Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AOLA's Michael Silverman resurfaces . . . albeit briefly

Silver Meritorious Patron ILove2Lurk's Avatar

Default AOLA's Michael Silverman resurfaces . . . albeit briefly

Michael Silverman resurfaced on Tony O's blog, albeit briefly . . . about 4-5 posts one day about three months ago.

http://tonyortega.org/2013/06/29/whe...ment-946428752

A bit about where he's at today and what he's up to. What he thinks about his past work.

I know a lot of people on this board know him or have a history with him, so I'm posting this information as a "public service."

Also, he's on Facebook with a current photo. (Make sure you're logged on to FB first to view his content.)

https://www.facebook.com/michael.silverman.167

I guess we'll see if anybody cares or not.

2. Thanks renegade, HappyGirl, aegerprimo, Type4_PTS, Lynn Fountain Campbell says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron Lynn Fountain Campbell's Avatar

Default Re: AOLA's Michael Silverman resurfaces . . . albeit briefly

Quote Originally Posted by ILove2Lurk View Post
    Michael Silverman resurfaced on Tony O's blog, albeit briefly . . . about 4-5 posts one day about three months ago.

http://tonyortega.org/2013/06/29/whe...ment-946428752

A bit about where he's at today and what he's up to. What he thinks about his past work.

I know a lot of people on this board know him or have a history with him, so I'm posting this information as a "public service."

Also, he's on Facebook with a current photo. (Make sure you're logged on to FB first to view his content.)

https://www.facebook.com/michael.silverman.167

I appreciate that he never tried to crush-reg me.

<3
    Lynn
    No matter how far down the wrong road you've gone, it's never too late to turn back."
    -- Chinese proverb
    Crimes Within Church of Scientology thread
    Exercising freedom of speech at www.shearperfection.com/blog
    and http://www.twitter.com/hair101

4. Likes Enthetan liked this post
    LOL! HappyGirl, TG1, Enthetan laughed at this post

I remember his daughter Jenny more.

But I remember Michael Silverman was assigned to the RPF's RPF and SP declared and not allowed to talk to anyone. He was in a big trouble hole. It was late 80's or early 90's. Can't remember what he did, but I was down in the pits with him. Actually at first he was not even allowed to talk to other people on the RPF's RPF until he did A to E. Awkward.

He always seemed so cheery and jolly to me. Never really ran across him any other time in the SO.

Good to hear he is out and doing ok.

Thanks for the info!

I didn't realize he was even out.

I heard him talk several times, went to a couple of his seminars around 1986-87. One which included the 'tech' on how to win at Blackjack at Vegas.

He was always very entertaining.

How long has he been out for?

Silver Meritorious Patron ILove2Lurk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Type4_PTS View Post
    How long has he been out for?
    Here is the 1990 SP Declare: https://whyweprotest.net/community/t...eclare.109273/

8. Thanks Type4_PTS says "thank you" for this post

Missed the Bunker posts, thank you! I had one reg cycle with Mike Silverman. I remember him as likable and persistent, and when I said no a few times he didn't get extreme, and let me go. I remember thinking "he has high havingness," by which I meant "he's not desperate like other reges."

Amusing now that I felt privileged and grateful to be let off the hook by a reg. What a culture!

Mike, if you find this thread, I hope you post.

10. Thanks HappyGirl says "thank you" for this post

Hmmm... Pretty sure this was what I was talking about. He was not booted out of the SO as normally done with an SP declare. He was sent to the RPF's RPF at this time. He must have gotten out later.

I am 99.9% sure that this SP declare did not get him released from the grasps of the Sea Org.

Crusader

What a fuk'in joke reading that SP declare.

Namely,

"Through a thorough investigation of's Michael background, it was found that he has a history of financial irregularities over the last 14 years."

LOL.

It took them, the church, or somebodies on the comm ev,

14 years to find this out. What a joke.

So much for the e-meter finding the truth.

WTF.

13. Thanks Gizmo says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Gizmo, Ogsonofgroo liked this post

Well Luv to Lurk, I must really apologize. I totally did not realize those posts you found at the Bunker were his. Nor did the picture in his avatar look like the memories I had of him. Even a young him. I really believed they were somebody else. Sigh.

Well, I guess I have to thank you for your derail, it was way way better than my derail of your derail. Thank you.

Mimsey

15. LOL! ILove2Lurk laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by Bea Kiddo View Post
    Hmmm... Pretty sure this was what I was talking about. He was not booted out of the SO as normally done with an SP declare. He was sent to the RPF's RPF at this time. He must have gotten out later.

I am 99.9% sure that this SP declare did not get him released from the grasps of the Sea Org.

I worked with Mike for many years.

There was more than one time when he was on the RPF. He was assigned in 1983 (along with me and a boatload of other people). At the time, ASI was releasing the book Battlefield Earth. Mike was pulled off the RPF for a "special assignment" to sell books.

It was bizzare. A bunch of us RPFers were at ASI doing renos and Mike, who was also on the RPF, walks in in a three piece suit with a briefcase.

He was assigned to the RPF again around 1989 or 1990, before his actual declare was issued. Mike at that time was doing a lot of tours. He was assigned around that time. Issues were: out-2D on tour, financial stuff, etc. I can't remember if it was this time or the first time he had a "provisional declare". This is a DM invention where the person is on the RPF (or RPF's RPF) but is actually "declared". (However that's supposed to work.)

Sea Org managmement and Michael aways had a rough relationship. The public loved him, especially in the lower orgs. He would go on tour to these orgs, give events, talk, do magic tricks. He was kind of a celeb. Though management liked the fact that he made money, they hated the fact that he had a following. He was a very smart, very funny guy, and was always controversial.

He had a big talent for "figuring out" people's accounts. At some point in the late 80s he was taken off as a reg and put onto arrivals. He would go through a person's account folder and figure out ways that they actually had an intensive or intensives of auditing paid for, so he could get them in as an arrival. (This sounds odd unless you are familiar with what an actual account folder looks like for someone who's been in Scientology for a while.) He was great on the arrival's lines, but of course at some point this flapped with management and he was crucified for "financial irregularities".

I was sad when he was declared in the 90s, but even at the time, being on staff, I was kind of happy for him. No matter how much money and bodies and PR he generated for the org, I knew that sooner or later he would just get blown away again. He would never be treated well in the Sea Org. He was just too much of an individual. I'm glad he's out and he's happy now.
    "We're so sad we're getting old it made us restless. I'm so mad I'm getting old it makes me reckless."
    Adele - When We Were Young

17. Thanks Lynn Fountain Campbell, Ted, Type4_PTS, ILove2Lurk says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Dean Blair, TG1, Ted, Type4_PTS, Bea Kiddo liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast