Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Kate your questions here...

On a small mountain surrounded by many acres of forest.

Default Re: Ask Kate your questions here...

Quote Originally Posted by Terril park View Post
    Be true to yourself and damn the torpedos.
    This is one of those slogans that has two sides.

Sure, we should each be "true to ourselves" (or so they say).

The problem is that the Inquisition priest who tightened the thumb screws down on a young unrepentant "heretic" was very much "true to himself".

The suicide bomber who believes he will find himself in Paradise as soon as he detonates the bomb on a school bus of kids is very much "true to himself".

The fanatical Christian who shoots people leaving an abortion clinic (because "abortion is against the Will of God") is very much "true to himself".

I can provide many more examples. Shall I continue?

The problem is that so much of what is "true" for people is delusional bullshit. It isn't such a great ideal to me. You would be better served finding your actual self (something that is basically impossible in any type of dogma-filled system, including Scientology), than being true to some arbitrary bucket of horseshit that is defined and identified with your "self".

If people actually came to "know themselves", along with abandoning ALL dogma (most or all of Scientology ideas in this case), there would actually be a "pure self" to be "true to". What most are "true to" is their limited and often convoluted belief system. A person (self) wrapped up in a belief system is not the same as a self FREE from a belief system. Scientology was designed to, and very well acts to wrap a person up in a complex web of IDEAS that actually block and hinder any awareness of "self". Scientology promises freedom and expanded awareness, while involvement with the subject often actually delivers and brings about the OPPOSITE!

"Be true to yourself" is a such a vague and general idea that can apply to just about any situation, from the wonderful to the entirely insane. Without some detailed context it is, like so much of Scientology too, quite inane and meaningless.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 22nd February 2014 at 04:13 PM.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"They must know how to kindle and fan an extravagant hope". - Eric Hoffer about the "true believer". "Total Freedom", "your eternity", and "OT" involve a few of the extravagant hopes in Scientology.

Go HERE to view and/or download the essay, "The Three Basic Scientology Beliefs".

2. Thanks Jump, lotus, Type4_PTS, guRl, MathScience and 1 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes AngeloV, Alle G, lotus, Type4_PTS, guRl and 6 others liked this post

Goodby Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    This is one of those slogans that has two sides.

Sure, we should each be "true to ourselves".

The problem is that the Inquisition priest who tightened the thumb screws down on an unrepentant "heretic" was very much "true to himself".

The suicide bomber who believes he will find himself in Paradise as soon as he detonates the bomb on a school bus of kids is very much "true to himself".

I can provide many more examples. Shall I continue?

The problem is that so much of what is "true" for people is delusional bullshit. It isn't such a great ideal to me. You would be better served finding your actual self (something that is basically impossible in any type of dogma-filled system, including Scientology), than being true to some arbitrary bucket of horseshit that is defined and identified with your "self".

If people actually came to "know themselves", along with abandoning ALL dogma (most or all of Scientology ideas in this case), there would actually be a "pure self" to be "true to". What most are "true to" is their limited and often convoluted belief system. A person (self) wrapped up in a belief system is not the same as a self FREE from a belief system. Scientology was designed to, and very well acts to wrap a person up in a complex web of IDEAS that actually block and hinder any awareness of "self".

"Be true to yourself" is a such a vague and general idea that can apply to just about any situation, from the wonderful to the entirely insane. Without some detailed context it is, like so much of Scientology too, quite inane and meaningless.
    Now this hits those little generalizations that shleps like Elcon would repackage as "ultimate truths" and sell to the unsuspecting with disastrous results right between the eyes. But hell people are "responsible" for their own conditions. Ha!
    Crack cocaine and booze are gateway drugs to Scientology

5. Thanks Gadfly says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Infinite, Type4_PTS, Gadfly, MissWog liked this post

Hey Katie.....I have often wondered about you since reading your first confusing posts. Then today, like a bolt from the blue.....it came to me!

You are a Scientology Groupie! You can't get backstage, but hey, you speak to them in the phone and exchange emails! And you don't give a shit about who they just fucked before you

And the COS treats you like a groupie! The use you just to put another stat notch in their belt, before Thursday 2:00pm.

7. LOL! koki laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by Terril park View Post
    Be true to yourself and damn the torpedos.
    This reminds me so much of the scientology thing.

9. Thanks Type4_PTS, Sidney18511, MissWog, Gadfly says "thank you" for this post
    Likes koki, MissWog liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by DagwoodGum View Post
    Now this hits those little generalizations that shleps like Elcon would repackage as "ultimate truths" and sell to the unsuspecting with disastrous results right between the eyes. But hell people are "responsible" for their own conditions. Ha!

Like lines from the stupid Code of Honor:

Never fear to hurt another in a just cause.

It seems to make total sense to the soggy-headed Scientologist who actually imagines him or herself to be "freeing this sector of the galaxy", "bringing about a world without war, crime and insanity", and "freeing thetans (for the first time in many ages). But, they never extrapolate the idea out into OTHER contexts. The Muslim fanatic who blows up the school bus of children THINKS EXACTLY THE SAME THING! And, he spreads around that HARMING of others in the name of his (or her) "just cause". But, most Scientologists, through Hubbard's "brilliant indoctrination system", stay totally locked in the strange and convoluted context created by Hubbard. And, they NEVER for a SECOND see what has been "done to them". Of course, they created the complex mental context and structure through agreement with Hubbard's detailed and interconnected bullshit.

A much higher truth might be, "never harm another in the name of ANY cause", and LOVE all equally as best you can. But that wouldn't fit well into Hubbard's nutty overall agenda.

So much of Scientology, as you correctly point out is GENERAL VAGUE PLATITUDES, that get strung together in some seemingly logical "whole". It is a big illusion (that some sucker buys into and selectively interprets without much attention to context).

It involves a sort of mental and spiritual "vampirism". Hubbard tricks the believers into FEEDING ones own deeply personal and vital meaning and value into what is really an EMPTY CHARADE.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 22nd February 2014 at 04:46 PM.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"They must know how to kindle and fan an extravagant hope". - Eric Hoffer about the "true believer". "Total Freedom", "your eternity", and "OT" involve a few of the extravagant hopes in Scientology.

Go HERE to view and/or download the essay, "The Three Basic Scientology Beliefs".

Goodby Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by kate8024 View Post
    Absolutely! This is a fairly broad question but I'll try to answer it the best that I can.

My actual views on metaphysics go (IMHO) quite a bit beyond Scientology and I personally view time and all experiences as highly episodic and much of my philosophy regarding this has strong ties to Schema Theory with a good smattering of crazy hypothesis based on personal mystical experiences. Having said that, within this 'type' of what I call a 'scenario' there is an apparency of the following items based on mystical experiences and logical extrapolation from those experiences:

* In general, to me Scientology is a mystical religious framework. Dianetics, "clear", "ot", etc. are to me more or less meaningless or useless concepts.
    * something resembling cartesian dualism, though I view it in a bit more of a Platonic light with multiple levels of existence once you get completely beyond the physical reality
    * reincarnation
    * existence as a true static, but with temporal emanations into this (and other) universe(s)
    * completely bizarre other universes
    * the general concept of the 'full track'
    * creation by postulate
    * pre-each-life postulates that guide certain aspects of that life (ie similar to between-lives implants though less sinister in tone)
    * that its possible to remember things from other lives
    * the overall ideas of the 8-dynamics, the ARC triangle, the overt-motivator sequence, start-change-stop, though I'm sure there are some minor differences in my views on these
    * that _something_ genocide-like happened on the whole track which LRH interpreted as the Xenu myth but I don't believe his interpretation to be quite correct.
    * I believe that doing the lists in Self Analysis can be immensely helpful even if just used to get better at this-life recall of events and nothing else
    * I believe that doing the processes in COHB can be very useful
    * I believe the clear cognition to be sort of like a Zen koan

I also maintain a purely psychological-physicalist perspective in which I view all of these thing to be functions of the subconscious and the imagination but either way of viewing it generally works well for me as I find the associated phenomena fascinating either way.

Hope that explains it a bit, if I didn't answer your question please let me know what I can clarify.
    * In general, to me Scientology is a mystical religious framework. Dianetics, "clear", "ot", etc. are to me more or less meaningless or useless concepts”.
    Great, you are on your way Kate! Now that you have realized that these are “meaningless or useless concepts", all we have to do is wait until you stumble upon the realization that these concepts are the backbone of $cientology and the entire reason that I got in. Then connect the dots…
    By the way, I like to add the $ because I don’t feel like they are worthy of my writing their name as they spell it. After all there is no real correct spelling as the flubster simply made up the word, just like I made up flubster. Maybe that makes me "the Son of Flubber" or Flubster.
    And shame on you for leading off with a term like “Schema Theory” which is a classic Flubster tactic for MUing somebody early on in the text so as to slide them into “aneten” with the resultant effect of reducing their ability to think through the rest of the text and more or less just assimilate it into their subconscious to be figured out later. That was part and parcel of hypnotizing people into blinded abeyance, like hitting them in the face with handful of magic warlock powder. You just knew no one would bother to look up the term due to general lack of interest in it didn't you, you little scamp! :-)
    Have you figured out which one it is yet, meaningless or useless?
    I’ll read further into your post manana and maybe you can further enlighten me with your kind response.
    Last edited by DagwoodGum; 22nd February 2014 at 05:36 PM. Reason: piss poor grammer corrections
    Crack cocaine and booze are gateway drugs to Scientology

12. Thanks MathScience, MissWog says "thank you" for this post
    Likes WildKat, Sidney18511, MissWog liked this post
    LOL! MissWog laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    I believe there are some things in Scn that have value. Anyone familiar with Scn who takes more than a cursory look at PaulsRobot will see that. If you can have a long calm talk with someone, it doesn't really matter what you call yourself, as you can point out that CofS Scn is different to Indie Scn because blah blah, and your thing is different to both of them because of blah blah blah.

But there's a problem when you only have 10 seconds. "I use some parts of Scientology, but I'm certainly not a Scientologist! <spit>" covers it, I would think.

Paul
    Oh believe me I use PaulsRobot a lot and I find it awesome! But your experience here, at least at this point, is inherently going to be vastly different than mine. Back when I was going through non-label phase I said almost word for word what you wrote should cover it, because I think you're right - that _should_ cover it. What I got in return though, from some members of this forum, was accusations of secretly being a Scientologist and lots of 'you should just admit you are Scientologist and stop lying to us and yourself'-type messages. Well I took their advice and this the result.
    -deleted-

14. Likes Dulloldfart liked this post

Oh believe me I use PaulsRobot a lot and I find it awesome! But your experience here, at least at this point, is inherently going to be vastly different than mine. Back when I was going through non-label phase I said almost word for word what you wrote should cover it, because I think you're right - that _should_ cover it. What I got in return though, from some members of this forum, was accusations of secretly being a Scientologist and lots of 'you should just admit you are Scientologist and stop lying to us and yourself'-type messages. Well I took their advice and this the result.
    Right . . . .

They "made you do it"!

Note: Accepting anyone's LABELS is still accepting labels - even if originally from some member or members of this board. The choice to accept any label is yours and yours alone.

16. Thanks Type4_PTS, MathScience says "thank you" for this post
    Likes MathScience liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

Yeah I mean who knows where I will be in a few years, I hate to speculate that far into the future considering some of the crazy twists and turns my life has taken. I know a few indies that eventually quit Scientology altogether but for me it was a bit backward as I disagreed with several things in some of the indie scientology ideas and got more into the CofS version.
    Could you give us some specific examples (I'm thinking as succinct as possible description of three or four such?) of those "several things" you disagreed with in the indie scientology ideas, and the contrasting/related version of those same ideas from CoS version that you found you liked better. Thanks in advance.

18. Thanks WildKat, MissWog says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Type4_PTS, AnonyMary, MissWog liked this post
Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast