Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Oprah Winfrey a Scientologist?

Patron with Honors Hanover Fist's Avatar

Default Is Oprah Winfrey a Scientologist?

I just heard Oprah say on her show today (2/6/08):

"I just called in bubbles with a silver bubble blower!" (I am quoting from memory)

She said this in response to a discussion on how thoughts control reality (within the context of the book The Secret). She told about how she had a man on her show some time back who was attempting to blow a record-setting bubble. Oprah then said she thought to herself how much she would like to blow some bubbles that weekend with someone (I don't remember who). She then went to her office to find that the person she was thinking about had sent her bubbles and a silver bubble blower for her birthday some time ago, she just didn't notice it. Now she calls it her "Miracle Bubble Blower".

Now THAT is sloppy thinking. And her statement seemed, I don't know...weird. Maybe, just maybe, she didn't notice the basket before the bubble show.

Do you think Oprah has never heard of Occam and his Razor?

Hanover Fist
    "Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true."
    Thomas Paine

"We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances."
    Isaac Newton

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?"
    Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Blog Entries

deleted

Default Ophra a Scientologist?

No, but she sounds like an air head.

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnAnchovie View Post
    But a billionaire airhead who earned it not inherited it.

Paul

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by johnAnchovie View Post
    Psssst!!! She knows 'The Secret'!!!

Zinj

Silver Meritorious Patron Lovesnightsky's Avatar
    Moving on :) will check in every now and then.

Keep your paws off Oprah lads, she rocks!
    And hell no, she's NOT a scientologist.

[please God, don't prove me wrong, I'll be a good girl, promise, just don't let Oprah be a scientologist, pretty please with sugar on top]
    On Earth for the sole purpose of Enlightenment and Ascension. In other words, to BE ;)

I am also a FoTi fan
    Read her scientology experience.

Gold Meritorious Patron Kathy (ImOut)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lovesnightsky View Post
    Keep your paws off Oprah lads, she rocks!
    And hell no, she's NOT a scientologist.

[please God, don't prove me wrong, I'll be a good girl, promise, just don't let Oprah be a scientologist, pretty please with sugar on top]
    Too funny. If she is, I'll have to stop watching her the few times a month that I do. LOL!!!

I'm recording today's show on the DVR. I'll watch it and see what I think. I really don't think she is. And I think TC scared her from ever wanting to be one - when he jumped on her couch. If you look at some of the shots very carefully, Oprah looks embarrassed by TC's behavior. Hell, I would have called security to have him removed.
    Nothing lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances, & never have regrets, because at one point, everything you did was exactly what you wanted.
    "There is no freedom like seeing myself as I am and not losing heart."~Elizabeth J. Canham from Dark Phoenix

hahahaha that is funny. If Oprah is a scientologist, we would know about it. BTW the lady who wrote "the Secret" did what L. Ron did and ripped off a bunch of other theroies from before she was even born to write that book/movie, only she gave some credit where credit is due. "The Secret" is old news in the New Age. At first I was indignant to this book and it's author, but you know, it is important information and if it get's people like my two aunties and grandma thinking positive, then it is alright with me. The author (can't think of her name, too lazy to google it) has affirmed to the universe "I have a gaggillion dollars" and the universe doth provideth. haha...

The Secret is to think positive in your life. That's one of the best secrets to know.

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Poofy View Post
    The Secret is to think positive in your life. That's one of the best secrets to know.
    I positively think my bank account has twice as much money today as yesterday!!!

Zinj

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast