Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The E-meter Scam

Default Re: The E-meter Scam

The e-meter has been known to be correct. For example, LRH said rock slams indicate evil purpose or intention. According to David Mayo, LRH had many rock slams.
    The main key to free a person from this cult is compassion. This is true of all cults, but it is especially true of Scientology, where, in the upper echelons, there isn't even any pretense of compassion. Showing compassion just might be the key to breaking through the person's cult identity and reaching the real person.

***Monica Pignotti - My Nine Lives in Scientology***
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/pignotti/

Quote Originally Posted by NoName View Post
    The e-meter has been known to be correct. For example, LRH said rock slams indicate evil purpose or intention. According to David Mayo, LRH had many rock slams.
    That was Otto Roos.
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

3. Thanks NoName says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    That was Otto Roos.
    I read so much anti-LRH stuff from the Old Guard all at once that I have a really hard time keeping it straight. No wonder I couldn't find dox. Thanks!
    The main key to free a person from this cult is compassion. This is true of all cults, but it is especially true of Scientology, where, in the upper echelons, there isn't even any pretense of compassion. Showing compassion just might be the key to breaking through the person's cult identity and reaching the real person.

***Monica Pignotti - My Nine Lives in Scientology***
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/pignotti/

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demented LRH View Post
    Then the needle will hit the right side of the casing, which would throw it back to the left side, and so on-- this is how the "floating needle" effect is produced.
    I'm speechless.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

6. Thanks secretiveoldfag, guanoloco, Auditor's Toad says "thank you" for this post

I know a lot about electromechanical measuring devices

-snip-

Then the needle will hit the right side of the casing, which would throw it back to the left side, and so on-- this is how the "floating needle" effect is produced.

-snip-
    Yes, the e-meter can be fooled easily, all thieves know that. Just keep your hands relaxed no matter what you say, and the needle will be floating.
    Oy vey
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

8. Thanks Auditor's Toad says "thank you" for this post

I've found a reference to a galvanometer and emotions in the British Medical Journal Sept. 28, 1907. The authors actually discuss controlling for skin surface area and pressure unlike Hubbard's (and Matheson's ?) device, and note the a similar device was studied briefly in France in 1888, and in Russia in 1890.

The cans do not control in change in surface area and pressure. I am not suggesting these two explain all so-called meter phenomena just that they are not appropriately controlled for.

10. Thanks secretiveoldfag says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Etrawl View Post
    I am sure that you know about the e-meter more than I do. But do you know why it was necessary to put markings on the e-meter dial? What do those markings represent? Are they helpful in any way?
    Which markings ?

Nevermind, somebody else answered this, uh, question.

Folks it is obvious the cult holds the e meter in reverence while we detractors don't.

The meter really doesn't matter. It just doesn't.

There are harmful, damaging, life threatening things about scientology in beliefs & practices - that does matter.

But, yes, a whole set of volumes could be written about meter.

So ? What matters ?
    Last edited by Auditor's Toad; 2nd October 2012 at 06:12 PM.

" Insist on yourself ; never imitate ".
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

" Nothing is as at last scared but the integrity of your own mind "
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

But let's say that the ammeter scale is plotted in such way that the maximum current it can show is 20 amperes, while actual current is 30 amperes. Then the needle will hit the right side of the casing, which would throw it back to the left side, and so on-- this is how the "floating needle" effect is produced.

Whoever designed the e-meter was using incorrect design on purpose.
    You were getting a "rock slam" not an F/N. Its clearly a perfectly fine design as it was getting reads from the rocks in your head.

13. Thanks guanoloco says "thank you" for this post
    Likes guanoloco liked this post
    Patron Meritorious

Quote Originally Posted by Terril park View Post
    You were getting a "rock slam" not an F/N. Its clearly a perfectly fine design as it was getting reads from the rocks in your head.
    There is no such thing as F/N, if you believe in this stuff then you are fooling yourself. Read a description of the e-meter and see that it is nothing more than a disfunctional ammeter.
    “This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm”.
    L. Ron Hubbard

No soy marinero, soy capitan del culto de mi padre.
    LRH era loco y estupido.

15. Thanks secretiveoldfag says "thank you" for this post
    Patron Meritorious

Quote Originally Posted by AussieCase View Post
    I've found a reference to a galvanometer and emotions in the British Medical Journal Sept. 28, 1907. The authors actually discuss controlling for skin surface area and pressure unlike Hubbard's (and Matheson's ?) device, and note the a similar device was studied briefly in France in 1888, and in Russia in 1890.

The cans do not control in change in surface area and pressure. I am not suggesting these two explain all so-called meter phenomena just that they are not appropriately controlled for.
    According to the scientist interviewed by Rock Center, changes in e-meter readings are caused by changes in the pressure produced by PC's hands. I totally agree with his assessment- the cans are the rheostats whose electric resistances change due to the pressure.
    “This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm”.
    L. Ron Hubbard

No soy marinero, soy capitan del culto de mi padre.
    LRH era loco y estupido.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast