Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liberation

Blog Entries

Talking Liberation

I want to thank some people.

7 years ago in March I left Scientology. Since then I've gradually put my life back together, slowly dropped the indoctrination and done my best to counter the CoS and help those who have left the church.

Today I went to a picket. It was something I never thought I'd do. A big part of that is the lack of critics here in Melbourne Australia, but even more than that I was scared.

Today I had made up my mind not to go. I knew it would be a historic moment that I would miss. I knew I would be sorry I didn't go but I'd given myself enough excuses to make it right in my head to not go.

Then I was standing in my livingroom, doing chores that had all of a sudden become important to do this day, when it occured to me that I was still scared of them and that was the real reason I didn't want to go. And that made me mad.

So I got in my car and drove into town with my daughter.

Initially I was just going to drive around the block honking my car horn in support. But when I got there I saw all these people who weren't afraid. Magically a car space appeared right out the front of the Org and I knew I was going to get out. As I filmed with my crappy camera with my daughter holding my hand something happened.

I wasn't scared any more.

This is a wonderful thing to happen to me. I was scared of them for 9 years in Scientology, and I've been scared of them for 7 years since leaving Scientology. 16 years is a long time to be frightened of a totalitarian group in this day & age in my country, Australia.

So I want to thank every single person who, although perhaps scared themselves, speaks out against this cult.

I want to thank the critics who have documented the crimes, written the stories, done the research and taken a stand.

I want to thank Anonymous for having the amazing ability to, as a group (wdne) , listen & understand & change and arrange these peaceful protests that have liberated me personally from the hold Scientology had on me.

I hope everyone who can physically make it, attends one of these protests. It was life changing for me, and I hope that it can be the start of a something that changes a whole lot more lives.
    Better a Has-been than a Never-was. But better a Never-was than a Never-tried-to-be. - Anonymous.

Moving post, Emma. Thank you.

Good for you Emma!

Silver Meritorious Patron namaste's Avatar

That really is a major win. Glad to hear it.
    That is why the Internet is so important. It is the ultimate antidote to the poison of totalitarianism. -- Robert Vaughn Young

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yay!!

To put it in Hubbard's terms, if you can fight back against an SP (or SP group), to that extent it is not suppressive any more. The same thing happened to me in 2004 when I "came out".

I found it very empowering.

Fuck 'em.

Paul

True Ex-Scientologist programmer_guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    7 years ago in March I left Scientology.
    That's not very long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    Since then I've gradually put my life back together, slowly dropped the indoctrination ...
    In my experience, dropping the indoctrination takes a loooong time to do... years to do.
    It took me years to do that (without the internet).

Thanks for your story. It's very interesting and yet so common amongst ex's.

BTW, also thanks for providing this message board at your own effort and expense.

You are a gem.

Best regards

Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

I could hear the delight in your voice.

It is a huge step, a life changing event.

I couldn't physically be there but watching through your camera lens was terrific. So you were there for me too, and all the others that wanted to come but couldn't.

Thankyou for all you do, and for going and for caring.
    Forget regret or life is yours to miss. No other path, no other way, no day but today. Jonathan Larson

My Story: - Sydney, Melbourne, Saint Hill - Becoming Free to Shine...

Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

I found this on ars :
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.r...d107ccaab02f0d

As I sit here in the wee hours, I contemplate what has unfolded before me.
    Not just today, but the last few days. I am amazed. I always thought my generation and the ones behind it had no heart. I felt like we were concerned with money and who had more. I was afraid I was somewhat alone.
    I stand here corrected. I realize we have cares, beliefes, and an inherent knowledge of what is right and what is wrong.
    We have taken a stand, we are using our voice and our power to be heard. It is deafening.
    I thank you all.
    Thank you for the guidance.
    Thank you for the hope.
    We are humans, we are one, we are together this day.
    All my best, to you and yours, no matter who you are.

Anonymously yours
    Forget regret or life is yours to miss. No other path, no other way, no day but today. Jonathan Larson

My Story: - Sydney, Melbourne, Saint Hill - Becoming Free to Shine...

Emma, do you know how amazing you are?

Huge props for that post, and for being you.

This was an extremely important day in so many ways. Thank you for all the voices you have awakened and those you have kept going with this board.

Blog Entries

Default for emma

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast