Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Likely Cause of Addiction Has Been Discovered, and It Is Not What You Think

Gold Meritorious Patron

Default Re: The Likely Cause of Addiction Has Been Discovered, and It Is Not What You Think

Makes some sense, perhaps. Still I suspect that the drug king pins who are in prison are probably running their business from the prisons and that overlooking or even corrupt government individuals are bought off and complicit in the continuance. Similar to a problem in the US where criminals are schools of better criminal methods.
    I really don't know. I do like the aspect of helping. Are there cases or countries where your suggestions are actually helping?

Default Re: The Likely Cause of Addiction Has Been Discovered, and It Is Not What You Think

Quote Originally Posted by dchoiceisalwaysrs View Post
    Makes some sense, perhaps. Still I suspect that the drug king pins who are in prison are probably running their business from the prisons and that overlooking or even corrupt government individuals are bought off and complicit in the continuance. Similar to a problem in the US where criminals are schools of better criminal methods.
    I really don't know. I do like the aspect of helping. Are there cases or countries where your suggestions are actually helping?
    I typed a long answer to this the other night and then when I lost my net connection I lost my post as well.

But will answer it at another time. (wasn't meaning to ignore you)

Apparently some TSA agents got bored while protecting us from terrorists and smuggled approximately 20 TONS of Cocaine through an airport in Puerto Rico:

“These individuals were involved in a conspiracy to traffic massive quantities of illegal narcotics to the continental United States,” Rosa Emilia Rodríguez-Vélez, U.S. Attorney for the District of Puerto Rico, said in a statement.

http://thehill.com/policy/transporta...in-puerto-rico
    It's not the first time that employees of the federal government have been involved in drug trafficking.

I guess they didn't get the memo that their employer had declared a "war on drugs".

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post

Before you got involved in the Cult of Hubbard, were you feeling like you didn't really belong anywhere and no-one really knew who you really were? Did the cult (at least initially) satisfy that need?

Did you feel like you were "finally home" in $cientology? That you'd discovered your true self along with your true soul-mates?

As Steve Cannane pointed out late last year, most of the folk that he knew were in the cult had either been born into it (and thus would know of no other place where they'd truly feel at home) or had joined around the age of 18-25, when life is ruled by emotions and the brain is still growing the frontal lobes and connection. My wonder is that maybe it's also when a person's social connections are tenuous with those he/she has had in the past as they now explore their own ideas and ideals and beliefs and see how much they tend to differ from those they've grown up with. And one starts to see how fucked up the world is and ask why can't it be a much better place.

Did your addiction to the cause of "Clearing the Planet" leave you restless for a fight of some sort to fill the void once you'd woken up to the Hubbardscam? Leave you with an itch that was hard to scratch?
    Provocative questions, scooter. I'm a bit different, because although I can say "Yes" to the first two, I fall apart on the rest. By the time I'd been on staff for eight years, I was dead inside, a husk of a woman. Going through the motions. I couldn't leave because the whole anguished future of blah blah and I couldn't stay because it was killing me.

Then I got booted out because my then-husband was consorting with SPs, and not about to stop.

I did not care any more about the planet, about anyone, about any causes, about being part of any greater cause any more. I had a small child and I was pregnant. All of my attention and efforts were given to taking care of my daughters and getting an education so I could become employed in a real job. And I did. I have no longing, zero, nada, zilch, for any other "group" or "purpose." They can all take a flying leap, as far as I'm concerned. And religions? Hah! Don't get me started (wait, too late, I already did...)
    But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

5. Thanks AngeloV, exsomessenger, Type4_PTS says "thank you" for this post

Many police officers believe that the laws on the books for Marijuana are BS.

A friend of mine who is a police officer posted on FB:
    "Hahaha, people aren't buying the BS "WAR on DRUGS."
    ...and than linked to this article:

Local Police Brag of Pot Bust, Gets Destroyed in Facebook Comment Section By Thousands of Concerned Citizens
    http://mmaimports.com/2017/03/local-...rned-citizens/

There were thousands of comments blasting the police for this before they removed the original post and comments from the FB page.

But a screenshot of the original post and a few of the comments are posted at above link.

Another police officer (retired) commented:
    "Wow...he acted like he busted a freighter full of drugs....I laughed when I saw those little baggies on his desk. While he was doing his big drug busts, his zone probably had burglaries occurring in it."

Published on Oct 29, 2015
    What causes addiction? Easy, right? Drugs cause addiction. But maybe it is not that simple.

This video is adapted from Johann Hari's New York Times best-selling book 'Chasing The Scream: The First and Last Days of the War on Drugs.' For more information, and to take a quiz to see what you know about addiction, go to www.chasingthescream.com

<snip>

8. Thanks Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234