Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: A Pair of Worn Shoes

Default Re: A Pair of Worn Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by NoName View Post
    I had a really loud disagreement with another ex over whether or not R2.45 as a joke or not. I was on the "not a joke" side of that disagreement. I had no idea that document existed.
    It's funny you mention this - about LRH joking

I had a discussion about this issu, with another ex recently
    we concluded that many insane things LRH said and we didn't protest was because we taught - as idiots - he was joking -
    but in fact he was not
    (he propably smoke big ones - or had very good pills...)

About fair game -policies - this is not joking for OSA or Sea Org.

Some will argue it has been cancelled later
    (as a pr action)
    Most former SO or former Osa will confirm , that in fact, it has never been cancelled (same for disconnection)

2. Thanks MissWog, Ogsonofgroo, Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lurker5, Free Being Me liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

By the way, this thread is a real gem! I am still resonating in a beautiful way from the marvelous O'Henry story that Face gave us. And many other of the insightful posts.

How can one not be thunderstruck by the profound fallacy in Rinder's logical and rhetorical abyss?

"Can a 'madman' influence the world for the better? Clearly so.

And therefore, who is to judge madness?

L. Ron Hubbard should be viewed this way..."

Perhaps the Indies are truly philosophers, much like Ron, gifting the world with "self-evident truths". Rinder has carried forth in the grand tradition of the Socratic Method, besting it with the modern science of the Sophistic Method, including such newly discovered knowingnesses as:

"Can a 'madman' terrorist bomber influence the world for the better by
    explosively reducing congested overcrowding on a public bus? Clearly so.

A terrorist bomber should be viewed this way."

Last edited by HelluvaHoax!; 5th January 2013 at 06:45 AM.

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

4. Thanks Type4_PTS, sallydannce, Free Being Me, afaceinthecrowd says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free Being Me, afaceinthecrowd liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax! View Post

"Can a mad terrorist bomber influence the world for the better by
    explosively reducing congested overcrowding on a public bus? Clearly so.

A terrorist bomber should be viewed this way."

No judgement here

They pulled-it in

Silver Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotus View Post
    It's funny you mention this - about LRH joking

I had a discussion about this issu, with another ex recently
    we concluded that many insane things LRH said and we didn't protest was because we taught - as idiots - he was joking -
    but in fact he was not
    (he propably smoke big ones - or had very good pills...)

About fair game -policies - this is not joking for OSA or Sea Org.

Some will argue it has been cancelled later
    (as a pr action)
    Most former SO or former Osa will confirm , that in fact, it has never been cancelled (same for disconnection)

Even if one were to (falsely) assume that Fair Game was in fact canceled, one would still be left with this impossibly paradoxical conundrum. . .

After nearly two decades of being the world's foremost expert, proponent and recipient of the beneficial effects of the "modern science of mental health" technology, why would Hubbard then (mid-1960s) even ORIGINATE a pervasively insane and criminal set of policies mandating treacherous lying, mayhem and murder?

No Scientologist or Indie Scientologist can or even hope to answer that question.

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

7. Thanks Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post
    Ex-Scientology Peon

"By their works, ye shall know them."

I don't care what PR is wrapped around L. Ron Hubbard. He created a Church, a CULTure, an organization, a system that hurt many people, and continues to hurt many people. The premise in the Rinder quote that is a LIE is that L. Ron Hubbard's work improved things for mankind. Sorry, we don't buy it, and we'll tell anyone that asks that we directly experienced Scientology over a very long period, and it harmed us, and many others all through those decades.

That others continue the harmful activities in the name of Scientology and its front groups years after L. Ron Hubbard's death does in no way remove the stain from his name. L. Ron Hubbard is to be reviled. But, heck, we're generous, we'll revile David Miscavage also, as he follows in L. Ron Hubbard's footsteps.

So there!

9. Thanks rhansrider, lotus says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Free Being Me's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 18 October 1967

[SP = Suppressive Person a.k.a. critic of Scientology]

*"The practice of declaring people FAIR GAME will cease. FAIR GAME may not appear on any Ethics Order. It causes bad public relations.

This P/L does not cancel any policy on the treatment or handling of an SP."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 21 October 1968, "Cancellation of Fair Game"

A cancellation that doesn't cancel anything. wtf. El Con's law of commotion fully practiced.
    Last edited by Free Being Me; 5th January 2013 at 07:02 AM. Reason: evil transcriptionists
    “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.” - Confucius
    “An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.” - Mahatma Gandhi
    “Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.” - Criss Jami

11. Thanks lotus, Andtheyalllived, JBWriter, NoName, sallydannce says "thank you" for this post
    Likes AngeloV liked this post
    Blog Entries

The whole implied premise is kind of lame. "Boots In The Sky" vs. "A Pair Of Worn Shoes". Some sort of subliminal crossover message, I guess.

As in - "Hubbard was imperfect (Man/but may be God/like) wicked genius , Van Gogh was crazy gift/brilliant of art, both benefited mankind greatly, regardless of their short comings".

Responsibility and beyond. Yeah, ok. And no, it still makes no sense. I do like cats and good boots/shoes though.
    "If you have an innocence of being, curiosity about life, a liking of people, and a feeling of sweetness inside, you have everything." ~ Smilla's Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by cayce-case-um View Post
    Yes, a "madman" can influence the world for the better.

See for example http://www.cracked.com/article_16559...st-insane.html. And http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/cu...mad-genius.htm. And http://news.yahoo.com/why-genius-mad...221245713.html. And much more research indicates that madness and genius may be linked in some ways.
    Well, Edison's inventions, for instance, worked.
    Truly, the colored race are the most cheerful and forgiving people on the face of the earth. That their masters sleep in safety is owing to their superabundance of heart; and yet they look upon their sufferings with less pity than they would bestow on those of a horse or a dog.

Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl by Harriet A. Jacobs
    Page 140-41

"Jesus Christ was liberal and lefty." ~ La La Lou Lou

14. Likes MissWog liked this post

This current attempt at depicting Hubbard as the eccentric benefactor of Mankind and troubled genius, likening him to Vincent Van Gogh, is an effort to distract from another conclusion about Hubbard: that he was "willfully evil. He knew what he was doing."

Hubbard's "philosophy," later called "Scientology," appeared, not during the "cold war" of the 1950s, as is fashionable to say these days, but during the 1930s, during the time of Mussolini and Hitler.

Living is a pretty grim joke, but a joke just the same.

The entire function of man is to survive. Not for 'what' but just to survive.
    [Not for what, but just to survive? as in have an impact for the sake of having an impact. "I am not interested in 'wog' morality... I can make Captain Bligh look like a Sunday school teacher." L. Ron Hubbard, 1969]

I turned the thing up
    [The Dynamic principle of Existence: Survive!] so it's up to me to survive in a big way.

Personal immortality is only to be gained through the printed word, barred note or painted canvas or hard granite
    . [Or stainless steel, or titanium, or by having 'L. Ron Hubbard' identified with people's 'survival!']

Foolishly perhaps, but determined nonetheless, I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form even if all the books are destroyed.

That goal is the real goal as far as I am concerned.

Things which stand too consistently in my way make me nervous. It's a pretty big job. In a hundred years Roosevelt will have been forgotten - which gives some idea of the magnitude of my attempt. And all this boils and froths inside my head.

Psychiatrists, reaching the high of the dusty desk, tell us that Alexander, Genghis Khan and Napoleon were madmen. I know they're maligning some very intelligent gentlemen.

...I can make Napoleon look like a punk

From L. Ron Hubbard's 'Excalibur' letter, August 1938

Your psychology is advanced and true and wonderful. It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler.

From L. Ron Hubbard's (self)'Affirmations' of 1946

"In my opinion, Hubbard was an evil man, and a willfully evil man. He knew what he was doing."

James Randi

Randi encountered a Scientologist at the earlier part of this video, and was interviewed briefly by a non-Scientologist toward the end (around 2:00), where he talks about Hubbard, Dianetics, and John Campbell. Randi knew Hubbard in the late 1940s.

Last edited by Veda; 5th January 2013 at 11:15 AM. Reason: formatting
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

16. Thanks mischief, Wants2Talk, lotus, Ogsonofgroo, Type4_PTS says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Purple Rain, HelluvaHoax! liked this post
    Patron Maximus w/Honors Type4_PTS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax! View Post
    Even if one were to (falsely) assume that Fair Game was in fact canceled, one would still be left with this impossibly paradoxical conundrum. . .

After nearly two decades of being the world's foremost expert, proponent and recipient of the beneficial effects of the "modern science of mental health" technology, why would Hubbard then (mid-1960s) even ORIGINATE a pervasively insane and criminal set of policies mandating treacherous lying, mayhem and murder?

No Scientologist or Indie Scientologist can or even hope to answer that question.

It seems that the Indies have answered this question and that the incriminating words of Hubbard weren't really his:

Excerpted from Theta News, Volume 7, Issue 23 (Published by Indie Press):
    "It has been confirmed through our investigative reporter Mike Hobson that during the years that Ron was researching the OT Levels to secure the freedom of all mankind, two psychiatrists infiltrated the mimeo section printing off issues on Fair Game, Disconnection, as well as other matters, which never received the proper issue authority, and there is no evidence that Ron was ever made aware of nor did he approve these issues. Please see attachment listing all illegitimate issues to be mailed in to the IJC (Indie Justice Chief) immediately in order to receive commendation chit filed in your ethics folders."
    www.thetapublications.com

18. Thanks Lurker5, HelluvaHoax! says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Purple Rain, HelluvaHoax! liked this post
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast