Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Kate your questions here...

Default Re: Ask Kate your questions here...

Without trying to sound snarky at all Kate, perhaps using a different word to Scientologist on an ex Scientologists board might have helped your cause a little better?

2. Thanks kate8024 says "thank you" for this post
    Banned

when did you leave church?

4. Thanks kate8024 says "thank you" for this post
    Likes MissWog liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    Why does it need a name at all unless you're trying to start a cult? The problem with a label like "Scientology" is that it means a whole lot of stuff to the viewer, most of which probably doesn't apply to your beliefs at all. And some people wouldn't like to be known as a "Scientologist" in the same way that they wouldn't want to be known as an "axe murderer."

Paul
    And that's certainly a reasonable question I think. I'm certainly not trying to start a cult lol but I personally believe that many of the negative aspects belong to the Church of Scientology and not the associated belief system, especially when one focuses on the mystical religious aspects of it. To some extent here I've run into this problem both ways - when I first started posting I was pretty much a panentheist who was dabbling in idie Scientology then I moved away from the Scientology label but more and more of my beliefs were aligning with Scientology toward the beliefs I hold now but then I would get tons of messages about me being a secret Scientologist and people could tell based on my posts and so I must be OSA and so on.

I've felt very damned if I do, damned if I don't on this board at times. If I say I'm a Scientologist I get crap because I don't believe everything LRH says. If I say I'm not a Scientologist I get crap (and accused of being an OSA spy) because I believe that some things in Scientology have value. If I say I'm an idie then I get mega crap for even talking to the church (which I guess I get anyway).

I can understand to some extent the way some people here feel, I'm a professional software engineer and I work on some pretty hard core things like neural network theory and huge applications in C++ and sometimes I meet someone who makes static HTML pages for local businesses and calls themselves a software engineer. Obviously I'm in a different class than them and there is a tendency to say "well he's not a _real_ software engineer." I feel that to some extent that's happening here - people see someone who only self-audits on the fringes of the CofS without getting very involved in the actual church culture and I must not be a 'real' Scientologist. Unfortunately in both of these cases labels fail and there isn't always a good alternative.

If you have a solution to the damned if I do damned if I don't problem please let me know.
    -deleted-

6. Thanks MissWog says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Sindy liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by The_Fixer View Post
    Without trying to sound snarky at all Kate, perhaps using a different word to Scientologist on an ex Scientologists board might have helped your cause a little better?
    As I mention in a reply to Paul, I tried this before and got accused of being OSA because I still talked about scientology as having some value. I'm certainly open to suggestions here...
    -deleted-

8. Thanks The_Fixer says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by koki View Post
    when did you leave church?
    I have not left the church. Outside of extension courses all of my Scientology practice has been outside of the church but to the extent that I've even been 'in', I'm still in.
    -deleted-

10. Thanks JustSheila, MissWog says "thank you" for this post
    Likes koki liked this post
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kate8024 View Post

If you have a solution to the damned if I do damned if I don't problem please let me know.
    I remember few years ago , lots of "then Indies " have a same problem, but usually these days - they do not want anything to do with $cio (few years,lots of lurking and learning)... see you in few years - you will be there...

12. Thanks MathScience, kate8024 says "thank you" for this post
    Banned

I have not left the church. Outside of extension courses all of my Scientology practice has been outside of the church but to the extent that I've even been 'in', I'm still in.
    ok.
    but while you have internet, do not be afraid of lurking.

14. Thanks kate8024 says "thank you" for this post
    Likes MathScience liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by koki View Post
    I remember few years ago , lots of "then Indies " have a same problem, but usually these days - they do not want anything to do with $cio (few years,lots of lurking and learning)... see you in few years - you will be there...
    Yeah I mean who knows where I will be in a few years, I hate to speculate that far into the future considering some of the crazy twists and turns my life has taken. I know a few indies that eventually quit Scientology altogether but for me it was a bit backward as I disagreed with several things in some of the indie scientology ideas and got more into the CofS version.
    -deleted-

Banned

Iam ok with that unless you hurt someone or go broke with out wanting that.
    I dont have a problem with believes.
    I have a problem with doing bad things to others. just that.
    wish you a nice day, and hope you stay good person.

17. Thanks kate8024 says "thank you" for this post
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

I've felt very damned if I do, damned if I don't on this board at times. If I say I'm a Scientologist I get crap because I don't believe everything LRH says. If I say I'm not a Scientologist I get crap (and accused of being an OSA spy) because I believe that some things in Scientology have value. If I say I'm an idie then I get mega crap for even talking to the church (which I guess I get anyway).
    I believe there are some things in Scn that have value. Anyone familiar with Scn who takes more than a cursory look at PaulsRobot will see that. If you can have a long calm talk with someone, it doesn't really matter what you call yourself, as you can point out that CofS Scn is different to Indie Scn because blah blah, and your thing is different to both of them because of blah blah blah.

But there's a problem when you only have 10 seconds. "I use some parts of Scientology, but I'm certainly not a Scientologist! <spit>" covers it, I would think.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

19. Likes The_Fixer, MissWog, Panda Termint liked this post
    LOL! lotus, The_Fixer, I told you I was trouble laughed at this post
Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast