Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marty: The Scientology ‘Why’ Trap

Gold Meritorious Patron

Default Marty: The Scientology ‘Why’ Trap

Marty: The Scientology ‘Why’ Trap
    https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/20...logy-why-trap/

Excerpt:
    “We’re in a society that is so psychology-ridden that it’s almost hobbled with ‘why did I do that and this and that?’ Although psychology has a powerful cleansing function, like any method it can become a trap, and it’s trapped many of us in the West. But the more we act from the heart, from that deep intuitional space, the less the spinning of the mind will interfere. The more awareness with which we do something, the more heart we act on, the more that self-acceptance will allow us to trust those acts.”

- from A Gradual Awakening by Stephen Levine

That is a very apt and insightful statement that, while not attempting to, precisely describes what might most be wrong with Scientology. I have in the past noted the ingrained proclivity in Scientologists to practice excessive judgmentalism on others. For example, see Sitting In Judgment. .

Perhaps the ‘why’ trap of the Scientology pop psychology scheme will be more apparent by viewing it on flow 0 – that is, what one does to oneself. Please take a moment to review this. Have you been saddled with the habit of asking yourself, or possibly seeking the answer from your auditor or the organization or even Ron, ‘why did I do that and this and that?’ A valid target of psychology or psychotherapy, but as noted by Levine, up to a point.

Default Re: Marty: The Scientology ‘Why’ Trap

part 2

If so, I believe it would behoove you to learn a bit about the crippling nature of aristotelian two-valued logic thought. A great place to start is the first several chapters of a book called The End of Suffering by Russell Targ and J.J. Hurtak. You will learn the uncredited provenance of Scientology’s purported ‘infinity logic’; which has been with us for millennia prior to Scientology. For a deeper appreciation of, and thus potentially greater freedom from, the two-valued logic trap, the first few chapters of The Tao of Physics by Fritjof Capra will give you the history of how we in the West came to take two-valued logic for granted as a way of life. A review of both books just might help you break that vicious cycle, should you find it present.

Recently, I summed up in one sentence what I have evolved toward doing with former Scientologists, ‘connecting some dots so that they can see that the only thing that is wrong with them is the ingrained belief that there always has to be something wrong with them.’
    http://www.cirp.org/library/psych/vanderkolk/

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."

-Dalai Lama

Gold Meritorious Patron

I do like this passage:
    Recently, I summed up in one sentence what I have evolved toward doing with former Scientologists, ‘connecting some dots so that they can see that the only thing that is wrong with them is the ingrained belief that there always has to be something wrong with them.’

4. Thanks Bluebell, Alle G says "thank you" for this post
    Likes tetloj, WildKat liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by CommunicatorIC View Post
    I do like this passage:

6. Thanks HelluvaHoax! says "thank you" for this post
    Likes HelluvaHoax! liked this post
    LOL! Bluebell, Ogsonofgroo, Alle G, HelluvaHoax! laughed at this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Notice Marty describes them as "former Scientologists," and not as Independent Scientlogists, non-COS Scientologists, Freezoners, etc.

It appears Marty may now be practicing a form of exit counseling and/or post-traumatic, post-taucultic counseling.

8. Likes Alle G liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommunicatorIC View Post
    Notice Marty describes them as "former Scientologists," and not as Independent Scientlogists, non-COS Scientologists, Freezoners, etc.

It appears Marty may now be practicing a form of exit counseling and/or post-traumatic, post-taucultic counseling.
    aw comon, say the WORD, go ahead, - Marty is an apprentice

DEPROGRAMMER

and this is a very good thing...
    READ ME: Lerma's Hypnosis in $cientology thread... over on Xenu.net forum HERE
    Journal of Hypnotism 1952 re Dianetics and Hypnosis: "The same old sofa but with new upholstery" ESMB LINK
    How to become an Expert Operator(c) 1931 30 Mb pdf
    "Contrary to general belief, it has been my experience that the more intelligent the subject, the easier it is to induce hypnosis" Ralph Slater - "Hypnotism" May 1950 Large PDF of entire book
    The secret of Dianetics

10. Thanks koki, Alle G, scooter, Gib, AnonKat says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! scooter, tetloj laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lermanet_com View Post

DEPROGRAMMER

Soon we will have "the precious" back in the US , Good old Gerry Armstrong

http://www.cirp.org/library/psych/vanderkolk/

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."

-Dalai Lama

12. Likes koki liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lermanet_com View Post

DEPROGRAMMER

14. Thanks Lermanet_com says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Dean Blair liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Please note: The word "why" does not occur in ANY Scientology process at any level. It is an ADMIN concept - hunting for "The Why" - and is a fruitless exercise because there is never a single big WHY, always multiple smaller ones.

In processing, the question "why" introverts the preclear without directing his attention anywhere, and so it is a totally invalid question.

Anybody trying to get another to figure out Why this or that is seeking to introvert him/her and is SUPRESSIVE. (Call by my place to collect your golden-rod)
    Standard tech is a subset of LRH tech. LRH tech is a subset of freezone tech. Freezone tech is a subset of all possible tech. - Pilot

I think that the future lies in understanding and developing the capabilities of the mind and spirit. I might sometimes loosely call this Scientology, but I don't mean the CofS. I mean anything which works in this direction, which would even include you if you ever achieve real wisdom. - Pilot

16. Thanks MostlyLurker says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

If Rathbun still takes Russell Targ and Fritjof Capra as gurus, then he may just be evolving into a common or garden flake. But I suppose adding one more of those can't do so much harm.

18. Likes SpecialFrog, Mick Wenlock liked this post
    LOL! Sidney18511, Bluebell, Mick Wenlock laughed at this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast