Page 9 of 88 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Kate your questions here...

Default Re: Ask Kate your questions here...

Quote Originally Posted by MissWog View Post
    uh what? Then who else is the CofS viewing as source??

i have no idea what the changes are.. Can you give some examples of what was and what you like better now?
    The CofS has shown that its willing to change the material to some extent, some indies are violently against this but I believe it to be something that needs to be taken even further. It's not that the CofS views someone else as source, its that they are willing to ignore the idea of LRH as source to make improvements - even if those improvements are only <1% of the ones I think need to be made. Not all indies are this way by any means, but its a common sentiment that I encountered.

There is at least one website which goes through many (if not all) of the GAT changes but I can't find it offhand. A little googling around should bring it up though. When I went through it though I didn't find one change I wouldn't have made myself.

Now the topic of making people redo the bridge after the GAT releases is a different story. I think that is dumb and had I paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to do the bridge I would have laughed at them if they said I needed to do it again.
    -deleted-

2. Thanks MissWog says "thank you" for this post
    Disagree JustSheila disagreed with this post
    Huh? MissWog, Gadfly didn't understand this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Churchill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kate8024 View Post
    Yes those things concern me and I try to affect what change I can from the inside. Change in an organization like this can't be only an externally-driven thing - it takes people trying to change the mindset of the internal culture. Do I believe I'll have some big impact? No, absolutely not. But I do believe that I have some small impact in almost every interaction that I have with staff and SO members.

What makes you certain that I'm a Scientologist when many of the others here are claiming I'm not a Scientologist?

I said I believe you are a Scientologist. Could you please elaborate on the reactions you have received when discussing the Nation of Islam, the killing of Lisa Mc Pherson, the harassment and intimidation of former Scientologists who have spoken out, the impisonment of Scientology staff, the abandonment of elderly Scientologists, the routine break-up of families, and bankruptcies. You say those things concern you, but your response seems... well, glib. How do you rationalize being in the Church? I'd really like to know, Kate. Also, please tell me the reaction you get from Scientologists if and when you mention that David Miscavige beats his staff.
    Last edited by Churchill; 22nd February 2014 at 07:25 PM.
    -Len Zinberg

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough,
    we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we've been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."
    -Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

www.xenu.net

www.tonyortega.org

4. Thanks aegerprimo says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JustSheila, MissWog liked this post
    On a small mountain surrounded by many acres of forest.

Quote Originally Posted by olska View Post
    Regarding what I have bolded in your post quoted above, could you give a few examples of what you consider to be their "really great work?"
    From Kate:

" I think that Bridge and Golden Era do really great work."

Yeah, me too - give a few examples please. What "great work" might that be? Great? I can't help myself:

Last edited by Gadfly; 23rd February 2014 at 04:38 AM.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"They must know how to kindle and fan an extravagant hope". - Eric Hoffer about the "true believer". "Total Freedom", "your eternity", and "OT" involve a few of the extravagant hopes in Scientology.

Go HERE to view and/or download the essay, "The Three Basic Scientology Beliefs".

6. LOL! JustSheila, lotus laughed at this post
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

If my endorsement is actually a good thing, it might scare people off if my conversations here are any indication ;-)
    That sounds to me like a "yes, if you want." If so, thank you. If not, squawk.

By the way, a friend recently gave me a ThetaMeter and I'm hoping to eventually get around to reverse engineering the protocol it uses to talk to the desktop software then write some new software for it that does a sort of automatic session where it can give commands and use voice recognition to know when to move to the next questions/commands (as well as trying to intelligently read the meter itself so the PC doesn't have to think about it). Sort of an integration of PaulsRobot and metering software. I don't have a lot of free time since I started going back to university but hopefully I'll get around to it one day.
    Well, that would be interesting to see. I toyed with the idea of making PaulsRobot receptive to voice commands, but it seemed to me that I couldn't formulate a command to click a link in a PaulsRobot page (like "I picked an item. Next?") rather than a simple browser menu option such as "Open New tab." Plus it would have to be very clear to avoid the mess of moving to the wrong page and having to back up and try again, which would tend to throw one out of session. However, you being a proper software engineer and not a simple static HTML page creator like me (not being snarky!), maybe you know how to achieve that.

I have a Thetameter. Long ago I looked carefully at the possibility of robot metering and decided that it would never work, but I'm always willing to be convinced otherwise by a better rationale. Or better by practical demonstration of a working prototype!

Good luck anyway, if you ever get around to either of these.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Silver Meritorious Patron

And next question...

Sure thing!

Some indie groups, from what I have seen, view Ron as Source to an even greater degree than the CofS does. I personally believe the material needs _a_lot_ of modification and when I look at the actual changes that were part of the GAT changes almost all of them look to me like improvements. Now I don't buy the evil transcriptionist story one bit but I think most of the changes to the materials themselves were a good thing. Every indie I have talked to about it is completely against the GAT changes. I think the GAT changes didn't go near far enough.
    What further tech (or other than tech, if that's what you meant) changes should have been done in order, in your opinion, for the GAT changes to go far enough?

Give us a general idea of the extent of changes you would like to see, and a few specific examples, please?

9. Thanks degraded being, MissWog says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JustSheila liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by DagwoodGum View Post

Often others consider language too big a deal to alter in any way but I know that there are endless reasons for endless things as itís not all so cut and dry as some of Hubbardís contentions that "this automatically means that and nothing else."
    What level of training and auditing have you done, either in or out? Not asked for elitist purposes as Iím not one to hold that number of years and amount of services received is a feather in oneís cap. I guess it could depend on whether oneís cap is made from ostrich, sand or tin foil Ė all of which hang tattered on my rack.
    I agree that language is a fluid, ever changing thing and should be fun.

Since I don't believe in the bridge as being a thing with levels that question requires a bit of a non-standard answer. I could potentially list all of the individual processes I've done but that would be rather tedious and I doubt many are interested. I've spent some doing processes all the way from Self Analysis to Solo NOTs. I skip around as the mood strikes me.
    -deleted-

11. LOL! JustSheila laughed at this post
    On a small mountain surrounded by many acres of forest.

The CofS has shown that its willing to change the material to some extent, some indies are violently against this but I believe it to be something that needs to be taken even further. It's not that the CofS views someone else as source, its that they are willing to ignore the idea of LRH as source to make improvements - even if those improvements are only <1% of the ones I think need to be made. Not all indies are this way by any means, but its a common sentiment that I encountered.

There is at least one website which goes through many (if not all) of the GAT changes but I can't find it offhand. A little googling around should bring it up though. When I went through it though I didn't find one change I wouldn't have made myself.

Now the topic of making people redo the bridge after the GAT releases is a different story. I think that is dumb and had I paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to do the bridge I would have laughed at them if they said I needed to do it again.
    What a horrendously amazing distortion of reality. Your gullibility (or spin) knows no bounds.

"The CofS has shown that its willing to change the material to some extent".

Miscavige sat at his desk and rewrote whatever the fuck he wanted to. They re-released the Basic Books, with very MINOR changes, as an income ploy (make all members purchase NEW libraries).

Hubbard changed the materials day after day, month after month, and year after year, while maintaining the claim and illusion that "Scientology had long since reached a point of total workability, stability and exactness" (ref: KSW). A major lie and deception has always been that Scientology had a fixed and stable "bridge to total freedom", yet in fact, the details were ALWAYS CHANGING. While the small details may change, whether under Hubbard or now under Miscavige, the BIG LIES remain intact and the same.

You had to reach in far to pull THIS ONE out of your ass:

"willing to ignore the idea of LRH as source".

Example please? Where was THAT ever stated or admitted? What weird concatenation of logic results in THAT notion?

Again, this is silly beyond belief. One would have to rewrite and edit large amounts of books, HCOBs and policies to get anywhere ever close to such an alien idea.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"They must know how to kindle and fan an extravagant hope". - Eric Hoffer about the "true believer". "Total Freedom", "your eternity", and "OT" involve a few of the extravagant hopes in Scientology.

Go HERE to view and/or download the essay, "The Three Basic Scientology Beliefs".

13. Thanks Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Affect changes from the inside? As a fringe "member" who only does extension courses? A person who isn't even an IAS member. You are funny beyond belief. You, the self-proclaimed "fringe dilettante", affects changes (impacts) on Sea Org members?
    Everyone impacts each other to some degree with every interaction. I'm not going in trying to be a revolutionary with guns blasting. I'm saying anyone has completely changed their tune because of me. What I am saying is that I might cause a few people to think 2-3% differently than they did before. That's still change. It's small, but thats often how change happens. I'm not writing Knowledge Reports on alterations of tech and things like that - that's big deal type things that are attempts to directly affect big changes. I'm simply modeling to the people that I interact with in the church what I believe a more reasonable and critical Scientologist should look and act like without going so far outside of their worldview as to create massive friction.
    -deleted-

15. LOL! aegerprimo laughed at this post
    WTF? JustSheila, aegerprimo said WTF? to this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

I think that Bridge and Golden Era do really great work.
    I'm so sorry. I wish you well on your recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    From Kate:

" I think that Bridge and Golden Era do really great work."

Yeah, me too. What "great work" might that be? Great? I can't help myself:
    I like the work done on things like the Scientology commercials and the various quote videos, I like the actual physical books and lectures. I find the new artwork designs to be beautiful, I love the paper and printing quality in the hardcover books, I like the design of the CD cases, and so on. The sound and video restoration work is in some cases amazing. The people who actually make these materials I think do an excellent job.
    -deleted-

18. Thanks MissWog says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! JustSheila, aegerprimo, Boson Wog Stark laughed at this post
Page 9 of 88 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast