Page 1 of 88 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Kate your questions here...

Default Ask Kate your questions here...

Quote Originally Posted by kate8024 View Post
    I suggest someone start a new ask kate thread then where everyone posts 1 question per message and i will give them 1 response per message.
    A new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Termint View Post
    Kate considers herself a scientologist, I guess. That's fine by me, I've got nothing against scientologists unless they're harming others. Then I have plenty against 'em.

MissWog, I've already told you that I like your posts. I'd suggest that you just ask, straight out, anything you want to know (I know that you've probably already done so but just give it a shot). Straight, unambiguous questions which even a scientologist should be quite willing to answer. The answers will either tell you what you want to know or leave you with more questions. Try to keep it simple, it's hard to teach scientology on a Message Board.

Kate, Answer honestly to the best of your ability. If you don't know or haven't decided, just say so.
    Dave Gibbons - Sydney, Australia.
    I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.
    I do believe everything I write.

2. Thanks Arthur Dent, sallydannce says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Opter liked this post
    LOL! exsomessenger laughed at this post

Default Re: Ask Kate your questions here...

Kate, may I ask which of the more general parts of Scientology align with your personal beliefs?

4. Thanks sallydannce, kate8024, Panda Termint says "thank you" for this post
    Likes MissWog liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    Kate, may I ask which of the more general parts of Scientology align with your personal beliefs?
    Absolutely! This is a fairly broad question but I'll try to answer it the best that I can.

My actual views on metaphysics go (IMHO) quite a bit beyond Scientology and I personally view time and all experiences as highly episodic and much of my philosophy regarding this has strong ties to Schema Theory with a good smattering of crazy hypothesis based on personal mystical experiences. Having said that, within this 'type' of what I call a 'scenario' there is an apparency of the following items based on mystical experiences and logical extrapolation from those experiences:

* In general, to me Scientology is a mystical religious framework. Dianetics, "clear", "ot", etc. are to me more or less meaningless or useless concepts.
    * something resembling cartesian dualism, though I view it in a bit more of a Platonic light with multiple levels of existence once you get completely beyond the physical reality
    * reincarnation
    * existence as a true static, but with temporal emanations into this (and other) universe(s)
    * completely bizarre other universes
    * the general concept of the 'full track'
    * creation by postulate
    * pre-each-life postulates that guide certain aspects of that life (ie similar to between-lives implants though less sinister in tone)
    * that its possible to remember things from other lives
    * the overall ideas of the 8-dynamics, the ARC triangle, the overt-motivator sequence, start-change-stop, though I'm sure there are some minor differences in my views on these
    * that _something_ genocide-like happened on the whole track which LRH interpreted as the Xenu myth but I don't believe his interpretation to be quite correct.
    * I believe that doing the lists in Self Analysis can be immensely helpful even if just used to get better at this-life recall of events and nothing else
    * I believe that doing the processes in COHB can be very useful
    * I believe the clear cognition to be sort of like a Zen koan

I also maintain a purely psychological-physicalist perspective in which I view all of these thing to be functions of the subconscious and the imagination but either way of viewing it generally works well for me as I find the associated phenomena fascinating either way.

Hope that explains it a bit, if I didn't answer your question please let me know what I can clarify.
    -deleted-

6. Thanks looker, Queenmab321, lotus, MissWog, JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Likes The_Fixer, JustSheila liked this post
    WTF? secretiveoldfag said WTF? to this post
    Huh? secretiveoldfag didn't understand this post

Thanks, Kate! That gives me a MUCH better idea of where you are coming from.

8. LOL! secretiveoldfag laughed at this post

Kate, I've been reading your posts on another thread and what I don't understand is why you call yourself a Scientologist when the Church of Scientology would definitely not consider you to be one of them.

You have said you study other religions etc. That is called "other practices" in Scientology and it is a very bad thing for which you would be sent to Ethics.

You have said you audit yourself but you make up your own processes to audit. This is called "squirreling" and you would be sent to Ethics for doing it.

You have said you believe some of LRH's works but not others. You will do correspondence courses but not pay for auditing. In the CofS this is called "being a dilletante" and you would be sent to Ethics for it.

LRH said you can't be half in and half out of Scientology but you clearly are, therefore you are not a Scientologist by LRH's definition.

So why do you call yourself a Scientologist? I think this is probably one thing that is irritating those of us who really were Scientologists.

10. Thanks Ceedar, lotus, secretiveoldfag, Knows, freethinker and 5 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Ceedar, Knows, freethinker, MissWog liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ThetanExterior View Post
    Kate, I've been reading your posts on another thread and what I don't understand is why you call yourself a Scientologist when the Church of Scientology would definitely not consider you to be one of them.

You have said you study other religions etc. That is called "other practices" in Scientology and it is a very bad thing for which you would be sent to Ethics.

You have said you audit yourself but you make up your own processes to audit. This is called "squirreling" and you would be sent to Ethics for doing it.

You have said you believe some of LRH's works but not others. You will do correspondence courses but not pay for auditing. In the CofS this is called "being a dilletante" and you would be sent to Ethics for it.

LRH said you can't be half in and half out of Scientology but you clearly are, therefore you are not a Scientologist by LRH's definition.

So why do you call yourself a Scientologist? I think this is probably one thing that is irritating those of us who really were Scientologists.
    Personally, I think she calls herself one in her own terms, not in the terms of the church. The two do not necessarily align and I don't think she gives a toss what the church thinks.

Her thoughts of Scn have some alignment, but it ends there.

How did I do, Kate?

12. Thanks kate8024 says "thank you" for this post

Personally, I think she calls hersaelf one in her own terms, not in the terms of the church. The two do not necessarily align and I don't think she gives a toss what the church thinks.

How did I do, Kate?

And yes, as per CoS definition, she is a squirrel.

14. Thanks kate8024 says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Ho Tai, MissWog, kate8024 liked this post

Well for one thing, all of the things you described wouldn't stop someone from being an independent Scientologist which is a specialization of the class 'Scientologist' in my book so to call oneself a Scientologist does not necessarily imply the things you mention. While I'm on good terms with the Church of Scientology in that they bug the living sh-- out of me with phone calls and emails and I do extension courses with them I don't look to them for validation and especially I don't look to them for auditing - thus Ethics is 100% a non-issue. I can have an Ethics folder a meter thick and it doesn't affect me at all. So far I've not run into any problems and if I ever do its no real loss; I mean I might not get to finish my extension courses but that not something I would shed a tear over.

If you can come up with a better name for the set of beliefs I outlined in my earlier post in this thread I'm all ears but IMHO Scientologist describes it fairly well.
    -deleted-

16. Thanks MissWog says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Axiom142 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by The_Fixer View Post
    Personally, I think she calls hersaelf one in her own terms, not in the terms of the church. The two do not necessarily align and I don't think she gives a toss what the church thinks.

How did I do, Kate?

And yes, as per CoS definition, she is a squirrel.
    That pretty much sums it up perfectly.
    -deleted-

18. Thanks The_Fixer says "thank you" for this post
    Likes MissWog liked this post
    Huh? secretiveoldfag didn't understand this post
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kate8024 View Post
    If you can come up with a better name for the set of beliefs I outlined in my earlier post in this thread I'm all ears but IMHO Scientologist describes it fairly well.
    Why does it need a name at all unless you're trying to start a cult? The problem with a label like "Scientology" is that it means a whole lot of stuff to the reader, most of which probably doesn't apply to your beliefs at all. And some people wouldn't like to be known as "a Scientologist" for much the same reason that they wouldn't want to be known as "an axe murderer."

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Page 1 of 88 1234567891011 ... LastLast