Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ex So- some insanities from my SO experience

Patron

Default Ex So- some insanities from my SO experience

Summarized Experiences From Within the Cult Scientology

1. Not allowed to see my mom but once a day when I was six. Was only permitted to see her at dinner for one hour.

2. My mom was made to work 12 hour days and was only paid $50.00 a week and given room and board.

3. I was made to live in a dorm at the age of six, separate from my mom or dad, with three other girls my age.

4. I was made to believe from a very early age that Scientologist were the better than other people, and if you were not in it, you were not good enough.

5. I was told to only tell my grandparents good things about myself when I visited, to not let on if I was behind in school, but just make them think I am a great student.

6. Scientologists constantly refers to people outside of their 'religion" as "Wogs". A derogatory term used commonly by members in it.

7. I was made to join staff when I was 14. I had to sign a billion year contract because of their beliefs in reincarnation.

8. I had to stop attending school when I was 14, to join staff. I could only attend school one day a week on Sunday for about 10 hours.

9. I was made to live in a two room apartment with seven other women when I was 14. Overcrowding is commonplace. I live like that for most of my seven years on staff.

10. I had 30 minute lunches, breakfasts and dinners. If I was late back to work I would get in trouble.

11. I was working 10 hour days, six days a week, from the age of 16. I was not getting paid overtime. I was only making $50.00 a week.

12. The only time I would have off, was every other week, if my production was good enough. Sometimes I would go a month without even one day off.

13. When I joined, I would not see my mom for days at a time. She lived in a different dorm than I did, and had a different eating schedule than me.

14. At the age of 15 I was made to stay up until 12 pm every Thursday and Friday to attend Scientology meetings and clean their facilities with all the other staff.

15. After Scientology events we were all assigned a number of books or tapes we were suppose to sell to the public. We had to make our quotas before we were allowed to go home. I started selling books when I was 15. Sometimes we had to call from lists we were given to make our quotas. Most of these lists were to Scientologist who were out of the state or out of the country.

16. The staff was not aloud to eat the nice food put out for public after events. It was only for the public, we would get in trouble if we were caught eating it.

17. The staff was not allowed to socialize with the public after events, only to sell books, we could not join them on the dance floor, or in the auditorium.

18. The Hacienda (apartment complex where the staff live) is set up so that staff can not just get up and leave when they want to. The Premises is surrounded by a large gate and bushes so that people cannot see in easily. There are several cameras around the complex to keep an eye on the staff. There is a security guard at the front gate at all times to let people in and out. Staff may not leave without first explaining where they are going and what they are doing to the security guard.

19. Sea Org staff are not allowed to own televisions, mine was confiscated when I was 14 or 15. Staff are not aloud to watch TV ever. Movies are only allowed on the weekend if you get approval to have time off. Movies are not allowed on weekdays.

20. Most staff do not have cars or cell phones because it costs to much money to own them. If you have a car, you have to check with the security guard if you want to leave, if he is suspicious he will not let you leave.

21. The only days staff are allowed to celebrate and dance together is the Christmas party and Beer and Cheese party. Twice a year. Don't ask, neither of these celebrations make much sense.

22. I was forced to cut all ties with my dad when I was 15. He was declared a Suppressive Person by Scientology, and that meant I could no longer talk or associate myself with him at all.

23. My mom died of cancer when I was 16. She was still on staff at the time, and she wrote in her will she wanted my brother and I assigned the guardians of Rusty and Linda Hilton, both on staff at Flag.

24. Once I joined staff I could no longer visit my relatives or grandparents for even a weekend without prior approval. At times my once a year request was denied for whatever reason, or no one had the time to look at it.

25. I was not allowed to socialize with anyone outside of the staff. If I did I was reported on and pulled in for questioning.

26. I was put on the e-meter once a week, along with all the other staff, to see if I had a clean or dirty needle. Clean meant I was OK, dirty meant I was hiding something. If it was dirty I was pulled in for questioning, and made to write up stuff I thought I was hiding

27. After each live success story we were suppose to stand up, clap, and say hip hip hooray three times to LRHs picture. This was daily. After each course completion in Scientology we had to tell everyone in our class our successes, once we were done we had to clap and say hip hooray to LRHs picture. His pictures are everywhere in their buildings. It was not optional you had to do it.

28. I had to get a divorce while I was in Scientology because my husband wanted out, and I did not. I was actually not told he was leaving until the day he left. He didn't even tell me, I was told by someone who knew him. It is against their rules to speak or mention to anyone in Scientology you are leaving staff. If you do, you can get kicked out and never be able to talk to your friends in it again.

29. When I finally decided I wanted to leave because I missed my ex husband too much, I was not allowed to just go. They made me work in the galley scrubbing pots and pans. They said I could not mention to anyone I wanted to leave, but everyone pretty much knew what I was doing. It took me three months of being separated from the group, all my friends, being put on the e-meter (lie detector) for two weeks straight and asked if I intend to contact my dad when I leave. I finally was aloud to leave, but was told I was moving to New Mexico to work for a Scientology school. I was told I could not return to Clearwater at all.

30. They made me sign a 10,000.00 waiver, promising that I would never talk out about my experiences with Scientology. I had to sign it before they would let me leave.

31. I was assigned handlers when I wanted to leave. I could not leave any of the buildings or walk outside without one of them. There are security guards assigned to each building, video cameras at each building entrance and exit, so if I wanted to leave without my handler, they would know.

32. I returned to Clearwater about a year after they sent me away. I was approached by one of their security guards and asked what I was doing here. I was on a public street on my lunch break. I just ignored him and walked away. They still thought they could control me, even though I was no longer on staff.

33. When my brother found out I was talking to my dad again, he refused to talk to me anymore. Now that I have associate myself with my dad, I am also declared, which means my brother can't talk to me.

34. Once I left, my "legal guardians' have never contacted me or spoke to me, even before I was declared.

35. I do not have one single friend I knew before I left Scientology (2002). They have all chosen to write me off because I no longer am a Sceintologist. Once I was declared, I was deleted from about 15 peoples myspace page. I did not delete them , they deleted me.

36. I am not allowed to talk to my Scientology school or teachers. They will also no longer talk to me. Once I left staff, they no longer thought it necessary to associate themselves with me.

37. I did not have a High School diploma when I left in 2002. I was 20 years old. Once I was married, they said I was now considered an adult and I no longer needed to attend school. I was only 17 when I married.

38. I never learned to drive, I now have a car, but driving was something they did not think was necessary.
    Last edited by sabrina; 19th January 2008 at 09:05 PM.

2. Thanks cadet says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Reasonable liked this post

Welcome out! Hopefully being here can help.

Zinj

Welcome to the "wog world" Sabrina. That is quite a story you have going there...you've re-connected with your dad...what else are you up to? Did you find your ex?
    "Deception is the ethics of war." - John Singleton Mosby

Patron

Default Moved on

Yeah, but he's moved on. It sucks, but now I have to move on too. Plus his parents are still in it, you know how that works.

Silver Meritorious Patron

Default Ex So- some insanities from my SO experience

Welcome Sabrina,

Thats a lot of hard knocks you've had to deal with.
    Hopefully you will like it here,there are a lot of helpful people on this MB.

I was in the SO too,though on the Apollo.
    Be good to discuss the SO with you.

Tamasin
    "he also introduced all of us and indeed he thrust us into his practises of cruelty, inhumanity, abuse and punishment, all of which he systematically reframed as positive and as requirements for enlightenment." - Hana Eltringham/Whifield speaking in Hamburg on the 28th of March 2010.

http://www.lermanet.com/

http:/
    /www.scientologydisconnection.com/

http://www.exscientologykids.com

Quote Originally Posted by sabrina View Post
    Yeah, but he's moved on. It sucks, but now I have to move on too. Plus his parents are still in it, you know how that works.
    I'm sorry to hear that... I do know how it works.
    The more I am exposed to these kinds of stories, the more I see that the SO is a snotty little clique of people who's dynamics are wildly out of line...
    How can a group like that even pretend to be able to "audit out the 4th dynamic engram"? They are too busy crashing on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd!

Welcome to the board. Holler if you need help.
    "Deception is the ethics of war." - John Singleton Mosby

Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

Hi Sabrina!

Being raised in the SO or within Scientology is a unique experience, and one of the hardest things is finding people who understand. You have come to the right place.
    Read Bea Kiddo's story, and Tamasin's and many others.

The more you write about it, the more the onion layers peel off. I am still finding that!

