Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Punishments, Too Gruesomes, Lowers You Went Through, etc. as Staff

Default Re: Punishments, Too Gruesomes, Lowers You Went Through, etc. as Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Adam7986 View Post
    I was 17 years old, and they had me in the industrial shredder at PAC. It's located in the motor pool. This was when I was "on decks" routing out of the SO. I wasn't given any protective gear during the time I was shredding. It went on for 8+ hours. I have to say it was nice being isolated from everyone, but having to occasionally talk to the witch that ran estates at the time (in 2004) was unnerving.

Side note: She was actually very nice to me while I was on decks, but prior to that she had treated me like dogshit. I never understood why.

Anyway, for several weeks I would blow my nose and it would be all kinds of different colors because of the dust that got up in there. That's one of the ways I found out about all the sex and other stuff that was going on at PAC. I would occasionally stop and read some of the things I was shredding.
    Hopefully it's not frowned upon here to dig up old posts and reply, but I think I'm going to be doing this a lot here if it's okay.

I also spent a lot of time with this huge shredder through the ages of 12-14. I really enjoyed it. So much better than studying all day when not being screamed at. There's endless stuff to shred around there. Papers, books, video tapes. A lot of it more interesting than what I had to study on course. Once I caught some skin on the thing while tossing some videos down the shoot and gave myself a nasty cut and scar down my arm.

That scar got me out of the Sea Org quickly and easily once I put a mind to it. Yeah I have suicidal thoughts and intentions, and look at this scar down my arm that looks like I messily attempted to slit my wrist. GOODBYE! I was out in 48 hours.

My favorite insult while I was in the SO was "go shred yourself." In the end, I guess I went ahead and shredded myself. Man am I glad I did. I think about this every day when I shred my unneeded mail in my own home where no one ever screams at me for not going Saint Hill Size.

2. Thanks Jump, AngeloV, guRl, tesseract, exsomessenger and 1 others says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! guRl, tesseract, Enthetan laughed at this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

I think it is great to revive old threads. Glad you didn't lose your arm and even happier you got out. Keep on sharing 📣

4. Likes Jump liked this post
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katzen View Post
    Hopefully it's not frowned upon here to dig up old posts and reply, but I think I'm going to be doing this a lot here if it's okay.
    No, it's fine. There's tons of useful, interesting stuff on ESMB that most people not here from the oughties won't have seen.

A request, though. The default font/size is far easier on the eye than alternatives, unless for a special reason.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    No, it's fine. There's tons of useful, interesting stuff on ESMB that most people not here from the oughties won't have seen.

A request, though. The default font/size is far easier on the eye than alternatives, unless for a special reason.

Paul
    Thanks for the info. Because I use my phone, writing in the dialog box is nearly impossible. I have been writing replies elsewhere and copy/pasting, which I guess changes the font even though I can't actually see that it does that. Sorry for whatever crazy font change this made. I haven't used a message board in like 10 years, and iPhones really don't like them I guess!

7. Likes dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Thanks for the info. Because I use my phone, writing in the dialog box is nearly impossible. I have been writing replies elsewhere and copy/pasting, which I guess changes the font even though I can't actually see that it does that. Sorry for whatever crazy font change this made. I haven't used a message board in like 10 years, and iPhones really don't like them I guess!
    Fair enough. Could you use microphone input? Speech-to-text software is surprisingly good these days. If not, don't worry about it.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    Fair enough. Could you use microphone input? Speech-to-text software is surprisingly good these days. If not, don't worry about it.

Paul
    Hey Paul, or anyone else reading this:

Could you tell me if what I've written here now looks like the default font? I found the pop up "paste as plain text" button here, but since my text looks like the default to me on all my replies I really won't know if it makes a difference unless someone tells me.

Thanks

10. Likes dchoiceisalwaysrs, Jump, Dulloldfart liked this post

Could you tell me if what I've written here now looks like the default font? I found the pop up "paste as plain text" button here, but since my text looks like the default to me on all my replies I really won't know if it makes a difference unless someone tells me.

Thanks
    It's perfect, just perfect. Thank you.
    To err is human, to purr is feline - Alexander Pope

12. Thanks dchoiceisalwaysrs, Dulloldfart says "thank you" for this post

Thanks
    Here's an alternative method that very much encourages learning-by-doing as I found, although it may not work well on your phone and maybe you can use it only on a tablet or computer. You can use the "A/A" labelled button in the left upper corner during making (or editing) a post to switch between all codes in your text ( [some format]the formatted text[/some format] ) being displayed as either codes or format (for example, a different font). That way you see all remaining formatting code or useless html fragments that are there even if your phone shouldn't display it as format. However, take care that what you've written or assembled there is copied to the clipboard of the phone or computer before you switch, as occasionally it all vanishes. There is an auto-save / restore function on ESMB too, you may see it flashing up in the right lower corner of the text box.
    PS: I have a newer Android phone and for me the text box works fine. However, on my last rather old and smaller smartphone, it would not, together with many other functions of the forum and other sites too.
    EVIL GETS THINGS DONE

14. Likes dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456