Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Scientology IAS Freedom Medal on Ebay

Silver Meritorious Patron uncover's Avatar

Default Re: Scientology IAS Freedom Medal on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by cakemaker View Post
    Great suggestion!
    That seems right.
    Anyone remember what year Clarke was awarded the token?
    According to this website it was on October 7, 1987 in Paris:
    http://www.freezone.org/timetrack/1987.htm

This matches with this message from 2012:
    https://www.youcaring.com/other/reli...somehelp/31021
    The Story

Dear friends, To begin on not such a wonderful note, while living in his home in Hawaii, Dennis Clarke, Citizens Commission on Human Rights pioneer and the 2nd ever Religious Freedom Medal Winner, suffered a debilitating stroke a little over a year ago. He lost all mobility of the entire right side of his body, as well as other various problems that coincide with such a condition. Dennis is my ex-husband, my friend and the father of my second son, Charles. After a month in critical care we were told Dennis’ diagnosis did not look good so we sent Charles to Hawaii to see his dad, potentially for the last time. However, Dennis began to improve and Charles started to care for him and remained with him for the last year. Charles has single handedly been caring for him. This means everything from bathing, transport, any physical needs, cooking, cleaning, and so much more. He had no training in the field of this type of care, but when he went to see his father after the stoke, he decided he would not leave his side. In the process of caring for his dad Charles seriously injured his back from continuously lifting Dennis, who is 6 foot 5 inches, 350 pounds. Charles’ condition was handled improperly by the doctors in Hawaii to say the least. Instead of proper treatment he was just handed strong pain medication so that he could walk and do his ‘normal’ activities required to take care of Dennis. In the end, and with the help of a few wonderful friends, they are both back in Clearwater, Florida where they can get help. I found Dennis a skilled nursing facility to live in here and he is doing much better getting physical and speech therapy, proper medical care and much more. His insurance covers most of his care but overall he is marginally short from month to month for basic living costs. Since he is unable to walk he cannot, obviously, do this for himself. Our son too has lost the last year to just helping his father, he regrets none of it, but we want him to get back on his feet again also. We feel like he deserves help too for his time, where, in reality, he has gotten none and yet has given so much to help his dad. Dennis needs to cover medical supplies, past debts from living expenses in Hawaii, a situation with his car, borrowed money and general monies needed for basics. He needs enough to buffer him for the coming future. Charles will be taking a job in a few months when he is ready and will also help his dad financially in the future as needed. Also, Charles has had some, but needs more treatments necessary to handle his back. He also very much wants to do a detox program to remove the pain medication given to him and to clean these toxins out of his body. The medications have, as you can imagine, seriously affected him and though he is no longer taking any he still feels the effects of them daily. Minimally what they need now is 16,000 dollars to take care off the expenses, bills, debts, doctors etc. any more than that will help cover additional expenses. We would gladly receive any amount, none is too small. These two have both given their time and effort, Dennis for his pioneering and tireless work for the Citizens Commission on Human Rights and the safety of our environment. And Charles for the dedicated care of his father. I, more than anything, want to give them a chance. They both deserve it. It has been a tough road the past year, and it has taken a lot to get them here, but they are finally to a point where they are in a good community and now we wish for them to continue on up to a normal, happy existence, once again. I thank you for any help you can give to make that happen!

Sincerely, Jennifer Lindsay

Fundraised:
    $50 of $20,000 goal.

So the token didn't contribute much to the needed/desired money.

But now you know the "benefits" of being the former president of the CCHR and an IAS freedom medal winner.

BTW, for the unconvinced critics: now you - and even OSA - should be able to draw your own independent conclusions:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebay-freedom-medal_engraving.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	12464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebay-freedom-medal_engraving-edit.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	12465  
    Last edited by uncover; 18th April 2016 at 11:27 PM.
    "Scientology & the FZ - where mental illness is celebrated as a win called OT." (C) 2013 by HelluvaHoax!

"To get involved in Scientology is a mistake any good person could make. But to stay involved for a lifetime requires sadism or some degree of masochism." (C) 2014 by HelluvaHoax!

2. Thanks ForLease, Pooks, cakemaker, AngeloV, TheOriginalBigBlue says "thank you" for this post
    Patron with Honors

I notice that the bid as of 19 Apr 2016, 03:28 EST (USA East Coast time) is $113.50. Are there that few surviving medals that it has become a collector's item? Or is the Church buying up these items as they appear on eBay, as somebody suggested earlier, for PR purposes? But then, who would be bidding against them to drive the bid that high?

I notice the seller seems to be a coin collector, among other things. Maybe there's a market in the numismatist or other collectors' community for $cientology items?

Conspiracy theory: This is a new scam by the Cherch, putting items up for sale and then buying them from themselves to create a collector's market for old $cn items.
    Eschew obfuscation!

4. LOL! phenomanon, TheOriginalBigBlue, Jump laughed at this post
    Patron Meritorious

Quote Originally Posted by uncover View Post
    According to this website it was on October 7, 1987 in Paris:
    http://www.freezone.org/timetrack/1987.htm

This matches with this message from 2012:
    https://www.youcaring.com/other/reli...somehelp/31021

So the token didn't contribute much to the needed/desired money.

But now you know the "benefits" of being the former president of the CCHR and an IAS freedom medal winner.

BTW, for the unconvinced critics: now you - and even OSA - should be able to draw your own independent conclusions:

I can also see an "E" (white circle) and on the side view, you can clearly see the "H" and "C".

6. Likes JBWriter liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OutToe83 View Post
    I notice that the bid as of 19 Apr 2016, 03:28 EST (USA East Coast time) is $113.50. Are there that few surviving medals that it has become a collector's item? Or is the Church buying up these items as they appear on eBay, as somebody suggested earlier, for PR purposes? But then, who would be bidding against them to drive the bid that high?

I notice the seller seems to be a coin collector, among other things. Maybe there's a market in the numismatist or other collectors' community for $cientology items?

Conspiracy theory: This is a new scam by the Cherch, putting items up for sale and then buying them from themselves to create a collector's market for old $cn items.
    Or...maybe OSA in Hawaii just doesn't know they are bidding against OSA in Florida because it eez highly confidential project.

8. LOL! OutToe83, ForLease, Jump, wazn laughed at this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

I heard Dennis Clarke passed away recently. He had suffered from a number of strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Little David View Post

He has also campaigned to get a correct definition of human rights, agreed upon and used by human rights advocates world wide, in place of no or ill-conceived definitions. Mr Clarke recommends the definition offered in 1969 by his, "Best friend," L. Ron Hubbard: "The very basis of human rights is freedom from false accusations and from brutality and punishment without offense." RJ 69 No. 1"

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dennis-clarke-627ab958

I just love this LRH quote:

He has also campaigned to get a correct definition of human rights, agreed upon and used by human rights advocates world wide, in place of no or ill-conceived definitions. Mr Clarke recommends the definition offered in 1969 by his, "Best friend," L. Ron Hubbard: "The very basis of human rights is freedom from false accusations and from brutality and punishment without offense." RJ 69 No. 1"

Paulette Cooper and her story is such a shining example of Ron's Causative viewpoint.

We probably should speculate here how he rose above the bank.
    "Religion is free; Scientology is neither."

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever." - George Orwell, 1984

"L. Ron Hubbard is the cult leader for the crime that is Scientology." - Cleverbot

"And while we're at it I might as well toss this in for a good laugh. We were doing a lot of "research" on Rockslams at that time and one of the Hubbard thing's rockslamming items was...(oh you're going to love this)...'unlimited wealth'" - Mystic

11. Thanks Jump says "thank you" for this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345