The truth of all this needs to be known so it doesn't keep happening.
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

Silver Meritorious Patron Ladybird's Avatar

Dear Sabrina,

1. Not allowed to see my mom but once a day when I was six. Was only permitted to see her at dinner for one hour.

I know this happened every day to lots of kids.

2. My mom was made to work 12 hour days and was only paid $50.00 a week and given room and board.

Actually, we got 46.17 after taxes and insurance. There is not one single cent shown as paid by the cult for all my years in the Sea Org. I think they just kept that money and ripped us all off for 3.83 a week instead of paying it to Social Security or taxes.

3. I was made to live in a dorm at the age of six, separate from my mom or dad, with three other girls my age.

I am so sorry! 6 is so young! I knew some of the teens lived in dorms, but I thought the younger kids were picked up by their parents. I wish I could give you ever hug you deserved and your mom wanted to give you.

4. I was made to believe from a very early age that Scientologist were the better than other people, and if you were not in it, you were not good enough.

5. I was told to only tell my grandparents good things about myself when I visited, to not let on if I was behind in school, but just make them think I am a great student.

Yeah, the old "Good Roads, Good Weather" PTS handling.

6. Scientologists constantly refers to people outside of their 'religion" as "Wogs". A derogatory term used commonly by members in it.

Yes, that's what they call 'em.

7. I was made to join staff when I was 14. I had to sign a billion year contract because of their beliefs in reincarnation.

KSW says you are in you are in to win or die in the attempt...

8. I had to stop attending school when I was 14, to join staff. I could only attend school one day a week on Sunday for about 10 hours.

9. I was made to live in a two room apartment with seven other women when I was 14. Overcrowding is commonplace. I live like that for most of my seven years on staff.

Try the RPF...50 guys in bunks up to ceiling...

10. I had 30 minute lunches, breakfasts and dinners. If I was late back to work I would get in trouble.

And you best not be late for one of the many musters, staff meetings, unit meetings, etc. etc...

11. I was working 10 hour days, six days a week, from the age of 16. I was not getting paid overtime. I was only making $50.00 a week.

Again, check your records with Social Security, I bet they kept your taxes and never paid them.

12. The only time I would have off, was every other week, if my production was good enough. Sometimes I would go a month without even one day off.

13. When I joined, I would not see my mom for days at a time. She lived in a different dorm than I did, and had a different eating schedule than me.

14. At the age of 15 I was made to stay up until 12 pm every Thursday and Friday to attend Scientology meetings and clean their facilities with all the other staff.

15. After Scientology events we were all assigned a number of books or tapes we were suppose to sell to the public. We had to make our quotas before we were allowed to go home. I started selling books when I was 15. Sometimes we had to call from lists we were given to make our quotas. Most of these lists were to Scientologist who were out of the state or out of the country.

Been there, done that

16. The staff was not aloud to eat the nice food put out for public after events. It was only for the public, we would get in trouble if we were caught eating it.

Who me? eat food?

17. The staff was not allowed to socialize with the public after events, only to sell books, we could not join them on the dance floor, or in the auditorium.

That came along after DM, we used to have some fun and get to go out to eat with FCCIs, socialize, etc.

18. The Hacienda (apartment complex where the staff live) is set up so that staff can not just get up and leave when they want to. The Premises is surrounded by a large gate and bushes so that people cannot see in easily. There are several cameras around the complex to keep an eye on the staff. There is a security guard at the front gate at all times to let people in and out. Staff may not leave without first explaining where they are going and what they are doing to the security guard.

Security is worse now, too. The guards just to used wave, and we had our own cars. Then it got uglier and uglier.

19. Sea Org staff are not allowed to own televisions, mine was confiscated when I was 14 or 15. Staff are not aloud to watch TV ever. Movies are only allowed on the weekend if you get approval to have time off. Movies are not allowed on weekdays.

No TV and no movies when I was there, LRH wrote that one. Newspapers, magazines and novels were frowned upon also.

20. Most staff do not have cars or cell phones because it costs to much money to own them. If you have a car, you have to check with the security guard if you want to leave, if he is suspicious he will not let you leave.

21. The only days staff are allowed to celebrate and dance together is the Christmas party and Beer and Cheese party. Twice a year. Don't ask, neither of these celebrations make much sense.

22. I was forced to cut all ties with my dad when I was 15. He was declared a Suppressive Person by Scientology, and that meant I could no longer talk or associate myself with him at all.

23. My mom died of cancer when I was 16. She was still on staff at the time, and she wrote in her will she wanted my brother and I assigned the guardians of Rusty and Linda Hilton, both on staff at Flag.

24. Once I joined staff I could no longer visit my relatives or grandparents for even a weekend without prior approval. At times my once a year request was denied for whatever reason, or no one had the time to look at it.

I am so sorry. I knew and liked both of your parents. Another hug for you Sabrina!

25. I was not allowed to socialize with anyone outside of the staff. If I did I was reported on and pulled in for questioning.

26. I was put on the e-meter once a week, along with all the other staff, to see if I had a clean or dirty needle. Clean meant I was OK, dirty meant I was hiding something. If it was dirty I was pulled in for questioning, and made to write up stuff I thought I was hiding

27. After each live success story we were suppose to stand up, clap, and say hip hip hooray three times to LRHs picture. This was daily. After each course completion in Scientology we had to tell everyone in our class our successes, once we were done we had to clap and say hip hooray to LRHs picture. His pictures are everywhere in their buildings. It was not optional you had to do it.

28. I had to get a divorce while I was in Scientology because my husband wanted out, and I did not. I was actually not told he was leaving until the day he left. He didn't even tell me, I was told by someone who knew him. It is against their rules to speak or mention to anyone in Scientology you are leaving staff. If you do, you can get kicked out and never be able to talk to your friends in it again.

29. When I finally decided I wanted to leave because I missed my ex husband too much, I was not allowed to just go. They made me work in the galley scrubbing pots and pans. They said I could not mention to anyone I wanted to leave, but everyone pretty much knew what I was doing. It took me three months of being separated from the group, all my friends, being put on the e-meter (lie detector) for two weeks straight and asked if I intend to contact my dad when I leave. I finally was aloud to leave, but was told I was moving to New Mexico to work for a Scientology school. I was told I could not return to Clearwater at all.

30. They made me sign a 10,000.00 waiver, promising that I would never talk out about my experiences with Scientology. I had to sign it before they would let me leave.

31. I was assigned handlers when I wanted to leave. I could not leave any of the buildings or walk outside without one of them. There are security guards assigned to each building, video cameras at each building entrance and exit, so if I wanted to leave without my handler, they would know.

32. I returned to Clearwater about a year after they sent me away. I was approached by one of their security guards and asked what I was doing here. I was on a public street on my lunch break. I just ignored him and walked away. They still thought they could control me, even though I was no longer on staff.

33. When my brother found out I was talking to my dad again, he refused to talk to me anymore. Now that I have associate myself with my dad, I am also declared, which means my brother can't talk to me.

34. Once I left, my "legal guardians' have never contacted me or spoke to me, even before I was declared.

35. I do not have one single friend I knew before I left Scientology (2002). They have all chosen to write me off because I no longer am a Sceintologist. Once I was declared, I was deleted from about 15 peoples myspace page. I did not delete them , they deleted me.

36. I am not allowed to talk to my Scientology school or teachers. They will also no longer talk to me. Once I left staff, they no longer thought it necessary to associate themselves with me.

37. I did not have a High School diploma when I left in 2002. I was 20 years old. Once I was married, they said I was now considered an adult and I no longer needed to attend school. I was only 17 when I married.

38. I never learned to drive, I now have a car, but driving was something they did not think was necessary.

Oh my dear! I understand what you are going through more than you know.

You can PM me if you want to talk, and if you have time read some of my posts from OCMB (same nick; "ladybird) especially about disconnection, divorce, family, etc.

I am glad you are speaking out, you are not alone.

Maybe all of us together can stop this cult from hurting other people and breaking up their families.

Thank you for writing!

Love and more hugs,
    Ladybird

True Ex-Scientologist programmer_guy's Avatar

sabrina,

You might also consider posting your stories/info here:

http://www.tomcruisehq.com/tchq_chal...pic.php?t=1203

Silver Meritorious Patron Colleen K. Peltomaa's Avatar

Glad you freed yourself and are here to post for all to read. Someone will read this and think twice about affiliating themselves with the CofS.

Most of what you described I suppose I would have gladly suffered through if the motivations of the top execs had been in a higher tone band, not the "money" band.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast