Page 12 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Kate your questions here...

Default Re: Ask Kate your questions here...

Quote Originally Posted by MissWog View Post
    All those beautiful promo vids and commercials? It's like a passive or subliminal suggestion to go see something Golden Era has done to see for yourself what this really great work is. All the while just trying to get you to put your foot in door. Or go look at Bridge in hopes you buy a book.
    Nope its being honest about the fact that I like some things related to the CofS and not others. If you follow Tony Ortega's blog you'd be familiar with the videos I'm talking about already so you wouldn't need to see something they've done. I could care less if you buy Scientology books - and in fact in that other thread where I mentioned where to find the certain topics you requested in Scientology books I linked to where you can get them on Amazon for $0.01 rather than linking to the Bridge website. I don't recommend _anyone_ step foot inside an org; if someone does its their choice and its at their own risk.
    -deleted-

2. WTF? Sidney18511 said WTF? to this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron MissWog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kate8024 View Post
    I like the work done on things like the Scientology commercials and the various quote videos, I like the actual physical books and lectures. I find the new artwork designs to be beautiful, I love the paper and printing quality in the hardcover books, I like the design of the CD cases, and so on. The sound and video restoration work is in some cases amazing. The people who actually make these materials I think do an excellent job.
    I totally called this!
    It's a commercial for the commercials..it's a invitation to porous the book isle.
    Im sorry Kate I can't help myself and you really don't have to answer this bc I'm not asking you a question..just making an observation.

But it is actually policy to make books good and heavy and respectful so people will buy them at $50 a whack and up so, inadvertantly, you're into the management policies and applying them 100% standardly.

You are talking about something different entirely. I'm saying that I find the materials produced by those two divisions to be high quality. I'm not saying anything at all about the ridiculous management and legal practices that are part of the Church of Scientology.

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." (Nikola Tesla)

"In the twenty-first century, the robot will take the place which slave labor occupied in ancient civilization."(Nikola Tesla)

You are talking about something different entirely. I'm saying that I find the materials produced by those two divisions to be high quality. I'm not saying anything at all about the ridiculous management and legal practices that are part of the Church of Scientology.
    It's not "management"; it's philosophy. "Fair Gaming SPs" is a philosophy that is woven throughout the applied philosophy of Scientology.

Anyway, would you mind posting some of your favorite Golden Era Studio produced videos?

Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

6. LOL! aegerprimo, freethinker laughed at this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron MissWog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissWog View Post
    I totally called this!
    It's a commercial for the commercials..it's a invitation to porous the book isle.
    Im sorry Kate I can't help myself and you really don't have to answer this bc I'm not asking you a question..just making an observation.
    And oh yeah! Never mind that they are slaves doing this great work with a few paid actors ( not actual members are ever used!) fuck the human rights issue..the colors and graphics are sooooo pretty!

8. Thanks Techless, Sidney18511, NoName says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JustSheila, koki, aegerprimo liked this post
    LOL! JustSheila, HelluvaHoax! laughed at this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

I like the work done on things like the Scientology commercials and the various quote videos, I like the actual physical books and lectures. I find the new artwork designs to be beautiful, I love the paper and printing quality in the hardcover books, I like the design of the CD cases, and so on. The sound and video restoration work is in some cases amazing. The people who actually make these materials I think do an excellent job.
    Scientology has always been good at creating a slick image. After all, Scientology is nothing but image.

But you do realize that's all there is, don't you? It's undisputed that there are no "Releases", no "Clears" and no "OTs", no "Engrams", no "Reactive Mind". It's all just pretty window dressing with nothing inside.

How long do you sit and admire the window dressing before you realize it is your time you are wasting? Or is that all you were looking for?

10. Thanks Free Being Me, Type4_PTS, AngeloV, Gadfly says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

I said I believe you are a Scientologist. Could you please elaborate on the reactions you have received when discussing the Nation of Islam, the killing of Lisa Mc Pherson, the harassment and intimidation of former Scientologists who have spoken out, the impisonment of Scientology staff, the abandonment of elderly Scientologists, the routine break-up of families, and bankruptcies. You say those things concern you, but your response seems... well, glib. How do you rationalize being in the Church? I'd really like to know, Kate. Also, please tell me the reaction you get from Scientologists if and when you mention that David Miscavige beats his staff.
    Are you implying that I directly discuss these particular issues with Scientology staff? I don't believe that bringing those topics up to regular staff members in a direct way would have a positive effect - usually things like that result in staff members digging in their heels and pushing themselves even more into the organization. I recommend reading http://www.xenu.net/archive/infopack/16.htm
    -deleted-

Silver Meritorious Patron

Yes I've read KSW - it's literally all over the place in Scientology material. Mrs. Pattycake is described in an HCOPL that might be studied by staff members but I have little to no interest in. As I've read through all the red volumes its quite likely I've read that HCOPL at some point and forgot about it, but in general I only focus on the things that are important to what I'm doing.

I think KSW is really dumb and dogmatic. I very much dislike dogmatism.
    FYI the "red volumes" contain the HCOBs (tech bulletins), not the HCOPLs (policy letters). Unless GAT changed all that?

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boson Wog Stark View Post

Did Paul of Paul's robot write this Kate program? Anyway, please reprogram her "affect change" to "effect change." There's a small problem with her grammar loop.
    Sorry. It's always a problem when these damn AI constructs get to be self-aware.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

14. LOL! Techless, Jump, JustSheila, Panda Termint, Bill and 2 others laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    It's not "management," it's philosophy. "Fair Gaming SPs" is a philosophy that is woven throughout the applied philosophy of Scientology.

Anyway, would you mind posting some of your favorite Golden Era Studio produced videos?
    Tony Ortega has been working through them on his site. I actually like the Boots in Space one a lot, that's one he has posted already. I also like the Knowledge commercial which I assume was done by Golden Era as well as the Fundamentals of Thought DVD which is in a similar style.

Regarding the Knowledge commercial I also loved how there was a marketing agency that measured consumer response over the course of the commercial and it got quite high until the very end when they tell you its about Scientology, I found that to be hilarious.
    -deleted-

Page 12 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast