Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I Am Not Anonymous

Silver Meritorious Patron Lynn Fountain Campbell's Avatar

Default I Am Not Anonymous

I am not anonymous.
    C of S knows where I work.
    They know where I live.
    And they know I'm "disaffected."

I have a business in the belly of the Scientology beast, half a block from their complex in L.A. (Shear Perfection Salon, 4865 Fountain Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90029 Phone: 323-662-9735).

I used to think that by not posting to the Internet, I'd be demonstrating my peaceful intentions towards them. Live and let live, you know?

Silly me. They don't get it.

Let me tell you a bit of what I privately wrote to Emma a few days ago.

I used to employ Scientologists as receptionists and stupidly didn't get the locks changed when they left. So a couple of weeks ago I came to my shop and found all the lights and heater on and the back door partially unlocked, and with the situation being what it is, I would not have left things that way.

So when I got over being wierded-out, I called the police, and an officer came over and made a trespass report. It would have been a burglary report, but I couldn't see that anything was missing. It was like they just wanted to mess with my mind: "We were heeeeeeeere," you know?

So anyway, I have finally gotten the locks changed, but.... By the way, I am an ex-Class VIII ("permanent" ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha) and was "in" for over 40 years until I finally quit ignoring all the inconsistencies I was seeing. I love this board. Been lurking herre for several months and decided a while back that when I post, I'm going to do it with my real name. I'm already on the "dirty tricks list," so I might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb. I haven't even done anything except change my mind. And occasionally talk about it. Who do I think I am, huh? TALKING about it!!!

Incidentally, another thing they do is alternately deluge me with business and then snatch it away (maybe to prove to me that I "need" them, and to make me worry about what the consequences would be if they all disconnected). It worked too. Take a win, OSA. Right now, they're in boycott mode.

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out why they don't just declare me and be done with it, instead of playing all these cat-and-mouse games, and I think it goes something like this:

If they declare me, there I'll be. Sitting there. An SP in their midst. Then everybody who's thinking about blowing will know they can find a sympathetic ear half a block away. Kind of like the old Lisa McPherson Trust in Clearwater. And they definitely don't want to set up another situation like that. They may be crazy, but they're not stoopid.

No. They have to put me out of business first. So that's what they're trying to do with a comparatively small number of "volunteers," instead of making it BPI (Broad Public Issue). I'm in a strategic location.

So there you have it. My first post. Watch out, Alanzo!

Haircut, anyone? For obvious reasons, I no longer take walk-ins, but you're welcome to call for an appointment. 323-662-9735. I'd appreciate the business.

Love,
    Lynn
    Ex-Class VIII "permanent"
    Shear Perfection Salon
    4865 Fountain Avenue
    Los Angeles, CA 90029
    323-662-9735

2. Thanks Out/Int, cleared cannibal, Maria Cuervo, Lori, Enthetan and 8 others says "thank you" for this post
    Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

Wow! What an terrific post. Welcome and if I was on the other side of the Pond I would come visit. I really look forward to hearing more!
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

4. Likes Free Being Me liked this post
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Fountain Campbell View Post
    I am not anonymous.
    They know where I live.

I have a business in the belly of the Scientology beast, half a block from their complex in L.A. (Shear Perfection Salon, 4865 Fountain Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90029 Phone: 323-662-9735).

I used to think that by not posting to the Internet, I'd be demonstrating my peaceful intentions towards them. Live and let live, you know?

I used to employ Scientologists as receptionists and stupidly didn't get the locks changed when they left. So a couple of weeks ago I came to my shop and found all the lights and heater on and the back door partially unlocked, and with the situation being what it is, I would not have left things that way.

So when I got over being wierded-out, I called the police, and an officer came over and made a trespass report. It would have been a burglary report, but I couldn't see that anything was missing. It was like they just wanted to mess with my mind: "We were heeeeeeeere," you know?

So anyway, I have finally gotten the locks changed, but.... By the way, I am an ex-Class VIII ("permanent" ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha) and was "in" for over 40 years until I finally quit ignoring all the inconsistencies I was seeing. I love this board. Been lurking herre for several months and decided a while back that when I post, I'm going to do it with my real name. I'm already on the "dirty tricks list," so I might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb. I haven't even done anything except change my mind. And occasionally talk about it. Who do I think I am, huh? TALKING about it!!!

Incidentally, another thing they do is alternately deluge me with business and then snatch it away (maybe to prove to me that I "need" them, and to make me worry about what the consequences would be if they all disconnected). It worked too. Take a win, OSA. Right now, they're in boycott mode.

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out why they don't just declare me and be done with it, instead of playing all these cat-and-mouse games, and I think it goes something like this:

If they declare me, there I'll be. Sitting there. An SP in their midst. Then everybody who's thinking about blowing will know they can find a sympathetic ear half a block away. Kind of like the old Lisa McPherson Trust in Clearwater. And they definitely don't want to set up another situation like that. They may be crazy, but they're not stoopid.

No. They have to put me out of business first. So that's what they're trying to do with a comparatively small number of "volunteers," instead of making it BPI (Broad Public Issue). I'm in a strategic location.

Haircut, anyone? For obvious reasons, I no longer take walk-ins, but you're welcome to call for an appointment. 323-662-9735. I'd appreciate the business.

Love,
    Lynn
    Shear Perfection Salon
    4865 Fountain Avenue
    Los Angeles, CA 90029
    323-662-9735
    ALL RIGHT!!!

I think I've gotten my hair cut at your place before!!!

WooHoo!! Excellent plan, too, being there for people when they are getting out. Like the Underground Railroad!

And if they fuck with your business - you can sue them!!! Like Larry Wollersheim.

And win!!!

Welcome LYNN!!!!

6. Thanks SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Likes hybrid, SweetnessandLight liked this post

This is making me crazy.

I know I know you. Your name is very familiar. I have gotten my hair cut there more than once. (Isn't that where Jerry whatshername who went on staff at the Freewinds used to work?)

I just can't place your face.

PM time.

If they declare me, there I'll be. Sitting there. An SP in their midst. Then everybody who's thinking about blowing will know they can find a sympathetic ear half a block away.

A sympathetic ear, plus some fetching blonde highlights.

An unbeatable combo. :D

Gold Meritorious Patron Kathy (ImOut)'s Avatar

Welcome, Lynn.

Very interesting story. I've seen your ads but never visited your salon. Now I'm out of the state and don't plan on returning.

Patron with Honors

Welcome, Lynn.

Silver Meritorious Patron Colleen K. Peltomaa's Avatar

I am not anonymous.
    They know where I live.

Love,
    Lynn
    Shear Perfection Salon
    4865 Fountain Avenue
    Los Angeles, CA 90029
    323-662-9735

Hi, Lynn! I do believe you and I met and you gave me a nice haircut and we had a good theta conversation too. Did you ever give haircuts to the SO staff?

In my recall, there was a "Pie Restaurant" near the Pac Base and people were told not to go there or were discouraged from going there because supposedly disaffected ("nattery") scientologists habitated it.

Welcome to ESMB, a free zone within the freezone.

Silver Meritorious Patron Colleen K. Peltomaa's Avatar

You must be very very close to Pac Base. Girls love to tell all to their hairdresser. Do you still have customers who are scientologists?

Lynn, your name is familiar. Were you in DC at any point back in the 70's?

Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast