Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friendly Greetings

Gold Meritorious Patron Churchill's Avatar

Default Re: Friendly Greetings

Tamlin,

As one "newbie" to another, welcome to ESMB. I have to tell you that, in my brief time here, I've found this "place" to be welcoming, thoughtful,
    and rather stimulating due to the diversity of views being freely expressed.

Might I suggest you google Religious Cloaking in Scientology. I think it will provide context with regard to recent events, and afford you the
    opportunity to "peek behind the curtain" of the worlds fastest shrinking "religion."

Again, WELCOME!

2. Likes aegerprimo, Free Being Me liked this post
    Patron with Honors

It's not just that human rights are abused under cover of religion but that religion is a cover.

In the current hearings there are these funny moments where CoS states that CSI is only administrative and then the judge says "so that's not a church" and the lawyer answers "they call it the mother church". It may have become obvious to the judge that the whole setup is to escape the law. I've seen with my own eyes Miscavige go around and give orders to organizations even below CSI level. All his briefings at the quarterly events are to be interpreted as orders.

The fact is CSI, CST, RTC (even Bridge and New Era) are not churches in any sense that people understand (a place of worship), they're business corporations which use the church cover to underpay their staff and avoid taxes.

The only thing "worshiped" in Scn is Hubbard. He's worshiped the way dictators are worshiped. His word is the law and having bad thoughts about him is a blaspheme of sorts. As for Miscavige he's called Dept 21 by high execs of the Sea Org. (Dept 21 is Source, the Office of L. Ron Hubbard)

You present the situation as if there are two sides : members and ex-members.
    Certainly it is necessary to have compassion toward the members, if only because they are abused and defrauded.

But both members and ex-members are abused and defrauded by the "church". The two actual sides are a cult on one side and the people who have fallen prey to their practices on the other. The members just happen to be used like robots and as a shield. Divide and Conquer.

4. Thanks Free Being Me, hpm1999 says "thank you" for this post
    Likes aegerprimo, Free Being Me, hpm1999 liked this post
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tamlin View Post
    Perhaps the ideas mesh a bit better when someone has been through the actual processes...but that's the kind of thing I'm hoping to learn more about here.
    Well now, since you mention it . . . .

Lots of free procedures in my signature; procedures you can DO personally, not just read about. Reading about processes isn't really worth shit in terms of developing a visceral understanding. Most of them aren't exactly Scientology, but if you blow off some charge you'll get an idea of why Scientology can be so addictive despite all the attendant hardships. For best results follow the instructions.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Patron with Honors

From Tamlin
    .................................................. ............
    One of the things that especially interests me is how the goals you mention develop such an overriding importance so quickly. There are very few things that inspire people to leave their previous life behind that way. Heck, I have a hard enough time trying to change a bad habit, let alone changing the focus of my life. It's rather mysterious to me.
    Ha! ‘Rather mysterious’ is an understatement. It is THE biggest Mystery. I am a relative newbie and a ‘never-in’ too. So I explain it to myself as something irrational, like I fell in love with my ex-husband, there is no explanation. (Unless I am totally mistaken)

Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    Well now, since you mention it . . . .

Lots of free procedures in my signature; procedures you can DO personally, not just read about. Reading about processes isn't really worth shit in terms of developing a visceral understanding. Most of them aren't exactly Scientology, but if you blow off some charge you'll get an idea of why Scientology can be so addictive despite all the attendant hardships. For best results follow the instructions.

Paul

I find yawning fascinating. Gurdjieff thought that yawning is pumping energy from some partially external source, similar to laughing. I don’t know. Animals yawn, but can they laugh? Gurdjieff also said Jesus never laughs in the Bible, I don’t know if he yawns, mayby he does not need to.

Paul, do you have an explanation why yawning works? Just a short one?
    I know you yawn when you blow charge, so is it releasing energy or pumping energy?

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alle G View Post

Paul, do you have an explanation why yawning works? Just a short one?
    I know you yawn when you blow charge, so is it releasing energy or pumping energy?
    A summary of my ideas about how it seems to work is here: http://paulsrobot3.com/1st/rub-and-yawn.htm. Any physical activity (sports, digging the garden etc) can help blow charge too and thus be therapeutic (as in the idiom "blowing off steam"). Yawning is mostly involuntary, and kicking a ball is mostly voluntary, so the distinction between releasing energy and pumping energy is blurred.

Paul
    Last edited by Dulloldfart; 15th September 2013 at 01:33 PM.
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

9. Thanks Alle G says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Alle G liked this post
    Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by xemnu View Post
    Certainly it is necessary to have compassion toward the members, if only because they are abused and defrauded

But both members and ex-members are abused and defrauded by the "church". The two actual sides are a cult on one side and the people who have fallen prey to their practices on the other. The members just happen to be used like robots and as a shield. Divide and Conquer.
    RIGHT= this was truth became apparent about 18 months ago (I left just more than four years ago) when I did happen to open the "famous" Mark Bunker Video whereby he had a hand held cam corder and was attempting to gain entrance into a CO$ "public" event celebrating the American Independence Day. Mark treated the people (who did confront him with hatred bordering on insanity or silliness) with kindness and understanding-being firmed in his stance against CO$. Later I either read or did hear him say "Look I see these people as the VERY PEOPLE I AM TRYING TO REACH- they are the VICTIMS" and thus his kindness and understanding.

That Video had a terrific affect on me with Mark Demonstrating THE PROMISE of SCIO whilst these guys were demonstrating SP behavior!

Maybe MARK should start a cult!
    "Life is the cruelest teacher; first she gives the test, then teaches the lesson." Leonard Bernstein

11. Thanks Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post
    Likes aegerprimo, JBWriter, Free Being Me liked this post

Hello Tamlin!

Great to have you here! I am a noob to ESMB and have been warmly welcomed here by the "old-timers" and other noobs. The stories I have posted of my time in Scientology have been appreciated. Better late than never to speak out about the dangerous cult of scientology. I am grateful for the compassionate insight, intelligent opinions and experience of the people here - both ex-scientologists and never-ins alike.

The objectivity you can bring to this place is valuable!
    "...There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened..." - Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Scientology Through The Door - my interview (#316)

13. Thanks Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Tamlin View Post

Hi NoName
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. If I may ask, why did you leave so quickly? I get curious as to why some jump in with both feet and never look back, and others reject it or drift away. I've got my theories about it, but it's far better to hear from those who have been there.

I lurked around Marty's blog, too. For a never-in, that was way above my head, so I didn't even try to communicate. But it's funny...I found Marty's blog before anything else, because we weren't living too far away at the time (not in the same town, but the same general area) I told the local paper then, there's this unusual story here, why not do something on it? They said no, there's no interest (they weren't exactly a shining example of journalism, btw.) A few years later, we move inland, and the next thing we know, the Rathbuns are here too...and now we're covering Monique's court case. :O How weird is that? But it seems a little like destiny to get a second chance, because this story might be a very important one in the history of the church.
    I suppose my deal was that I'd heard a lot of bad stuff about the cult being money hungry. But I also thought that there was maybe some good to be gotten out of the "Tech" with auditing. I also thought it was possible to maybe not take everything literally, but I didn't realize that was an "acceptable truth" and that people really did take stuff literally. But I found that out after I blew, so back to my blow cog...

I belong to a Pentacostal denomination that believes people can get communication directly from God. I've not experienced it very much in my life, but I did experience direct communication from God when I had my blow cog. God told me to leave.
    The main key to free a person from this cult is compassion. This is true of all cults, but it is especially true of Scientology, where, in the upper echelons, there isn't even any pretense of compassion. Showing compassion just might be the key to breaking through the person's cult identity and reaching the real person.

***Monica Pignotti - My Nine Lives in Scientology***
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/pignotti/

15. Thanks Free Being Me, aegerprimo, Udarnik says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lurker5, Udarnik liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Udarnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoName View Post
    <snip>I belong to a Pentacostal denomination that believes people can get communication directly from God. I've not experienced it very much in my life, but I did experience direct communication from God when I had my blow cog. God told me to leave.<snip>
    When I was a kid, we had some Pentecostals visit our (Baptist) church pretty regularly, relatives of some of our members from down in New Orleans. They weren't snake handlers (most if not all of those guys in WVA are white), but they practiced glossolalia, and that left a really weird taste in my mouth - even back then I was something of a linguist, and I could pick out recurring patterns that corresponded more to a baby's babble than to meaningful speech. Later I saw the linguistic and neurological analyses that bore out my obeservations from back then.

Does your church practice glossolalia? When I was in the USSR, I took some messages and packages to relatives of people I knew in the US in Pinsk. The ones in the US told me that though they were Pentecostals, that Pentacostals in the USSR were more like Baptists here. I was a bit skeptical, but they were correct about the Byelorussian Pentacostals - no speaking in tongues, no rolling in the aisles. You mentioned you had Korean roots, and I know a few Korean Christians, and it seems the same there - what one denomination is known for in the US is not what is practiced in the same denomination outside the US, so I was just curious.
    Imagine, if you will, a load of horseshit. And we’re not talking just your average load of horseshit; no, we’re talking colossal load of horseshit. An epic load of horseshit. The kind of load of horseshit that has accreted over decades and has developed its own sort of ecosystem, from the flyblown chunks at the perimeter, down into the heated and decomposing center, generating explosive levels of methane as bacteria feast merrily on vintage, liquified crap... -- John Scalzi

17. Thanks Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast