Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Kate your questions here...

Default You like the Scientology Inc. commercials? Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by kate8024 View Post
    I like the work done on things like the Scientology commercials and the various quote videos

-snip-
    Doesn't the deceptive nature of these bother you?

These are used to lure unsuspecting people into Scientology Inc., and they aren't pampered would-be religious scholars, so they won't get the kid gloves treatment that you're receiving.
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

2. Thanks aegerprimo says "thank you" for this post
    Likes MissWog liked this post

Default Re: Ask Kate your questions here...

Quote Originally Posted by MissWog View Post
    And oh yeah! Never mind that they are slaves doing this great work with a few paid actors ( not actual members are ever used!) fuck the human rights issue..the colors and graphics are sooooo pretty!
    I'm pretty sure that a lot of the 'actors' are, in fact, SO members and staff. One can admire someone's work while hating the conditions that work was produced in. These are separate issues for me. They may not be for you, but your view is not mine.
    -deleted-

4. Disagree JustSheila, MissWog disagreed with this post
    WTF? JustSheila said WTF? to this post

Default Re: You like the Scientology Inc. commercials? Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    Doesn't the deceptive nature if these bother you?

These are used to lure unsuspecting people into Scientology Inc., and they aren't pampered would-be religious scholars, so they won't get the kid gloves treatment that you're receiving
    Not sure how I'm a "pampered would-be religious scholars" but whatever.

I don't believe commercials like the Knowledge commercial to actually be effective in getting people into Scientology so their 'deceptive' nature doesn't bother me much. If someone pulls up next to an adult in an unmarked van and says "hey lady, you like candy? jump in my van and i'll give you some chocolate" then its more the ridiculousness of the underlying premise that bothers me more than the deception because they are not fooling anyone.
    -deleted-

6. Huh? Techless, MissWog didn't understand this post

<meet a scientologist video>
    Well I hate the whole idea behind the Meet a Scientologist videos. Interestingly I find them weirdly like the I'm a Mormon videos.
    -deleted-

8. LOL! MissWog laughed at this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron MissWog's Avatar

Honestly, this just sounds to me like you are trying to convince either Scions on the fence or never-ins that the church isn't so bad and people should give it a try. It is as if you just want to knock that first little doubt out of the way in hopes to keep members or recruit more. I'm sorry but you do sound like you work for the CofS. And if you don't care that this is the way you come across then I question your lack of sympathy for others and I don't understand why that doesn't bother you.
    I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything other than what I'm saying are my experiences are, in fact, my experiences. Would you prefer that I lie about my experiences or do you prefer that I not talk about them? I don't care if people who are in Scientology leave or stay, I don't care if people who are not in decide to join or decide to protest. Those things are not my battles.
    Wow..I'm at a loss..you come across as so selfish and void of any compassion and that doesn't bother you?! Have you ever wondered if you suffer from a personality disorder?

10. Thanks NoName says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Yes, I posted the exact quote from KSW earlier in this thread (page 7):

See LINK

It is common to hear staff and some Scientology public use the term derogatorily about dilettantes and fence-hangers.
    I shoulda phrased that better - is there a description beyond what you posted that can be found in HCOB or HCOPL? I was never far enough in to know of such a thing.
    The main key to free a person from this cult is compassion. This is true of all cults, but it is especially true of Scientology, where, in the upper echelons, there isn't even any pretense of compassion. Showing compassion just might be the key to breaking through the person's cult identity and reaching the real person.

***Monica Pignotti - My Nine Lives in Scientology***
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/pignotti/

Tony Ortega has been working through them on his site. I actually like the Boots in Space one a lot, that's one he has posted already. I also like the Knowledge commercial which I assume was done by Golden Era as well as the Fundamentals of Thought DVD which is in a similar style.

Regarding the Knowledge commercial I also loved how there was a marketing agency that measured consumer response over the course of the commercial and it got quite high until the very end when they tell you its about Scientology, I found that to be hilarious.
    Scientology Inc. is aware of that, of course, but they still snag enough people with these slick Golden Era products to make it worthwhile for them.
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

Well I hate the whole idea behind the Meet a Scientologist videos. Interestingly I find them weirdly like the I'm a Mormon videos.
    What's the whole idea behind the 'Meet a Scientologist' videos?

I totally called this!
    It's a commercial for the commercials..it's a invitation to porous the book isle.
    Im sorry Kate I can't help myself and you really don't have to answer this bc I'm not asking you a question..just making an observation.
    It wasn't a commercial for the commercials - it was a thank you to the people who actually go through the trouble to make them despite the conditions of being in SO. I'm not saying The Church of Scientology does a good job here - I'm saying the individuals who do the jobs of media production within those divisions do a good job in spite of the crap they have to put up with.
    -deleted-

What's the whole idea behind the 'Meet a Scientologist' videos?
    To me, the idea is to show that Scientologists are normal everyday people and not total weirdos. I think its a silly campaign targeting people who don't want to investigate and critically analyze the subject.
    -deleted-

Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast