Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mimi Faust called “tar baby," “jigaboo,” and a “freeloader” by Scientology members

Default Mimi Faust called “tar baby," “jigaboo,” and a “freeloader” by Scientology members

“Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta” star Mimi Faust called “tar baby," “jigaboo,” and a “freeloader” as a child by Scientology members.

Madame Noire: “He Patted Me On The Head Like A Puppy” Mimi Faust Details Finding Out Dad Wasn’t Real Father At 16
    http://madamenoire.com/489418/mimi-faust/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Mimi walked us through her childhood like we’ve never heard before. A lot of us were aware that Mimi’s mother chose scientology over her at the age of 13, but hearing Mimi describe being called “tar baby, “jigaboo,” and a “freeloader” by fellow scientoligists before being kicked out onto the streets with tears in her eyes not only made us sympathize with Mimi but also respect her ability to take care of herself.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Part about Scientology begins at about 2:40 -

2. Thanks phenomanon, apple, HappyGirl, Type4_PTS, Opter and 14 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Type4_PTS, Opter, Kemist, koki, Smurf and 6 others liked this post

Default Re: Mimi Faust called “tar baby," “jigaboo,” and a “freeloader” by Scientology member

OMG! This is bring me to tears

Thank you for speaking out, Mimi Faust. You deserved so much better.

FYI
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...On-Scientology
    Last edited by AnonyMary; 18th November 2014 at 12:54 AM. Reason: FYI
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

4. Thanks Type4_PTS, Veda, Enthetan says "thank you" for this post
    Likes phenomanon, tetloj, Sidney18511 liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron Boojuum's Avatar

Default Re: Mimi Faust called “tar baby," “jigaboo,” and a “freeloader” by Scientology member

Quote Originally Posted by CommunicatorIC View Post
    “Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta” star Mimi Faust called “tar baby," “jigaboo,” and a “freeloader” as a child by Scientology members.

Madame Noire: “He Patted Me On The Head Like A Puppy” Mimi Faust Details Finding Out Dad Wasn’t Real Father At 16
    http://madamenoire.com/489418/mimi-faust/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Mimi walked us through her childhood like we’ve never heard before. A lot of us were aware that Mimi’s mother chose scientology over her at the age of 13, but hearing Mimi describe being called “tar baby, “jigaboo,” and a “freeloader” by fellow scientoligists before being kicked out onto the streets with tears in her eyes not only made us sympathize with Mimi but also respect her ability to take care of herself.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Part about Scientology begins at about 2:40 -

This is an interesting story and heartbreaking and captures perhaps the worst part of Scientology, which is:
    condoning the abandonment of children,
    ignoring the responsibility of parents, and
    assisting the destruction of families.

Mimi's case wasn't rare at all. Even in a CLV org or mission the idea of a keeping a strong and close family is nearly impossible. I left nearly 30 years ago and I'm still trying to mend fences due to the silly logic of PTS Type A handlings, incorrectly assuming family members were evil and putting Scientology way before family.

6. Thanks Opter, ForLease, Veda, tetloj, AngeloV and 2 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Sidney18511, Leland liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

wow -- thanks so much for posting this!

I kinda knew this girl, I met her at least once and knew her whole story back when she was a teenager, through one of the friends that she used to stay with after she was abandoned on the streets of L.A. ... I had no idea she had grown up to be on TV...her particular story/experience is one of the very BIG reasons why I turned away from scientology all those many years ago. Nice to know she's forgiven her mother... I haven't.

It is so, so good to see her grown up and doing so well -- she's definitely a survivor!

Looking forward to parts 2 and 3, any idea where to find those? on the net already?

8. Thanks Type4_PTS, Opter, Udarnik, ForLease, Veda and 3 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Udarnik, Leland, Dean Blair, AnonyMary liked this post

Rough story! Strong lady.
    "Scientology: The only game in the universe where the rapist is your ethics officer." - HelluvaHoax

"Yes Scientology at this point is nothing but its own funeral. You might as well leave early and beat the traffic. " - Thrak

10. Thanks Veda says "thank you" for this post
    Likes apple, Boomima, Opter, AnonyMary, Sidney18511 and 1 others liked this post

Thank you CommunicatorIC for posting another block buster thread/story.

12. Thanks Veda says "thank you" for this post
    Likes AnonyMary, WildKat liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post
    OMG! This is bring me to tears Thank you for speaking out, Mimi Faust. You deserved so much better.
    Yeah, she's putting on a brave front for the cameras, but you can see in her eyes & the way she speaks, she is still carrying emotional baggage from that bad experience. I hope she avails herself to some sort of therapy to come to terms with it all.

Very sad.

14. Thanks Veda, tetloj says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron oneonewasaracecar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Yeah, she's putting on a brave front for the cameras, but you can see in her eyes & the way she speaks, she is still carrying emotional baggage from that bad experience. I hope she avails herself to some sort of science based therapy to come to terms with it all.

Very sad.
    fixt

16. Thanks Veda says "thank you" for this post
    Likes AnonyMary liked this post
    LOL! AnonyMary, Sidney18511 laughed at this post

What a sad story. I have been trying to place her and do not remember her. I do know both her mother and the other female in the picture. I was trying to determine what years she would have been on the Sea Org base. Mace Kingsley moved to Silverlake sometime in the late 80's. The Sea Org kids were also being schooled in the same building as Mace Kingsley. Mace Kingsley was mainly full of Scientology kids whose parents paid for schooling. I wonder if she was in the Sea Org classes or Mace Kingsley proper?

18. Thanks Veda, AnonyMary says "thank you" for this post
    Likes AnonyMary liked this post

Wow.

It takes some guts to slide back that billion years contract to them as an adult, and she did that at 13 years old, knowing she'd become homeless. She had probably been pestered by them many times by then too, and told all sorts of horrible things about the outside world, but she just wouldn't be brainwashed.

20. Thanks Veda, eldritch cuckoo, tetloj, AnonyMary says "thank you" for this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast