Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NBC interview: Marty Rathbun & cult harassment.. YT vids being taken down..

Default NBC interview: Marty Rathbun & cult harassment.. YT vids being taken down..

NBC has the only link to the video..

http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nbc-new...t-415161923827

Critics that have mirrored the video on YouTube have had them taken down & accounts closed. Clearly, the cult is not a happy camper.

2. Thanks eldritch cuckoo, ForLease, Miss Ellie, Karen#1, La La Lou Lou and 5 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Dean Blair, Karen#1 liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Lurker5's Avatar

Default Re: NBC interview: Marty Rathbun & cult harassment.. YT vids being taken down..

It's gone . . .
    Cautious as one crossing thin ice . . .
    (LaoTze-TaoDeJing, Chapter 15. 2nd verse . . . )

For Ray - I have not forgotten you, my friend
    Or you Scott, this is for you too. I hope you are out.
    Kay is out . . .

Default Re: NBC interview: Marty Rathbun & cult harassment.. YT vids being taken down..

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker5 View Post
    It's gone . . .
    I guess that's what Smurf wanted to demonstrate: The original NBC video is still on their site, but the youtube uploader has closed his account.
    The best things in life are free.
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull. (W. C. Fields)
    If Scientology is a Triumph of the Will... then ESMB is a Triumph of the Won't. (HelluvaHoax)
    The most effective 'Tech' is 'Let Scientology Be Scientology (in front of witnesses)' (Zinjifar)
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. (Unknown)

Disclaimer: I've never been in Scientology or in any other cult; I'm just a critic.

5. Thanks Smurf, La La Lou Lou says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    NBC has the only link to the video..

http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nbc-new...t-415161923827

Critics that have mirrored the video on YouTube have had them taken down & accounts closed. Clearly, the cult is not a happy camper.

I understand that Marty was brainwashed, too and that it's not all his fault, and I do have some empathy for him. However, *ahem*, Marty Rathbun was the second biggest criminal in scn. He has REAL crimes to answer for in the REAL world. He belongs in prison. He is likely guilty of assault and battery, kidnapping, false imprisonment and extortion and who knows what else.

The chickens have come home to roost, Marty. Now you know what you did to others. Suck on it, motherfucker.

7. Thanks Wants2Talk, ChurchOfCylontology, eldritch cuckoo says "thank you" for this post
    Likes ChurchOfCylontology liked this post
    Disagree Dean Blair, HollywoodGuy, anonomog, Pooks, MostlyLurker and 3 others disagreed with this post
    WTF? I told you I was trouble, Techless, cakemaker said WTF? to this post

On one hand I agree - suck on it Marty - you harmed a lot of people and helped get the cult to where it is today. People died and went crazy under your watch and a Lisa McPherson's family was completely devastated. I could pound him when I think of how Marty helped to KSW during the Lisa McPherson fiasco. I hate what he did to help Scientology survive and become the criminal organization it really is. I don't understand how he stayed so long.

On the other hand - my heart goes out to him. He was young and vulnerable and was alone in the world - his family not there for him,

He did leave and he is doing damage now - a lot of damage. So is Mike Rinder,. They are doing more than I could ever do to the cult. They are helping with the movie that will bring Scientology to its knees.

Karma has no sympathy and Marty is getting his Karma (in my opinion). Aren't we all? My life sucked for an entire decade due to a few years in Scientology - absolutely SUCKED!

I do think we need to embrace those that have left and are doing something about it - like Marty and Mike. I have a little less sympathy for Pat Broeker, Debbie Cook (unless she is ill) and those at the top who took the gag order buy out. They really fucked it up for the rest of us.

We were all sucked into the cult and therefore we all contributed to "keeping it going" even if for only a short while - others a long time,

I believe in our hearts we did it to help ourselves and others - and our minds were hijacked by an ill intended man named L Ron Hubbard who happened to groom a socio path named David Miscavige to take it's place. Yes - I refer to Hubbard as an IT.

No one gets away with anything. I hope we can watch the Karma to David Miscavige. He is the only one I wish to see suffer. He truly is a psychopathic sociapath evil fuck.

I guess the only way some of you goddamned, self righteous assholes will ever be happy is if Marty kills himself in some slow, agonizing way.

I tell you what....fuck you. Just fuck you.
    Last edited by Lone Star; 21st March 2015 at 02:27 AM.

10. Thanks WildKat, tetloj says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! Wants2Talk, Smurf laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    I guess the only way some of you goddamned, self righteous assholes will ever be happy is if Mary kills himself in some slow, agonizing way.
    Who's Mary?

Banned

Who's Mary?
    She was this girl who was quite contrary. I think her curds and whey were too sour.

Silver Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    I guess the only way some of you goddamned, self righteous assholes will ever be happy is if Mary kills himself in some slow, agonizing way.

I tell you what....fuck you. Just fuck you.
    Look, I understand he is making amends and doing a good job of it. And I do understand he was a victim, as is Dopey Davey for that matter. I can forgive him. But these guys have more amends to do than the average Sea Org, or outer ex-staff SPs.

And I'm sorry, but these CST and RTC assholes don't get a hug from me just cuz they left. I'm proud of them for having the guts to leave. I know how hard it is. But they have CRIMES to answer for. REAL crimes not just missing a w/h or auditing past a floating t/a. Murder, extortion, blackmail and kidnapping are FUCKING CRIMES. In ANY society. Do you who disagreed with me disagree with THAT? And if Marty is guilty of these crimes, he belongs in prison. Along with all the others already there who were manipulated into committing such crimes by a con man. If that makes me self-righteous, so be it. I don't think it does. I don't owe the church amends, it owes me.

I truly hope Marty finds peace. And I WILL forgive him. Just not yet.

14. Thanks WildKat, degraded being says "thank you" for this post
    Likes hummingbird, WildKat, Lord Xenu liked this post

Who's Mary?
    I'm really downstat when it comes to typos these days.

I know I probably went overboard there earlier, but when someone calls Marty a "motherfucker" I figure I can respond in like manner.

All I'll say more on this matter is that Marty understands that he did a lot of bad shit while in his position in the cult. And he understands that he is going through hell now, and will probably continue to go through it until the day he dies.

Some of you need to know more about his background....how he grew up....how he came into the cult himself before you judge him so unforgivingly. He could've chosen to stay in. He could've chose to take the Debbie Cook route....get the money and shut up. He didn't.

Each and every month since he's been out he has grown. He's still growing. Just like everyone else on this board to one extent or another. I have little patience for the hate directed towards him. It's just so lame. Not to mention petty and ridiculous.

16. Thanks kao, Knows, ForLease, Wants2Talk, Type4_PTS and 12 others says "thank you" for this post
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast