Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roger Jon Ellory, a Scientologist ?

Default Roger Jon Ellory, a Scientologist ?

Hello guys,

I'm a French journalist, inquiring on R.J. Ellory - he's a much praised author here in France. I'm trying to understand his role in Scientology over the years - I understood he was an auditor in Birmingham the 80s, but what now ? I read somewhere he was now HES ? Did any of you know him and might share a bit of your knowledge with me, so that we could expose the truth ?

Best !

Julien

2. Thanks Idle Morgue, Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
    I was in a Space Alien Cult called Scientology. Scientology: the prison of belief.

4. Thanks Rapt Reader, SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post

Default Re: Roger Jon Ellory, a Scientologist ?

I did a google search and saw that someone commented on this article stating that " At 0.13, we see the famous author RJ Ellory " in one of these three Birmingham church videos:
    Birmingham in the House! Another Jaw-Dropping Scientology Video
    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...ngham_in_t.php

The comment states:
    Edwin Stratton
    Sep 16, 2011

At 0.13, we see the famous author RJ Ellory. He's the chap with the red hair, white sweater, black trousers. Roger is a 'Richard and Judy book club' recommendes, and currently on sale in my local Asda. He has also been the chief auditor at Birmingham Org since the 1980s. In his books, he has described himself as working in the field of 'drug rehabilitation'.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=ntt_at...=R.J.%20Ellory
    He's also an Honor Roll member of the International Association of Scientologists ( IAS )
    http://www.truthaboutscientology.com...er-ellory.html
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

6. Thanks Rapt Reader, Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post

His wife is or was the public executive secretary - PES - at Birmingham Org
    A recent PR piece states:
    "
    Vicky Ellory, the Church's Public Affairs Director in Birmingham, said: "The planning still has to go through and it is quite hard to estimate exactly how long the restoration will take but I am hopeful that we will be in there 12 months from now. "
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/SCIENT...R.-a0307945416
    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...restore-298378

Here is more on Vicky
    http://www.truthaboutscientology.com...ky-ellory.html
    http://www.scientology-london.com/br...cky-ellory.php
    http://www.scientology-london.com/br...cky-ellory.php

Roger used to be a staff member according to this comment. there is more info there but it's posted anonymously
    https://whyweprotest.net/community/t.../#post-2180417
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

8. Thanks Rapt Reader, Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post

Thanks for your help !

I've caught a few pictures of him at a fundraising in 2011 for the new Birmingham HQ - the ones present in the video released. I also read a text he published in the Greenfiel School Blog last year. But I still don't understand if he's still a chief auditor, or if he has a different role... His wife Vicky, though, seems to be still a prominent figure, promoting these new HQ in the press...

Quote Originally Posted by kiwolah View Post
    Thanks for your help !

I've caught a few pictures of him at a fundraising in 2011 for the new Birmingham HQ - the ones present in the video released. I also read a text he published in the Greenfiel School Blog last year. But I still don't understand if he's still a chief auditor, or if he has a different role... His wife Vicky, though, seems to be still a prominent figure, promoting these new HQ in the press...
    I doubt he's a staff auditor anymore. He's a celebrity now... perhaps infamous in the current but a celebrity never the less. The idea is that as long as his wife is on staff, they are contributing and will give him some slack. What they try to do is use him to promote scientology and it's programs. I am sure they are 'handling' him for having faked his own reviews, thereby endangering the church PR wise, and his celebrity status

11. Thanks Rapt Reader says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post
    I doubt he's a staff auditor anymore. He's a celebrity now... perhaps infamous in the current but a celebrity never the less. The idea is that as long as his wife is on staff, they are contributing and will give him some slack. What they try to do is use him to promote scientology and it's programs. I am sure they are 'handling' him for having faked his own reviews, thereby endangering the church PR wise, and his celebrity status
    Good analysis. So he might just be off the regular staff, but still helping through other ways - especially financial ways...

13. Likes Rapt Reader liked this post

Good analysis. So he might just be off the regular staff, but still helping through other ways - especially financial ways...
    I don't think he's current staff at all. Just his wife is. He's an auditor and might come in now and then to help out but staff are on 2.5 yr and 5 yr contracts and most can't wait for a way to get out of re-signing another one. No, if he's at the org, it's probably as a volunteer, now that he's a big celebrity..... but this is just my impression from experience with how that all worked when I was in Scn. Better to verifiy it by finding someone here who has been to Birmingham Org who may know someone with insider info.

The guy who runs the Scientology-London website you mentioned, he would be abble to find out if anyone could.

Thanks AnonyMary ! I guess you're right on his current status. I've been trying to contact ex-Scn John Duignan, who said he had known him during his years in the cult. I hope he'll have time to answer me and give me more insight on his "active" years.

He's often describing himself as dividing his time between writing and working in the field of drug rehabilitation. Since the man has been rewriting his own history several times, I was wondering if the latter part was a way for him to cover up his activities in Scn. I'll try to dig a little more on that.

Thanks AnonyMary ! I guess you're right on his current status. I've been trying to contact ex-Scn John Duignan, who said he had known him during his years in the cult. I hope he'll have time to answer me and give me more insight on his "active" years.

He's often describing himself as dividing his time between writing and working in the field of drug rehabilitation. Since the man has been rewriting his own history several times, I was wondering if the latter part was a way for him to cover up his activities in Scn. I'll try to dig a little more on that.
    If he is using drug rehabilitation as part of his rewrite of history, then he will have to rewrite that again. Drug rehab, scientology style is bad for public image now!
    I was in a Space Alien Cult called Scientology. Scientology: the prison of belief.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast