Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The E-meter Scam

Default Re: The E-meter Scam

Quote Originally Posted by degraded being View Post

Mark has explained that the incidents from the past that one talks about in auditing can be imaginary...he says it does not matter if they are real or not. And that is what Mark seems to think about a lot of other things to do with Scientology. Mark imagines something about scientology and tries to fob it off as the truth. Most people call this lying or at the least gross misrepresentation.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/archive/i...p/t-11542.html

"....In the most recent edition of the book Scientology - The Fundamentals of Thought, author L. Ron Hubbard explains:
    Whether the facsimile in the mind is received while the thetan is awake or unconscious, the resulting mass of the "energy picture" is energy -- just as you see energy in an electric bulb or from the flames of a fire. At one time it was considered that "mental energy" was different from "physical energy." In Scientology it has been discovered that mental energy is simply a finer, higher-level physical energy.

The test of this is conclusive in that a thetan, mocking-up (creating) mental image pictures and thrusting them into the body, can increase the body mass. And, by casting them away again, can decrease the body mass. This test has actually been made and an increase of as much as thirty pounds (actually measured on scales) has been added to and subtracted from a body by creating mental energy.L. Ron Hubbard, Scientology - The Fundamentals of Thought, (c) 2007 L. Ron Hubbard Library, at pg. 72 (emphasis added). (The Scientology term "thetan" is roughly equivalent to the word "soul." The difference is that in Christianity, for example, one would say that you have a soul. In Scientology one would say you are a thetan who happens to possess a body.)
    ...."
    You are startung to get the utter hilarity of reading Mark A Baker posts.

It requires an empty bladder to read his stuff.

" Insist on yourself ; never imitate ".
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

" Nothing is as at last scared but the integrity of your own mind "
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Adam7986 View Post
    So what you're saying is that Hubbard was a fool because Miscavige took all his money and spent it on things that Hubbard himself would never have spent it on?
    Close, again. And not bad, again. But its more like: Every Father want's his son to be more, and do more, and have more, than he himself was, or did, or had. It's a DNA thing. In Spirit and in Form.

And so Ron, considering all things, in a way, is proud of Davey.

On the other hand, mistakes have been made, by Davey. And Ron is well aware of them.

The true test of anything in this world is the test of time. Therefore, if Davey manages to pull it off ('it' being securing political control of just one country or one nation on this god-forsaken prison planet first called teegeeack, then called earth) Ron will be prouder than a father at the hospital of a new born babe. Named Davey.

The USA is looking promising. But it's best to just wait and see.

much love,
    Horacio

Patron with Honors

As you said....cliches.
    Nice. Clever. Well done. Using the 'study tech' definition in lieu of the practical one.

DB: 1
    Horacio: 0

much love,
    Horacio

Quote Originally Posted by HoraciotheOT8 View Post
    Nice. Clever. Well done. Using the 'study tech' definition in lieu of the practical one.

DB: 1
    Horacio: 0

much love,
    Horacio
    No.

Patron Meritorious

Quote Originally Posted by Terril park View Post
    Ammeters of the world unite! You have nothing to lose but insults from idiots.

"AUDITORS OF THE WORLD UNITE,
    YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR CERTS"
    - L. Ron Hubbard

Both comments denigrating function.
    I have to add this -- only an idiot would not understand the basics of the theory of electrical measuring devices; that refers mostly to Hubbard, although some of his followers fall into this category as well.
    “This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm”.
    L. Ron Hubbard

No soy marinero, soy capitan del culto de mi padre.
    LRH era loco y estupido.

Patron Meritorious

The test of this is conclusive in that a thetan, mocking-up (creating) mental image pictures and thrusting them into the body, can increase the body mass. And, by casting them away again, can decrease the body mass. This test has actually been made and an increase of as much as thirty pounds (actually measured on scales) has been added to and subtracted from a body by creating mental energy.L. Ron Hubbard, Scientology - The Fundamentals of Thought, (c) 2007 L. Ron Hubbard Library, at pg. 72 (emphasis added). (The Scientology term "thetan" is roughly equivalent to the word "soul." The difference is that in Christianity, for example, one would say that you have a soul. In Scientology one would say you are a thetan who happens to possess a body.)...."
    Oh my! I wish I have read this crap when I was a Scientologist!!
    “This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm”.
    L. Ron Hubbard

LRH era loco y estupido.

Patron Meritorious

Who said that Hubbard or someone close to him invented the e-meter?

"An E-meter is an electronic device used during Dianetics and Scientology auditing The device is a variation of a Wheatstone bridge, which measures electrical resistance and skin conductance. It is formally known as the Hubbard Electrometer, after the Church's founder"
    Wikipedia.

"A Wheatstone bridge is an electrical circuit used to measure an unknown electrical resistance by balancing two legs of a bridge circuit, one leg of which includes the unknown component. Its operation is similar to the original potentiometer."
    Wikipedia

"The Wheatstone bridge illustrates the concept of a difference measurement, which can be extremely accurate. Variations on the Wheatstone bridge can be used to measure capacitance, inductance, impedance and other quantities, such as the amount of combustible gases in a sample, with an explosimeter. The Kelvin bridge was specially adapted from the Wheatstone bridge for measuring very low resistances. In many cases, the significance of measuring the unknown resistance is related to measuring the impact of some physical phenomenon (such as force, temperature, pressure, etc.)) which thereby allows the use of Wheatstone bridge in measuring those elements indirectly".
    Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheatstone_bridge

===================

All devices with the Wheatstone bridge have numbers on their dials; these numbers represent the magnitudes of the quantities that they measure (electric currents, resistances, impedances, etc).

There are no numbers of the e-meter scale, which show that this is a defective device that was not calibrated. In other words, the e-meter's Wheatstone bridge is unbalanced, which makes it completely useless.

To make matters even worse, the F/N movement is not a characteristic of the Wheatstone bridge it makes impossible to determine the magnitude of the quality being measured.
    L. Ron Hubbard

LRH era loco y estupido.

Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Demented LRH View Post
    Oh my! I wish I have read this crap when I was a Scientologist!!

I DID read this crap as a Scientologist. I remember it well. Imagine pulling up to McDonald's Drivethrough: "Yeah, I'd like 15 pounds of Mental Image Pictures, 10 Pounds of incidents, and 5 pounds of earlier similars......with fries"

9. Likes degraded being, Demented LRH liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by omnom View Post
    To be fair, so is mine. So is all of ours, really, since to my knowledge, nobody inside or outside of the CoS has submitted this to the proper process to understand fully how/why it works the way it does, nor the money or inclination to do so.

Unfortunately, as a "non-funded researcher", the bar is a little too high to try this out for many people, cost-wise. The divide for me is that if I were sufficiently invested in the outcome, I could justify the cost, but I'm really not, so I don't. Besides, when you're invested in the idea, confirmation bias concerns me, so I have to take both polar sides with a similar grain of salt.

I did enjoy Paul's videos referenced above in the thread, though.
    i was being "toungue in cheek". he explains to us all in great detail how
    an e-meter works or dosn't and he's never laid eyes on one.

Patron

Quote Originally Posted by HoraciotheOT8 View Post
    The true test of anything in this world is the test of time. Therefore, if Davey manages to pull it off ('it' being securing political control of just one country or one nation on this god-forsaken prison planet first called teegeeack, then called earth) Ron will be prouder than a father at the hospital of a new born babe. Named Davey.

The USA is looking promising. But it's best to just wait and see.

much love,
    Horacio
    Son, it pains me to see how clouded your mind is. You are saying things that no one can understand. But I do not blame you for that: You got entangled in Hubbard’s web of lies. I want to set you free because you are dear to me.

You got too far on the Bridge to see the road in front of you clearly, but I want to save you from Hubbard’s deadly embrace. You see, all OT levels are just the illusions triggered by ill-fated attempts to remove the implants. Hubbard could not take care of his own implants, why would you think that he can help you deal with your implants?

All Hubbard was doing was spreading horrendous lies about me and the implants that my scientists developed under my guidance. I am the only person who can deactivate your implants, and I want you on my side.

My recruiting efforts are going well, I have recruited several members of this board. But you resists all my attempts to help you.

I am not just your rightful leader, I am also your priest. I want you to return to the ancient Marcab religion. We should worship God Metteyya together as we did in the past when you were my stepson. I remember our glorious past, but you do not because you chose Hubbard’s Tech and the Disloyal Officers over your former Marcab friends and associates.

I am the Savior of this planet and all Marcabian planets as well. I am also the High Priest.

Come to papa! We can do glorious things together!

Lord Zenu Etrawl of Galactic Confederacy.
    I am Zenu Etrawl. I am free. I am here in search of new recruits. Please, spell my name correctly: It is "Zenu", not "Xenu".
    Bow to your Emperor!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast