Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Marty is no longer a Scientologist or an Independent Scientologist

Default Marty is no longer a Scientologist or an Independent Scientologist

Ripple In Still Water
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/201...n-still-water/

Relevant excerpt:
    By popular consensus among independent Scientologists, communicated in various ways, the core ideas I propose and what I do cannot be accepted under the title ‘Scientology.’ I accept that. So, there is no more reason to discuss the chapter of trying to win folk over to my ideas to the contrary. It is history.

I do not go by any labels and I am not a member of, nor am I affiliated with, any groups.

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Default Re: Marty is no longer a Scientologist or an Independent Scientologist

So he is now an ex-Scientologist. Fancy that.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

This proves the concept that leaving Scientology is a process, not an isolated event; finally, we are past hope. We can now add Marty to the ranks of the exes, lol
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

4. Thanks oneonewasaracecar, Lori, Gib, Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post
    This proves the concept that leaving Scientology is a process, not an isolated event; finally, we are past hope. We can now add Marty to the ranks of the exes, lol
    That would mean joining a group.
    Everywhere in the modern world there is neglect, the need to be recognized, which is not satisfied. Art is a way of recognizing oneself, which is why it will always be modern. (Louise Bourgeois)

6. Likes R6Basic liked this post

So, how does he plan to make a living now?

I assume if he is no longer a Scientologist he is also no longer an auditor?
    "We're so sad we're getting old it made us restless. I'm so mad I'm getting old it makes me reckless."
    Adele - When We Were Young

8. Thanks Purple Rain, AnonyMary says "thank you" for this post
    Likes AnonyMary liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron uncover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu Belle View Post

No, he is only a squirrel now.... per definition.
    "Scientology & the FZ - where mental illness is celebrated as a win called OT." (C) 2013 by HelluvaHoax!

"To get involved in Scientology is a mistake any good person could make. But to stay involved for a lifetime requires sadism or some degree of masochism." (C) 2014 by HelluvaHoax!

10. Likes Sindy liked this post
    LOL! WildKat, AnonyMary laughed at this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

He doesn't exactly say he's not a Scientologist. It's only that he doesn't say he is one. But in context, this is a big deal.

There have always been people — orthodox CofS people — who have refused to acknowledge 'indy' Scientologists as Scientologists. So the 'indies' have always acknowledged that their claims to be Scientologists are controversial. They've also acknowledged that their opponents are unlikely to be convinced. So in that sense, the literal content of Rathubun's new post is nothing new.

The difference is just what he doesn't say. Until now, "Some people will never agree that we are really Scientologists" has always been the cue line, to be followed immediately by, "But of course we really are." Rathbun has left that unsaid, for the first time, I think. I think that is a sort of Rubicon.

It's only a sort-of Rubicon, because he does still leave a certain window open: if anyone else does want to call him a Scientologist, he's not denying it. So people who don't want to give up the label aren't yet compelled to give it up. Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose ends with a very elliptical Latin sentence: "Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus." Most ways of reading it hold the same general gist, though: when the life has gone out of something we once thought beautiful, the last thing we hold onto is its name.

12. Thanks JBWriter, AnonyMary says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu Belle View Post

Not exactly:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/201...n-still-water/
    We have been pretty much closed to folk visiting Casablanca over the past few months while I wrapped up Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior. Now that the book is done and available I am scheduling people again for consultation.
    Based on my several years of Scientology training/practice and based on my several more years of outside-of-Scientology study and practice, I deal with people one on one to try to help them move on up a little higher. My view is that certain Hubbard principles integrated into and used in such wise brings about lasting results. Conversely, robotically-applied, wholesale reliance on those principles leads to capture, captivity and ultimately to anguish. Those principles that don’t lead one any higher, or worse lead him or her lower, don’t figure into a program seeking transcendence from frightened, delusory states. Incidentally, I am convinced that such principles won’t become any more popular either, no matter how much marketing, commanding and fighting one wants to apply to them.

I suggest I can help with a) repair Reverse-Scientology application people may have experienced, b) repair/rehab any grade or level that might be incomplete or ‘out’, c) put one’s Scientology experience into perspective from which growth is possible, d) graduate people from the cult and any lingering cult think, or fixation with the cult experience people might be walking around with, e) guide people toward a meaningful transcendence from their Scientology-inflicted obsessions, and f) help OTs transcend the captive, glass ceiling dimension they’ve been led into.
    So as to avoid any conflict or possibility for misunderstanding, I ask anyone interested in my services to first read Memoirs and What Is Wrong With Scientology? That will give you a good sense of my philosophy about the subject of Scientology and those subjects it overlaps with. A number of people have told me that by simply reading and thinking with either or both of those books helped them to resolve that which they would have come to me for help to remedy. So, you might save yourself time and cheddar by simply reading what I have already had to say. On the other side of the spectrum, I want people to know what I am about in advance so that we don’t waste your time or mine scheduling you for an activity that will offend you by conflicting with your religious beliefs.

14. Thanks Purple Rain, Sidney18511, AnonyMary says "thank you" for this post

Perhaps of interest:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/201...comment-267503
    The Oracle | June 5, 2013 at 1:25 am | Reply

“I have found that those who would presume to tell us how we should audit have very low stats when it comes to delivering services and do not have pcs who disseminate for them.”

I think it’s a little worse than that. Actually, far worse than that. They are out here terrorizing the field and worthy people who are helping and they are blowing people off the bridge with gross and abusive out tech and their form of “ethics”. Every single one of them I have met who are “on a mission to put other people’s ethics in”.

They make the space unsafe and muddy. Restimulate the 3D case mocked up in the Church. Rip people off, inhibit things which assist survival and assist things (each other) that inhibit survival.

They are for the most part sociopaths and pathological liars seeking and demanding obedience and the purpose is to DOMINATE and NULLIFY. Underneath the mask of “love for L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology”. No matter the claims of status and education I found they can not think with Scientology. So they do not use it. They only ENFORCE it and use it to harm others. Scientology does not work in the enforce band.

Two of these “Holy pillars of the Church” “On a mission to put in ethics in” , are currently being investigated for willful tax evasion and fraud. They are Criminon public. Along with David Miscavige.

16. Thanks Purple Rain says "thank you" for this post

Also, I suspect Marty is no longer going to do his biography of Hubbard.

I wonder why?

18. Thanks Purple Rain says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! oneonewasaracecar laughed at this post
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast