Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mimi Faust called “tar baby," “jigaboo,” and a “freeloader” by Scientology members

Gold Meritorious Patron AngeloV's Avatar

Default Re: Mimi Faust called “tar baby," “jigaboo,” and a “freeloader” by Scientology member

She is one courageous, intelligent, strong woman. It is remarkable what she has made of her life considering the complete abandonment by her mother. One false move, one misstep during her adolescence and she could have had a completely ruined life.

Her mom deserves a special place in hell. So does every cultist that encouraged her to put her own daughter out on the street because she would not sign a SO contract...at 13 years old!
    A.V.
    Ex-Sea Org
    "That's what it's all about...credit cards to total freedom!" -- Sparrow
    Scientology is a vacation from reality gone terribly wrong.
    Before you speak - listen
    Before you spend - earn
    Before you write - think
    Before you die - live

2. Thanks WildKat, Type4_PTS, ForLease, Veda, tetloj says "thank you" for this post
    Likes TG1, AnonyMary liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron tetloj's Avatar

Default Re: Mimi Faust called “tar baby," “jigaboo,” and a “freeloader” by Scientology member

Quote Originally Posted by Bea Kiddo View Post
    I wonder if she was in the Sea Org classes or Mace Kingsley proper?
    She was a student at the Mace-Kingsley school in Silver Lake (named for its founders, two Scientologists; today the place is in Clearwater, Florida, and is an after-school center for kids to get Scientology auditing). For the rest of the school year, Mimi says, she had to scramble to find a place to stay each night
    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...vh1_lhhatl.php

4. Thanks Veda, AnonyMary, Bea Kiddo says "thank you" for this post

Thanks. But the schools were both at the same place and really Mimi is the only one who would know which class she was in.

6. Thanks tetloj, AnonyMary says "thank you" for this post

I forgot that Tony wrote about her in a full article. I knew stuff had been written... thanks for the link. All the info about her mom is there in the article and comments.
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

Silver Meritorious Patron tetloj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post
    I forgot that Tony wrote about her in a full article. I knew stuff had been written... thanks for the link. All the info about her mom is there in the article and comments.
    If anyone had any doubts about her interview it is completely consistent with this earlier interview with Tony.

Embedded in the article are links to an additional story about Mimi's mother's roles in the Sea Org/OSA

9. Thanks Type4_PTS, AnonyMary says "thank you" for this post
    Likes AnonyMary liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

What a sad story. I have been trying to place her and do not remember her. I do know both her mother and the other female in the picture. I was trying to determine what years she would have been on the Sea Org base. Mace Kingsley moved to Silverlake sometime in the late 80's. The Sea Org kids were also being schooled in the same building as Mace Kingsley. Mace Kingsley was mainly full of Scientology kids whose parents paid for schooling. I wonder if she was in the Sea Org classes or Mace Kingsley proper?
    She was part of some loosely-run class by some guy who taught the kids enough to qualify for their GED -- not a SO school or Mace Kingsley. I don't recall his name, might have been Larry something... I didn't actually know him, only know this because that's how the friend I knew (one of her teenage peers) who sometimes took her in was "educated." She was born in 1970 (this info comes up in a google search) so would have been 13 in 1983. It was sometime after that -- maybe 2,3 years -- when I met her (very briefly) and then later heard, from her friend, the whole saga. Didn't know what had become of her until now. She has a website and is obviously working at being a "public personality" so maybe she will reveal more of her history as time goes on.

She was one of a bunch of kids her age, with scientologist parents my age, who were pretty much abandoned and left to run wild and make their own way in L.A. from an early age. This behavior (of the PARENTS) was sanctioned by other scientologists -- not just CoS management, but by other PUBLIC scientologists as well -- and when the kids couldn't "make it go right" to become model citizens perfect angel dedicated scientologists, blame fell on the children, not the parents.

That's why I really don't buy the "Oh, I didn't KNOW what was going on...." excuse from back in that day, and it still makes me angry.

So glad to see you, Bea, doing so well in life; and now to see this young woman making her way so boldly. Proof that there is, indeed, life after scientology!

Edit: OK, just saw the article by Tony O. -- new to me. It says Mace Kingsley school, so that's probably right... the friend I knew went to that other class I mentioned above.

11. Thanks WildKat, Opter, Boojuum, Veda, AnonyMary and 1 others says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by olska View Post
    She was part of some loosely-run class by some guy who taught the kids enough to qualify for their GED -- not a SO school or Mace Kingsley. I don't recall his name, might have been Larry something... I didn't actually know him, only know this because that's how the friend I knew (one of her teenage peers) who sometimes took her in was "educated." She was born in 1970 (this info comes up in a google search) so would have been 13 in 1983. It was sometime after that -- maybe 2,3 years -- when I met her (very briefly) and then later heard, from her friend, the whole saga. Didn't know what had become of her until now. She has a website and is obviously working at being a "public personality" so maybe she will reveal more of her history as time goes on.

She was one of a bunch of kids her age, with scientologist parents my age, who were pretty much abandoned and left to run wild and make their own way in L.A. from an early age. This behavior (of the PARENTS) was sanctioned by other scientologists -- not just CoS management, but by other PUBLIC scientologists as well -- and when the kids couldn't "make it go right" to become model citizens perfect angel dedicated scientologists, blame fell on the children, not the parents.

That's why I really don't buy the "Oh, I didn't KNOW what was going on...." excuse from back in that day, and it still makes me angry.

So glad to see you, Bea, doing so well in life; and now to see this young woman making her way so boldly. Proof that there is, indeed, life after scientology!

Edit: OK, just saw the article by Tony O. -- new to me. It says Mace Kingsley school, so that's probably right... the friend I knew went to that other class I mentioned above.
    Thank you Olska. You are talking about Jerry. I think his last name was Owens. There were two horses that he either cared for or owned and he tried to teach the kids a little more about life in the real world and not just ramming Scn down our throats. There is a picture posted by Polly of the kids around that time. Is she in the pic, top left? (I am in it, second row, sitting down, second from the left in white shirt).

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...ghlight=school (scroll down to 19th post by DullOldFart)

13. Thanks ForLease, AnonyMary, tetloj says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

Thank you Olska. You are talking about Jerry. I think his last name was Owens. There were two horses that he either cared for or owned and he tried to teach the kids a little more about life in the real world and not just ramming Scn down our throats. There is a picture posted by Polly of the kids around that time. Is she in the pic, top left? (I am in it, second row, sitting down, second from the left in white shirt).

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...ghlight=school (scroll down to 19th post by DullOldFart)
    I don't recognize any of the kids in the photo with you.

Parents of the kids I knew were not S.O., they were mostly staff or public at L.A. Org, where I was on lines (and later, staff) from 1976 forward until late 1978 -- some of the kids I knew fairly well, others I just knew "about." I heard stories about conditions for children and "cadets" in the Sea Org during that time, mostly from one of my adult friends (public) who had a daughter also about that age, and was in my opinion a good parent who also tried to help out the other kids as much as she could... but the only ones I knew personally were NOT in Sea Org, they were the children of fellow L.A. Org Staff, OR public scientologists that I knew during and after my time at L.A. Org.

I met the friend of Mimi after I was off staff, met Mimi once or twice (I don't remember) but didn't hear the whole story until much later, when she and friend would have been late teens, and by that time I was no longer involved, but was kinda "on the fence" about any future in scientology. Mimi's story helped me decide to never set foot in a CoS ever again, and I haven't.

In my opinion, even many of the PUBLIC scientology parents I knew had some very irresponsible and destructive attitudes about how to care for and educate their children (based on scientology tech and concepts such as ethics conditions, getting "auditing" for children who didn't behave as they wished rather than just having a good sit-down conversation with them, etc.), and the children suffered unnecessarily because of it -- though not to the degree as those with SO parents.

I also know that there are many, many examples of horrific child abuse that happens outside of scientology-world, some of which is so far worse than what happened to scientology children, that one might wonder why we get into these lengthy discussions about it... but if we are ever to stamp out ALL forms of child abuse, we must inform ourselves and attend to those things we've observed and experienced, even if they could be called "mild" in comparison to the worst. Every future generation depends on us to inform, educate, and RANT about neglect, abandonment and abuse until it is no more.

my 2 cents

15. Thanks anonomog, ForLease, Bea Kiddo says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron phenomanon's Avatar

What a sad story. I have been trying to place her and do not remember her. I do know both her mother and the other female in the picture. I was trying to determine what years she would have been on the Sea Org base. Mace Kingsley moved to Silverlake sometime in the late 80's. The Sea Org kids were also being schooled in the same building as Mace Kingsley. Mace Kingsley was mainly full of Scientology kids whose parents paid for schooling. I wonder if she was in the Sea Org classes or Mace Kingsley proper?
    Mace and Kingsley were living in Silverlake and running a field practice in 1979/80 threreabouts. Debbie was case sup'ing some of my Field PCs.

17. Thanks Veda, Bea Kiddo says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by phenomanon View Post
    Mace and Kingsley were living in Silverlake and running a field practice in 1979/80 threreabouts. Debbie was case sup'ing some of my Field PCs.
    Oops, I stand corrected. I should have said that the ATA (Sea Org school for kids) moved in to where Mace Kingsley classes were held in Silverlake in the late 80's. (Mace Kingsley did not move, the ATA school moved in with them).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast