Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What Scientologists really believe

Default Re: What Scientologists really believe

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Termint View Post
    In Dianetics and scientology "mocked up" doesn't mean the same thing as "imagined", though many would argue the point. Mocked Up means, essentially, Created. ie: when someone cognites "I'm mocking it up!" they don't mean "I'm imagining it", they mean (or should mean) "I'm the one who is creating it!" (or similar). Imaginary Incidents are a specific sub-type of mockup. LOL
    Thanks. I believe you are correct.

So if one creates a mental image scene of lets say blowing up planets, what is the needle action vs when one says he did for real in an auditing session?

I don't know.

2. Thanks SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post

Thumbnail sketch; if you know it happened this lifetime, it happened to you. If it happened "before this lifetime" it might or might not have happened at all. YMMV.
    Dave Gibbons - Sydney, Australia.
    I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.
    I do believe everything I write.

4. Thanks Gib says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Gib, phenomanon liked this post
    LOL! Jump, SweetnessandLight laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Termint View Post
    Yes, that seems to be how it goes. I've run Book1, R3R, NED etc on raw PCs and when the belief in Past Lives is absent they very rarely/never go there.
    Hubbard states in dianetics about how people go thru body distortions or weird things happening to their body representing pains they have experienced while receiving engrams. Or something like that. Have you ever seen such things?

I don't know if I'm explaining myself here properly w/o picking up the book to give specific things he says.

I'm just wondering since we are free to ask questions unlike the church atmosphere and I haven't audited others except for level 0 training reguirement.

Spokeshole, fence sitter Claire Swazey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    Anyone who has audited Dianetics, to any extent, will have observed that Dianetic pcs routinely go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back.

If you want proof, get an old copy of the 1970s book 'Dianetics Today', and read Chapter 10 which features Dianetic sessions from the 1970s.

Just glancing at session number four in 'Dianetics Today', the pc is going back
    47 trillion years.

"Trying to hold two planets apart and couldn't."

So, now you have an idea. And now you know.
    Well, I have audited it and that was not my experience, but if it happens, it happens and I believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib View Post
    Hubbard states in dianetics about how people go thru body distortions or weird things happening to their body representing pains they have experienced while receiving engrams. Or something like that. Have you ever seen such things?
    Yes, I have seen some astounding physical manifestations in Dianetic sessions. Seen them with my own eyes and had others comment on them post-session. The therapy can be quite workable in some cases, depending upon the individual. I don't think there's too much doubt about that amongst experienced auditors.

I don't know if I'm explaining myself here properly w/o picking up the book to give specific things he says.

I'm just wondering since we are free to ask questions unlike the church atmosphere and I haven't audited others except for level 0 training reguirement.
    No worries, I think I understand the question.
    Dave Gibbons - Sydney, Australia.
    I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.
    I do believe everything I write.

8. Thanks Arthur Dent, Gib says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron Jquepublic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gib View Post
    Thanks. I believe you are correct.

So if one creates a mental image scene of lets say blowing up planets, what is the needle action vs when one says he did for real in an auditing session?

I don't know.
    From my own experience, yes. The needle phenomena was the same when a preclear was running an imaginary incident versus one he/she believed to be real. Granted, I only ran the Past Life remedy on two or three people (Veda's right that by the time they get to NED the majority of preclears are running whole track already) but I was surprised to see the same things happening. I rationalized it at the time by telling myself the incidents taken up were actually real and the person was just in denial of their own track.
    Last edited by Jquepublic; 2nd February 2013 at 03:08 AM.
    An organized Church is a control system by its hierarchal nature. William S. Burroughs, Naked Scientology

10. Thanks Gib says "thank you" for this post

Thanks, Anonycat ^^. You've restimulated another lock:

Quote Originally Posted by CSI brochure 1998
    FACT: There are no E-Meters in the between-lives area.

Quote Originally Posted by CSI brochure 1998
    The Mark Super VII Quantum E-Meter gives you the ability to look down the whole track and peg incidents trillions of years old with reads so large they're impossible to miss.

And what does that mean to your eternity? Everything.

12. Thanks SweetnessandLight, JBWriter, Anonycat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Anonycat liked this post

From Caroline's post above

FACT There are no valid reasons to not have the one object in this universe
    that's going to travel with you on your journey.
    Some say a Quantum e-meter.

Others say a Towel.
    Last edited by Big Farmer; 2nd February 2013 at 03:50 AM.

"Silver Cert" is actually the mandated FDA warning label area. By law, it's supposed to be in a visible location (not the bottom) in a larger, easier to read font size.

15. Thanks SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Disinfected View Post
    . . . More apropos to your question. The undercurrent in Scientology is that Hubbard was a super being, filling the "boots in the sky", come to Earth to salvage the sector, the Maitreya (Mettaya). He is not lying to us; his words are scripture (a term not internally used but nonetheless). If you do not want to believe it all then fine, you can continue; "what is true for you is true for you"; just don't openly cast doubt on Hubbard. That will land you in Qual and Ethics and your progress will grind to a halt . . .
    Ahem . . .

17. Thanks SweetnessandLight, JBWriter says "thank you" for this post
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast