Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Travolta "Outed" by Margaret Cho - Video & Blog (via HuffPo)

Default John Travolta "Outed" by Margaret Cho - Video & Blog (via HuffPo)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/margaret-cho/outing-and-why-gay-celebrities-need-to-leave-the-closet_b_3209460.html

^^^^ Margaret Cho's blog entry and the video clip from her Australian comedy tour. She doesn't mention Co$ but does mention Tom Cruise - not sure if that implies Co$.

Edit: Found YT video if you don't wish to read Ms. Cho's blog post on HuffPo.

JB.
    Last edited by JBWriter; 4th May 2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: added YT video

2. Thanks Anonycat, Infinite, In present time says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Adam7986, Boson Wog Stark liked this post
    LOL! phenomanon, Wants2Talk, Ogsonofgroo, Osiris, Jump laughed at this post

Default Re: John Travolta "Outed" by Margaret Cho - Video & Blog (via HuffPo)

While we're on the topic...

John Travolta "Outed" by Carrie Fisher - (Old News)

"Of course, if it's true that Mr. Hubbard was never injured during the war, then he never did heal himself using Dianetics principles,
    then Dianetics is based on a lie, and then Scientology is based on a lie." - Tommy Davis

4. Thanks svonhatten, Infinite, In present time says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JBWriter liked this post
    LOL! xseaorguk, Infinite, Osiris, Adam7986, JBWriter laughed at this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron In present time's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JBWriter View Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/margaret-cho/outing-and-why-gay-celebrities-need-to-leave-the-closet_b_3209460.html

^^^^ Margaret Cho's blog entry and the video clip from her Australian comedy tour. She doesn't mention Co$ but does mention Tom Cruise - not sure if that implies Co$.

Edit: Found YT video if you don't wish to read Ms. Cho's blog post on HuffPo.

JB.
    well, he explaination at the huffpo link is worth reading. i didnt even know she was gay, and was initially unimpressed and maybe a little angry of her so called outing of john. i better understand where she is coming from after reading her statement.

6. Thanks Adam7986, JBWriter says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! xseaorguk laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by In present time View Post
    well, he explaination at the huffpo link is worth reading. i didnt even know she was gay, and was initially unimpressed and maybe a little angry of her so called outing of john. i better understand where she is coming from after reading her statement.
    Hi, IPT

I think Ms. Cho self-identifies as queer and is married to a male, but agree with you that the blog post provides a good explanation for what she says/does in the video.

JB.

It is a shame that scientologists can't be open about themselves. They always have to appear perfect, if they show any imperfections it makes it look like the tech doesn't work. It's not that the tech doesn't work but that the 'aberrated' scientologist is out ethics. Perhaps, and this is a little contraversional, perhaps being gay is not as peculiar as pretending to be straight when you're not.

Everywhere in the modern world there is neglect, the need to be recognized, which is not satisfied. Art is a way of recognizing oneself, which is why it will always be modern. (Louise Bourgeois)

Patron Meritorious

I watched the video and read the post. She did not offer one shred of evidence. She just kept saying over and over that he is gay and doing imitations. I don't care if he is or isn't. I would like to know for the sake of curiosity, but all I hear are accusations. Where is the evidence?

10. Thanks JBWriter says "thank you" for this post
    WTF? xseaorguk said WTF? to this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reasonable View Post
    I watched the video and read the post. She did not offer one shred of evidence. She just kept saying over and over that he is gay and doing imitations. I don't care if he is or isn't. I would like to know for the sake of curiosity, but all I hear are accusations. Where is the evidence?
    true that... and she was a little manipulative, bringing up dead aids patients as a reason he should just come on out. but by the same token making what came across as degrading joke abouts gays. probably JT loves everybody as in bi-sexual.
    and god know scn has cost him plenty, he might still have Jet had he never got involved.
    one day i will tell the story about how john and I almost got married. nah HUGE exxageration there, but i had lots of friends that knew him from dal-jet where he used to park his plane in dallas. one of my "wog" friends who worked there showed him my picture, and told him what a good little scientology girl i was, he was interested... a date was set for me to meet him on the field. i showed up at love field for the meeting, but my friend got caught up in houston for the evening because some good acid had become available. so, i never got to meet john. come to think of it, that is the story, the rest was only my fantasy.
    i was never really a big JT fan until i showed up on a saturday night at the southwest mission in dallas to unpack my things to become a brand new staff member. it was such a cool party atmosphere with the soundtrack of staying alive blaring. as a tidbit, although maybe no one knows and even fewer care, dean stokes was sleeping with the staffy girl that recruited me while Vicki was at flag, melanie? if I am wrong let me know./. just in case anyone wondered why Vicki then hooked up with rik aznaran. before that i had no idea JT was a $cn.
    and disco had already ruined any gig my band could get, old hippies freakin hated disco. it changed everything in the music scene.
    I think JT is a sweet person, and even after all these years the cult doesnt seem to have ruined him.
    Last edited by In present time; 4th May 2013 at 08:45 PM.

12. Thanks Ho Tai says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free to shine liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Reasonable View Post

Hi, Reasonable

Are you saying all you hear are accusations and asking where the evidence is in the video? Or does your comment/question pertain to the entire topic, as covered by the various media outlets these last two years or so, as regards Mr. Travolta's sexuality?

Ms. Cho is a stand-up comic/performance artist who related she'd worked with JT on a film. Has she the right to comment about his, or anyone else's sexuality? Most folks would say she does. Is it 'entertainment'? Is it 'fair'? I know only this: Should Mr. Travolta's attorney(s) file suit against Ms. Cho, we would all know more than we know now. If no suit is filed, however, what are we to think?

JB.

That blog post was very moving and is exactly how I feel when it comes to celebrities and Scientology. All of the celebrities that support scientology are supporting abuse and all of the celebrities who lie about their sexuality are supporting homophobia.
    My Personal Blog:
    http://dbloch7986.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JBWriter View Post
    [/B]

Hi, Reasonable

Are you saying all you hear are accusations and asking where the evidence is in the video? Or does your comment/question pertain to the entire topic, as covered by the various media outlets these last two years or so, as regards Mr. Travolta's sexuality?

Ms. Cho is a stand-up comic/performance artist who related she'd worked with JT on a film. Has she the right to comment about his, or anyone else's sexuality? Most folks would say she does. Is it 'entertainment'? Is it 'fair'? I know only this: Should Mr. Travolta's attorney(s) file suit against Ms. Cho, we would all know more than we know now. If no suit is filed, however, what are we to think?

JB.
    well, and there was that slew of nasty lawsuits against him a couple of years ago from masseurs. but even then, they all said what a sweet guy he was.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast