Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Kate your questions here...

Default Re: Ask Kate your questions here...

Quote Originally Posted by NoName View Post
    You haven't heard Mrs. Pattycake? Have you ever read KSW?

In my first reading, I imagined KSW to be somewhat tongue in cheek. But it isn't - it is very literal. Especially the part about them preferring you dead rather than incapable.
    Yes I've read KSW - it's literally all over the place in Scientology material. Mrs. Pattycake is described in an HCOPL that might be studied by staff members but I have little to no interest in. As I've read through all the red volumes its quite likely I've read that HCOPL at some point and forgot about it, but in general I only focus on the things that are important to what I'm doing.

I think KSW is really dumb and dogmatic. I very much dislike dogmatism.
    -deleted-

2. Huh? Sindy didn't understand this post
    On a small mountain surrounded by many acres of forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    K. is a nascent New Religious Movement scholar who affirms Scientology Inc. as a religion. Scientology Inc. loves that. She will be tolerated more than most.
    Wow! I never looked at it that way! Great point. THAT CONTEXT shines an entire new light on all of this!

What Veda just said explains a HUGE array of things - if true. And, as we all know, Scientology has USED "scholars" and "researchers" who have provided the spin and results the Church of Scientology desired in the past. Also, the C of S allows these people a very WIDE amount of leeway because he or she satisfies a LARGER PURPOSE in "helping Scientology".
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"They must know how to kindle and fan an extravagant hope". - Eric Hoffer about the "true believer". "Total Freedom", "your eternity", and "OT" involve a few of the extravagant hopes in Scientology.

Go HERE to view and/or download the essay, "The Three Basic Scientology Beliefs".

4. Likes Type4_PTS, MathScience, MissWog liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I LOVE a person who asks for SPECIFICS!

It causes one to descend from the airy heights of vague generalities and abstractions (which is what much of Scientology involves).
    I like when people ask for specifics too! If you see generalities in my posts and want more info then please ask away!
    -deleted-

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    This mindset is rarely tolerated in the Church of Scientology. If you actually are doing so, as you claim, it is a fluke, and probably will not last much longer (unless you lie, deceive and PR THEM as to your true thoughts about these things).

KSW is very clear - every single member MUST come "on board", "same terms as the rest of us - live or die in the attempt".

Go find three or four staff and/or public and clearly them what you REALLY think about various things. See how long they then tolerate your little game of deception and untruthfulness (i.e. you MUST hold in and HIDE a great deal to remain BELOW their radar).
    Maybe it is a fluke I've never claimed that it was normal, only relayed my experience. I disagree with KSW in almost every respect. Why would I do that thing you mention when right now I can do extension courses which I feel like I get something out of and I also feel allows me the chance to do exactly what you are talking about in a much more accepted and subtle manner. Going up to someone and saying "the reactive mind is made up!" doesn't do any good for anyone but writing a 4 page essay on the clear cognition as part of an extension course allows me to communicate the same thing in a way that gets me a 'VWD'.
    -deleted-

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    Wonderful! May I quote you? (Like here.)

Why bother? Ignore them and be what you want to be. ESMB tolerates a very wide range of (civil) viewpoints.
    If my endorsement is actually a good thing, it might scare people off if my conversations here are any indication ;-)

By the way, a friend recently gave me a ThetaMeter and I'm hoping to eventually get around to reverse engineering the protocol it uses to talk to the desktop software then write some new software for it that does a sort of automatic session where it can give commands and use voice recognition to know when to move to the next questions/commands (as well as trying to intelligently read the meter itself so the PC doesn't have to think about it). Sort of an integration of PaulsRobot and metering software. I don't have a lot of free time since I started going back to university but hopefully I'll get around to it one day.
    -deleted-

On a small mountain surrounded by many acres of forest.

Quote Originally Posted by kate8024 View Post
    Maybe it is a fluke I've never claimed that it was normal, only relayed my experience. I disagree with KSW in almost every respect. Why would I do that thing you mention when right now I can do extension courses which I feel like I get something out of and I also feel allows me the chance to do exactly what you are talking about in a much more accepted and subtle manner. Going up to someone and saying "the reactive mind is made up!" doesn't do any good for anyone but writing a 4 page essay on the clear cognition as part of an extension course allows me to communicate the same thing in a way that gets me a 'VWD'.
    You make too much noise . . . for no reason that makes any sense.

Just do your extension courses, have fun, and live your life. But you don't do that. You spend great amounts of time HERE on ESMB.

I come here from time to time because I have many years of experience with all aspects of Scientology, going back to the mid-1970s, on staff, as a public, in the Sea Org, having read just about every policy and HCOB and book ever written, etc. I have a wide and mature view, that some find useful. I have a wide familiarity with Scientology theories/subject materials, and the relevant practices. I am just as familiar with organizational subject matter as the auditing subject matter. In PT, Scientology is quite meaningless in my life; I have no agenda, no axe to grind.

Your entire perspective of things is trite and goofy to me. I don't care - you are free to be and think whatever you want. It just makes little sense at face value, which is why Veda's earlier post rang so true for me. If you are some sort of "nascent New Religious Movement scholar who affirms Scientology Inc. as a religion", then I can see how you might be genuine, but unbeknownst to you, also, you are entirely "being used" to serve corporate Scientology's purposes.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 22nd February 2014 at 06:24 PM.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"They must know how to kindle and fan an extravagant hope". - Eric Hoffer about the "true believer". "Total Freedom", "your eternity", and "OT" involve a few of the extravagant hopes in Scientology.

Go HERE to view and/or download the essay, "The Three Basic Scientology Beliefs".

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Kate,

Why have you not left a church that allies itself with a virulently anti-semitic group, the Nation of Islam, that intimidates former members who would dare speak out, that killed Lisa McPherson and others, that imprison their own staff, that routinely and blithely break up families, that abandon their elderly staff to suffer and die, and leave families bankrupt? Does any of this concern you?

What could possibly keep you part of such an organization as this "church"? I do believe most certainly you are a Scientologist.
    Yes those things concern me and I try to affect what change I can from the inside. Change in an organization like this can't be only an externally-driven thing - it takes people trying to change the mindset of the internal culture. Do I believe I'll have some big impact? No, absolutely not. But I do believe that I have some small impact in almost every interaction that I have with staff and SO members.

What makes you certain that I'm a Scientologist when many of the others here are claiming I'm not a Scientologist?
    -deleted-

10. Thanks MissWog says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! MissWog laughed at this post
    WTF? JustSheila, Sidney18511, MissWog said WTF? to this post

Can we see that essay?

12. Likes JustSheila, MissWog liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron MissWog's Avatar

Some indie groups, from what I have seen, view Ron as Source to an even greater degree than the CofS does.
    uh what? Then who else is the CofS viewing as source??

I personally believe the material needs _a_lot_ of modification and when I look at the actual changes that were part of the GAT changes almost all of them look to me like improvements.
    i have no idea what the changes are.. Can you give some examples of what was and what you like better now?

14. Thanks olska says "thank you" for this post
    Goodby Goodluck

I realize that these things were important reasons many here got in and for many one of these things was even their 'stable datum' but this is simply not the case for me.

I don't care how other people write these things. I find such things to be a bit too casual for my tastes but that's fine, it just means you won't see me using terms like that. I also don't call Taco Bell "Taco Hell" or other such things. Some people do and it can be mildly amusing (one of my favorites is "Miss Cabbage") but I don't find that such things fit with the way I talk or the way I write.

You apparently buy into LRH's MU stuff a hell of a lot more than I do lol.

As this is a thread specifically to ask me questions all one would have to do is say "what do you mean there by Schema Theory?" if they are interested or ignore it if they are not. It is, however, the correct term to describe the thing I was trying to describe.
    I call it the language trap, and I did buy into it by observing people yawning their asses off after reading LRH’s dribble, including myself back then. Once I realized that any language is a fabricated truth in masquerade as a relative truth while being presupposed to be an ultimate truth, I ceased to be affected as such and as much. As soon as I unraveled this, the “aneten” turned off and language ceased to become so deathly serious. You are as free to not chase a word down a rabbit hole as you are free to chase it down that rabbit hole. Snakes and all kind of things take up residence in rabbit holes. Maybe Hubbard didn't like that people yawned themselves into a stupor while reading his dreary Dianetic-The Modern..bla bla and found a way to hide that by saying it's all due to OUR MU's instead of HIS?
    I sometimes like to create new words that combine concepts so as to better encapsulate the essence of the person or thing I am describing, such as “flubbard”, which is a personal preference that I exercise at my discretion. That's how each word came to be anyway, unless one believes in the Tower of Babel?
    Often others consider language too big a deal to alter in any way but I know that there are endless reasons for endless things as it’s not all so cut and dry as some of Hubbard’s contentions that "this automatically means that and nothing else."
    I really should provide examples like other people do but for one thing I’m just too lazy and for another, my mind races too fast from idea to idea for me to slow it all down and flesh out it’s skeletal structure. Plus I know that if I don’t write down the ideas that flood into my head that the ideas will never reoccur to me in the same format as was in the inspiration. So I just let it all hang out…
    What level of training and auditing have you done, either in or out? Not asked for elitist purposes as I’m not one to hold that number of years and amount of services received is a feather in one’s cap. I guess it could depend on whether one’s cap is made from ostrich, sand or tin foil – all of which hang tattered on my rack - each equally as worn out by me as I am worn from wearing them.
    Last edited by DagwoodGum; 22nd February 2014 at 07:58 PM.
    Crack cocaine and booze are gateway drugs to Scientology

16. Likes kate8024, MissWog liked this post
Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast