Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Criminal case opened against Narconon rehab

Silver Meritorious Patron

Default New Claim of Insurance Fraud by Narconon Georgia.

New Claim of Insurance Fraud by Narconon Georgia - whatever next?

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/sp...e-fraud/nT9nT/

By Pete Combs

Already facing a wrongful death and civil conspiracy lawsuit in the 2008 overdose of a patient and battling revocation of its license by state regulators, Narconon of Georgia is now being investigated because of allegations of insurance fraud.

In a joint investigative enterprise with Channel 2 Action news and the AJC, News-Talk WSB has uncovered allegations that the Scientology-based drug and alcohol rehab program headquartered in Norcross is accused of trying to bill United Health Care $166,000 for treating 19-year old Emily Morton of Rome, Ga.

Emily’s mother, Mary, wrote a $15,000 check – payment up front and in full – to enroll her daughter in the Narconon program in March, 2012. Her family also signed an agreement with Narconon that stated the complete cost of treatment was $15,000 .
    In January 2013 CoS claimed to have more than 11,000 centres in 167 nations.
    From their own websites, they had 465 'churches' in 60 countries.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...363#post789363

2. Thanks White Rabbit, Intelligence, JBWriter, Jump says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Wants2Talk, Intelligence liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Idle Morgue's Avatar

Default Re: New Claim of Insurance Fraud by Narconon Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by secretiveoldfag View Post
    New Claim of Insurance Fraud by Narconon Georgia - whatever next?

By Pete Combs

Heh - Emily got a 40% discount off the "normal" bilking rate - I bet her family purchased a "CORNERSTONE" for Sooper Power!

Now you can count on the government getting involved in this - HEALTH CARE FRAUD~! Hip Hip Hooray!!

2013 - the year the cult died!

I think the spiral down is going to go a bit faster this year folks! The hits just keep on coming!

Scientology ~ the "science" of FRAUD!

4. Thanks Auditor's Toad, AnonSunshine says "thank you" for this post

[QUOTE=secretiveoldfag;771983]New Claim of Insurance Fraud by Narconon Georgia - whatever next?

It seems that these officials know who they are dealing with ie "the most ethical group on the planet"

THE STATE INSURANCE COMMISSIONER INVESTIGATES
     “Sounds like a problem to me,” said Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens when he learned of Emily Morton’s story. Hudgens said he has opened an investigation into Narconon of Georgia so that “we can determine whether or not insurance fraud has taken place.”

Hudgens said he has assigned a team of investigators under the supervision of Fraud Division Chief Drew Lane to look into allegations of wrongdoing on the part of Narconon of Georgia.

“Hopefully we can get there before the shredder starts running,” Hudgens said. But even if Narconon, which has been sanctioned in the wrongful death suit brought by survivors of former patient Patrick Desmond (www.wsbradio.com/s/narconon) for destroying and hiding vital evidence, does not produce records sought by Hudgens’ investigators, there are other methods of seeking that information. For instance, Hudgens said, investigators can issue a call for data to insurance companies serving Georgia, asking for information about any claims paid to Narconon.

“We have teeth,” Hudgens said. “We have been successful in getting fraud prosecuted.”

"Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through". Jonathan Swift

“Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.” Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde

6. Thanks Wants2Talk, secretiveoldfag, Idle Morgue says "thank you" for this post

Hip hip hooray!
    The main key to free a person from this cult is compassion. This is true of all cults, but it is especially true of Scientology, where, in the upper echelons, there isn't even any pretense of compassion. Showing compassion just might be the key to breaking through the person's cult identity and reaching the real person.

***Monica Pignotti - My Nine Lives in Scientology***
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/pignotti/

8. Likes AnonSunshine, Type4_PTS, Jump liked this post
    Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

Default Criminal case opened against Narconon rehab

Criminal case opened against Narconon rehab

There is a video here: http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/cri...n-rehab/vpfsh/

Narconon Georgia is being looked into for fraud, billing insurance companies for services already paid for or falsely billed.

This is big!
    Last edited by Free to shine; 1st February 2013 at 03:17 AM.
    My Story - Becoming Free to Shine
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

Default Re: Criminal case opened against Narconon rehab

Great news broadcast!

The cults religious cloaking devices aren't going to be able to protect them against this.

11. Thanks Free Being Me, Idle Morgue says "thank you" for this post

Love that video, I don't understand how NarCONon is covered by insurance to begin with.
    Yes lurkers you are not alone, everyone thinks Scientology is creepy, it's not just you

http://www.mediacurves.com/Religion/...logy/Index.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by Free to shine View Post
    Criminal case opened against Narconon rehab

There is a video here: http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/cri...n-rehab/vpfsh/

Narconon Georgia is being looked into for fraud, billing insurance companies for services already paid for or falsely billed.

This is big!
    Great video of the news segment!

14. Likes MissWog, Free Being Me liked this post

Thanks for posting this Free! I knew it was coming out tonite but got caught up i other things. Very excited about all this. These crooks are going down!
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

16. Thanks tetloj says "thank you" for this post
    Banned

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast