Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Child Abuse - Victorian Parliamentary Inquiry - stories needed!

Default Child Abuse - Victorian Parliamentary Inquiry - stories needed!

Not sure if this has been posted yet. The closing date for submissions is 31 August.

The Committee is seeking information relating to:
    • The causes and effects of criminal abuse within religious and other non-government organisations.
    • Whether victims were in any way discouraged from reporting such abuse, either within the relevant organisation or to the police.
    • If such abuse was reported, how the reporting of their experience of abuse was handled.
    • The consequences of abuse, including the effect on the victims and others, and the consequences for the perpetrator(s).
    • The adequacy of the policies, procedures and practices within religious and other non-government organisations that relate to the prevention of, and response to, child abuse.
    • Suggestions for reform, to help prevent abuse and ensure that allegations of abuse are properly dealt with. This includes both reforms to Victorian laws and reforms to the policies, procedures and practices within religious and other non-government organisations.

Here is the link:

http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/fcdc
    Last edited by wizardofoz; 19th August 2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added link
    The way out is the EXIT

Default Re: Victorian Parliamentary Inquiry - Handling of Child Abuse by Religious Organisati

It would be useful to write a small submission to this inquiry regarding your own experiences or opinion. This is probably the best forum available to tell your story. You can be sure it will be read by officials, and read in a context of wanting to understand the issues. The inquiry is held by Victorian State Parliament, but I'm sure any submission from Australia would be received.

With reference to children or families, 'abuse' might be..
    - Requirement of excessive ‘donations’
    - Restriction of educational freedom of choice
    - Punishment of dissent
    - Harassment or badgering
    - Restriction of access to information
    - Denial of appropriate time with family
    - Parent Alienation Syndrome
    - Restriction of access to appropriate medical care
    - Requirement of excessive work hours
    - A diagnosis of ‘Post Traumatic Stress Disorder’
    - Harassment (of dissenters) through the court system
    - Coverup of adverse incidents
    - Corporal punishments especially of minors
    - Complaint of illegal activity without (convictable) evidence
    - Coercive mind control practices
    - Disconnection
    - Enforced work
    - Disruption of normal family life
    - Sexual abuse
    - Physical abuse
    - Etc.

Submissions close Friday, 31 August 2012

Submission Guide: http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/ima...sion_Guide.pdf

"Your submission can contain factual information,
    opinion or both. You may want to draw the
    attention of the Committee to something relevant
    to the Inquiry. You may choose to emphasise
    solutions to the matter or issue before the
    committee. This is entirely your choice."

Please submit all electronic responses to fcdc@parliament.vic.gov.au or via the eSubmissions page.

"Of course, if it's true that Mr. Hubbard was never injured during the war,
    then he never did heal himself using Dianetics principles,
    then Dianetics is based on a lie, and then Scientology is based on a lie." - Tommy Davis

Default Re: Victorian Parliamentary Inquiry - Handling of Child Abuse by Religious Organisati

Wowzer! Those Victorians again.

Like deja vu . . . here they go again, but 49 years later.

Let's hope the other states pay attention this time.

R
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

4. Thanks SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

This is BIG!
    Please get writing guys. Can we work on alerting anyone who has told their story already and may not know about this?

Criminal abuse of children
    In the context of criminal abuse of children, criminal abuse generally includes:
    • Unlawful physical assaults.
    • Sexual abuse offences, such as rape or indecent assault under the Victorian Crimes Act 1958.
    • Any acts of criminal neglect that may give rise to child protection intervention under the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005.
    • Facilitating such offences by others.
    Sexual and other forms of physical abuse are often linked with demeaning or degrading behaviour that include verbal and emotional abuse. The Terms of Reference allow for consideration of such behaviour that may lead to criminal abuse or allow it to occur
    The Committee is seeking submissions from all religious and spiritual faiths.
    The term ‘religious personnel’ covers both ‘ministers of religion’ and other lay personnel.
    • ‘Ministers of religion’ refers to those who perform spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of religious faiths and provide motivation, guidance and training in religious life for the people of congregations and parishes, and the wider community.
    • ‘Religious personnel’ also includes employees and volunteers acting within religious bodies or related organisations.
    My Story - Becoming Free to Shine
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

6. Thanks Purple Rain, SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Likes SweetnessandLight liked this post

QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

8. Likes I told you I was trouble liked this post
    Suspended animation ... I told you I was trouble's Avatar

What Free to shine said ...

"I like pigs. Cats look down on you; dogs look up to you; but pigs treat you like an equal."

Sir Winston Churchill.

10. Thanks Free to shine says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron Cherished's Avatar

Thank you for this, FreetoShine.

I'd encourage everyone who was recruited while living in Victoria, or who worked at a Victorian org, as a child to tell their story. ie Even if the abuse happened interstate. Let them know that you were taken across state lines specifically for the purpose of being put to work (or whatever your story is).

12. Thanks Free to shine says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cherished View Post

I'd encourage everyone who was recruited while living in Victoria, or who worked at a Victorian org, as a child to tell their story. ie Even if the abuse happened interstate. Let them know that you were taken across state lines specifically for the purpose of being put to work (or whatever your story is).
    Anyone who was in the Cadet Org would have a story that would be well worth telling to the Inquiry. Any child who was left in squalid conditions whilst their Staff Member parents laboured long hours in the CofS. Children who were abused and mistreated as a result of "absent parents" etc.

If you ever had such an unfortunate experience, this is your chance to tell someone who cares. Submissions close in less than two weeks.
    Dave Gibbons - Sydney, Australia.
    I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.
    I do believe everything I write.

14. Thanks Free to shine says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cherished View Post

Can people outside Victoria do a submission?

Silver Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Free to shine View Post
    Can people outside Victoria do a submission?
    Tell me Sue, what IS the point?

You are dealing with Scientologists, LOADS of them, and I am loath to deal with any of them any more. I know your heart is in the right place, so is mine, but it is a waste of time.

We are dealing with More Rons!
    "he also introduced all of us and indeed he thrust us into his practises of cruelty, inhumanity, abuse and punishment, all of which he systematically reframed as positive and as requirements for enlightenment." - Hana Eltringham/Whifield speaking in Hamburg on the 28th of March 2010.

http://www.lermanet.com/

http:/
    /www.scientologydisconnection.com/

http://www.exscientologykids.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast