Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Church of Scientology becoming Gay Friendly?

Default Church of Scientology becoming Gay Friendly?

Okay....Moar Cognitive Dissonance on the Scientology Front.....

Today I ran into an old friend who is somewhat "still in". She doesn't really do much anymore in the cult, but she hasn't made the break yet either. During our conversation I asked her about a married couple who've been on staff together for quite a few years. She said that they divorced last year. Not a big surprise since marriages are usually short lived in the cult anyway. Jokingly I asked her if "Suzy" just finally got sick of "John's" bullshit. Then the bombshell dropped....."Well, actually Suzy came out as being gay", she said.

After I picked myself off of the ground I asked if "Suzy" was promptly routed off of staff after coming out. My friend says, "No she didn't renew her staff contract several years before they divorced, but she is still going in and doing courses and receiving auditing regularly. John told me that the Church is totally gay friendly now. In fact he also said that Scientology is one of the most gay friendly religions in the world. They cater exclusively at their West Hollywood center to gays."

To which I replied...."". How can this be? The church Ron built gay friendly? WTF? Are they going to come out with a Gay Basics and Lectures package with all negative comments towards homosexuals deleted? Help me!!! I'm infected with a bad case of Cognitive Dissonance!! What is this West Hollywood center? I need Dox!!

Oh well, in the spirit of this news, whether true or not, let us enhance it with a little K.D. Lang....

2. Thanks TG1 says "thank you" for this post
    Likes In present time, Garcia Robot liked this post
    LOL! Auditor's Toad, lotus, Panda Termint, R6Basic, Thrak and 1 others laughed at this post

Default Re: Church of Scientology becoming Gay Friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Okay....Moar Cognitive Dissonance on the Scientology Front.....

Today I ran into an old friend who is somewhat "still in". She doesn't really do much anymore in the cult, but she hasn't made the break yet either. During our conversation I asked her about a married couple who've been on staff together for quite a few years. She said that they divorced last year. Not a big surprise since marriages are usually short lived in the cult anyway. Jokingly I asked her if "Suzy" just finally got sick of "John's" bullshit. Then the bombshell dropped....."Well, actually Suzy came out as being gay", she said.

After I picked myself off of the ground I asked if "Suzy" was promptly routed off of staff after coming out. My friend says, "No she didn't renew her staff contract several years before they divorced, but she is still going in and doing courses and receiving auditing regularly. John told me that the Church is totally gay friendly now. In fact he also said that Scientology is one of the most gay friendly religions in the world. They cater exclusively at their West Hollywood center to gays."

To which I replied...."". How can this be? The church Ron built gay friendly? WTF? Are they going to come out with a Gay Basics and Lectures package with all negative comments towards homosexuals deleted? Help me!!! I'm infected with a bad case of Cognitive Dissonance!! What is this West Hollywood center? I need Dox!!

Oh well, in the spirit of this news, whether true or not, let us enhance it with a little K.D. Lang....

Now I'm thinking of all the hot women in the cult that I'd like to see "hook up".
    Nice to see KD Lang, but call me a cynical old bastard if you like, I just don't believe it.
    Everywhere in the modern world there is neglect, the need to be recognized, which is not satisfied. Art is a way of recognizing oneself, which is why it will always be modern. (Louise Bourgeois)

4. Thanks TG1, Auditor's Toad, Lori, SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by La La Lou Lou View Post
    Nice to see KD Lang, but call me a cynical old bastard if you like, I just don't believe it.
    I tend to agree. But the now outed Lesbian still doing services has been verified. The West Hollywood center and the "gay friendly" thing is still very suspect though.

6. Likes TG1 liked this post
    Genuine Meatball SchwimmelPuckel's Avatar

Here's what it looks like: Scientology has always accepted gays who payed up.. When they had no more money, or would'nt pay up no more, someone suddenly recall* Hubbard's holy scripture about gays being 'covertly hostile' and worse bedbugs than wipers in yer' bedlinen (or some such shit..)

No news to us who knows Scientology...

*Nah.. The scientologists knew 'policy' all along. They're just 'business savvy' in the scientological way.
    Last edited by SchwimmelPuckel; 11th May 2013 at 12:08 AM.
    Ask not what Scientology can do for you, ask what the F#*¤CK is going on!

8. Thanks TG1, Auditor's Toad, Lori, Lone Star, SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! Adiren laughed at this post

One Lesbian on lines I can, just, believe.

At lower org staff level your world view is very much what you had when you got into the cult, there are staff around who are not homophobic, who just wouldn't see anything odd about a woman who had a girlfriend. the worse indoctrination is done in the SO. So yes I can imagine that someone could be on lines who is known to be gay. 2d rules does apply, in theory. The moment the evil cropped headed 1.1 butch-dyke takes a dungaree clad step out of line, though, the goldenrod gets pulled out and is covered in made up generalities.

John Travolta has been on Ellen and I've seen Tom Cruse on Graham Norton. When it's going to give them exposure they will be seen hugging and joking with openly gay people. I think they can't look too homophobic, people would react, so unlike in the seventies they have to pretend to be gay friendly.

But since they're now buddies with NOI, they can't look too Gay friendly. The PR chaps are really gong to be confused. Where's that nice spokesman these days to explain it all to us?

Everywhere in the modern world there is neglect, the need to be recognized, which is not satisfied. Art is a way of recognizing oneself, which is why it will always be modern. (Louise Bourgeois)

10. Thanks Lone Star says "thank you" for this post
    Likes clamicide, Free to shine liked this post

By the way, here's scientology's bed fellow talking about how homosexuality started in Afro Americans being perverted by America and how there are no gay Africans (mostly because they killed, and so have to be very hidden, but he missed that bit out). I bet he's missing some big witholds in his audience.

12. Thanks TG1, Lone Star says "thank you" for this post

I'd just as soon they hate me for being queer, then it's mutual.

The cult always knew I was gay. I told them so early early on. I was so fucking stupid I thought they were LGBT positive. It wasn't until years after I left that I realized the truth, that they were content to have me around paying for services, they were glad to churn me for $$. But as long as I was fierce and proud I would never really progress up the bridge. Hell they barely let me set foot on it. But they got my money.
    I should like to bury something precious in every place where I've been happy and then,
    when I'm old and ugly and miserable,
    I could come back and dig it up and remember.

― Evelyn Waugh, Brideshead Revisited

Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by La La Lou Lou View Post
    I think it might be true. I know of two gay individuals doing courses and receiving auditing at my old Org. I think it's a brilliant move on the part of this cult. Nowadays being homophobic is as politically incorrect as being anti-Semitic. And, money is money, no matter from whom it comes from. I'm just surprised they didn't go gay-friendly sooner.

TP

15. Thanks Lone Star says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Telepathetic View Post
    I think it might be true. I know of two gay individuals doing courses and receiving auditing at my old Org. I think it's a brilliant move on the part of this cult. Nowadays being homophobic is as politically incorrect as being anti-Semitic. And, money is money, no matter from whom it comes from. I'm just surprised they didn't go gay-friendly sooner.

TP
    Yes what is leading me to also believe this is true is the fact that the person who came out is a long-time member who was on staff for I believe two five year contractual terms. I can't supply more details, but I'll say that the other person who said that the CoS caters to gay people in West Hollywood is in a position to know. She's another long time member and former staff member who's in regular communication with current staffers.

Maybe the Dwarfenfuhrer is doing damage control to handle Paul Haggis' damaging testimonial in Lawrence Wright's article and book?

17. Thanks TG1 says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Yes what is leading me to also believe this is true is the fact that the person who came out is a long-time member who was on staff for I believe two five year contractual terms. I can't supply more details, but I'll say that the other person who said that the CoS caters to gay people in West Hollywood is in a position to know. She's another long time member and former staff member who's in regular communication with current staffers.

Maybe the Dwarfenfuhrer is doing damage control to handle Paul Haggis' damaging testimonial in Lawrence Wright's article and book?
    These two individuals were on course and receiving auditing prior to the Haggis incident. Though I'm sure Haggis' public announcements spooked the Tiny Tyrant into being even more accepting of these people who suffer from such,"aberrations."

This psychopath wants, above all, money, that's true. But, the next item on his list, I think, is to become mainstream, to be accepted by the society at large. Good luck to him on getting that target done.

I like your term for the Mini-Monster!

TP

19. Thanks Lone Star says "thank you" for this post
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast