Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Narconon Lawsuits : 20 ongoing, new case DAVID G URE VS. NARCONON VISTA BAY

Silver Meritorious Patron

Default Re: Narconon Lawsuits : 20 ongoing, new case DAVID G URE VS. NARCONON VISTA BAY

This is not a nuclear strike but death by 1000 cuts. Add on legal costs to settlement costs and consider negative publicity and the creeps who run Narconon must be beginning to wonder if the game is worth it.

So far this is only a handful of cases. Hundreds or thousands of other Narconon victims can sue on the same grounds. I hope they do. They deserve it.
    In January 2013 CoS claimed to have more than 11,000 centres in 167 nations.
    From their own websites, they had 465 'churches' in 60 countries.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...363#post789363

Default Ryan Hamilton hits 11

There are so many threads on Narconon I didn't know where to put this, but here it is, at Tony's

http://tonyortega.org/2014/06/02/rya...rk/#more-15156

"..Ryan Hamilton files lawsuit number eleven against Scientology’s drug rehab network

Las Vegas attorney Ryan Hamilton isn’t slowing down. He’s filed another federal fraud lawsuit against Scientology’s drug rehab facility in Nevada — Rainbow Canyon Retreat in the remote town of Caliente — bringing to eleven the suits he’s filed in recent months against similar centers in California and Colorado..........."
    I was in a Space Alien Cult called Scientology. Scientology: the prison of belief.

Default Re: Narconon Lawsuits : 20 ongoing, new case DAVID G URE VS. NARCONON VISTA BAY

A consistent theme in these lawsuits is that they offer no drug counseling. What they are missing is the lens that Hubbard viewed drug addition through. In his world view, if a person found out the truth on human nature ( he is an ageless spiritual being trapped in a body ) who can, via the purif, scientology training and auditing, rise above his addiction, why would he need any drug counseling? Such was Hubbard's ego, his belief in his world view, and the audacity of his belief in his tech's efficacy.

And, it turns out, his Achilles heel.

Mimsey

4. Thanks eldritch cuckoo says "thank you" for this post
    Likes AnonyMary liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Mimsey Borogrove View Post
    A consistent theme in these lawsuits is that they offer no drug counseling. What they are missing is the lens that Hubbard viewed drug addition through. In his world view, if a person found out the truth on human nature ( he is an ageless spiritual being trapped in a body ) who can, via the purif, scientology training and auditing, rise above his addiction, why would he need any drug counseling? Such was Hubbard's ego, his belief in his world view, and the audacity of his belief in his tech's efficacy.

And, it turns out, his Achilles heel.

Mimsey
    In other words, since Narconon is based on Hubbard's tech, it is bunk. Unscientific unfounded dangerous bunk.
    In January 2013 CoS claimed to have more than 11,000 centres in 167 nations.
    From their own websites, they had 465 'churches' in 60 countries.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...363#post789363

6. Likes AnonyMary, Jump, Intelligence liked this post

I saw this on Face Book,,, the other day, and have to post it.

This guy, Mike Hoy, was my landlord for a couple years in Los Angeles... (in the late 1990s up until the summer of 2001). Mike Hoy was an OT 7 Comp around 1995?

We also worked at the same company for awhile.....a scientologist owned Real Estate Mortgage Servicing Company in Glendale.

I see now that he has moved to Clearwater and is head of Narconon East US.

We use to grab a Burrito near the house he owned and rented rooms in....at a place called El Tarrinos.....they had great burritos...

We would chat and were somewhat friends.

Once he was in a funk about his marriage ...( and four kids)....one time while we were hanging out....and he confessed to me..."it was a Purif romance."

Also this guy, Mike Hoy.....now head of Narconon East US.....once told me that he had been "Moses" in a past life. ( don't know what to say about that....? But I didn't believe it.)

And a few more tidbits....Mike told me. Mike Hoy was raised in West Virginia, rather poor....and played the Clarinet as a kid.

Something about his Face Book Photo.....something way off....IMO.....seems like a well hidden raving lunatic to me.

Edited to add this gem: Mike's wife...can't remember her name off hand....use to come over to the rental house also, once in a while, and we'd talk. During one of our chats, she confided to me that she "was sure (one of her young kids) had been Elvis Presley in a his past life."

Edited: by the looks of the bracelet ....looks like Mike Hoy has done OT 8 ?
    Last edited by Leland; 20th October 2014 at 03:53 AM.

8. Thanks eldritch cuckoo, Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! Lurker5 laughed at this post
    Patron Meritorious

Quote Originally Posted by Intelligence View Post
    WOW!!! - 20 ongoing cases......tx for posting this, Mary
    Yes, Mary is doing a great job! The number of lawsuits is astonishing, I thought it was about 5 only. Boy, was I wrong!
    “This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm”.
    L. Ron Hubbard

No soy marinero, soy capitan del culto de mi padre.
    LRH era loco y estupido.

That OT bracelet doesn't mean he's done OT8. I had a solid gold one and I'd just completed OT5. Nobody said there was any restrictions as to who could buy them.

You can buy just about anything in the CofS if you've got the money.

11. Thanks Leland, eldritch cuckoo, AnonyMary says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Demented LRH View Post
    Yes, Mary is doing a great job! The number of lawsuits is astonishing, I thought it was about 5 only. Boy, was I wrong!
    Thank you Demented LRH. It's a concerted effort by volunteers at Narconon Reviews and Reaching For The Tipping Point forum to get these cases known of and documented. ethercat / Ann is the one making all this possible. I'm just the one trying to get the news and some article out when I am not researching things. We get many complaints about the program over at the forum and by email.. So much is happening, it's hard to keep up with it all.

There are actually over 40 current lawsuits going across the USA! We have a total of 84 posted up at Narconon Reviews as of Oct 8th. Still have many more court complaints to get hold of and post.... we do this as volunteers and it can get expensive. Here is Ann's latest blog post about recent additions to our collection of lawsuits:

22 More Lawsuits Involving Narconon Added, Total: 84
    Written by Ann on October 8, 2014 · 1 Memo

We have added 22 lawsuits to our collection, some new and some old, bringing the total to 84.
    http://narcononreviews.net/narconon/...dded-total-84/

We have section at Narconon Reviews called Resources where we post documentation Here's the Researchers index
    Narconon Lawsuits
    Narconon Surveys
    Inspection Reports
    Formal Reports
    Formal Complaints
    Informal Reports
    Informal Complaints
    Open Records Requests
    Links for Researchers

We also have sections for Potential and Former Clients of Narconon

Appreciate your support. Thanks
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

13. Thanks JBWriter, Leland, mclovin says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron Wants2Talk's Avatar

Sunday afternoon, watching a Dragnet marathon on COZY TV, when on comes a lawyer's ad asking victims of Narconon to contact the law firm!

15. Thanks Jump, Little David, Type4_PTS, AnonyMary says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Type4_PTS, AnonyMary liked this post
    LOL! Leland laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by Wants2Talk View Post
    Sunday afternoon, watching a Dragnet marathon on COZY TV, when on comes a lawyer's ad asking victims of Narconon to contact the law firm!

How fun!! Tony O mentioned and posted the ad today...

Meanwhile, other attorneys are watching. We told you that an attorney in Michigan filed two lawsuits within a week recently that appeared to be modeled on Hamilton’s suits. We’ve learned about a California attorney who quietly filed about a dozen lawsuits in state court there, and we’ll be bringing you more about him and his suits soon. And many of you noticed that an attorney in Bloomington, Minnesota suddenly started advertising that he’s looking for plaintiffs to sue Narconon, and he’s even advertising on television nationally…
    http://tonyortega.org/2015/02/08/rya...abs-is-denied/

Published on Feb 7, 2015

A law firm advertisement targeting Narconon...
    TiredofMainStrmMedia

It appears law firms are using the "Ryan Hamilton" playbook targeting Narconon.

This commercial aired on AntennaTV KTLA 5.2 on February 6, 2015 at approximately 2:55 P.M..
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

17. Thanks eldritch cuckoo, Little David, Leland, Wants2Talk says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Type4_PTS, Wants2Talk liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast