Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 116

Thread: NBC interview: Marty Rathbun & cult harassment.. YT vids being taken down..

  1. #11
    Crusader
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: NBC interview: Marty Rathbun & cult harassment.. YT vids being taken down..

    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    I'm really downstat when it comes to typos these days.

    I know I probably went overboard there earlier, but when someone calls Marty a "motherfucker" I figure I can respond in like manner.

    All I'll say more on this matter is that Marty understands that he did a lot of bad shit while in his position in the cult. And he understands that he is going through hell now, and will probably continue to go through it until the day he dies.

    Some of you need to know more about his background....how he grew up....how he came into the cult himself before you judge him so unforgivingly. He could've chosen to stay in. He could've chose to take the Debbie Cook route....get the money and shut up. He didn't.

    Each and every month since he's been out he has grown. He's still growing. Just like everyone else on this board to one extent or another. I have little patience for the hate directed towards him. It's just so lame. Not to mention petty and ridiculous.
    I haven't read his books so I do not know his background, nor do I really need to know it to think.

    And like you said, and I do know this, Marty and Mike could have just STFU and moved on with their lives quietly like Pat Broeker and even DM's dad, where are their stories?

    Marty, Mike, Amy, Headley's, etc all could have STFU and just moved on with their lives. Karma, WTF is that. These folks are only getting attacked because they are telling their experiences and the truth, that ain't karma.

    You know when I was in and saw these folks on stage at the Int Management events, I actually thought these folks were mini gods, OT's, OEC/FEBC trained, -----------> what a joke it all turns out to be. I always wondered what did folks at Int Management do all day long.

  2. Likes Bluebell, Dean Blair liked this post
  3. #12
    Silver Meritorious Patron
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,944

    Default Re: NBC interview: Marty Rathbun & cult harassment.. YT vids being taken down..

    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    I'm really downstat when it comes to typos these days.

    I know I probably went overboard there earlier, but when someone calls Marty a "motherfucker" I figure I can respond in like manner.

    All I'll say more on this matter is that Marty understands that he did a lot of bad shit while in his position in the cult. And he understands that he is going through hell now, and will probably continue to go through it until the day he dies.

    Some of you need to know more about his background....how he grew up....how he came into the cult himself before you judge him so unforgivingly. He could've chosen to stay in. He could've chose to take the Debbie Cook route....get the money and shut up. He didn't.

    Each and every month since he's been out he has grown. He's still growing. Just like everyone else on this board to one extent or another. I have little patience for the hate directed towards him. It's just so lame. Not to mention petty and ridiculous.

    I know he had it hard. I am not "some of you", I am me. I said in my post I can forgive him. And I will. BUT GODDAMMIT ADDRESS THE POINT. I am talking about CRIMES not just "bad shit". You don't get to skate on a murder charge just cuz you said "sorry, my bad" and bought your victims mom a condolence card.

    And frankly, if you are going to address ME, kindly address ME not some general group you think I belong to. It's rude. If you don't like a known motherfucker (as we all know he was up until recently) being called a motherfucker, too bad. Tell me fuck you in such a passive-aggressive manner again and I'll just ignore you, which I prefer not to do. Whatever our difference of opinion regarding Rathbun's culpability and vulnerability to criminal prosecution, we can be kind to each other, n'est pas?

  4. Likes Lord Xenu, Pooks liked this post
    LOL! Smurf, Pooks, TG1 laughed at this post
  5. #13

    Default Re: NBC interview: Marty Rathbun & cult harassment.. YT vids being taken down..

    Quote Originally Posted by SPsince83 View Post
    I know he had it hard. I am not "some of you", I am me. I said in my post I can forgive him. And I will. BUT GODDAMMIT ADDRESS THE POINT. I am talking about CRIMES not just "bad shit". You don't get to skate on a murder charge just cuz you said "sorry, my bad" and bought your victims mom a condolence card.

    And frankly, if you are going to address ME, kindly address ME not some general group you think I belong to. It's rude. If you don't like a known motherfucker (as we all know he was up until recently) being called a motherfucker, too bad. Tell me fuck you in such a passive-aggressive manner again and I'll just ignore you, which I prefer not to do. Whatever our difference of opinion regarding Rathbun's culpability and vulnerability to criminal prosecution, we can be kind to each other, n'est pas?
    Okay I'll address you directly.....FUCK YOU.

    Sorry, I should've done that the first time.

    I agree. My bad.

    Marty didn't murder anyone....you liar.

  6. Likes Dean Blair liked this post
    LOL! Dean Blair, Smurf laughed at this post
  7. #14
    Silver Meritorious Patron
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,944

    Default Re: NBC interview: Marty Rathbun & cult harassment.. YT vids being taken down..

    I do admire his guts for coming out. But to put things in current events terms, Chelsea Manning is in prison while David Petreus walks free. While Dick Cheney walks free. The upper execs speaking out aren't new. David Mayo spoke out over 30 years ago. What about all of us who had to put up with the Finance Police? Should I forgive Matteus Patel for leading a gang bang sec check on me? What if he says "oops, sorry?

    Marty can win my respect. He's well on his way. He's just not all the way there for me. I don't think I'm being judgemental nor self-righteous. I'm advocating for justice and I use profanity for punctuation, so fuckityfuckityfuckity fuc. We disagree. It's ok. If you have already forgiven him, cool. I don't have a problem with that.

  8. Likes hummingbird, WildKat, Lord Xenu, Gib liked this post
  9. #15

    Default Re: NBC interview: Marty Rathbun & cult harassment.. YT vids being taken down..

    Quote Originally Posted by Gib View Post
    I haven't read his books so I do not know his background, nor do I really need to know it to think.

    And like you said, and I do know this, Marty and Mike could have just STFU and moved on with their lives quietly like Pat Broeker and even DM's dad, where are their stories?

    Marty, Mike, Amy, Headley's, etc all could have STFU and just moved on with their lives. Karma, WTF is that. These folks are only getting attacked because they are telling their experiences and the truth, that ain't karma.

    You know when I was in and saw these folks on stage at the Int Management events, I actually thought these folks were mini gods, OT's, OEC/FEBC trained, -----------> what a joke it all turns out to be. I always wondered what did folks at Int Management do all day long.
    I've not read even one sentence of any of his books myself. I have no desire nor plans to read his books.

    I'm going largely on what Jesse Prince has said about Marty's past and experience....especially in the early days. For one thing a women was blown away sitting in a car next to him by a deranged SO member. That's according to Jesse. Not a book.

  10. Thanks Lurker5, Gib says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Dean Blair, Smurf, Sindy, Gib liked this post
  11. #16

    Default Re: NBC interview: Marty Rathbun & cult harassment.. YT vids being taken down..

    Well, there's the before, during and after.

    The Church of Scientology certainly did exploit Marty's unstable and violent youth and dysfunctional family to get him in.

    That doesn't mean he was a nice guy while he was in, nor that he suffered the same way as many others in the SO did for most of that time. Marty lived like a king compared to many SO members due to his loyalty to DM, and he hurt a lot of people for many years.

    When he left, it took him a long time to shed that Scientology persona as well as his beliefs. In his early years, he condemned and criticized ESMB and fully out exes, as well as some of the Australia media because he did not want to see Scientology, which he still believed, criticized. In that egotistical state, Marty claimed credit for things for which he had no involvement - exes who had already been out for years, coupes against COS by other groups that had nothing to do with him. At that time, I openly criticized Marty. I do not apologize for that, because he had his own agenda then, one which I never comprehended, but one that was different than the simplicity of taking down the cult and exposing Scientology for the scam that it is.

    Marty's boasting also made him a big target for OSA and the cult, which made it easier for the rest of us to get on with destroying COS. It worked to our advantage, but not to Marty's.

    Some of his early writings the first years he was out were funny, the way Scientologists are so ridiculous that you can't help laughing. I'll never forget, "Ode to L Ron Hubbard". And I don't apologize for laughing then, either. Marty had a huge fan club of followers and Indies then, too, and enjoyed playing guru to them. I poked fun at that, too.

    So as he changed, he lost most of the Indies. Well, that's how it is sometimes when the only thing you have in common with someone is a shared belief and then stop sharing those beliefs. At that time, Marty could not see past his beliefs to just like people for themselves, even if they didn't agree with him. That wasn't my personal experience with him, anyway - he was pretty rude to me when I tried sending him a few simple messages. Whereas many fully out exes and Anons developed and kept friendships with some Indies and others as they changed and put religious differences or beliefs aside, Marty did not. Not then.

    So now Marty finds himself at a new crossroads. It's painful, but I don't believe it is anywhere near as bad as he sees it at this moment. He is not as isolated as he thinks.

    Most exes and Anons are forgiving. We get it. We've been through it. I won't make friends with a Scientology persona, but Marty is being himself now and I welcome the person he is, the real Marty, in my heart without reservation.

    I believe others here do so as well.

    I don't see Marty's future as nearly as bleak as he may have envisioned it when he made the vid, or that some others may envision it. There is neighborhood watch, there are places to live where a Scientologist stands out like a slab of beef in a vegetarian soup. There are plenty of communities where people are just people who work together and look out for themselves and each other.

    Maybe it's time Marty said hello to us here on ESMB again - as the new Marty - and see for himself how many friends and how much support he now has. It's not too late for a new start. Life is a series of learning, changing, and new beginnings.

  12. #17
    Silver Meritorious Patron
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,944

    Default Re: NBC interview: Marty Rathbun & cult harassment.. YT vids being taken down..

    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Okay I'll address you directly.....FUCK YOU.

    Sorry, I should've done that the first time.

    I agree. My bad.
    Hey, I was trying to be nice to you. I'll give you points for not being passive aggressive this time. Why won't you address the point? Yelling at someone and causing their death are different orders of magnitude. And while I have no specific information about people's activity beyond what the records say, the records lead one to believe he may be indeed guilty of crimes punishable by imprisonment. And in what world does anyone get a pass for these types of crimes without bribery or intimidation?

    The fact remains, that his actions were reprehensible. Do you deny that? And if not, why do you disagree that he has waaaaaaaay more to answer for than the folder page at AOLA?

  13. LOL! TG1 laughed at this post
  14. #18

    Default Re: NBC interview: Marty Rathbun & cult harassment.. YT vids being taken down..

    Tone down the personal attack/insults, please.
    The mud-wresting pit is over there >>>
    and we really don't want to go there.

  15. Thanks WildKat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Dean Blair, Smurf liked this post
  16. #19
    Silver Meritorious Patron
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,944

    Default Re: NBC interview: Marty Rathbun & cult harassment.. YT vids being taken down..

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator 3 View Post
    Tone down the personal attack/insults, please.
    The mud-wresting pit is over there >>>
    and we really don't want to go there.
    I agree. I was only personally insulting to Rathbun, not Lonestar. I'm trying to be nice and will just ignore Lonestar if he wants to insult me rather than address my point. I did not tell him fuck you or call him a liar.

  17. #20
    Crusader Sindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: NBC interview: Marty Rathbun & cult harassment.. YT vids being taken down..

    Quote Originally Posted by SPsince83 View Post
    I know he had it hard. I am not "some of you", I am me. I said in my post I can forgive him. And I will. BUT GODDAMMIT ADDRESS THE POINT. I am talking about CRIMES not just "bad shit". You don't get to skate on a murder charge just cuz you said "sorry, my bad" and bought your victims mom a condolence card.

    And frankly, if you are going to address ME, kindly address ME not some general group you think I belong to. It's rude. If you don't like a known motherfucker (as we all know he was up until recently) being called a motherfucker, too bad. Tell me fuck you in such a passive-aggressive manner again and I'll just ignore you, which I prefer not to do. Whatever our difference of opinion regarding Rathbun's culpability and vulnerability to criminal prosecution, we can be kind to each other, n'est pas?
    I hear what you're saying and we should certainly be nice to each other.

    I don't know what more anyone could ask from Mike and Marty than what they are doing now and what they're exposing themselves to daily.

    They could have slinked off into the wildernes, never to be heard from again. The only people (in my opinion) who I have a good understanding of why they might hold onto some anger (or desire for these guys to do more) are those who were personally victimized by these people. Even in this case, we don't know what personal reparations or communications are happening and I don't think it's necessary that all of that is made public.

    So, maybe you are one of those people who was directly wronged, personally, by Marty?

    Regarding the fact that you believe Marty has crimes where he belongs in prison, possibly murder, is there some cold case that the authorities are trying to solve that you have special knowledge about where Marty is the perpetrator?

    It's already known that Marty obstructed justice in the McPherson case, he's admitted it and so far, no one is coming after him for this but he didn't "murder" Lisa. That's a huge accusation.

    After watching the way that religions are so protected here in the US, I have recently come to the conclusion that they truly do have their own rules in a certain sense. I am going to say something that will piss some people off but the way I see it, other than those born into the cult (which, if I am not mistaken, you were born in, right?) there are no other 100% pure victims and I don't even think I can say that those born in, of course without consent, are 100% victims (but close enough).

    The rest of us all quickly initialed our rights away and signed those enrollment and other agreements usually without even reading them. We trusted our cult. We all played on the field. Some people played fiercer games than others but we all agreed until we didn't agree anymore.

    No, most of us didn't agree to all the shit OSA, RTC, INT MGMT were doing. We didn't know about it until we left but those who moved up the line started playing by different rules, LRH advices and Flag orders, etc. that the rank and file were never privy to. Once one got up in that stratosphere, imagine how much weirder it got and how much harder it got to leave. What a mind fuck.

    Marty does not have a warrant out for his arrest, he has not been convicted of any crimes and is not a menace or danger to society. He's already living a certain hell. He will surely reap everything he sowed simply because he's slowly but surely allowing that to happen as he allows himself to decompress and unravel from this whole thing right out in the public eye.
    "Scientology: The only game in the universe where the rapist is your ethics officer." - HelluvaHoax

    "Yes Scientology at this point is nothing but its own funeral. You might as well leave early and beat the traffic. " - Thrak

  18. Thanks Free to shine, bromo, tetloj, Lurker5, Gib and 1 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes hummingbird, Dean Blair, Smurf, Gib liked this post
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 407
    Last Post: 29th October 2014, 12:31 AM
  2. Aaron Saxton: Interview Vids + Transcripts
    By Kha Khan in forum Scientology-related Videos
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2nd December 2009, 12:55 AM
  3. Marty Rathbun interview on CBC Radio Oct.30
    By apple in forum Miscellaneous Reports from Newspapers, Blogs, and TV
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 1st November 2009, 12:07 PM
  4. Marty Rathbun interview on CBC Radio Oct.30
    By apple in forum General Scientology Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31st October 2009, 02:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •