Black PR from an Independent Scientologist Michael Dobson

Michael Hobson, aka TheSneakster on ESMB 9 August 2011

Quote Originally Posted by TheSneakster
    I'm sure this is going to go over like a lead balloon:

I cannot find any definition of the word "need" that makes the thread title correct.

As I understand the various documents I've seen so far, Gerald Armstrong took the private personal papers of Ron Hubbard with which he was entrusted (can you say "fiduciary duty") and gave access to these materials to lawyers determined to get Hubbard for Mr. Armstrong's personal profit.

The above fact seems to be blithely glossed over by Mr. Armstrong's cheerleading section.

Furthermore, Mr. Armstrong has made numerous and repeated public accusations of criminal conduct on Mark Rathbun's part for which he did not and still does not have even the slightest factual evidence.

Nope, Mark Rathbun doesn't owe Mr. Armstrong so much as the time of day.

TheSneakster. (2011, 9 August). Re: Marty Rathbun needs to answer Gerry Armstrong’s questions. Retrieved on 6 August 2012 from http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...l=1#post601460
    Michael Hobson on Village Voice January 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hobson
    Gerry Armstrong has repeatedly publicly falsely accused Mark Rathbun of conspiring to have him *murdered*.
    If someone were to libel me that badly, they could expect an apology for whatever legitimate grievances they had about the time Hell Froze Over.

Michael A. Hobson Independent Scientologist

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...ment-400896657
    Gerry’s response:

Michael Hobson:
    You have made a factual assertion here that I have “repeatedly publicly falsely accused Mark Rathbun of conspiring to have [me] *murdered.*” I am challenging your assertion, and demand that you support it with evidence, or publicly withdraw it. You are making a serious charge, and I am taking it seriously.

You have demonstrated a nasty habit of black PRing good people who are already Scientologists’ fair game victims. This habit is virtually universal among Scientologists. I do not know you, but I assume you are a real person and an adult.

Clearly I cannot expect Scientologists, as you present as being, to correct your lies and black PR against wogs like me, in the same way that I might expect social, conscience-demonstrating wogs to correct lies or black PR they might originate or disseminate. Nevertheless, I will make the appropriate demand that you support or acknowledge the falsity of your charge.

You assert that these alleged repeated public statements you say I made accusing Rathbun of conspiring to have me murdered libeled him so badly that they caused me to forfeit until approximately hell freezes over any expectation a person such as you might have of an apology from Rathbun for whatever legitimate grievances I had.

I assure you and everyone else that I have never had any expectation of an apology from Rathbun for my legitimate grievances. I have not only not expected an apology, I haven’t asked for one. I don’t want an apology and don’t need one. In fact, I wrote Rathbun, and made my letter public, on September 4, 2009 expressly stating that an apology from him was not needed or wanted:

Dear Mark:
    Some people have been saying that I wanted an apology from you, or you should apologize to me, or even that you’ll never apologize to me, for the fair game you perpetrated against me and got others to perpetrate against me while you were in the Scientology organization. I want to assure you and everyone else that I am not seeking or asking for an apology. In fact, an apology from you without you doing what you can to correct the wrongs you perpetrated and are ongoing could be yet another cruelty. With your apology plus a quarter I could make a local payphone call.

What needs attention and resolution are ongoing black PR, ongoing injustices, ongoing human rights violations, and the ongoing effects of other crimes, which you were involved in and can help resolve. I know that you know this.
    Find this letter and several other letters to Rathbun on my web site. No links allowed here, I guess.

So Mr. Hobson, your choice: one way or another acknowledge that your false charge that I have repeatedly publicly accused Rathbun of conspiring to have me murdered is false.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...ment-400896657
    Without responding to Gerry’s request that Hobson produce evidence for his black PR on Gerry, Hobson then repeated the same black PR on FaceBook ca. 18 June 2012. Hobson again claimed that Gerry had made a public accusation that Rathbun tried to have him murdered.

At the same time, Hobson also falsely accused Gerry of showing up on Rathbun’s blog to demand an apology. Gerry has never been on Rathbun’s blog, and never demanded from Rathbun an apology anywhere or at any time.

Hobson claimed that Gerry followed his showing up on Rathbun’s blog to demand an apology by running around all over the Internet whining because Rathbun won't apologize. Again, Gerry has never been on Rathbun’s blog, and never demanded from Rathbun an apology at any time, and Gerry has never whined or complained at all because Rathbun hasn’t apologized.

Hobson uses his black PR to justify Rathbun’s irresponsibility and his refusal to help correct the injustices, including the black PR, that Rathbun had perpetrated.

9. Thanks Markus, PirateAndBum says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free to shine, Markus, PirateAndBum liked this post

He’s not making it easy to find, so he’s not doing a very good job of it IMO.
    And which Scientologists are black PRing Gerry?
    As you know, black PR is, by definition, covert, so when Rathbun is “not making it easy to find,” he is doing a “very good job of it.” He should take what you said as a compliment for his black PR ability and his successful application of black PR tech.

Hubbard writes in HCOPL 11 May 1971 PR Series 7 “Black PR:”

Black propaganda is, in its technical accuracy, a covert operation where unknown authors publicly effect a derogatory reaction and then remain unknown.

Hubbard, L. R. (1971, 11 May). Black PR Organization Executive Course Management Series (1983 ed., Vol. 2). Los Angeles: Bridge Publications, Inc.
    Often, the evidence of black PR is the derogatory reaction or effect of the unknown authors. See where, for example, Scientology collaborator Joseph K. Grieboski posts the black PR the Scientologists provided him, and which was probably authored by someone in RTC, such as Rathbun or Miscavige. See Gerry's letter to Mr. Grieboski of 22 December 2011.

Sometimes the authors are forced out into the open, through, for example, legal procedures, or smoked out by logic or patience. Every so often an ex-Scientologist speaks up about their knowledge of black PR, fair game or other Scientology evils perpetrated against the Scientologists’ victims. The Independent Scientologists have never done this.

Sometimes the authors give themselves away. Rathbun did this, possibly inadvertently, when he acknowledged being the author of the Scientologists’ IRS submissions, which contained a black PR attack on Gerry. See Gerry’s letter to Mark Rathbun re Black PR to the IRS.

Rathbun could have been taking a dive for the team, like taking sole responsibility for the decision to destroy the records of Lisa McPherson's final days. But his acceptance of responsibility for the relevant submissions to the IRS also goes a long way toward the assignment of personal responsibility for the black PR in those submissions.

Generally the evidence of black PR is only a tiny fraction of the actual mass of black PR the Scientologists generate, just because of the covert, hidden source and nature of black PR. Occasionally, some black PR bubbles or bursts into visibility, or even someone might be duped into publishing it as fact. Tony Ortega recently published the Scientologists’ black PR on Gerry as fact, and so did Lawrence Wright in The New Yorker last year.

Because the accumulated evidence of black PR against Gerry is necessarily only a small piece of the actual black PR, and because the sources are often hidden, Rathbun’s testimony could be very effective in bringing to light the sources and programs, and correcting that black PR. It is clear that this is the reason he withholds such testimony: he wants the black PR on Gerry, much of which he authored, to go uncorrected and to keep working.

Which Scientologists are black PRing Gerry, beyond the already identified Scientologists, will not be known until Rathbun, or perhaps some other Scientologist involved in black PRing Gerry, tells the truth about it.

Despite the known evidence of black PR being but the tip of the black PR iceberg, that evidence of black PR against Gerry really is an astonishing quantity. It is also of eye-popping quality, reaching into the upper agencies of national governments. See also Scientology's Black Propaganda and Black Ops.

One reason why there is any evidence of the Scientologists’ black PR is their unabashed and continual violation of their own scripture that cautions against the intel-PR cross. From the same PL “Black PR:”

So there is where intelligence and PR cross.

When PR goes into black propaganda (hidden source using lies and defamation to destroy) it has crossed intelligence with publicity. They don't mix well.

The action is risky to engage upon as it may run into an ex-intelligence officer or trained intelligence personnel. It may also run into a dead agent caper or legal restraint.

Anyone engaging in black propaganda is either using a wrong way to right a wrong or confessing he can't make it in open competition.

Hubbard, L. R. (1971, 11 May). Black PR. Organization Executive Course Management Series (1983 ed., Vol. 2). Los Angeles: Bridge Publications, Inc.
    The Scientologists engage in black PR, and violate the intelligence-PR crossover, because of the pervasiveness of black PR in their lives, speech and thought. In fact, black PR is command intention among Scientologists. That is why the Scientologists are so dead-agentable, that is, so easily shown to be liars.

Hubbard’s narcissism was malignant because of his intention, policy and practice of black PRing and seeking to destroy the good people who didn't feed that narcissism, or threatened his narcissistic illusion of himself. This malignancy is kept working with the Suppressive Person doctrine, which all Scientologists embrace. They seek to become living embodiments of the Hubbard malignancy. Rathbun black PRs his victims, and encourages his followers to black PR his victims. (See Rathbun’s Sitting Bull manifesto.)

Hubbard is correct in that the Scientologists cannot make it in open competition in the field of truth about their religion, its inventor, themselves and their actions. And all their black PR of the people who tell the truth about those subjects is, indeed, the Scientologists’ confession of this fact.

Hubbard continues in the same PL:

BLACK PROPAGANDA

Possibly used since the morning pale of history, black propaganda was developed by the British and German services in World War I into a fine art.

The word "propaganda" means putting out slanted information to populations.

One propagandizes the enemy population or one's own or neutrals.

In popular interpretation it is a parade of lies or half-truths or exaggerations.

PR and advertising technology and mass news media are employed as well as word of mouth and posters.

The trouble with it is that it can often be disproven, discrediting the utterers of it.

It may serve the moment but after a war it leaves a very bad taste.

If one is engaging on a campaign of this nature, its success depends on sticking to the truth and being able to document it.

Hubbard, L. R. (1971, 11 May). Black PR Organization Executive Course Management Series (1983 ed., Vol. 2). Los Angeles: Bridge Publications, Inc.
    There is no doubt that the Scientologists are engaging in propaganda when they communicate publicly on Rathbun’s blog or any other public forums. They are putting out slanted information to populations, which include the people who populate Rathbun’s blog, the media population, and every person in every population on the planet who can access the Internet. There’s a whole lot of propagandizing going on.

When these propagandizing Scientologists use lies or defamation against their victims, or the “enemy,” or “SPs,” or “haters,” the Scientologists are engaging in black propaganda. It’s malignant.

To me, it makes more sense to continue to beseech the Scientologists, as Gerry has personally done with Rathbun, to stop their black PRing of good people, than to collaborate with the Scientologists and argue that they’re not doing what they’re doing. In your argument on behalf of the Scientologists that black PR, which is precisely black PR by their scripture, is not black PR, but something other than black PR, you cannot help but black PR the black PR’s target, which you have.

Black propaganda really is the wrong way to go. Doing the right thing is the obviously more unconfrontable alternative for Scientologists generally, as well, of course, for a percentage of wogs. Because of the extreme hatefulness of the Scientologists’ black PR – toward people already victimized for telling the truth -- doing the right thing is necessarily Damascus Road-esque. I think that as long as Hubbard, Scientology and Scientologists’ long history of black PRing people to victimize them remains unconfronted among Scientologists, this Damascus Road cognition has to be prepared for. It’s hard to imagine that the hearts of all the Scientologists left in Scientology have all been hardened beyond softening.

Along with the malignant postulates toward a target that accompany black PR, is the illusion of escape from black PR’s effect, or its recoil. The Scientology indoctrination facilitates the mental escape, as well as the legal escape, from responsibility for the evil black PR does, and even allows the Scientologists to commend themselves and each other for their black PR actions.

On Rathbun’s blog, he repeats the same lie that the Scientologists told in their first lawsuit against Gerry in 1982, and which they have not stopped telling ever since. Rathbun told that lie then, knew it was a lie, knew that the judgment in Armstrong I contains the adjudicated facts and truth, knew the judgment was affirmed on appeal, knew that he was lying when he tried to get appellate decision overturned and knows he’s lying now.

Armstrong then blew, with a few boxes of LRH archives with which to defend himself.

Rathbun, M. (2012, 30 March). L Ron Hubbard’s Worst Enemy – Part II. markrathbun.wordpress.com. Retrieved on 5 August 2012 from http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/201...enemy-part-ii/
    Rathbun knows that Gerry did not blow with a few or with any boxes of LRH archives. Yet Rathbun and his followers, and knowing or unknowing collaborators, continue to propagate this falsehood. Tony Ortega published some of this ancient black PR in a recent VV article. "Tom Cruise Worships David Miscavige Like a God": A Scientology Insider Gives First Full-Length Interview to the Voice.

Quote Originally Posted by In the comments section, Gerry Armstrong
    In the above article, TO wrote: Armstrong had been a Sea Org member who had sailed on the Apollo with Hubbard;

Correct.

TO wrote: he had later been assigned the job of gathering documents for an authorized biography of Hubbard that a professional writer was being hired to produce.

Not really. I petitioned Hubbard to gather documents for an authorized biography of him, and for other purposes. Hubbard granted my petition, so I was never assigned, not that it matters.

Maybe ten months after Hubbard approved my petition, a professional writer, Omar V. Garrison, was contracted to produce the biography.

TO wrote: When Armstrong realized that original documents from Hubbard's life contradicted so much of what Hubbard and the church said about him, he spoke up about it and was kicked out of the Sea Org.

Nope. When I realized that original documents from Hubbard's life contradicted so much of what he and his Scientologist underlings said about him, I spoke up about it. In response, his key underlings, who were my immediate overlords, threatened me and brought me to consider escaping; but they did not kick me out of their cult. I accepted that Hubbard and Scientologists were not going to tell the truth and I blew, that is, escaped.

I was not kicked out of the Sea Org; I escaped. It is true that following my escape the Scientologists published a “Suppressive Person Declare” on me, which is their formalized kick-out from their cult. The SP declare is an available action in the Scientologists’ “noisy investigation” operations against people who might tell the truth about Scientology or L. Ron Hubbard. I had spoken up, been threatened, and escaped, however, before Hubbard, et al. issued their SP Declare, or kicked me out.

Kicking me out after I’ve left is a bit of an impossibility. The Scientologists like to say they kicked me out, perhaps because it makes them feel at cause in the matter, where they obsessively want to be, apparently.

TO wrote: He took those documents with him,

No. I wrote about this to your blog back in April. I actually submitted my comment twice, and saw it published. It was then deleted, fairly rapidly, let’s say within a minute. I’ve now posted this earlier comment on my own blog for ease of reference. gerryarmstrong[dot]ca/ga/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ortega-gerry-documents-2012-04-20.pdf

Lawrence Wright got essentially the same thing wrong in his New Yorker piece last year about Paul Haggis. I still haven’t convinced The New Yorker, et al. that it’s in their best interest, as well as everyone else’s, to correct their errors. I sure hope you don’t dig in your heels as hard as Condé Nast’s spikes over such a small piece of ancient history.

There’s no excuse, because the Breckenridge decision is very clear, and was affirmed on appeal. The Scientologists’ whole war on me is brimming with divine irony, but that cannot be my fault.

TO wrote: and was the subject of years of nasty litigation by the church.

Yes, Scientology litigation is nasty. And on August 2, I will have been the subject of Scientology litigation for 30 years.

TO wrote: But his documents also formed the basis for books such as those by Miller and Atack.

The “Armstrong documents” certainly helped Miller, Atack, Corydon, and others. I did not, however, take these documents with me when I left the cult. When I needed them, which, history has shown, I did, Omar Garrison gave them to me.
    God bless my friend Omar, who had his own moment on his own Damascus Road, or on his own way to murder Mohammed.
    After Gerry posted his comment, Tony Ortega edited his blog entry. Meanwhile, Tory Christman also commented on the effect of these repeated lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tory
    torymagoo44
    @GerryArmstrong Yes, thank you for these corrections. I had always heard that you had copied the originals before you left, and *that* was what Scientology was SO furious about. Interesting that Omar gave them to you. :sigh: Isn't it amazing how once ONE thing is printed incorrectly, you can spend YEARS correcting people on it? I still have that, no matter how many times I've corrected people: I never posted on the Net for OSA: Never. But that's a common misunderstanding people have about me. Glad you corrected those, Gerry!
    We have not found the incentive to get the Scientologists to stop black PRing their victims. Ignoring us is not a cessation of black PR. We do our utmost, with reason, wisdom and compassion, and with appeals to the Scientologists’ reason, wisdom and compassion, to reach them. Reason, other than its use to execute command intention, or wisdom, or compassion for their wog victims, however, are virtually impermissible and seemingly impossible among the Scientologists. (Ref. SPD 28 Suppressive Act Dealing with a Suppressive Person.) To honestly choose reason, wisdom and compassion regarding their victims could simply and sadly be beyond Scientologists’ abilities as Scientologists.

11. Thanks mnql1 says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free to shine liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron PirateAndBum's Avatar

I just want to applaud Caroline & Gerry for their consistent lucid and rational writings on these matters.

It is quite clear that Marty and those that agree with him just cannot accept the facts. It is certainly not easy to admit that their "Founder" was mentally unstable, a liar and a con-man. LRH is a huge "stable datum" for a scientologist. To shake it is to bring all god's quantity of chaos that it holds in place back into action upon them. Thus fervent attacks are required to keep those that would tell the truth from rocking the major pedestal upon which their faith is anchored.

"Scientology, well understood, is a very powerful thing. Poorly relayed, poorly communicated, monopolized or used exclusively for gain, it could be a very destructive thing." - LRH June 1955
    + He told me he was obsessed by "an insatiable lust for power and money". - circa 1980 Mayo on LRH =

13. Likes Infinite liked this post
    Spokeshole, fence sitter Claire Swazey's Avatar

Black PR is never good, Caroline.

http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50gran...d-follies.html

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast