Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "They will lie, steal, and cheat for their religion without a twinge of conscience"

Patron Meritorious MostlyLurker's Avatar

Default Re: "They will lie, steal, and cheat for their religion without a twinge of conscienc

I like how Marty has changed his point of view on scientology.
    “It is simply not true that we are trapped in this universe. There is no way out of this trap for the simple reason that it wasn’t a trap in the first place. Therefore, any sign-post that purports to point to "the way out of the trap" must either be meaningless or else point the way into a trap.” ― from Letter to a Scientologist by Per-Olof Samuelsson

2. Thanks AnonyMary, Osiris, Idle Morgue says "thank you" for this post
    Patron Meritorious

Default Re: "They will lie, steal, and cheat for their religion without a twinge of conscienc

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyLurker View Post
    I like how Marty has changed his point of view on scientology.
    He's getting there but still has a few light years to go. He is still in denial about Elron's original intentions, Oatee levels & whatnot.

4. Thanks Lurker5, Osiris, Idle Morgue says "thank you" for this post

And thus the price of the ultimate ring in Scientology is the forfeiture of one’s conscience.
    You can say that a million times over.
    "Scientology: The only game in the universe where the rapist is your ethics officer." - HelluvaHoax

"Yes Scientology at this point is nothing but its own funeral. You might as well leave early and beat the traffic. " - Thrak

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    If Marty was on fire, I wouldn't piss on him to save his sorry ass.
    Not even to salvage his body so it can be further tortured for all of eternity?
    "Scientology: The only game in the universe where the rapist is your ethics officer." - HelluvaHoax

"Yes Scientology at this point is nothing but its own funeral. You might as well leave early and beat the traffic. " - Thrak

7. Thanks Purple Rain says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! Type4_PTS, Lurker5, Osiris, Spirit, Good twin laughed at this post
    just another son of God

Quote Originally Posted by Good twin View Post
    That's okay. I would.
    So would I if I was pissing gasoline at the moment. He is just another puppet dangled by the dark forces, just like DM.
    I am the Son of God and so are you. ---Jesus Christ

So would I if I was pissing gasoline at the moment. He is just another puppet dangled by the dark forces, just like DM.
    Tell me about these "dark forces".

10. Thanks Type4_PTS, Osiris says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! Lurker5 laughed at this post
    just another son of God

Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    Not even to salvage his body so it can be further tortured for all of eternity?
    Let his carcass burn, damn his soul!
    I am the Son of God and so are you. ---Jesus Christ

From what Mosey was saying on that interview I think that Marty had to go through all of this to find out what he believes for himself. He was making himself ill by not auditing when he believed in it so deeply, but now that he has been doing it in the real world he has been having a chance to think and experiment for himself.

Two things I admire about Marty are that he is not afraid to change a position and not afraid to admit it. Who knows where the road will lead but I think that if he ever aspired to "lead" Scientology that is not the case now. I think his goals have shifted as well - what he values in life and wants out of life.

I think he is happier than DM by lightyears and knows it. I don't think he'd trade places. Just like I said before that it was like Hubbard sold his happiness for a pot of soup, just looking at Alexis' family alone, let alone Nibs' family - he was really like King Midas in the end. All of this gold and nothing truly worth loving left in his life. I think Marty's life is full and becoming fuller and I think he sees that and treasures that. And I think that maybe he knows he has hurt people and wants to give something back.

Then again I have never met the man and this is just my impression through seeing the excerpts of his posts on threads on this board, watching videos that feature him and talking to people who have met him. Also I project way too much - both positively and negatively. But I still think I'm right about Marty. I think he's a work in progress and Mosey is his muse. I think we'll all be surprised by the time his life finishes. I think he will take a path nobody suspected when he was first out - whatever that is.
    "Of course, now the worst kind of a trap of all, of course, i...is...is a...a beautiful woman. Uh...- that's a theta trap we all know. That this...that this is the worst type, the most deadly, but uh...again that's just a trap."

PDC-9: Anatomy of Processing - Energy Phenomena/Sensation
    L. Ron Hubbard

"Jesus Christ was liberal and lefty." ~ La La Lou Lou

13. Thanks Gib, Lurker5, AnonyMary, kate8024, Sindy says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rain View Post
    From what Mosey was saying on that interview I think that Marty had to go through all of this to find out what he believes for himself. He was making himself ill by not auditing when he believed in it so deeply, but now that he has been doing it in the real world he has been having a chance to think and experiment for himself.

Two things I admire about Marty are that he is not afraid to change a position and not afraid to admit it. Who knows where the road will lead but I think that if he ever aspired to "lead" Scientology that is not the case now. I think his goals have shifted as well - what he values in life and wants out of life.

I think he is happier than DM by lightyears and knows it. I don't think he'd trade places. Just like I said before that it was like Hubbard sold his happiness for a pot of soup, just looking at Alexis' family alone, let alone Nibs' family - he was really like King Midas in the end. All of this gold and nothing truly worth loving left in his life. I think Marty's life is full and becoming fuller and I think he sees that and treasures that. And I think that maybe he knows he has hurt people and wants to give something back.

Then again I have never met the man and this is just my impression through seeing the excerpts of his posts on threads on this board, watching videos that feature him and talking to people who have met him. Also I project way too much - both positively and negatively. But I still think I'm right about Marty. I think he's a work in progress and Mosey is his muse. I think we'll all be surprised by the time his life finishes. I think he will take a path nobody suspected when he was first out - whatever that is.
    I think he has realized that making a living by using Hubbard's con game to fuck people out of their money isn't all that it''s cracked up to be
    Yes lurkers you are not alone, everyone thinks Scientology is creepy, it's not just you

http://www.mediacurves.com/Religion/...logy/Index.cfm

15. Thanks Gib says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Gib liked this post
    LOL! Type4_PTS, Lermanet_com laughed at this post

Let his carcass burn, damn his soul!
    You do know I was being sarcastic, right?

Can I also just say that the juxtaposition of your frantic bug next to your infinity symbol gives me a bit of a headache. Is that a "dark force"? I'm confused.

17. LOL! Type4_PTS, freethinker laughed at this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast