Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Kate your questions here...

Default Re: Ask Kate your questions here...

Quote Originally Posted by kate8024 View Post

-snip-

I think that Bridge and Golden Era do really great work.

-snip-
    Have you ever visited Golden Era Studios in the Riverside, California desert?

I was out there last, picketing with some others, in the summer of 1985. I hear they've done a lot of property enhancement since then.

You really should visit to see their facilities. I'm sure they'd be glad to show you around - you being a budding religious scholar, and a Scientology Inc. correspondence course student, and all.

I've seen Golden Era personnel at work on a number of occasions. In the 1990s, they were doing some filming in an area near where I work. There must have been at least thirty of them, plus a lawyer that they take wherever they go. They have no problem Fair Gaming by way of lying, lying to police, etc. I've witnessed that. Very nasty, but they love "religious scholars" who say Scientology is a religion.

Here's a fellow who made the mistake of traveling to Golden Era Studios, and picketing, while alone. He was convicted of "interfering with a religion," for picketing outside Scientology's heavily armed, razor-wire enclosed, base outside Hemet, California: Golden Era Studios. He was sent to jail.

Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

2. Thanks Sidney18511, aegerprimo, MissWog, Gadfly says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker View Post
    So what exactly is Scientology to you that you can pick and choose what you want to do in no particular order?

How is that a religion?

How is that a Science?

How is that any kind of methodology to accomplish something?

It sounds more like the construct of a cook book or an excercise routine to work on various parts of the body.

Your taking something that is supposed to have form and structure and turning it into a game with your own rules.

What other philosophies and religions do you stir into the stew?

Are you creating a new and improved Cult?
    Its a religion because I also pick and choose what practices I do when in other religions. If I want to say a prayer to Shiva one day and Allah the next that doesn't make it not religious.

It's a science in that I don't believe the viewpoint on the material (ie it being done in a particular order) to be correct so I'm forced to evaluate many parts of it to find what seems to be interesting stuff. When I find something I like , I'l do it again. When I find something I don't, I don't. What i'm trying to accomplish is just to sort out what I like doing for myself when and this method works perfectly fine for accomplishing that.

The other religions I practice to some extent are Gnosticism, Hinduism, Zen, Daoism, Mormonism, Islam, Shamanism, nebulous Neo-Paganism, and some others less frequently.
    -deleted-

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

People on ESMB really like to get their teeth into Scios (or quasi-scios), don't they? This thread is really hot!

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

5. Likes Techless, The_Fixer, kate8024 liked this post
    LOL! JustSheila, koki, Type4_PTS, Panda Termint, aegerprimo and 2 others laughed at this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron MissWog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    From Kate:

" I think that Bridge and Golden Era do really great work."

Yeah, me too. What "great work" might that be? Great? I can't help myself:

All those beautiful promo vids and commercials? It's like a passive or subliminal suggestion to go see something Golden Era has done to see for yourself what this really great work is. All the while just trying to get you to put your foot in door. Or go look at Bridge in hopes you buy a book.

Quote Originally Posted by MissWog View Post
    Honestly, this just sounds to me like you are trying to convince either Scions on the fence or never-ins that the church isn't so bad and people should give it a try.
    I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything other than what I'm saying are my experiences are, in fact, my experiences. Would you prefer that I lie about my experiences or do you prefer that I not talk about them? I don't care if people who are in Scientology leave or stay, I don't care if people who are not in decide to join or decide to protest. Those things are not my battles.
    -deleted-

So you're into Religious and Science fashion.

You're just kinda doing it because it feels good but then you dump it when it no longer produces the high.

Good Luck with that, you might wind up curled up in a ball on the floor in the fetal position.

Quote Originally Posted by kate8024 View Post
    Its a religion because I also pick and choose what practices I do when in other religions. If I want to say a prayer to Shiva one day and Allah the next that doesn't make it not religious.

It's a science in that I don't believe the viewpoint on the material (ie it being done in a particular order) to be correct so I'm forced to evaluate many parts of it to find what seems to be interesting stuff. When I find something I like , I'l do it again. When I find something I don't, I don't. What i'm trying to accomplish is just to sort out what I like doing for myself when and this method works perfectly fine for accomplishing that.

The other religions I practice to some extent are Gnosticism, Hinduism, Zen, Daoism, Mormonism, Islam, Shamanism, nebulous Neo-Paganism, and some others less frequently.

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." (Nikola Tesla)

"In the twenty-first century, the robot will take the place which slave labor occupied in ancient civilization."(Nikola Tesla)

9. Likes bromo liked this post
    Patron Meritorious

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    What a horrendously amazing distortion of reality. Your gullibility (or spin) knows no bounds.
    Gad, I recognize the make-no-sense pseudo-intellectual ramblings of Kate here as the person posting on Tony's blog every once in a great while, about things like Carl Sagan, in spirit, being supportive of Dr. Hubtard's research. Really off-the-wall stuff.

There is no apparent logic to her writing. I'd hesitate to call it reasoning. It's random, disconnected B.S. -- she's either mad or toying with people to distract.

Did Paul of Paul's robot write this Kate program? Anyway, please reprogram her "affect change" to "effect change." There's a small problem with her grammar loop.

11. Thanks JustSheila, Type4_PTS, HelluvaHoax!, aegerprimo, Gadfly says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JustSheila liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    Have you ever visited Golden Era Studios in the Riverside, California desert?
    Here's a fellow who made the mistake of traveling to Golden Era Studios, and picketing, while alone. He was convicted of "interfering with a religion," for picketing outside Scientology's heavily armed, razor-wire enclosed, base outside Hemet, California: Golden Era Studios. He was sent to jail.
    You are talking about something different entirely. I'm saying that I find the materials produced by those two divisions to be high quality. I'm not saying anything at all about the ridiculous management and legal practices that are part of the Church of Scientology.
    -deleted-

13. WTF? aegerprimo said WTF? to this post

Quote Originally Posted by Boson Wog Stark View Post
    Gad, I recognize the make-no-sense pseudo-intellectual ramblings of Kate here as the person posting on Tony's blog every once in a great while, about things like Carl Sagan, in spirit, being supportive of Dr. Hubtard's research. Really off-the-wall stuff.

There is no apparent logic to her writing. I'd hesitate to call it reasoning. It's random, disconnected B.S. -- she's either mad or toying with people to distract.

Did Paul of Paul's robot write this Kate program? Anyway, please reprogram her "affect change" to "effect change." There's a small problem with her grammar loop.
    Nope not me. I never post on Tony's blog, haven't read any Carl Sagan since I was 16 and couldn't say much about him at all, I would never call LRH "Dr.", and don't believed he did much at all in the way of "research".
    -deleted-

Gold Meritorious Patron Churchill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

I said I believe you are a Scientologist. Could you please elaborate on the reactions you have received when discussing the Nation of Islam, the killing of Lisa Mc Pherson, the harassment and intimidation of former Scientologists who have spoken out, the impisonment of Scientology staff, the abandonment of elderly Scientologists, the routine break-up of families, and bankruptcies. You say those things concern you, but your response seems... well, glib. How do you rationalize being in the Church? I'd really like to know, Kate. Also, please tell me the reaction you get from Scientologists if and when you mention that David Miscavige beats his staff.

Kate...you there?
    -Len Zinberg

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid
    the consequences of avoiding reality.

www.xenu.net

www.tonyortega.org

16. Thanks Type4_PTS, aegerprimo, MissWog says "thank you" for this post
Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast