Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The glue...the honey...the SCAM.

Default The glue...the honey...the SCAM.

They sure know how to Hollywood it up. This is why people stay in the grip of the mind meld. Scientology is a commercial and that is all it is:

!
    "Scientology: The only game in the universe where the rapist is your ethics officer." - HelluvaHoax

"Yes Scientology at this point is nothing but its own funeral. You might as well leave early and beat the traffic. " - Thrak

Default Re: The glue...the honey...the SCAM.

Even this is a rip-off of ideas and "talent" taken from other, more successful cult like endeavours. John Sculley helped take the Cult of Steve Jobs to an 8.3 billion dollar a year enterprise.

There is a fascinating interview about that here:

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...nscript_part1/

One of the key insights we learned was that you don’t sell the product, you sell the experience. We did that with Pepsi Generation, and we did that in the early ‘70s with Pepsi Generation focused on baby boomers who were then young, and we did it when color television was first appearing, and large screen color television, meaning 21-inch screens were becoming the norm in the marketplace and we went to our ad agency, and they went to the best Hollywood directors with the instructions build lifestyle commercials that can appeal to the baby boomers with experiences that they can relate to. And we want you to do them as 60-second movies.

So Apple, no excuse me, Pepsi was the first company to do lifestyle marketing and that was called Pepsi Generation. So, the Pepsi Challenge was very much built on the same principles of experience marketing. In this case, we started out in markets where Pepsi was outsold as much as 9:1
    . - John Sculley
    "Deception is the ethics of war." - John Singleton Mosby

3. Thanks Sindy says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    They sure know how to Hollywood it up. This is why people stay in the grip of the mind meld. Scientology is a commercial and that is all it is:

!
    That was boring.
    MY STORY FROM INSIDE SCIENTOLOGY: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...-Ups-and-Downs

"Scientology is essentially a spy and mind-control network set up to extract the most money it can from itís members as well as to enforce the maximum amount of production out of each individual, at minimal or no cost to the organization. Itís as simple as that." - John Peeler

5. Likes Ho Tai, secretiveoldfag liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by FoTi View Post
    That was boring.
    Wut? You don't wanna become a Patron Maximum Assholeness now?

They better go back to the drawing board.
    "Scientology: The only game in the universe where the rapist is your ethics officer." - HelluvaHoax

"Yes Scientology at this point is nothing but its own funeral. You might as well leave early and beat the traffic. " - Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

Wut? You don't wanna become a Patron Maximum Assholeness now?

They better go back to the drawing board.
    That, of course, is exceeded by patron maximus bankrupticus assholiness.

Pete

8. Likes Lone Star, Sindy liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

!

Verbatim quote from the song........

"Because we are the IAS
    And we do give a damn!"

Yeah, they have real integrity, those singing freedom fighters. They do give a damn!

That's why when the worldwide media exposed the imprisonment, terrorism and beatings of Scientologists at International Headquarters, dammit, they did something about it!

They sang a song about how great they are.

Morons.

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

10. Thanks Sindy says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lone Star, Coyote13 liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

From the extended dance-mix of "It's You...It's Me":

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

12. Thanks secretiveoldfag, Sindy says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron PirateAndBum's Avatar

Don't worry, someone in the video will escape the cult and they'll have to shitcan this like all the others.

"Scientology, well understood, is a very powerful thing. Poorly relayed, poorly communicated, monopolized or used exclusively for gain, it could be a very destructive thing." - LRH June 1955
    + He told me he was obsessed by "an insatiable lust for power and money". - circa 1980 Mayo on LRH =

14. Thanks Sindy says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax! View Post

From the extended dance-mix of "It's You...It's Me":

16. Likes Kookaburra liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax! View Post
    Verbatim quote from the song........

"Because we are the IAS
    And we do give a damn!"

Yeah, they have real integrity, those singing freedom fighters. They do give a damn!

That's why when the worldwide media exposed the imprisonment, terrorism and beatings of Scientologists at International Headquarters, dammit, they did something about it!

They sang a song about how great they are.

Morons.
    No shit! This astounding touchy feely crap while all the insane violent punishment, greed, fraud, deceit, imprisonment, etc. is happening right under their noses AND with their money is about to make my head spin off my neck. It's so surreal it scares the shit out of me. So much that a couple of times I had to ask myself if I was making this stuff up. LOL....Man, they're good at bullshit. Ya gotta give them that!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast