Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AOLA's Michael Silverman resurfaces . . . albeit briefly

Gold Meritorious Patron Churchill's Avatar

Default Re: AOLA's Michael Silverman resurfaces . . . albeit briefly

Quote Originally Posted by Michael SILVERMAN View Post
    Hello again-Michael Silverman here again. Periodic messages are more interesting.
    I just had to comment on people's
    memory of the events regarding me and Scn.
    They are very imaginative for the most part and quite amazing. For the record,
    I was declared, did the Rpf, went back on post in the org (administration not reg)
    was put back onto the reg post by the then ed int. Then got comm eved even without being there and finally officially declared and interestingly enough, the declare used was the one from 1990, even though the next declare was over 1 year later and I had been on post through late 1991! Not too much nuttiness there!
    My financial irregularities (never written in detail in any ethics order)
    Consisted of taking peoples old money on account and having it pay for services that they could have purchased when the money was first given to the org. For example if you paid for the clearing course and we're now a dianetic clear, that money would have covered a 12 1/2 hr. Intensive plus left over money.
    I did this openly and not hidden in any way. When chastised about this practice,
    I argued on the public'sector behalf, and it was due to me and me alone, that new Ot8 was delivered for $428.56 as part of the original ot package, even though "new ot8 wasn't the the same as old ot8". One argument against me was that if it wasn't designated as paid in full on an invoice then it was not paid for! That argument is so illogical I won'the comment further. I just knew all the old rates and let the old money pay for what it could have when it was originally paid.
    By he way, there was an amnesty in late 1991 which I took. I took this while off post with a bad back, and never did return to post until the comm ev results kicked me out. The amnesty alone left no "evidence" with which to comm ev me but that didn't
    stop me being thrown out . Lucky me!
    I did receive the status of Kha Khan which I used twice, and which was subsequently taken via an earlier comm-ev. and thrown out. More wonderful and illogical Scn. Justice! So there you are. Officially updated. I'm happy and well, retired and enjoying my life. I hope you are too.
    My love to all

Michael

Hi Michael,

I'm glad that you're out and that you survived the experience!

You should post here, if possible. I know you've got some good stories to tell.

Len Zinberg
    -Len Zinberg

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid
    the consequences of avoiding reality.

www.xenu.net

www.tonyortega.org

2. Likes Enthetan liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

We like to demonize regges here but if you are in the Sea Org, Michael would be the difference between Rice & Beans and a real meal. My sincere condolences for Ruthie's passing.

4. Thanks Enthetan says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JustSheila, Gizmo liked this post
    Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Mimsey Borogrove View Post
    I can tell you from personal experience dealing with him, he would sell some weird packages, that he came up with based on his research into your treasury file. I never had a problem with AOLA delivering, but after he had gone, and I would say "But Michael said..." they would roll their eyes, or put their head in their hands and groan. No reg I knew of had a clue how he came up with the package deals he did when they read his tiny writing in your file.

Yeah, he was a trip. I had known Ruthie from the 80's and a nicer person than her doesn't exist. The last I saw her was few weeks before she went into the hospital. If she hadn't told me she was ill, I wouldn't have known it.
    Mimsey
    it was ALL on the up and up. Prices started going up in the mid 70’s. 1976, I think, October. And they would go up 5% a month for years. And then they would, very infrequently, plunge for a “buy now” and then gradually go up again.

There were price lists that were published every few months that would project the prices, and Michael would hang on to these. People could buy all of the OT levels, prior to the release of NOTs for $2850. All of these OT levels would be pro-rated when delivered and figured out on the Value of Service Delivered stat.

When the “new OT levels” came out, Michael was not successful at getting the Church to deliver the new OT IV, and V at the old prices, as these were now HGC audited actions and not sold to completion any longer. But he would take the old OT IV and V money and also old grades V and Va and clearing course money, and he would make AO deliver to these people HGC hours at the rates they were when they paid the money.

All the time other vegges, newer to the job and not so aware of the pre-76 prices, would be doing what management told them to do: disregard the fact that they paid the money early and just charge current prices. Michael had the correct mindset of delivering what was promised. Even before 1976, the regges were telling people for years, “the prices will go up one day, pay now and we will honor the price in the future.”

Public told each other Michael could make magic with their accounts that other regges could not. All that he did was good and correct and there was NOTHING irregular about it, other than it did become irregular for the church to keep good on its promises. Michael kept good on his promises and got in trouble for it.

Other regges, me included, did this as well, but none so quickly and efficiently as Michael.

6. Thanks Type4_PTS, Enthetan, cakemaker, dchoiceisalwaysrs says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Type4_PTS, Enthetan, cakemaker liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by DanLocke View Post
    it was ALL on the up and up. Prices started going up in the mid 70’s. 1976, I think, October. And they would go up 5% a month for years. And then they would, very infrequently, plunge for a “buy now” and then gradually go up again.

There were price lists that were published every few months that would project the prices, and Michael would hang on to these. People could buy all of the OT levels, prior to the release of NOTs for $2850. All of these OT levels would be pro-rated when delivered and figured out on the Value of Service Delivered stat.

When the “new OT levels” came out, Michael was not successful at getting the Church to deliver the new OT IV, and V at the old prices, as these were now HGC audited actions and not sold to completion any longer. But he would take the old OT IV and V money and also old grades V and Va and clearing course money, and he would make AO deliver to these people HGC hours at the rates they were when they paid the money.

All the time other vegges, newer to the job and not so aware of the pre-76 prices, would be doing what management told them to do: disregard the fact that they paid the money early and just charge current prices. Michael had the correct mindset of delivering what was promised. Even before 1976, the regges were telling people for years, “the prices will go up one day, pay now and we will honor the price in the future.”

Public told each other Michael could make magic with their accounts that other regges could not. All that he did was good and correct and there was NOTHING irregular about it, other than it did become irregular for the church to keep good on its promises. Michael kept good on his promises and got in trouble for it.

Other regges, me included, did this as well, but none so quickly and efficiently as Michael.
    Dan, thank you for explaining. As a public, it seemed like magic on my end. I liked him a lot, as well as the other AO staff. I always thought they had their public's best interest in mind.

Mimsey

8. Likes Type4_PTS, Enthetan liked this post

Dan, thank you for explaining. As a public, it seemed like magic on my end. I liked him a lot, as well as the other AO staff. I always thought they had their public's best interest in mind.

Mimsey
    Two main categories of people went into the Sea Org: (1) those who sincerely wanted to help people, and were willing to dedicate their lives to trying to make the world a better place, and (2) complete sociopaths who liked the idea of having power over others.

Ruthie struck me as being in Category 1. I didn't know Mike very well, but he seems Category 1 as well.
    Find out just what a people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. -- Frederick Douglass

10. Thanks WhatWall says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Type4_PTS liked this post
    NOT drinking the kool-aid LA SCN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enthetan View Post
    Two main categories of people went into the Sea Org: (1) those who sincerely wanted to help people, and were willing to dedicate their lives to trying to make the world a better place, and (2) complete sociopaths who liked the idea of having power over others.

Ruthie struck me as being in Category 1. I didn't know Mike very well, but he seems Category 1 as well.
    It was the category 2 types that made staff life a living hell.

Same categories apply to politics and the rule of cities, counties, states and nations.
    LA (EX) SCN
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the boisterous sea of liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson, 1784

12. Thanks Type4_PTS, WhatWall, Enthetan says "thank you" for this post

Mimsey
    Thanks for your kind thoughts. I recently posted my Scientology life on Mike Rinder'a website . It'a probably not posted yet but if UT is you'like get a bird's eye view of my career. Rake care.
    Michael

14. Thanks dchoiceisalwaysrs says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Type4_PTS liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Michael SILVERMAN View Post
    Thanks for your kind thoughts. I recently posted my Scientology life on Mike Rinder'a website . It'a probably not posted yet but if UT is you'like get a bird's eye view of my career. Rake care.
    Michael
    Thanks Michael... I look forward to reading it.

Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by LA SCN View Post
    It was the category 2 types that made staff life a living hell.

Same categories apply to politics and the rule of cities, counties, states and nations.
    A good book that I am reading now describes that quite well. I plan to read some more of her books also.

https://www.amazon.com/Sociopath-Nex.../dp/0767915828

If you want to buy it you might considering doing through the amazon link on TonyOrtega.org

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234