Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1972 French report on Scientology: can you ID anyone?

Default 1972 French report on Scientology: can you ID anyone?

Morning all,

A few hours ago, I posted a write up of a 20-minute report on Scientology broadcast on French television back in 1972 over at Infinite Complacency.

At first I could only identify one or two people in the report -- mainly because they were named in the full report -- so I sent the two-minute clip posted at the French broadcasting archives over to Tony Ortega to see if his readers could identify them. Tony posted that yesterday and as I knew it would, the Bunker hive mind delivered. I incorporated that material into the longer write-up linked to above -- but there is still work to be done there.

In that longer piece, I have also included screen grabs of some of those interviewed in the full report, most of them French, or at least French speakers. If anyone has an idea as to who they might be, I would love to hear from you, either here, in the comments section below my article, or by email (jonnymcj [at] hotmail.com). If you want to view the full television report, you can download it from the archives for just two euros.

Jonny Jacobsen
    Last edited by Albion; 22nd February 2015 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Added link

Default Re: 1972 French report on Scientology: can you ID anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    Morning all,

A few hours ago, I posted a write up of a 20-minute report on Scientology broadcast on French television back in 1972 over at Infinite Complacency.

At first I could only identify one or two people in the report -- mainly because they were named in the full report -- so I sent the two-minute clip posted at the French broadcasting archives over to Tony Ortega to see if his readers could identify them. Tony posted that yesterday and as I knew it would, the Bunker hive mind delivered. I incorporated that material into the longer write-up linked to above -- but there is still work to be done there.

In that longer piece, I have also included screen grabs of some of those interviewed in the full report, most of them French, or at least French speakers. If anyone has an idea as to who they might be, I would love to hear from you, either here, in the comments section below my article, or by email (jonnymcj [at] hotmail.com). If you want to view the full television report, you can download it from the archives for just two euros.

Jonny Jacobsen
    Deputy for Policy Knowledge: English accent; Looks like Peter Buttery

He's mentioned here.

http://www.xenu.net/entheta/entheta/.../1996-014.html

3. Thanks Northern Shewolf, oneonewasaracecar, Albion, Little David, AnonyMary says "thank you" for this post
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

David Gaiman, Spokesman for Scientology
    ? (man), Commanding Officer
    ? (woman), Communicator
    Malcolm Nieman [spelling?], Commanding Officer of the College
    Peter Buttery, Deputy for Policy Knowledge
    Heidi Keely, Registrar

-----

Minister: ___ Logan? (GOWW guy)
    Choir, right to left:
    ? (but looks familiar!)
    ?
    ?
    Doris Brown
    Lyn Collins

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

5. Thanks Northern Shewolf, oneonewasaracecar, SweetnessandLight, Sindy, Albion and 3 others says "thank you" for this post

Thank you both for the responses: I've had another suggestion for the Deputy of Policy Knowledge: Donat Perbohner. Are you folk sticking with Mr. Buttery? I've one or two other responses to the members of the choir too and I'll update it when I've cross-checked them.

Thanks again,

Jonny

7. Thanks Northern Shewolf, oneonewasaracecar, Little David, AnonyMary says "thank you" for this post
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    Thank you both for the responses: I've had another suggestion for the Deputy of Policy Knowledge: Donat Perbohner. Are you folk sticking with Mr. Buttery? I've one or two other responses to the members of the choir too and I'll update it when I've cross-checked them.

Thanks again,

Jonny
    I'll stick with Peter Buttery.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    I'll stick with Peter Buttery.

Paul
    Peter Buttery without a doubt IMO. I worked with him for a couple of years.
    To err is human, to purr is feline - Alexander Pope

Thanks for digging this program up and explaining the history of it. What a good piece of treasure there.

I was not around in those days, much less in the UK or France but I can tell you that Jane Kember ( like Henning Heldt) is an active scientologist in the UK despite what I believe is them being referred to in the IRS agreement somewhere as those permanently banned from ever being involved with the church again because of their involvement with the illegal activities of the GO which they belonged to.

Here are some of Kember's service completions listed on the internet
    http://www.truthaboutscientology.com...ne-kember.html

I can also tell you that these 'services' were and continue to be propaganda used to present a front to the media and new public, which FSMs are now encouraged to bring in new people to attend. That's the only way those services would be able to continue because scientologists rarely go to them unless they are bringing in a new person to introduce Scientology to them. The content of the service changed to discuss specific parts of Scientology that would presumably interest the public but I gather they continue to do them in such a way as to make it look like a church sermon.

For years it was so hard to get anyone to go to these things that they fell out of use but the powers that be above insisted they hold these services to keep the appearances up, religious cloaking as we call it.

For some reason I could not see the video posted in Tony's article. Even at the link you provide for it, I had a hard time keeping it on play button, having to keep hitting it upon the video stopping.

Keep up the good work. I hope you find all the names of those involved. Thanks for posting about this on ESMB.
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

11. Likes SweetnessandLight liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post
    Thanks for digging this program up and explaining the history of it. What a good piece of treasure there.

I was not around in those days, much less in the UK or France but I can tell you that Jane Kember ( like Henning Heldt) is an active scientologist in the UK despite what I believe is them being referred to in the IRS agreement somewhere as those permanently banned from ever being involved with the church again because of their involvement with the illegal activities of the GO which they belonged to.

Here are some of Kember's service completions listed on the internet
    http://www.truthaboutscientology.com...ne-kember.html

I can also tell you that these 'services' were and continue to be propaganda used to present a front to the media and new public, which FSMs are now encouraged to bring in new people to attend. That's the only way those services would be able to continue because scientologists rarely go to them unless they are bringing in a new person to introduce Scientology to them. The content of the service changed to discuss specific parts of Scientology that would presumably interest the public but I gather they continue to do them in such a way as to make it look like a church sermon.

For years it was so hard to get anyone to go to these things that they fell out of use but the powers that be above insisted they hold these services to keep the appearances up, religious cloaking as we call it.

For some reason I could not see the video posted in Tony's article. Even at the link you provide for it, I had a hard time keeping it on play button, having to keep hitting it upon the video stopping.

Keep up the good work. I hope you find all the names of those involved. Thanks for posting about this on ESMB.
    Last I read about Jane Kember she was doing the occasional extension course and had a son/daughter still in as the main reason for still being in.
    It seems to me she is very much a scientologist but has no use for DM.

She is a powerful personality. I recall OTs trembling at rebutting her comments. I was once a very junior member of the London OT committee. I recall being at the rehearsal of some event at what is or was "Stringfellows" night club and David Gaiman, directing rehearsals,
    directing re Janes role " Less Lucretia Borgia ". She was an actress.

13. Thanks Northern Shewolf, Albion, AnonyMary, Little David says "thank you" for this post
    Likes AnonyMary liked this post

Thanks for the confirmation on Buttery: I'll see if the other camp is willing to see you and raise you!

And thanks for your information, Mary: I hadn't taken time to chase up Jane Kember, but I had a vague idea she was still in and still in circulation.

15. Thanks Northern Shewolf, oneonewasaracecar, AnonyMary says "thank you" for this post
    Likes ForLease, AnonyMary, Little David liked this post

I only recognised Lyn Collins and David Gaiman.
    Everywhere in the modern world there is neglect, the need to be recognized, which is not satisfied. Art is a way of recognizing oneself, which is why it will always be modern. (Louise Bourgeois)

17. Thanks Northern Shewolf, Albion says "thank you" for this post
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast