Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesse Prince writing about last 4 years of life of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard

Default Jesse Prince writing about last 4 years of life of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard

Jesse Prince writing about last four years of life of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

Jesse Prince: The Future is Here and I'm Feeling Good
    http://princejesse53.blogspot.com/20...ling-good.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Whatís next? I have to finish this writing project so that I can get on with the rest of my life. I am as convinced as ever there are people that want to know. What I am writing about is not more of the same as has been published by others. I am just at the end of writing about the last four years of L Ronís life. When I complete this final part than my work will be done. Since being here in LA, I've had a chance to talk with others who are also out of the Scientology mindset I've discussed with some about what I am writing about. Invariably, I end up having a conversation with them about some things they didn't know about. That is not unusual in Scientology world; the right hand is not told what the left hand is doing.

I do want to make something perfectly clear here. I did not come back to LA to start a war with Scientology or any of its associate organizations. I am not here to organize protest against them either. The purpose of my writing is not to malign anyone still under the spell of Scientology.

I am simply writing my memories of the last four years of L Ronís life from my prospective. I truly believe, what I have to say will clear the air of needless misconceptions about that time period. I donít have an ax to grind with anyone but still some may not like what I have to say. My earlier writings on this Blog temporarily upset some people, but they got over it. I didn't lie or say something that was not true against anyone. I have a passion to always give the truth a chance no matter how unpopular that may be. I know that people are not perfect and they never will be. Everyone has made mistakes somewhere in their lives. My approach to making a mistake; fucking up or having any other behavior problem, is to admit the problem, and try not to do whatever it was again. This seems to be the hardest thing for Scientology leadership to be able to do because thatís how L Ron trained them to act.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

So I just want to thank you people out there for hanging in there with me on this project. There is no way I could do this by myself. There are some real Angels out there that have helped me every step of the way. I push myself daily to do something to get the writing part done, and then it has to go through the rest of the process to get published.

If you are able to, help me get this project born. My goal is to have the work in the hands of a Publisher or an Agent before the end of this year. My email address is prince.jesse0007@gmail.com you can help by hitting this help link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/home

Also, if you know or have contact information for professionals in the publishing industry please send me an email at the above email address. For all other communications just use the same email address.
    Thank you again, this is the final push. Keep watching.

Respectfully Submitted,

Jesse Prince

Silver Meritorious Patron mockingbird's Avatar

Default Re: Jesse Prince writing about last 4 years of life of Scientology founder L. Ron Hub

I cannot wait and hope Jesse pulls no punches !

I want this to get out to many people !
    Mockingbird's Nest : http://mbnest.blogspot.com/search?up...08:00&max-resu

stuff at ESMB
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...390#post989390

NOTE: If I do not respond to posts it may or may not be intentional , I try to be considerate but am not here as a doormat . If someone attacks me or is rude I simply add to ignore .

3. Likes Magoo, Type4_PTS, Jump liked this post

Default Re: Jesse Prince writing about last 4 years of life of Scientology founder L. Ron Hub

Looking forward to some new/fresh insights and a good read

Go go go Jesse!
    'Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.'
    Marcus Aurelius

THE BIG LIST of EX'S who have Spoken Out fx'd

5. Likes Jump liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ogsonofgroo View Post
    Looking forward to some new/fresh insights and a good read

Go go go Jesse!

I bet that this book will be explosive, the impact of which will be felt all the way to Target Two!

7. Likes Ogsonofgroo liked this post

For anyone unfamiliar with Jesse Prince, this is him, from a video shot in March of 2010 at the Hamburg Symposium:

9. Likes mockingbird, Magoo liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron WildKat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Type4_PTS View Post
    [SIZE=3]For anyone unfamiliar with Jesse Prince, this is him, from a video shot in March of 2010 at the Hamburg Symposium:
    Thanks for re-posting these! I somehow managed to miss seeing them years ago.
    Everyone should hear what this guy has to say. Great material there!

11. Likes Type4_PTS liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron BunnySkull's Avatar

Didn't Jesse write up his memories a few years ago? I remember him publishing some chapters and Marty getting all upset over his besmirching of LRH's good name at the time. Jesse also called out Marty on some BS if memory serves me right. I know he became very ill with cancer, so maybe that cut short the effort? (But I did think he finished what he wanted to publish at the time.)

I'm confused why he's raising money if he wants to go to a large publisher? But I would totally understand raising money if he intends to self-publish, sell copies himself (like Marty).

A major publishing house will give him an advance (money) to live on while he writes the book. He needs to simply write a 30 page or less outline of the book he intends to write and submit it to publishers. If they like it, they will work out a contract which will provide funds for him to live on (and more) while he completes the book. Then he will get a agreed upon percentage of the profits from the sale of said book. They would also require hiring a ghost writer to assist him in writing the book, which does bite into an advance.

Obviously a literary agent would make the process easier for him - he should look up the agents that represented Jenna Miscagvie and some of the women who have written about escaping Mormon Fundamentalist cults - agents that specialize in book not by professional authors but by people with exceptional life experiences.

Unfortunately for Jesse the market is a bit saturated on the subject right now given the audience size. Two major authors (Janet and Wright) have tackled the subject very well in the last 4 years. Not to mention Jenna Miscavige, Mark Headley, Amy Scobee, Marty, etc... (though only Jenna used a professional publishing house). However, I do think the fact Jesse had personal knowledge of LRH in the final years gives him a bit of a hook, but the fact he's been openly discussing and been deposed about his years in the cult might make publishers think there won't be much new or groundbreaking info to reveal in a book, so he would have to put some good juice in his outline submission.

If his purpose is really just to get the information out there and be done with it, then he may just want to consider self-publishing a book and go the Marty route. Do a small fundraiser, write the book, give early copies to people who donated a certain amount and then sell copies (either hard copies or e-copies or both) for a fair price. To pursue a major publishing house means it might take years to get the book to market, or to find a publisher interested in tackling the hornet's nest of the CoS. (It's one thing for a aware wining journalist to write an independent investigation of the cult, it's another to have the story of an ex-member who's been tangled up in past lawsuits with the cult publish a tell-all. It might easily scare away a publisher just due to the prospect of legal bills.)

I'd be curious to know if Marty ever tried to get a major publisher for his writing. I always figured they turned him down because he wanted to write about the subject of Scientology and how to salvage it. If he would ever commit to an honest expose of his years in the cult I figured a publisher would be interested, but might get scared off due to the possible litigation that would ensue. Maybe Jesse could check with Marty on this, if nothing else his experience self-publishing might be fruitful for Jesse. (Whether to go that route or avoid it.)

13. Thanks eldritch cuckoo, Lurker5, Lulu Belle, Enthetan says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by CommunicatorIC View Post
    Jesse Prince writing about last four years of life of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

Jesse Prince: The Future is Here and I'm Feeling Good
    The entire content of the above link is well worth reading.

Whatís next? I have to finish this writing project so that I can get on with the rest of my life. I am as convinced as ever there are people that want to know. What I am writing about is not more of the same as has been published by others. I am just at the end of writing about the last four years of L Ronís life. When I complete this final part than my work will be done. Since being here in LA, I've had a chance to talk with others who are also out of the Scientology mindset I've discussed with some about what I am writing about. Invariably, I end up having a conversation with them about some things they didn't know about. That is not unusual in Scientology world; the right hand is not told what the left hand is doing.

I do want to make something perfectly clear here. I did not come back to LA to start a war with Scientology or any of its associate organizations. I am not here to organize protest against them either. The purpose of my writing is not to malign anyone still under the spell of Scientology.

I am simply writing my memories of the last four years of L Ronís life from my prospective. I truly believe, what I have to say will clear the air of needless misconceptions about that time period. I donít have an ax to grind with anyone but still some may not like what I have to say. My earlier writings on this Blog temporarily upset some people, but they got over it. I didn't lie or say something that was not true against anyone. I have a passion to always give the truth a chance no matter how unpopular that may be. I know that people are not perfect and they never will be. Everyone has made mistakes somewhere in their lives. My approach to making a mistake; fucking up or having any other behavior problem, is to admit the problem, and try not to do whatever it was again. This seems to be the hardest thing for Scientology leadership to be able to do because thatís how L Ron trained them to act.

So I just want to thank you people out there for hanging in there with me on this project. There is no way I could do this by myself. There are some real Angels out there that have helped me every step of the way. I push myself daily to do something to get the writing part done, and then it has to go through the rest of the process to get published.

If you are able to, help me get this project born. My goal is to have the work in the hands of a Publisher or an Agent before the end of this year. My email address is prince.jesse0007@gmail.com you can help by hitting this help link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/home

Also, if you know or have contact information for professionals in the publishing industry please send me an email at the above email address. For all other communications just use the same email address.
    Thank you again, this is the final push. Keep watching.

Respectfully Submitted,

Jesse Prince

Thanks.
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

15. Thanks mockingbird, eldritch cuckoo, Enthetan, Bluebell, scooter and 3 others says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by BunnySkull View Post
    Didn't Jesse write up his memories a few years ago? I remember him publishing some chapters and Marty getting all upset over his besmirching of LRH's good name at the time. Jesse also called out Marty on some BS if memory serves me right. I know he became very ill with cancer, so maybe that cut short the effort? (But I did think he finished what he wanted to publish at the time.)

<snip>
    Prior to getting sick he promised to write about the last years of Hubbard's life but never did. That got derailed when he got sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    The entire content of the above link is well worth reading.
    I read the entire post and it was very much worth reading!

17. Thanks eldritch cuckoo, Lurker5, SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Likes SweetnessandLight, Ogsonofgroo liked this post

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast