Quote Originally Posted by Adam7986 View Post
In that way auditing can actually make you "feel better" or "experience a win" by causing your mind to generate an emotionally traumatic or painful experience which never happened in the first place then causing you to experience said trauma and recover from the associated negative feelings all in a single sitting.

Its like when you get really sick and then you feel better. Even though you are only back to normal you feel amazing because you felt so terrible only a short while ago.

Except in this case someone made you sick and then made you better which means the entire procedure was pointless because you weren't sick in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A. Baker View Post
Trauma is trauma. The 'events' used to explain trauma aren't necessarily true. Many suffer trauma from events which did not in fact occur as they may recall them. Doesn't lessen the trauma, just the trustworthiness of their own particular memory of events.

Memory is not an infallible process.

Mark A. Baker

If you don't buy into the whole track, and past lives, and near infinite amounts of 'charge', it becomes like a game of fetch. A dog will run after a meaningless object because it enjoys running, and a PC will go earlier to find a hidden charge because it feels so good when charge is blown. Sometimes, stick in hand, you make the swing but don't let go of the stick. The dog runs away, but comes back with a rock or a different stick. WIN!! Good boy!!

I once used Paul's "Rub & Yawn" intro video to thrash apart some emotion that was very close to present time, and it surprised me with it's effectiveness. It left me blown out and floating on air for about 48 hours. Besides easing my mind, it gave me a taste of an amazing, unimpaired high. The feeling faded out, but it felt like the job had been done, and I wasn't too worried about trying to recapture it.

I think, like a powerful drug, this has good uses. In the case of a body injury, a dose of morphine relief might save somebody dying from shock. Where there's no injury, morphine can equal pleasure. After that, all kinds of imaginary pain might start appearing because it feels so good when the drug takes it away.

It's a weak analogy, but I don't want to chase any of those dragons. I've known people who can postulate emotional trauma, and they aren't happy.