Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Scientology Beliefs

Default Re: Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Scientology Beliefs

New here. Just registered. I left the "church" in the late 90's after having gotten into lron's OT levels. It became apparent to me at that time that those "beliefs" that Mr. Rathbun wrote of (at least the first 2) and expressed throughout lron's fabulous "works", especially his OT levels, were knowingly fabricated by lron and intentionally foisted upon individuals using quite effective hypnosis techniques. Some may think he was just loony and believed his own BS. I realized from certain policy letters, training films and other rantings that lron very much knew he was making it up as he went. Yes, the "friend to mankind" simply had cold hard stones. He was evil.

I laugh sometimes thinking about lron envisioning a world of people hypnotized into believing that they were brought to earth by a comic book character and blown up by H-bombs in volcanos and paying him trillions for the favor. I mean WTF! Stones.

2. Thanks Lermanet_com, AngeloV, mockingbird, La La Lou Lou, Lurker5 and 11 others says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Beldar View Post
    New here. Just registered. I left the "church" in the late 90's after having gotten into lron's OT levels. It became apparent to me at that time that those "beliefs" that Mr. Rathbun wrote of (at least the first 2) and expressed throughout lron's fabulous "works", especially his OT levels, were knowingly fabricated by lron and intentionally foisted upon individuals using quite effective hypnosis techniques. Some may think he was just loony and believed his own BS. I realized from certain policy letters, training films and other rantings that lron very much knew he was making it up as he went. Yes, the "friend to mankind" simply had cold hard stones. He was evil.

I laugh sometimes thinking about lron envisioning a world of people hypnotized into believing that they were brought to earth by a comic book character and blown up by H-bombs in volcanos and paying him trillions for the favor. I mean WTF! Stones.

Hey Beldar!

4. Thanks Northern Shewolf, Knows says "thank you" for this post
    Likes betskand, Lurker5, Northern Shewolf, Knows liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Scientology Beliefs (Marty Rathbun's blog)

1. Planet Earth is a prison. The vast majority of human beings – and billions of invisible other beings – are its inmates.

2. Xenu is the name of scientology’s Satan who established Earth as a prison and transported billions of beings to serve as its inmates.

3. Our continued imprisonment is assured by ‘psychs.’ ‘Psychs’ are defined as psychiatrists, psychologists, psycho-therapists, priests, ministers, and anyone else practicing in the field of the mind and spirit. Psychs were sent here from a planet called ‘Farsec.’ They are a special breed of being created and invested with the sole purpose of keeping humankind mentally imprisoned.

4. Ron Hubbard is the first to discover the truth of 1 through 3 above, and the only one to have devised a means of escaping the prison planet.

So! If this is a prison planet and Ron has the only way to escape, Scientology isn't really a religion then, is it?

It would more accurately be described as a Travel Agency. With one curious idiosyncrasy. . . .

Scientology loves to heap the highest praise upon its VIP customers who bought the entire escape package. But if any of those former VIP customers return to the agency after their trip and tries to talk to new customers in the waiting room about their experience, the staff members start screaming that they are evil, lying criminals--and the police are immediately called to have them arrested.
    Last edited by HelluvaHoax!; 4th February 2015 at 09:59 AM.

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

6. Thanks Lermanet_com, Gizmo, Karen#1, eldritch cuckoo says "thank you" for this post

I wonder if Ron's sent any postcards from Target 2 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Type4_PTS View Post
    OK, I'm not OT III, however I DO recall Xenu (also spelled Xemu).

In fact, I knew all about him years before I got involved with Scientology.

Thank you Type4 that little baby never gets old. It's such a good example of hubbard's penchant for stealing ideas. After all Hubbard inhabited the world of pulp science fiction and could not have missed the macabre menace of XEMU the merciless.

He may have even misread it as the marcab menace...

Edit: The issue pictured was issued 1975. Hubbard wrote OT3 around 1966/67.

However Xemnu the merciless had been a marvel character since about 1960.

From liveleak (page plays audio of Hubbard's History of Xemu 'goof the floof' lecture)
    A Marvel Comics villain called Xemnu the Titan featured in Journey into Mystery #62 (Nov, 1960) and #66 (Mar, 1961) as a prototype of The Hulk; Marvel widely reprinted these stories in early 1967 [13] [14]. The Xemnu tale features similar themes to Hubbard's Xenu story: an alien warlord, escape from prison, mass death, telepathy and mental possession of other bodies [15] [16]. A different Marvel villain called Zemu or Xemu appeared in Strange Tales #103 (Dec, 1962) [17] and Fantastic Four #158 (May, 1975) [18].
    Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9f5_1...0x2yfLXjXjM.99
    Last edited by Jump; 4th February 2015 at 10:39 AM.

"Of course, if it's true that Mr. Hubbard was never injured during the war,
    then he never did heal himself using Dianetics principles,
    then Dianetics is based on a lie, and then Scientology is based on a lie." - Tommy Davis

9. Thanks Boojuum, Gizmo, mockingbird, Leland, La La Lou Lou and 2 others says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! eldritch cuckoo laughed at this post
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Thanks very much. I see I made a similar post on that thread. Forgot all about it. Must be getting old.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

11. Thanks Type4_PTS, Lurker5, Northern Shewolf says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Northern Shewolf liked this post
    brainslugged reptilian eldritch cuckoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jump View Post
    Edit: The issue pictured was issued 1975. Hubbard wrote OT3 around 1966/67.

However Xemnu the merciless had been a marvel character since about 1960.

From liveleak (page plays audio of Hubbard's History of Xemu 'goof the floof' lecture)

From my "Fantastic Four Encyclopedia", translation from German:

Zemu

True Name: Zemu alias Xemu
    First Appearance: Strange Tales I, 103 (1962)

Powers/Weapons:
    Advanced technology: dimension transporter, energy beams, sound amplificating thunder horn

Intelligence: 2/7
    Strength: 2/7
    Speed: 2/7
    Resilience: 2/7
    Energy projection: 1/7
    Combat skills: 2/7
    Conclusion? Xemu (or Zemu) sucks - DR. DOOM FOR PRESIDENT!!!
    The Force is a two-way-comm thing, like Google. You can feed it with all possible sorts of stuff, but eventually it reacts with immoral offerings.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
    (Bertrand Russell)

Why Conspiracy Theories Suck (video by Chris Shelton)

13. LOL! Jump, Northern Shewolf, mockingbird, Lurker5 laughed at this post

Interesting that Hubbard indicated that Xenu was also called Xemu. Isn't it unusual for Galactic warlords to have more than one spelling of their name?

But Xenu has this oddity in common with the character out of Marvel Comics:

Wikipedia:

Xemu is the ruler of a dimension in the Marvel Universe.

The character, created by Stan Lee, Larry Lieber and Jack Kirby, first appeared in Strange Tales #103 (December 1962). His name was spelled "Zemu" in this initial appearance, but was changed to Xemu when he reappeared in Fantastic Four #158 (May 1975).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._characters:_X
    Last edited by Type4_PTS; 4th February 2015 at 09:39 PM.

15. Thanks Bluebell, Lurker5, Northern Shewolf, eldritch cuckoo says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! Jump, Northern Shewolf, HelluvaHoax!, mockingbird laughed at this post
    brainslugged reptilian eldritch cuckoo's Avatar

Interesting that Hubbard indicated that Xenu was also called Xemu. Isn't it unusual for Galactic warlords to have more than one spelling of their name?

But Xenu has this oddity in common with the character out of Marvel Comics:

Wikipedia:

[snipped]
    Yarr, strange stuff. Confusing, really. I used to think ... and other people ... that the Marvel thing - the F4 appearance with the cover, most only knew that one - was an early pun at Co$ ... not something like the "South Park" episode really to educate people, but more something like an insider joke ... by somebody maybe who had left ... a joke within pop culture and strange pop culture "religions" ... But if the first appearance of that chara, or of the other one, "Xemnu the Titan", has been earlier than OTIII, then Hubbard actually might have ripped it off. WOW, if the story about "Xemnu the Titan" really has similarities to the OTIII story! Anyhow, whether Hubs has or hasn't: later maybe, Marvel (that is, "some guy"!) changed the name of that unimportant minor character to really make a gag about Co$ out of it... Name and design changes on charas do happen, there also are parallel universes and complete new "timelines" and such stuff, new serials where history gets rewritten completely... that in itself isn't too unusual.
    Last edited by eldritch cuckoo; 4th February 2015 at 02:25 PM.
    The Force is a two-way-comm thing, like Google. You can feed it with all possible sorts of stuff, but eventually it reacts with immoral offerings.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
    (Bertrand Russell)

Why Conspiracy Theories Suck (video by Chris Shelton)

17. Thanks Type4_PTS, Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lord Xenu, Gizmo liked this post
    Patron Meritorious

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    Sounds more like he vaguely remembered Parsec as being some kind of scientific thingamajig, so if he changed it slightly to Farsec it would add credibility as it would look familiar to people. Kinda like the similarity of Xenu to the prefix xeno- meaning alien or strange.

Paul
    You're all wrong. Hubbard clearly was referring to FARSI, thereby giving credibility to the rise of the Muslim fundamentalists.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast