Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: Dean Wilbur Rhetoric Hubbard dianetics sicientology

Crusader

Default Re: Dean Wilbur Rhetoric Hubbard dianetics sicientology

I think this post is spot on, over at Mike Rinder blog:

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/twisted-policy/#comments

"ThetaclearsaysJune 18, 2017 at 12:51 am

This apparent “conflict” as to whether or not LRH was evil or if he knew was he was doing, etc, etc, etc; can be easily solved and understood with one simple sentence: “The man was DELUSIONAL”; that’s ALL there is to it. Any other analysis is just the result of our own basic goodness trying to confront insanity. Humans – most of them at least – are noble creatures who have a VERY difficult time understanding the very simple truth that some people are just crazy. Sometimes it takes someone with a dark side, or who can at least tune-in to the “dark side” (like me, for example), to understand insanity. Here is all we need to understand about LRH :

http://www.minddisorders.com/Br-Del/Delusions.html
    Pretty simple, isn’t it?

Now, delusional people can be stupid (like DM), or they can be quite smart, like LRH was. What makes it a delusion is not their stupidity or intelligence, but their FIXATION on a concept or idea that they believe to be true with an absolute “certainty” with an unwillingness to inspect any other possibilities. If the person is stupid, then not too many people believe him. If the person is quite smart, then he can come up with very “convincing” ways to sell his ideas to others that are on a weakened state of mind or spirit due to losses, painful experiences, low self-esteem, etc, etc.

Most of us came to Scn not in search of “enlightenment”, but to handle something that had been troubling us for a long time. And we were met with someone who could possess a great charisma (at least PUBLICLY so, like on his writings and speeces ) when he wanted to, who was quite smart, had the talent for communication, and thus could sound quite convincing.

I am afraid that it is as simple as that. The most basic trait of any cult leader is DELUSION. So, there you have it, dear Terra Cognita. Anything that opposes that absolute belief is attacked and considered “evil” to others, and thus, it is completely justified (the “Greatest good”) to so attack it. LRH believed in what he was doing, make no mistake about it. All delusional ones believe so.

So it is not really a question of “Did he know?”, or “Was he being intentionally malicious?” when he wrote those policies. He had a delusion called “Scientology”. He had a delusion that he was meant to be the “savior of humanity”. The delusion that ONLY he had all the answers, and that he was smarter than anybody else. He had the delusion that Scientology was man’s ONLY route to salvation, and thus anyone attacking Scientology was attacking humanity itself, so the means (“Fair-gaming”, “Disconnection”, “Attack the critics”, etc) justifed the end (the “salvation of humanity”).

I don’t think that he was in for the money, though he DID wanted to make LOTS of it. But I think it was more directed at having the resources to “defend” himself and Scn against the “evil” government, and to make Scn expand. It wasn’t for personal profit at such, IMHO. At the end he realized that he had failed, and just gave up and died.

When we see it from that perspective – that he was just a sick man – I feel more pity for him than I feel any anger. Who were the ones that let themselves to be fooled, dear friends? We were. Humans fall prey of their OWN naiveness, and then they seek to misplace the blame, instead of taking responsibility for their OWN errors in judgment.

When I was FINALLY able to say to myself : “Listen you dickhead, you were a naive fool who abandoned your own power of choice over data, and who blindly put your whole faith in ONE man; don’t come now and blame a delusional man of your OWN foolishness”, I was THEN able to let go of Scn and any adverse effects that it had had in myself as if it were a piece of hot coal in my hand."

--------------

I might add he Hubbard got us to be delusional thru his power of speech, didn't work on everybody, but worked enough to create a empire.

And I might add, I think Hubbard is evil for doing such as he did. I don't agree with having pity for Hubbard nor do I agree with it was our fault.
    Last edited by Gib; 19th June 2017 at 05:33 AM.

2. Thanks AngeloV, TheOriginalBigBlue says "thank you" for this post
    Crusader

Default Re: Dean Wilbur Rhetoric Hubbard dianetics sicientology

cross posted from another tread, I think what Karen Schless Pressley wrote is spot on and beautiful writing, I wish I could write like her.

I have no proof Hubbard read the links I will post, but Hubbard sure as hell taped into the sublime, as well as other cults you might say. While what Karen writes applies to Celebrity Center, it also applies to all staff members & public, regardless of their auditing level, but most importantly reading or listening to what Hubbard said and what staff member persuaded. It can be powerful and worked on some of us, but also enough to create a empire. Of course those that didn't agree, were labeled "open minded", PTS, SP's, etc.

Mike Rinder in his weekly Thursdays funnies actually exposes the "sublime" created by the COS/Hubbard/DM
    ( http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-132/ )

What Karen wrote:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...=1#post1145572

"Our journey had escalated within the bubble of celebrity spirituality at Scientology’s temple of the gods—the Celebrity Centre, or CC as we called it. CC’s purpose is to help artists achieve greatness, to command influence and change world conditions. We found CC to be a fortress of safety in the competitive Hollywood environment, where artists are protected, understood, gratified, and revered simply for showing up. In the early 1980s, fewer seats were taken by A-list celebrities in Scientology’s course rooms and counseling chairs than by artists like Peter and me. We were not household names, but we had achieved some success in our careers. As a designer, I had a few celebrity clients and was actively building my portfolio. Our greatest achievements in music publishing at that time were our hit song, “On the Wings of Love” composed by Peter Schless, with lyrics and recording by Jeffery Osborne; and “Peace in Our Life,” the theme song to “Rambo: First Blood Part II.”

It was easy for us, and I believe for some of our friends, to become drunk with self-importance from CC’s signature cocktail: A mix of ego-boosting words from Hubbard that elevate the artist, described as a special breed of human, the most valuable in earth’s social strata, the dreamer of dreams who alone can elevate the tone of a society above all others. Add the luxury Celebrity Centre oasis with an array of celebrity followers, garnished with the attitudes, values, beliefs and lofty promises embedded in its spiritual pursuit system, and we have intoxication from daily engagement in celebrity spirituality."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublime_(philosophy)

http://knarf.english.upenn.edu/Contexts/sublime.html

"The sublime, a notion in aesthetic and literary theory, is a striking grandeur of thought and emotion."

I know I was sublimed thinking I would be "clear" with perfect memory, and later on thinking I would be "total cause".

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/15043/15043-h/15043-h.htm#PART_II

Last edited by Gib; 30th June 2017 at 04:20 AM.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819