Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Illness and Scientology

Silver Meritorious Patron Sharone Stainforth's Avatar

Default Illness and Scientology

I have been reading on OCMB about Scientologists getting ill and not receiving proper medical care due to belief that auditing will cure the problem.

Cancer patients dying, who otherwise might have had a chance at survival had their cancer been diagnosed earlier.
    Scientology practicing medicine without a license.

http://www.xenud
    irectory.net/practises/medical1.html

This is terrible.There are so many things wrong with the CoS.

One thing i wonder about;
    Do women who are pregnant get audited whilst they are pregnant and what possible side effects might that have on the baby?

Tamasin
    "he also introduced all of us and indeed he thrust us into his practises of cruelty, inhumanity, abuse and punishment, all of which he systematically reframed as positive and as requirements for enlightenment." - Hana Eltringham/Whifield speaking in Hamburg on the 28th of March 2010.

http://www.lermanet.com/

http:/
    /www.scientologydisconnection.com/

http://www.exscientologykids.com

There is a pregnancy rundown. Don't know much about the tech side of it, but I have myself received this rundown while pregnant.

Ozzie
    The cheapest facelift is a laugh

Silver Meritorious Patron Sharone Stainforth's Avatar

Default Illness and Scientology

There is a pregnancy rundown. Don't know much about the tech side of it, but I have myself received this rundown while pregnant.

I should like to know more about this,if and when you have the time.
    Thanks
    Tamasin
    "he also introduced all of us and indeed he thrust us into his practises of cruelty, inhumanity, abuse and punishment, all of which he systematically reframed as positive and as requirements for enlightenment." - Hana Eltringham/Whifield speaking in Hamburg on the 28th of March 2010.

http://www.lermanet.com/

http:/
    /www.scientologydisconnection.com/

http://www.exscientologykids.com

Gold Meritorious Patron Kathy (ImOut)'s Avatar

You may have old data about illness in Scn. When I was still in back in 2005 they wouldn't take me in session - I had to see a doctor. So, with the death of Lisa and all the fall-out from that, I believe you must seek medical treatment. If you have high blood pressure, I believe you can't even be in session at Flag. You must get it under control before. I think you can still train, but no sessions.

There is a pregnancy assist (auditing). Never had it. But you can't audit a woman passed 6 months of pregnancy. I don't know if that's the entire bridge or just specific actions - such as dianetics. Maybe a tech trained person can clear up all of our confusions on this matter.
    Nothing lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances, & never have regrets, because at one point, everything you did was exactly what you wanted.
    "There is no freedom like seeing myself as I am and not losing heart."~Elizabeth J. Canham from Dark Phoenix

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ImOut View Post

There is a pregnancy assist (auditing). Never had it. But you can't audit a woman passed 6 months of pregnancy. I don't know if that's the entire bridge or just specific actions - such as dianetics. Maybe a tech trained person can clear up all of our confusions on this matter.
    I remember an HCOB forbidding "upper level actions" (Power and up, I think) after 6 months (I think). I guess the theory was that a thetan connected with the baby might get treated as a "body thetan" and blown. Normal assists were OK, but not Dianetic ones. After the birth, Dianetics was OK again.

Paul

Silver Meritorious Patron Lovesnightsky's Avatar
    Moving on :) will check in every now and then.

Yes, there is a pregnancy rundown thing, but I don't know the actual name. And auditing does stop at 6 months. I saw a public getting the auditing. There is also assists. I was pregnant while on staff for 2 months (miscarried) and I have to say that I was treated very well. People were told not to shout or create any upsets in my vicinity and I was given assists to help with the morning sickness.

With regard other illnesses, there is a Class V auditor at Plymouth Org called David Hutt. This auditor used to get epileptic fits. He had tons of them while auditing me, I would just wait for them to pass and then he would read up on where he was and continue the session.
    After he had a fit while auditing a public, and she screamed out loud in such a terrified manner that we all ran out to see what had happened... Susie (Senior C/S) and Vicky (OED) tried to get him to take regular meds, but he refused.
    On Earth for the sole purpose of Enlightenment and Ascension. In other words, to BE ;)

I am also a FoTi fan
    Read her scientology experience.

Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't know that the pregnancy rundown is a published set of formal steps - it's more an approach to a situation. much like Life Repair was always tailored to the individual person.

But it would deal with any charge the person had regarding the preganacy, past births cleaned up and then generally get in comm with the new baby that is growing. An action well worth doing, it is easy auditing and mothers-to-be generally love it.

Well all I remember is it was called a "Rundown" I had one during and after a major miscarriage and one during pregnancy. It was a prepared set of actions, whether it was tailored to me I don't know. But it definately was called a rundown.

As far as sickness and auditing goes - I remember a man at saint hill in the late sixties dying of cancer. He was allowed auditing. He was terminal and he was dying but he was given auditing to help him "drop his body". He died shortly after starting his auditing. He also had a scn funeral and much was said by his widow about how he had an easier time of letting go because of the auditing. In that case I think it helped the guy.

In other cases I have seen people with epilepsy (myself included)be audited to try and "cure" it. Didn't work.

I've also seen cancer cases be audited to try and "cure" it - didn't work!

In these cases the normal medical help was refused or denied.

To use Scn as a cure is wrong - but as above I saw it be used to alleviate suffering and it worked for that guy. Maybe it won't or didn't for others.

Ozzie
    The cheapest facelift is a laugh

A pregnancy RD is basically a set of processes programmed out by the C/S. Its rudiments and prepchecking and such on past births, anticipation of giving birth. Stuff like that.

Upper level material cant be audited past 6 months of pregnancy. Same with KTL Clay Table auditing. Maybe others too. I forget.

Any question, feel free to post and I will be happy to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
    As far as sickness and auditing goes - I remember a man at saint hill in the late sixties dying of cancer. He was allowed auditing. He was terminal and he was dying but he was given auditing to help him "drop his body". He died shortly after starting his auditing. He also had a scn funeral and much was said by his widow about how he had an easier time of letting go because of the auditing. In that case I think it helped the guy.

In these cases the normal medical help was refused or denied.

To use Scn as a cure is wrong - but as above I saw it be used to alleviate suffering and it worked for that guy. Maybe it won't or didn't for others.
    Seems to me that when the "tech" is used to help an individual in addressing the mental & spiritual aspects of his physical health problems, that is an appropriate use.

Contrarily, when it is used as a means of "curing" a physical ailment, that is an abuse, both of the tech & of the pc's trust.

If a physical condition is alleviated as a result of auditing that is great, but the proper use of the tech appears to me to be in handling the person's "upset" in experiencing the physical ailment.

This is a distinction which a lot of spiritual traditions recognize & respect. It is particularly noticeable among Native American & shamanistic cultures, and even is recognized by "modern medical practice" (ref. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross) .

Your examples I think illustrate this distinction.

Mark A. Baker

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast